Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,445 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Can We Smoke And Serve God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Smoke And Serve God? (1166 Views)

I Want To Serve God / Bishop Okonkwo… At 65, ‘all I Ever Want To Do Is Serve And Serve / Is Being A Worker In Church The Only Way To Serve God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Smoke And Serve God? by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 23, 2008
Smoking is sure not a sin or is it? I have seen men who fight, kill, torment, abuse, do other more forcefull sin, but nothing with cigarette have i seen. Tell me
Re: Can We Smoke And Serve God? by Cayon(f): 2:46am On May 24, 2008
In my opinion you can do anything and serve God
Re: Can We Smoke And Serve God? by 4Him1(m): 3:54am On May 24, 2008
A bit complex, if you agree that the your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit then i would assume that smoking is a means by which you defile it.
Re: Can We Smoke And Serve God? by MP007(m): 7:28am On May 24, 2008
from my little knowleedge about the bible, drinking is a sin but i am not sure about smoking, let the bible scholars in here answer
Re: Can We Smoke And Serve God? by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 22, 2011
The gift of salvation is eternal and the reward of a new life is made infinite. In all that has been with you and all that you have acquired from the world before you get saved, they will not just disappear like an instantaneous flash, No!!!!

The Lord as we know works in miraculous ways and he knows you more than you know yourself. Once you have confessed him as your lord and Personal saviour, he will come to you in full with his love and attention to start a might shedding of your past from you. In some people it takes a long long while because of their state of mind at that time but for others it could be really short you know.

So if smoking is the issue in your life that seems not to go away after you surrender to him, then you should not be praying against the smoking but asking to have a renewed mind, A Mind of Christ

Remain blessed and don't allow the things you do make you to think that you can ever ever loose your salvation. No!!!!! Your salvation has been paid for over 2000 years ago and now all you have to do is claim it all for your self, cause its your right but what guilt from our past does is dig up the law and make us guilty but these laws have been fulfilled in Jesus and no other can ever fulfil it as perfect as he did,

So live your live with the freedom that it comes with and simply allow his spirit to lead you by filling you up with his words and leading you by his grace. The power of a sin is the fear it creates in us and where it will ever succeed over us is if we allow these fear to become guilt and shame. These are not virtues of love and hope, but of destruction and death. Free will is good but in the Lord it comes with great advantage, love, grace, faith, mercy, and so on

So dont let your smoking habits decline your desire to love God and accept him into your heart, just accept Christ into you and he will do away with all those urges in you cause they are of the devil, and he will bring in a newer urge in you which is of Christ and your life will never be the same

If you live your life as a religious fellow and act like the hypocrites, then i am sorry for you and hope you turn from those ways and seek God first cause he brings the solution and not your handwork or devotion but Christ.

"Its God that is able, i am not able, its Christ that is able"
Re: Can We Smoke And Serve God? by scottN(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2011
First of all is smoking referenced anywhere in d Bible?
Re: Can We Smoke And Serve God? by Nobody: 2:09am On Sep 23, 2011
ScottN, the bible is a guide to our understanding of God and it allows us come in close proximity to his ways and how he sees us from his eyes and what he knows us to be and how he has made plans to liberate us and so on. The word of God does not end in the Bible but will be en scripted in the heart of the truthful and sincere Christians who have allow themselves to be living sacrifice unto God.

What God desires from you and i is a whole heart of worship and not a special day of service(Sunday) and other days of what we like to do, but total surrender of our whole days to the one who made us and then the purpose of the holy Spirit on earth will be fulfilled in your life as well.

When Jesus was on earth, he made a prayer guide for us and in that prayer guide he added the clause that is asking God to allow his Kingdom to come. We all say the Lords prayer but many of us don't know what his Kingdom truly is. I will take you through this gradually and i am open to any of your questions and i know your life will be transformed after you come across this message, because you have been waiting to hear this all through your days.

So if you are in Christ, i.e profess Jesus as your Lord and personal Creator, you are made holy instantly and your sins are automatically cancelled and finally you are the reason for the rejoiced angels in heaven and your name becomes a golden inscription in the book of Life. Now as you continue in the experience of Christ and his way of life, you will be honoured with great wisdom and power all from the holy spirit in you.

So you seem the Kingdom of God at this time has come upon you cause you now know that you are a son of God and that the rules in the Kingdom of God must be applicable in your life and all the benefit becomes yours instantly from this instant. So the kingdom of God has come upon you and in life when you taste a good thing, you are meant to talk about it and share it with friends and family telling them how good you truly are at the moment. That is te simple mission of Christ in our life and as we continue to offer ourselves to him, he continues to use us in ways we cannot imagine and he will use you beyond your thoughts and ways.

So once the kingdom comes into you, your desire for the things of this world will wax cold and your interest in heavenly stuffs will be strengthen and then if you still feel like smoking or any of your addiction then you know what to do cause he is in your heart and knows all things and how to make them work for good. So as a Christian, praying about it in truth and spirit with a heart of repentance will reveal a new life to you.

I am not saying you should quit cigarette smoking because you want to be a Christian, no, just focus on experiencing God and every other thing shall be added unto you. Bless you all and May his words always be your guide daily

(1) (Reply)

Am Tired Of Being Lied To! Christainity Is Becoming An Embarassment. / Mystery Woman Appears On Mosque Minaret / Another Way Of Looking At The "Authority" Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.