Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Childhood Sweethearts Separated By WWII Set To Marry After 70 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Childhood Sweethearts Separated By WWII Set To Marry After 70 Years (539 Views)

Soldiers Kissing Their Sweethearts Goodbye As They Leave (picture) / Romance As Heineken Hosted Orikinla's Sweethearts At 2012 EKOIFF / Happy New Month To You My Sweethearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Childhood Sweethearts Separated By WWII Set To Marry After 70 Years by prymesolution: 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
"Don't get it twisted, love is a beautiful thing" - D'banj

Childhood sweetheart Bob Humphries, 89, and Bernie Bluett, 88, reunited in 2011 after losing touch during the World War II. At the time He was 18 and she was 17.

Life happened to both of them as Bernie's disapproving parents refused to pass on Bob's letters. The two lovebirds went on to marry other people.

Thanks to Ms Bluett's daughter, the couple reunited and after 70 years of being apart, they are set to tie the knot on Saturday.

Mr Humphries said Mrs Bluett had left an impression on him when they first met all those years ago.

He said: "When circumstances brought us closer together we finally got married after all these years. It has been quite stressful but I am looking forward to it."

Mrs Bluett added: "When I saw him again I didn't see an old man – I saw that young soldier. We both feel young at heart."

~ Such a beautiful story...

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/07/childhood-sweethearts-separated-by-wwii.html
Re: Childhood Sweethearts Separated By WWII Set To Marry After 70 Years by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:25am On Jul 18, 2013
Blogging and foolish stories, the new trend in foolishness undecided

(1) (Reply)

Man Gives His GF A Sensational Marriage Proposal (VIDEO) / Does Women Real Help In A Single Man's Life / Adventurous Ladies Based In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.