Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Eyowo Issues - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Eyowo Issues (3334 Views)

EYOWO IS Back !!!! / Eyowo Is Running With Our Money Next Month / Eyowo Closed And No Settlement 2 weeks now :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eyowo Issues by DualCore1: 9:51am On Jul 18, 2013
Despite the fact that I dislike unnecessary change and like the simplicity the Eyowo interface presents, I finally made a switch from Eyowo for the following reasons:

1. A customer's payment bounced, he was debited by Interswitch but the funds never got to our Eyowo Wallet. A mail was sent to support@eyowo.com on Thursday 11th July (a week ago) and several mails followed since it was not replied. Their phoneline was switched off then. They did not respond to the several mails sent by me and the customer and its a week now... I had to refund the customer's money from my own pocket as it were.

2. Eyowo's phoneline now rings but nobody has been picking it for 2 days straight.

3. Normal account settlements that were due to be paid on Tuesday (2 days ago) have not been paid (today is Thursday and tomorrow is supposed to be another settlement day).

4. Eyowo does not communicate issues with its merchants. Merchants are left to keep speculating what the issues are.

Well I wish the company well but I can't sink with it so I have abandoned the Eyowo ship and I advise Eyowo merchants to carry out their own investigations if they are to continue receiving payments through Eyowo.

Update(Friday July 19 2013).
Settlements that were supposed to be paid on Tuesday have just been paid today (Friday) their next settlement day. While I have no issues with delayed settlements (for whatever reasons known to them alone, as they never give you any situation reports), this is the first time I have experienced such a delay with them.

I have still not received any email regarding the transaction problem (not like I am expecting anyone at this point) but just FYI.

I wish them the best in their business endeavors.

There's no going back for me at this point.
Re: Eyowo Issues by dansmog(m): 10:34am On Jul 18, 2013
so sir which did you now switch to?
Re: Eyowo Issues by databoy247(m): 11:47am On Jul 18, 2013
^^ simplepay4u

Not everyone has the strength to establish a one man business and see it through for a long period of time. When you offer such services and earn as little as N34 as charges per transaction, if you dont plan well you will run into problems. The question is how many sales are you generating per day to earn you a good figure? Remember you have to pay for office space, equipments, subscriptions, and salary if you have more than one employee. Which means you must generate well over 5000 sales per month if you earn below N55 per transaction in order to keep up with overhead costs.

Whether you like it or not, generating over 5000 sales per month in the Nigerian online market is a tough call. Eyowo, though they have a good UI, i have never seen their adverts anywhere.If you dont do aggressive adverts, you wont make sales and if you depend on word-of-mouth advertising as a young company, you would have issues.

Now, for a similar business like simplepay, even if i dont see their adverts, simplepay is just a subsidiary of a parent company and the parent company is a well grounded IT company based in Abuja. Their workers come and go BUT the business remains. That is not a one man business.

The same goes with voguepay which do alot of adverts too.

So, for me i have never liked Eyowo because i see it as a one man business and i cant trust a one man business with my hard earned cash. People should learn from Liberty Reserve case, where one person runs the whole business from his living room in costa rica grin

2 Likes

Re: Eyowo Issues by mitey(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
dansmog++:
so sir which did you now switch to?

@OP, Err... if you don't mind, we will like that answered cool
Re: Eyowo Issues by databoy247(m): 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
mitey:

@OP, Err... if you don't mind, we will like that answered cool

If you have an account with trudigits you must have received the email update stating the new payment system. Like i said they migrated to simplepay4u.

una nor dey read?? angry
Re: Eyowo Issues by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
databoy247: ^^ simplepay4u

Not everyone has the strength to establish a one man business and see it through for a long period of time. When you offer such services and earn as little as N34 as charges per transaction, if you dont plan well you will run into problems. The question is how many sales are you generating per day to earn you a good figure? Remember you have to pay for office space, equipments, subscriptions, and salary if you have more than one employee. Which means you must generate well over 5000 sales per month if you earn below N55 per transaction in order to keep up with overhead costs.

Whether you like it or not, generating over 5000 sales per month in the Nigerian online market is a tough call. Eyowo, though they have a good UI, i have never seen their adverts anywhere.If you dont do aggressive adverts, you wont make sales and if you depend on word-of-mouth advertising as a young company, you would have issues.

Now, for a similar business like simplepay, even if i dont see their adverts, simplepay is just a subsidiary of a parent company and the parent company is a well grounded IT company based in Abuja. Their workers come and go BUT the business remains. That is not a one man business.

The same goes with voguepay which do alot of adverts too.

So, for me i have never liked Eyowo because i see it as a one man business and i cant trust a one man business with my hard earned cash. People should learn from Liberty Reserve case, where one person runs the whole business from his living room in costa rica grin

YOU AMAZED ME WITH YOUR CLAIMS BRO

1. LIBERTY RESERVE WAS NEVER RUN BY ONE MAN, THE ONLY CRIME LIBERTY RESERVE COMMITTED WAS RUNNING A PAYMENT PROCESSING COMPANY THAT ACCEPT UNITED STATE COMPANY/INDIVIDUAL WITHOUT LICENSE FROM THE US FINANCIAL BODIES. LIBERTY RESERVE DID NOT COMMIT ANY CRIME UNTIL THE UNITED STATED FINANCIAL BODIES CHANGE THEIR RULES EARLY THIS YEAR, WHICH LR DID NOT HONORED, OTHER MINOR CRIME ARE

1. USING A .COM DOMAIN FOR FINANCIAL SERVICE WITHOUT A LICENSE (.COM,.NET ARE PROPERTY OF UNCLE SAM)
2. USING A HOSTING RESOURCE BASED IN UNITED STATE FOR THEIR SERVER LOAD BALANCING (AMAZON SELL THEM OUT)
3. TWO OF THE OWNER ARE UNITED STATED CITIZEN (THEY APPLY NOT BE A CITIZEN AGAIN SOME YEARS BACK LOL grin)
4. PROVIDING A PAYMENT PROCESSING FIRM THAT IS NOT REGULATED (ANYTHING GOES IN LR)

BACK TO EYOWO ISSUES

IN AS MUCH I BELIEVE THAT EVERY COMPANY HAS IT UPS AND DOWNS, EYOWO WHICH I THINK THE COMPANY IS A SUBSIDIARY OF (http://www.softcomimagio.com/) should just find a way about resolving this issue and get back on track.

SIMPLEPAY4u
This guys have so many things to do on their website, they have the swagger but somethings are still missing e.g proper use of ssl to prevent man in the middle attacks e.t.c

@databoy247 advertisement does not ALWAYS translate to more sales, voguepay has it's members before even commencing.
Re: Eyowo Issues by DualCore1: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
I have updated the first post.
For those asking, I just made Simplepay4u.com the major processor. It's always been an available option but Eyowo was favored as the preferred option at the time.
Re: Eyowo Issues by klipse: 8:43am On Aug 23, 2013
Hi iv heard of simplepay and have used eyowo in the past. Wouldn't go into details. What I am looking for is a solution that doesn't require technical know how. I have a blog and every now and then I sell different items my sister brings in from overseas. I dnt want website integration, just setup and collect payments for these items. So I researched and found these guys. http://kollect.com.ng they r new and it seems are interested in my kind. So has anyone used them? I called their lines and spoke wit a guy who explained a lot abt them. I want to know if the pay ontime and if they r credible. Thanks
Re: Eyowo Issues by mitey(m): 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
^^^^ To get better response, create a new thread rather than replying a old dead thread
Re: Eyowo Issues by DualCore1: 6:14am On Aug 24, 2013
klipse: Hi iv heard of simplepay and have used eyowo in the past. Wouldn't go into details. What I am looking for is a solution that doesn't require technical know how. I have a blog and every now and then I sell different items my sister brings in from overseas. I dnt want website integration, just setup and collect payments for these items. So I researched and found these guys. http://kollect.com.ng they r new and it seems are interested in my kind. So has anyone used them? I called their lines and spoke wit a guy who explained a lot abt them. I want to know if the pay ontime and if they r credible. Thanks

If you want to introduce your business come out plain and do so.
Re: Eyowo Issues by pisolution(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2013
As for me, before taking any step I take my time researching. I have been using VoguePay for a very long time and I don't have any problem with them and I think they are doing well.

I don't know the size of your business but if you are running a big online business and you have a huge customer base I will recommend you apply for GTB Merchant account. Its just that's it expensive but you will have the rest of mind. If you have an account with them they will charge you N75,000 to apply but if not they will charge you N150,000.
Re: Eyowo Issues by sehawale: 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dualcore1, please i need your professional advice on a matter. i already requested to email you from Nairaland...hoping you will reply soon so we can talk out of this forum. In case you did not get the request, please contact me with your details on olawale.olaseha@yahoo.com
Re: Eyowo Issues by immax2005: 1:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
While searching for best online payment platform in NIGERIA i discovered that Eyowo Online payment platform is down since 2012 but this article here " www.naijaonlinebiz.com/top-20-online-payment-processor-platforms-in-nigeria-online-payment-solutions/ " could actually help anyone looking for best online payment platform in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Implementing An SEO Strategy / Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access / 6 Effective Ways To Generate Article Titles For Your Blog Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.