Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria (69095 Views)

Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / 5 Worst Degrees With Lowest potential For Employment In nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Ribaman(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Vonwolf: A proud graduate of philosophy and I have not been out of Job since I left school, while so many people I know with their professional certificates still roam the street in search of Jobs...Na Chinekemee dey do am...Any discipline you find yourself study hard, don't be a lazy student and pray to God...or haven't you seen some Engineers,Lawyers etc begging?
Listen up, fellow nairalanders!
What one studies isn't the sole decider. One's attitude and mentality matter, may be even more!
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
Joliejay: There are a lot of graduates who studied the above courses you mentioned who are getting better jobs and are more successful than those that read Engineering,Law etc.So most times it is really not about your course of study.
What is the percentage of those who got jobs with that degree compared to those who are still roaming the streets or have changed profession? Look at facts and figures before you jump into conclusion
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by HZwriters: 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
first degree programs are simply an eye opener.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by jhydebaba(m): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
Eureka007: listern dont be a novice all u need to secure job in nigeria is ur money or ur oga ontop,forget ur field,a friend of mine was employed into zenith bank with yoruba "pali"while am still roaming about with my civil engineering "pali"
I can now see why u are still roaming the street with ur pali.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
adebisi watch: I studied psychology,and am wrk wit an oil company here in nigeria and am in for ma master!! OAU to UNILAG. So na God oooooo. Forget wetin yu read ooo...it is wt u can offer ooooooo.
Pls what job do you do for the oil company? Specify!

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
vivacious vivi: Zoology (say what?!), Veterinary medicine (who get time for pets like that?) , Linguistics ( I laugh in Korean! grin), Liberal Arts (Not even sure what that really means!), Sociology 9Ask Facebook, Na Naija, Whatsapp etc...we don't need them to learn how to socialize grin)
Vet docs get jobs with international orgs. Besides, graduates are not that many cuz few schools run it
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by CLEANSLATE: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
O boy,course like Building Tech must be added to the list.i did Building and have been searching for jobs for over ten years now and also non of my coursemates have gotten a good job.just managing menial jobs.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Jdfada: 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
These days if someone farts in nairaland it will make the front page.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Vonwolf(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Chartey:

Goosh! What a dumb question.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by omoredia: 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yeah studies Zoology and I'm so sure I can comfortably pay your dad's pension for the next 20 years or so lol
Chillisauce: Zoology
Botany
Psychology
undecided
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
idsamoo: Forestry and wildlife management!
this is a good discipline oo
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Vonwolf:

Goosh! What a dumb question.
Its not oo, don't just shy away from the question.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by drdams: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hahah, I know u... Dnt waste ya tym trying to know me oo, u wont succeed. Awis pof. Don pedro, prof. Otunbajo bla, prof.. MaK, prof Egonmwan.. Hahaha
omoredia: Yeah studies Zoology and I'm so sure I can comfortably pay your dad's pension for the next 20 years or so lol
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
pls what does an agric and biosystems engnr do?
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
CLEANSLATE: O boy,course like Building Tech must be added to the list.i did Building and have been searching for jobs for over ten years now and also non of my coursemates have gotten a good job.just managing menial jobs.
shame
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by iamolalekan(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
I study Demography and social statiatics. from part 3 I begin to enjoy through a course that based on data analysis......now i just added online marketing to it .

you too can start making money from this link just register and activate your account.

http:// www./?r=iamolalekan
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by drdams: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
Eva heard of www.google.com? Go chk dat out
Jasboi: pls what does an agric and biosystems engnr do?
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by MevsU(m): 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]:
adebisi watch: I studied psychology,and am wrk wit an oil company here in nigeria and am in for ma master!! OAU to UNILAG. So na God oooooo. Forget wetin yu read ooo...it is wt u can offer ooooooo.
oil company!!! When you cant write a paragraph without blunder I suggest it's better you let us know wether you work there as the gatekeeper because a security officer that works for shell will claim that he works for an oil company
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
This thread is unnecessary. It only reminds us of how our future as youths in Nigeria is not secured. I just have to unfollow it.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by illuminutty: 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
Lies

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by SwTonia(f): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
Chartey:
my thought as well
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
poster, am nt sure u knw wat ur talking about, mass comm should nt b on dis list, have u heard of public relations well its under mass comm and every top org has a pr dept, just because ur ignorant abt d course does nt mean its nt a lucrative one.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by dabrake(m): 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hunting and pursuing.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by SwTonia(f): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nawa oh as a biochemist i wan get job sharperly oh,if i graduate
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by omajali2003(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
idsamoo: Forestry and wildlife management!
who will look after the animals? The lions and antelops need a graduate to take care of them

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by omajali2003(m): 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
nuru3000: poster, am nt sure u knw wat ur talking about, mass comm should nt b on dis list, have u heard of public relations well its under mass comm and every top org has a pr dept, just because ur ignorant abt d course does nt mean its nt a lucrative one.
He is old school
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Johnbelovd: 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
The problem actually is not the course of study but graduating as a functional illiterate with no clues or idea of what will work.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
I still wonder while no body made mention of anatomy

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Jamesbrian: 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sir Monday: french
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by mkoabiola: 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Wood carving.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by mourinhob: 10:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
On d contrary, i tink masscom shud rank top on d log of job employment potency. So u think dat mc is all abt journalism. Forgetting dat there is also pr, advert and film attached to it. I can name atleast ten jobs within mascom curriculum. Advert production, film production, tv broadcasting, reporting for newspapers, book publishing, public relations, book authoring, blogging, creative concept designing and radio broadcasting. Mind u each has sub jobs within it. For instance, advert production has copy writing, concept designing, directing jobs within it. I challenge d op to name any oda course with such potpourri of job choices. For d guy dat said they are soft science courses, and u easily get admitted to study them and dat it is for dull students. I dont know abt others, but masscomm. In unilag my skul, d cutoff mark for law last year was 91 while dat of masscom was 88. So u get my drill.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Anuoluwap(m): 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
mrinfo:

http://blog.ngcareers.com/1397/5-worst-degrees-with-lowest-potential-for-employment-in-nigeria/
c mouth@ Op...u should probably indicate dat u wantd 2 criticize art/social courses..which is not good,. I beleive God knows d best 4 us,regardless of d qualifications...
nxt time mak good use of ur IQ,
#NoOffence if u wn vex go hide insyd well #MuchRoomDeyThere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? / UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.