Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,151 members, 7,835,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me (39327 Views)

Salmonella And Shigella Infection Is Killing Me, Please Help / The Legend Of The Toilet Infection; Is This The Cause Of Vaginal Discharge? / Bananas Prevent HIV Infection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by fuckdmods(m): 8:36am On Jul 18, 2013
wow inspirational
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by anonimi: 8:50am On Jul 18, 2013
beatbug: so your problem now is dat she shld b 28 or 29. Nawa o, na only she de do age declaration abi, how old is Baba iyabo even most civil servants... Abeggi, live Miss Asuquo for ṃ̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ o.

This thread is not about Baba Iyabo or "most civil servants".
It is about an HIV+ person who has placed herself in the public sphere with the accompanying priviledges and sympathy hence the details of her story must be scrutinised to ascertain that she is saying the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Do you have any problem with using such rigorous standards for public figures such as Gloria Asuquo

BTW, do you have details of Baba Iyabo's fake age declaration or that of most civil servants?
If you do, what have you done about it?
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by brosmart(m): 9:08am On Jul 18, 2013
Keep on trusting God, he sent help to you through the good Anthony Agu, He will do it again.
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Burger01(m): 9:20am On Jul 18, 2013
jhydebaba: BREAKING NEWS!!!

Finally, the world most dreaded disease now got a cure.

"What year is this please?"

"2513"

Ode ni e..
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Burger01(m): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2013
What!!! grin

Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by kinguwem: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2013
Religious & superstitious belief is retrogressive to the orientation & mentality of the black man. Sickness is better managed in the hospital than in a church. Some religious leaders don't usually give their members the right advise because they are ignorant of the advances in medical sciences.
With the use of ARV's, PLWHA can live a normal life.

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Queeniekruuz(f): 9:43am On Jul 18, 2013
Red_Card: Touching story. At first I was shocked over HIV now being a blessing. If I were u, reconciling with my mother would have been the last thing on my mind. I wish u goodluck on your dream of finding the cure to HIV. Even if you don't find the cure, am sure your name will still be on the guiness world record either as "'an open HIV patient" or "one of the oldest virgins currently living". Lest I forget, pls keep God off your mind. Hoping on him will be a waste of time.
u're just d worst fool i've eva met in lyf,be wise guy nd may God forgive u.
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Burger01(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2013
ACM10:

Who told u that HIV is the world most dreaded disease? Your ignorance knows no bound. What about cancer? What about multi-drug resistant TB?
Don't mind the dunce.

sad
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Adwexky(m): 10:15am On Jul 18, 2013
ibedun: You are alive because of this medication and the people who have supported you.

Sorry to say but forget that inexistent and not-so-useful God.

Best of luck
It is illogical for an Human like you to abuse or Blaspheme God in this era of Life, when all strange things are happening. Wake up 'cos I know you are asleep, God is very very REAL but He is Spirit (physically invisible).
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Abbey2sam(m): 10:20am On Jul 18, 2013
May you achieve your dreams IJN
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Thermythorpe(f): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2013
I am PROUD to be NEGATIVE oo..

Check/know your status today. wink
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Mystery11(m): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2013
ibedun: You are alive because of this medication and the people who have supported you.

Sorry to say but forget that inexistent and not-so-useful God.

Best of luck

If you are, unfortunately to yourself, an atheist, why not keep it to yourself because we dont want to know.

I have a God that answers me anytime I call on him.

Get a brain .
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
ACM10:

Who told u that HIV is the world most dreaded disease? Your ignorance knows no bound. What about cancer? What about multi-drug resistant TB?

Dear. HIV itself predisposes to Cancer, TB and other infections.

Infact, when u see an adult with primary CNS neoplasms especially, ask him/her to do an HiV test. HIV is immuosuppressive and hence diminishes the body's immune system to fight cancers.

2) same goes to infections , most esp TB including the multi-drug resistant variety.

3) Thank God for the life of Gloria o. The worst problem in HIV is this stigmatism dey have to deal with, and she seems to be over it.
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by mcdreeezy: 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Aint patient enuf to read such long posts. *walks outta thread*
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by ACM10: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Dear. HIV itself predisposes to Cancer, TB and other infections.

Infact, when u see an adult with primary CNS neoplasms especially, ask him/her to do an HiV test. HIV is immuosuppressive and hence diminishes the body's immune system to fight cancers.

2) same goes to infections , most esp TB including the multi-drug resistant variety.

3) Thank God for the life of Gloria o. The worst problem in HIV is this stigmatism dey have to deal with, and she seems to be over it.

You sounds like one Ngozi I used to know. Did u pass thru UNEC? You are right, but HIV is not the most dreaded disease in the world.
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by ZURYZEST(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
can't hold the tears running down my eyes...
very touching story.
you will accomplish your dreams
keep up with the good fight

1 Like

Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Funjosh(m): 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
Please forgive that witch call your mother.
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
ACM10:

You sounds like one Ngozi I used to know. Did u pass thru UNEC? You are right, but HIV is not the most dreaded disease in the world.

lol. Y is everybody sounding familiar to u? U had asked about Anthony Agu or so in UNTH; now its Ngozi in UNEC?

Well, i didnt attend Unec. Describe the ngozi u are thinking of, let me know whether it suits one of my friend's features
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Josephinenick: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
Do u hear urself?[quote author=Red_Card]Touching story. At first I was shocked over HIV now being a blessing. If I were u, reconciling with my mother would have been the last thing on my mind. I wish u goodluck on your dream of finding the cure to HIV. Even if you don't find the cure, am sure your name will still be on the guiness world record either as "'an open HIV patient" or "one of the oldest virgins currently living". Lest I forget, pls keep God off your mind. Hoping on him will be a waste of time. [do u i hear urself?/quote]
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by victorious1986: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=Caracta]*wipes tears*

This is an inspiring story. That's a good spirit. Thumbs up Gloria. Smh @ people that commit suicide daily over trivial issues like breakups and low CGPA. There is always a reason to live!

u re gud.
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by victorious1986: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
God has already come to ur aid. He would see u to d end
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by ACM10: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:

lol. Y is everybody sounding familiar to u? U had asked about Anthony Agu or so in UNTH; now its Ngozi in UNEC?

Well, i didnt attend Unec. Describe the ngozi u are thinking of, let me know whether it suits one of my friend's features

lol. On a serious note, you sound familiar. Forget the description for now. Just asking. . .
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Missonas(f): 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Red_Card:
Hoping on him will be a waste of time.

You're so wrong!and i hope u realise that soon.GOD help us all
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Missonas(f): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
anonimi:

Why do we like to think only in SIMPLEX mode

Have you considered that he may be trying to confirm specific parts of her story that seem riddled with embellishemnts and inaccuracies (to put it mildly).
* She is 24 years old now i.e. 2013.
* Was infected at 12 as a JSS 1 student and also broke the window of their house to run away at the same age 12 with only N800 even though drugs cost N15k etc.
* Meanwhile she was rescued and subsequently finished (secondary?) school in 1996 i.e. 17 years ago.

There maybe a PROBABILITY that dis article is 5 years old
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
ACM10:

lol. On a serious note, you sound familiar. Forget the description for now. Just asking. . .

no,dear. I didnt train there
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by chymechi: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Gloria,the hand of God is clearly upon your life. Disregard the call by the last contributor, not to reconcile with your mum.I think that if your mum had not treated you the way she did, maybe you wouldn't have ran away from home, let alone meeting Dr Agu who God used to help you. Sometimes,God could orchestrate seemingly difficult circumstances in our lives just for our own good in the end. One may ask: why did God allow you to contract the disease in the first place? Unlike the last contributor suggested, do not give up on God. He knows all that concerns us. BE STRONG!
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by chymechi: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
note: the last contributor i meant in my last post was "RED CARD", WHOEVER HE OR SHE IS
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by anonimi: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Missonas:

There maybe a PROBABILITY that dis article is 5 years old

The elements about her age and other inaccuracies that don't add up are from the same article.
We Nigerians should learn to SCRUTINISE anyone who is in the PUBLIC space and enjoying the benefits that go with it, be it power, fame, sympathy, funding, donations etc.
That is the way to not be a MUGU!

I am sure no one wants to be a MUGU, knowingly or un-knowingly!!!
Or are there voluntary, willing MUGUS here
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by owobaba201: 12:00am On Jul 19, 2013
AS THEY SAY"EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING!".SOMETIMES AFFLICTIONS HAPPENS 2US 4OUR OWN GOOD.LIKE JOB IN D BIBLE.TOT THEY SED SOME PPLE GOT CURE 4HIV«DR-ABALAKA $CO~*%¤».MAY D GOOD LORD LEAD U 2UR CURE.AMEN!STAY BLESSED!
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Revolva(m): 12:38am On Jul 19, 2013
omo i don ntry tire catch HIV d tin no grree enter my body...na wa when i go get blessing like Gloria na..baba God
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Frabidel(f): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2013
Laff rlly wan kill me die!u pple re just too much!
Re: Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me by Nenyeluv(f): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2013
pathetic,,,,, pple are scard of knowing their hiv status but i think dats the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Three Patients In Kano Flee After Testing Positive — Official / Why Do Women Hardly Have Heart Attack? / Zambian Fr Kenan Chibawe Commits Suicide After Receiving A Strange Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.