Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

I Want To Serve God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Serve God (2285 Views)

I Have Asperger’s Syndrome. How Can I Serve God As An Aspie? / It's Pays To Serve God..read These Great Testimonies To Boast Your Faith. / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Serve God by mabeni(m): 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
...but something keeps pulling me back/away. I find it difficult to go church most every time and pulling me down from success. Please what should i do?
Re: I Want To Serve God by blueyedgeek(m): 8:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
"This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike
Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not
spare them
, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, (1 samuel 15 : 3)

Hmmmn, you are playing with your life. This God that we serve is a merciless, unforgiving God. He killed babies for far less, he will kill you if you don't go to church.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Serve God by harbibi: 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
The first step to solving a problem is realizing there is a problem so I'd say starve your distractions (whatever is discouraging you from going to church) and feed your focus (make up your mind to be in church and don't change it).

Get your clothes ironed and your shoes polished on saturday evening read your bible and keep it close by, cancel all other engagement for sunday morning and above all ask the Holy spirit to help you.

Then on Sunday morning do not procastinate or allow any thing to discourage you from going to church see it as a battle you must not quit but win.

Finally in church you may come across discouragement either from other members or the reception of the ushers but please those are deceptions of the enemy to make you quit DON'T quit.

Also you can attend any Living Faith Church (Winners chapel) closest to you. God bless you!
Re: I Want To Serve God by wordcat(m): 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
blueyedgeek:
spare them

Hmmmn, you are playing with your life. This God that we serve is a merciless, unforgiving God. He killed babies for far less, he will kill you if you don't go to church.

Tell him o!

He who has ear, let him hear.

If our God can kill a man for refusing to impregnate his late brother's wife,,,,

imagine what he will do to anyone that refuse to worship him.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Serve God by blueyedgeek(m): 9:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
wordcat:

Tell him o!

He who has ear, let him hear.

If our God can kill a man for refusing to impregnate his late brother's wife,,,,

imagine what will do to anyone that refuse to worship him.
Poor Onan, struck down for refusing free p.u.n.a.n,y.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Serve God by lerumoss(f): 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
I smell sarcasms
Re: I Want To Serve God by wordcat(m): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Poor Onan, struck down for refusing free p.u.n.a.n,y.

Laugh wan tear my belle for yonder here.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Serve God by mabeni(m): 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
blueyedgeek:
spare them

thats not true man. He Spared me in a fatal accident and HE even provides when i dont ask. Bt am just having dificulty working for him d way i want. HE IS MERCILFUL ND DOESNT KILL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Serve God by slap1(m): 2:43am On Mar 16, 2015
mabeni:
thats not true man. He Spared me in a fatal accident and HE even provides when i dont ask. Bt am just having dificulty working for him d way i want. HE IS MERCILFUL ND DOESNT KILL.
What's keeping you? Do you have a girlfriend? Are you sexually active?
Re: I Want To Serve God by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 16, 2015
@Op read from the Bible's wisdom regularly from the website http://www.jw.org/en/
Re: I Want To Serve God by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 16, 2015
Besides, I am inviting to a celebration by real Jesus' followers of The remembrance of Jesus Christ's death. Find a location near you. Ask a JW.

Millions Will Attend —Will You?
Jehovah’s Witnesses warmly invite you to a talk explaining how Jesus’ life and death can benefit you personally. The Memorial will be held worldwide on Friday, April 3, 2015.
Re: I Want To Serve God by wordcat(m): 11:46am On Mar 16, 2015
mabeni:

He spared you in a FATAL ACCIDENT?

What about those he killed in that same Fatal Accident??

And that must be a WARNING,,,you've to be careful man, start going to Church now before he will killed like those he killed in that FATAL ACCIDENT.

Our Yahweh isn't Merciful at all!!!
If u think that I'm lying, ask those that died in that FATAL ACCIDENT.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Serve God by Macelliot(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
wordcat:

And that must be a WARNING,,,you've to be careful man, start going to Church now before he will killed like those he killed in that FATAL ACCIDENT.

Nwanne mehn!
Grow up! Stop being kiddish.
Re: I Want To Serve God by wordcat(m): 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
Macelliot:

Nwanne mehn!
Grow up! Stop being kiddish.

Kiddish?

The only kiddish person here is you.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Serve God by davien(m): 12:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
mabeni:
I guess by your logic, it also spared this atheist to keep being an atheist...
Re: I Want To Serve God by Macelliot(m): 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
wordcat:

Kiddish?

The only kiddish person here is you.
Chineke meeee
Re: I Want To Serve God by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
mabeni:

Don't blaspheme please.
Re: I Want To Serve God by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
davien:
I guess by your logic, it also spared this atheist to keep being an atheist...

its ways are mysterious.
Re: I Want To Serve God by davien(m): 2:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

its ways are mysterious.
lol,And you know that how? undecided
Re: I Want To Serve God by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
davien:
lol,And you know that how? undecided

Satan giveth knowledge.
Re: I Want To Serve God by davien(m): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Satan giveth knowledge.
How?..."visions"?
Re: I Want To Serve God by wordcat(m): 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2015
Macelliot:

Chineke meeee

Chukwu abiameeee
Re: I Want To Serve God by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
davien:
How?..."visions"?

Amongst others.
Re: I Want To Serve God by wordcat(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Satan giveth knowledge.

Good to hear from u man, how's your health?
Re: I Want To Serve God by emmyskies(m): 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Something is amiss somewhere. The devil needs to leave for Christ to come in
Re: I Want To Serve God by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
I'm pretty sure if you dedicate church hours to studying/working, you'll be more successful smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Serve God by davien(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
DProDG:
I'm pretty sure if you dedicate church hours to studying/working, you'll be more successful smiley
Imagine if the various 10% tithes that a church receives were diverted toward helping the community...would anyone still be poor?...it's that same money that fuels the private jets of pastors and their mega-churches...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Serve God by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
davien:
Imagine if the various 10% tithes that a church receives were diverted toward helping the community...would anyone still be poor?...it's that same money that fuels the private jets of pastors and their mega-churches...

Don't be ridiculous! Who cares about the poor when Oyakhilome needs a private jet!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Serve God by mabeni(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
wordcat:

Young man, why discouraging me?bside, i dont think ur a christian.
Re: I Want To Serve God by wordcat(m): 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
mabeni:
Young man, why discouraging me?bside, i dont think ur a christian.

I'm trying to let know how mean our God is.

If our God can let Eli and his household be wiped out in a day because of his children's disobedience and not minding the fact Eli was His Great servant
Re: I Want To Serve God by bingbagbo(m): 3:09am On Mar 17, 2015
wordcat:

I'm trying to let know how mean our God is.

If our God can let Eli and his household be wiped out in a day because of his children's disobedience and not minding the fact Eli was His Great servant

GET BEHIND HIM SATAN!!! IN JESUS NAME I RESIST YOU

1 Like

Re: I Want To Serve God by torchwave: 3:54am On Mar 17, 2015
Op, there should be an explanation to your lack of zeal in the things of God. Whatever it is, the onus is on you to tackle it. I don't believe it is a spiritual matter that needs prayers but you can ask God to rekindle your zeal to serve Him.

As for scoffers, ignore them. That is the only way to relate with them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Way To Eternal Life According To Jesus / A Message To Atheists And God Mockers / Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.