Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

My Fear For Yar’adua, By Pastor Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Fear For Yar’adua, By Pastor Tunde Bakare (2941 Views)

Blame Obasanjo For Yar’adua, Jonathan’s Failure — Bakare / Senate Rejects Nobel Prize Nomination For Yar’adua / Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fear For Yar’adua, By Pastor Tunde Bakare by denuda: 6:51pm On May 23, 2008
The Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly (LRA), Pastor Tunde Bakare has urged Nigerians to remain prayerful for President Umaru Yar’Adua so that his health may not fail completely.

In an interview with Daily Sun in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Bakare said such an ugly development would create a constitutional crisis for the country as forces around power would not let the vice president step into his shoes.

“Mark my words, Nigeria is at the verge of constitutional crisis. Currently, President Yar’Adua’s health is not in good shape. If we are not prayerful and God does not intervene, if the unthinkable happens, there will be crisis because the forces around power will not let the vice president step into his shoes. Quote me. If they inaugurate him in the morning, he will be out in the evening. It will be that quick. That’s the challenge we are facing now. I pray God restores Yar’Adua’s health.”

Asked to assess the president in the past one year, Bakare said: “Let me tell you for the first time in my life and in the history of this nation, President Yar’Adua is the first I called my president in public. In the days of military rule, I have been trying in my own little way to see a better Nigeria.
“I am not a blind patriot, neither am I partisan in my comment. All I have seen happen in the past one year is like we had a drunk driver before, who put the drive forward. And here comes Yar’Adua who puts it in reverse gear for the past one year to reverse the excesses of the past administration. What I have seen is one step forward, two steps backward. We are not moving forward.

“The reckless and ridiculous election conducted by Obasanjo produced a more or less incapacitated president whose hands are tied because of what looks like a stolen mandate. Both the man who steals and who receives are guilty under the law. I don’t overlook all the excesses. Yet, I call him my president because of his humility and approach to power. He is not behaving like a drunk driver that we had before him. I pray God restores his health.”

On why he always attacked former president, Olusegun Obasanjo despite that he hails from the same town with him, Bakare said: “I am not a politician, but that does not mean that I’m apolitical. I know what I am called to do. I still believe that in my own time, I will see a new Nigeria arise.”
The fiery pastor described as national shame the proposed importation of rice and other grains into the country to check the food crisis by the Federal Government.

Bakare said: “Isn’t that a shame? It might be a temporary solution, but definitely not a permanent one. For every society, where there will a predictable progress, there must be noticeable pillars which include the founders of such a nation, the freedom fighters and the prophetic ones who speak as God directs. So, tyrants fear them because they are men anointed by God to bring order to the society. But if the vision and mission of a nation is not followed, God will raise another leader.”
The cleric who said Nigeria had misplaced her priority asked: “When there was no oil, did we import food? When we had groundnut pyramid in the North, cocoa in the West, palm kernel in the East and parts of the Mid West, we did not import food.”

He recalled how he met an Israeli who prayed him to give him 500 hectares of land in Makurdi alone and boasted that he would feed the whole country. “It is a big and national shame for our leaders. Malaysia which came to pick our oil palm seeds is now the world biggest exporter of palm oil, making more than what we make from oil.

The airport in Malaysia is 10 times the Murtala Muhammed Airport, yet they came to pick their source of power from our soil. We have misplaced our priority. Should agricultural emphasis of this country be private as we have now? Should that not be an agenda of the government? Can’t we use the strength of our youths that are being wasted?”
Bakare also canvassed deployment of members of the National Youths Service Corps for large scale mechanized farming. “To me, importation of food is a temporary thing; it can’t solve the food problems of this country.

“I hope the country is not drifting towards the 1970s when we imported all kinds of things into our country including canned beer. I hope it will not be a repeat history of what happened during the late General Murtala Muhammed regime.
“A nation that can’t feed her people will remain slave to those which can feed them. The difference between a politician and a statesman is that the latter thinks of future generation while politicians only think of next election.”

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: My Fear For Yar’adua, By Pastor Tunde Bakare by savanaha: 4:26am On May 24, 2008
Why not pray also that the robbers stop stealing Nigerian money rather than the Yardua man who went to swallow more than his throat can hold. The regular greed which persists in Nigerian politicians.
Re: My Fear For Yar’adua, By Pastor Tunde Bakare by Rlst84sale(m): 9:57am On May 24, 2008
Well said, however I don't really support the government investing in business of any form that should be handled by private sector. The role of the government is to make law and enforce it when it is violated, in line with the constitution, protect the right of the citizens, maintain peace and order, and defend the citizens from both foreign and domestic attacks.
Re: My Fear For Yar’adua, By Pastor Tunde Bakare by 1luvkipsus: 1:08pm On May 24, 2008
Noise maker!!
Re: My Fear For Yar’adua, By Pastor Tunde Bakare by otokx(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2008
the man said we are going backwards in real terms and he is very right.
Re: My Fear For Yar’adua, By Pastor Tunde Bakare by chidichris(m): 10:00am On May 28, 2008
a step forward, two steps backward and i say yes to that.
look at the state of our roads and go back to years before and compare. look at the security system. look at power supply. then look at the level of corruption.
we are really not moving forward.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Failing State:british All Party Parliamentary Group Report / Now That A New State Has Been Approved For D South East Zone,what Next? / If Benin-ore Road That Was Nigeria's Stubborn Generational Curse Can Be Smooth..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.