Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria (69106 Views)

Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / 5 Worst Degrees With Lowest potential For Employment In nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 11:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
yoruba engineering nko?
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Policewoman(f): 11:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
WHAT OF THOSE STUDYING PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND JUMPOLOGY? ANY HOPE??
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 12:51am On Jul 19, 2013
i have seen somebody studied Yoruba Language..today he is making Moulah....and he is satisfied
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by edi287: 3:47am On Jul 19, 2013
Me vs U: [color=#770077][/color]:
oil company!!! When you cant write a paragraph without blunder I suggest it's better you let us know wether you work there as the gatekeeper because a security officer that works for shell will claim that he works for an oil company
Back off wise guy...i can see a few "blunders" on what you wrote too.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by mcmaurice20(m): 6:11am On Jul 19, 2013
Zoology is stil very relevant today...
Chillisauce: Zoology
Botany
Psychology
undecided
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by citizenY(m): 6:17am On Jul 19, 2013
No matter the course of study, what is required is an analytical mind.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Bawss1(m): 6:34am On Jul 19, 2013
People should stop deceiving themselves, truth is some courses have better prospects than others especially here in Nigeria.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 19, 2013
The truth is dat, m nt sure about how marketable or lucrative my course of study is because hv seen only few people carrying d certificate as a first degree course.
I am a Project management technology student (300L) in one of the Fed Uni of Technology in Nigeria. Am I heading d right direction? Or I still got lots of work to do?
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 19, 2013
Nw, when everybody jumps into these fields u think are more lucrative and gives high chances of survival, what now happens to state governance, security and crime contol? Who will be there to study ur past and history? The United Nations employ more than 90% social scientists. And what makes u think that ur degree in engineering makes u better than an artisan in the street? It's consequent upon this high priority attached to science education that our society has remained in this quagmire. Let science find a solution to the challenges of Boko Haram, kidnapping, social crimes among others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by jakesund(m): 7:03am On Jul 19, 2013
Anatomy smiley

Philosophy wink

Dramatic arts shocked

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Gbolar09(m): 7:26am On Jul 19, 2013
@OP....feel it is highly unnecessary to post this kinda thread...It has a way of discouraging some scholars out there, especially those whose fields have bin mentioned. Even though you may be right to an extent, employers are majorly interested in your ability to contribute either skillfully/unskillfully into their organisation.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by chuqudy(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2013
lesluga:
I HAD A FRIEND THAT READ URHOBO IN DELSU N WONDERED WAT SHE WIL USE IT FOR

So people study Urhobology in Delsu.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by succelo: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2013
What about having PhD in Snailry...what do you think onu can use that for?
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by colon(m): 8:42am On Jul 19, 2013
Just passing by
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by drdams: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2013
Its obvious most of the commenter are still undergraduates or naive graduates.. These replies are so appauling..
U fink u funny bt its been so dry...
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Pancho01(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2013
ohaleoghene: Some engineers don't even have job . Abegi , no be naija again ? U gat ready to walk and walk before getting a job . Graduate plenty pass available jobs . My lecturer back then said if anyone thinks getting a degree will fetch him or her good money , then he is a joker! I can never allow my child go study computer science , because someone who went to computer sch will be better off . When I was a student ,the old desktop made available for student is not even enough to go round a class of fiften , let alone a class of 200 . Nigerian university na wash ! My friend travelled abroad to school , he curse everyday that had he known , he wouldn't have wasted four good years in Nigerian all in the name of paper degree which when he got to Canada , he discovered that he was been taught nonsense all the while . Old syllabus. The best is , get education for the worth of it , not for the sake of making money .
you are so much correct. In naija 2day, so much emphasis is laid on jst d paper(qualifications) thereby leavin out d knowledge, competency an individual has gotten. Acquirin knowledge has two sides; 1. Acquirin knowledge for knowledge sake, and 2. Acquirin knowledge for its usefulnes. In our contemporary society, naija in particular education is measured on wat it can pay or offer,thereby judgin sum courses irrelevant 2 d outside wrld. I dnt buy d idea of most of d majors d OP brougt forth. I knw of ppl dat stdyd philosophy n ar wrkn in banks,ministries,embassies,oil companies,multi national firms,lecturin etc.

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Pancho01(m): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2013
harkindele: The truth is dat, m nt sure about how marketable or lucrative my course of study is because hv seen only few people carrying d certificate as a first degree course.
I am a Project management technology student (300L) in one of the Fed Uni of Technology in Nigeria. Am I heading d right direction? Or I still got lots of work to do?
comon! My sis offerd dat course in futo and nw she is wrkn in a multi national company. Dats a big cours if u dnt knw it.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Pancho01(m): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2013
harkindele: The truth is dat, m nt sure about how marketable or lucrative my course of study is because hv seen only few people carrying d certificate as a first degree course.
comon! My sis offerd dat course in futo and nw she is wrkn in a multi national company. Dats a big cours if u dnt knw it. Wit PMT u can wrk in an auditing firms,oil companies,banks,construction companies, etc
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by jiveman(m): 9:26am On Jul 19, 2013
There is no future in any job,the future lies in the man that has the job.

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by lahips: 9:31am On Jul 19, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by frankkky: 10:10am On Jul 19, 2013
mrinfo:

http://blog.ngcareers.com/1397/5-worst-degrees-with-lowest-potential-for-employment-in-nigeria/
whole load of rubbish!!!!i am amazed this made front page
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by obinoral(m): 10:56am On Jul 19, 2013
All discipline in any high institutions have their relevance,one way or the other but nigeria system have turn people to jack of all trade.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Dannylux: 11:00am On Jul 19, 2013
otijah: American, british and igbo language
Someone that read Igbo language has better chances than you think. Don't underestimate the value of languages. Sooner or later you shall testify.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by gedtalks(m): 11:06am On Jul 19, 2013
bassically any course of study wherein the working-industry is almost non-functional within a country wld likely lead to non-employable graduates. For instance if you study astronomy (the study of space/ space travels). When NO NIGERIAN HAS EVER BEEN TO SPACE.. You think u would be useful E better sef say u dey for house do farm work with your papa and mama.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 19, 2013
How does an engineer differ from a mechanic? Most engineering students don't even know how to change car tire. Abegi.

How does an accountant differ from a business man? I no need u to count or calculate my profits and debts. Disappear. I sabi 2 + 2 jor.

Have u ever heard of defending one's self in the law court?

U r d most illiterate graduate I have ever met. Idiot. Fool.

Am a proud philosophy final year student of unilag n i can work my own car inside out. Ode buruku like u. Graduate for mouth, nothing up stairs.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 19, 2013
Pancho01:
comon! My sis offerd dat course in futo and nw she is wrkn in a multi national company. Dats a big cours if u dnt knw it. Wit PMT u can wrk in an auditing firms,oil companies,banks,construction companies, etc
Thanks...dats an eye opener there. I really don't know how to go about it afta d first degree...mayb masters or oda professional certifications. Any idea how she made it?
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Jordanmusa(m): 11:33am On Jul 19, 2013
i studied psychology and i work in a hospital where i earn 150 thousand naira. same with some of my course mates who earn 70 to 80 thousand naira in other places.

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nten: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
There is no course of study that is not of relevance to the society. If it wasnt it wuldnt be design as a course to study in the institution. However, it is the available space to accomodate this grads lies the problem sometimes because of nepotism, tribalism, favouritism.....
But God will see every1 sail through the travails of this country
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Nten: 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
franciskaine: Nw, when everybody jumps into these fields u think are more lucrative and gives high chances of survival, what now happens to state governance, security and crime contol? Who will be there to study ur past and history? The United Nations employ more than 90% social scientists. And what makes u think that ur degree in engineering makes u better than an artisan in the street? It's consequent upon this high priority attached to science education that our society has remained in this quagmire. Let science find a solution to the challenges of Boko Haram, kidnapping, social crimes among others.
gud1!!! I sense a social scientist talking

1 Like

Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Pancho01(m): 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
harkindele:
Thanks...dats an eye opener there. I really don't know how to go about it afta d first degree...mayb masters or oda professional certifications. Any idea how she made it?
afta her youth service, she startd applyin 4 jobs. She ddnt had 2 go 4 any oda profesional certification watsoeva jst 2get employd. She came out wt a gud result,and wt dat she got a job lik i told u in pwc<an auditing firm>, althou she waitd 4 a yr u knw naija wahala na. Bt trust me jst kp ur head focus on comin out wt a gud result dats al. Wit Project managemnt acordn 2 wat she told me u can fit in2 an acountin,auditin,bankin,oil company jobs. Den afta getn d job u may den dcide 2 upgrade. Mahn relax u got urself a nyc cours.
Re: Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria by Pancho01(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
harkindele:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? / UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.