Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents (10849 Views)

110 Die In Accidents On Benin-Lagos & Onitsha-Owerri Expressways / Nigeria Power Rates To Rise Up To 88% / What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by gbadexy(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
I don't know if this is the proper section to post this but I feel I need to draw attention to this trend.
While on •̸Ϟ•̸y way back home this evening along ikorodu expressway, I witnessed an accident involving a car hitting a young boy around the obanikoro area.
The car hit the young guy with such force that he landed on a car on the other lane, damaging its windscreen and denting its body badly. That was even after the car that hit him applied a substantial amount of brake with loud screeching noise.
All cars stopped and the lady whose car the boy laned on came out with her driver and started making frantic move to get help while the boy lay on the road with blood trickling from his mouth.
When the brt bus I was in passed the scene through its dedicated lane, it was observed by the passenger in the bus that he had earpiece on his ear. I really don't know if he relied on hearing to cross the highway or maybe he was distracted by the music.
I've heard several similar incidence like a middle aged woman that killed a corper whom she claimed walked onto her lane while wearing earpiece, and a man that walked into a train track!
A similar incidence happened on a street near •̸Ϟ•̸y paint factory where a young boy walked into a robbery scene while listening to music on earpiece despite several cries to warn him and he was hit in the chest by bullet.
It really baffles ♍ƺ why anybody would deliberately shut an important sense off while walking on a public road where one needs all the senses intact to hear warnings and be alert.
I really hope this thread would get across to a significant number of youths and I want attention to be drawn to these ugly treand and sensitization and enlightenment should be carried out by media outfits warning the youths on the danger of listening to music while walking on the road and even perhaps about the use of skates on high way.
Majority of the people fond of this habits are teenagers that like following trends without knowing the consequence of their actions and it could easily be anybody's kid or sibling that could happen to again.
I hope this thread gets to the desired targets and I would want people to create BB broadcasts of their own to raise awareness on it or post warnings and awareness through other social media channels too.

65 Likes

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
Thanks a lot bro. I think this is a very important observation and warning.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by andyanders: 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
This is very important. Seun, please move this to the front page as it concerns youths who feel they can only reason with their anus instead of their brain.

1 Like

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Aryyor: 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
This is front page worthy oh!

1 Like

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Danhumprey: 10:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
Where are the Mods when you need them? Push this thread to the frontpage! Awareness need to be raised on the danger of listening to music while walking on a busy highway.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by launique: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mods! Front page! Front page before I ... cum grin
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by MrMcJay(m): 12:27am On Jul 19, 2013
Life expectancy in Nigeria is 39 years. If you use earpiece and you are pinging, omo your life remain 1 bar o! Do not ping with a BB on the street and put earpiece in your ears except you have written your will.

As to the MODs, 'they' won't put it on the fp now. If it is Tonto Dike posing with weed, it will make fp quickly or if it is another copy and paste from Psquare, they'll put it there. I don't understand why these mods promote intellectual barreness over common sense.

11 Likes

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 19, 2013
@op, tnx, dis ur write is talkin to me.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Horus(m): 1:00am On Jul 19, 2013
If you’re walking on the street and listening to music on your earpiece, please take out at least one earbud when you’re about to cross the road.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by gbadexy(m): 6:43am On Jul 19, 2013
Horus: If you’re walking on the street and listening to music on your earpiece, please take out at least one earbud when you’re about to cross the road.
I would rather suggest the person keep his/her earpiece in the pocket and use it whent at home.
The person would still walk on side road and may not hear warnings.

3 Likes

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2013
nna nawaoo
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2013
Sooo true. smiley
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by princesammmy: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2013
How on earth will you enjoy music on a busy street?

1 Like

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Jarus(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2013
Thanks for calling attention to this. JazakAllahu khair.

I wonder why a sane person would put on earpiece while crossing the road.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2013
What a life saving thread. The best to hit the frontpage in this month. God bless the poster for the info.
[b]Last Bullet:[b/]
He who has ears, let him ear, he who has eyes, let him see. Many v seen worst situations, accidents caused cos somebody who's ears where blocked with earpiece while walking along or crossing the road.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by samir101ng(m): 10:11am On Jul 19, 2013
It's becoming a dangerous trend nowadays seeing people with headphones and earpieces walking on the road or even when jogging. Sometimes they crank up the music so loud that if your sitting next to them you can hear the sound. The worst however are the Beats by Dre generation of youngsters. Everywhere you go you see them. Now i don't understand how one can wear a head phone with a noise isolation/cancelling function and expect to walk about pinging or even drive (yes, i have seen a lady wearing them while driving in Abuja) without dire circumstances. May the souls of the departed rest in piece.

3 Likes

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Qunlesas: 10:12am On Jul 19, 2013
Ohk tanxxx! I guess m on d front page
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by 2map(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2013
I have to pass this on to my friends.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Ibangap(m): 10:13am On Jul 19, 2013
Yea, i recently noticed that i see more clearly when i don't have my earpiece on than when i have them on. I don't know if there is any nerve connecting the visual and audio sensory organs.
@topic, i had hit somone too while driving, and d earpiece in the boys ears what was saved me from the angry mob dat day.

1 Like

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 19, 2013
This is a very dangerous trend.

I understand that the ear piece/ head phones are part of some kind of fashion statement/accessory.

People need to be very cautious really.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by scaler345: 10:14am On Jul 19, 2013
@op, tx 4 dis. I've witnessed such myself along Lekki-Epe ExP WAY. Since then, I've been xtra careful while trekkin on any road. Pls, let us all take heed to this advice.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Eloghosa78: 10:15am On Jul 19, 2013
Thanks alot bro....Am guilty of it too.

1 Like

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 19, 2013
Only an insane person will use earpice on both ears while crossing our dangerous roads where insane driver (mostly) us daily.

1 Like

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by lavivifubs: 10:17am On Jul 19, 2013
This is beyond a write-up, it is an important message that has to be taken seriously. It is important, it is apt and must not be ignored by anyone.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Lilimax(f): 10:17am On Jul 19, 2013
Thanks for this salient observations.
How someone will be walking on the highway with an earpiece on is beyond me?
The rate of this is becoming preposterous and is mostly among youths.
Little wonder it was banned outrightly in my place of work.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by dhammer(m): 10:20am On Jul 19, 2013
I am very guilty of this behavior, I find most in-ear earphones can cut off external sound completely and if you're not paying attention or a little distracted as most of us are when walking you could wander into trouble or not know when trouble is wandering into you.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Dannylux: 10:23am On Jul 19, 2013
Many us are guilty of this, it's hightime we took our lives important.
peace *
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by NNMUU(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2013
I'm actually guilty of this, I always have my earpiece on when walking on the road.
However, i make sure I reduce the volume so I can at least hear what's going on around me.
I'm against headphones tho, it completely cuts you off

1 Like

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Sike(m): 10:24am On Jul 19, 2013
This OP make sense.

1 Like

Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by Afam4eva(m): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2013
Just recently a guy ran into a railway track not knowing that a train was beckoning and he was hit badly. I use earpiece too but being the vigilant type, i only do that when i'm in a relatively safe place and not close to a road or something cos i want to know when sh1t is going down.
Re: Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2013
Biliv me, i av almost moved into an incoming car myself with an head phones on. Even after deluding myself that i can hear well if i dress the phone off one of my ears!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corruption In Executive Far More Than Legislature, Judiciary Combined, Says ICPC / Monica Ugwuanyi Advises Women On Cancer Prevention (Pictures) / NURTW Clashes: Bode George Blames Sanwo-Olu, Says Lagos Island Is In Squalour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.