Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? (24746 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by kasheemawo(m): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2013
I came up with this question because of rampant cases of raping among pastors.i think polygamy system of marriage wil help to minimize this ugly act among pastors if it is considered by Christians
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by timilehin007(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2013
Tank God I came first..I dedicate dz to my lovely babe. Funmilola....lol

In Matt. 19:4 we are told by Jesus that God
created one “male and [one] female” and joined
them in marriage. Mark 10:6-8:"But from the
beginning of the creation, God 'made them male
and female.' 'For this reason a man shall leave his
father and mother and be joined to his wife, 'and
the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are
no longer two, but one flesh.
The two as one is the pattern on how marriage
was to be conducted from the start. NOT three or
four as one.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by kasheemawo(m): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2013
timilehin007: Tank God I came first..I dedicate dz to my lovely babe. Funmilola....lol

four as one.
apart from Jesus;who among the prophets that married one wife? Eg Abraham,Jacob,Solomon etc married more than one wife. do u now mean they were all wrong before God?

1 Like

Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by timilehin007(m): 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
kasheemawo: apart from Jesus;who among the prophets that married one wife? Eg Abraham,Jacob,Solomon etc married more than one wife. do u now mean they were all wrong before God?
. I didn't even say Jesus. And my own belief is that u shud marry as much as u could cater for without being bias...but going by the scripture the best is to marry one wife God only took a bone from Adam's rib nd make ONE wife for him with it. He didn't make too.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
One woman = you live till 90
Two women = you live till 70
Three women = you live till 60
Four women = you live till 40

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
frosbel: One woman = you live till 90

smiley
??
@ op. This is the bone of my bones and the flesh of my flesh adam said. He didnt say 'this is one of the bones of my bones and one of the fleshs of my flesh'

1 Like

Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by kasheemawo(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
Chibuebem: ??
@ op. This is the bone of my bones and the flesh of my flesh adam said. He didnt say 'this is one of the bones of my bones and one of the fleshs of my flesh'
did bible say DO NOT MARRY TWO WIVES,the issue of flesh flesh mentioned above Makes no sense to d issue.in reality one woman can not satisfy one man
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
kasheemawo: did bible say DO NOT MARRY TWO WIVES,the issue of flesh flesh mentioned above Makes no sense to d issue.in reality one woman can not satisfy one man
one woman cannot satisfy one man?!!!! Go to your nearest neighbour who just celebrated a 20 year wedding anniversary and ask if hes satisfied. Nawa o! Wonders shall never end. Dont try to twist the bible just to satisfy your ambition.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by timilehin007(m): 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2013
kasheemawo: did bible say DO NOT MARRY TWO WIVES,the issue of flesh flesh mentioned above Makes no sense to d issue.in reality one woman can not satisfy one man
. That means u are just being greedy, so does that mean u are marrying 5wives. How can u just concluded by saying one woman can't satisfy one man, everybody is not as greedy as u bro' speak for urself alone. I love my wife and nobody I mean nobody is gonna come as 2nd best to her...
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by tpia5: 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
Who is the married man being bamboozled again nah?

You people never tire with your fornication and scamming spirit.

Stop spamming the forum abeg.

Only God knows who the maga is this time, just wrecking your life because of greed and a woman's vagina.

And when one considers the nastiness of some of these women sef, one wonders why do i even bother.

Let everybody face their life.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by F00028: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2013

smiley
I'll take option no. 3 please cool

who wants to live to be 90 anyway?
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by mahdino: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2013
kasheemawo: I came up with this question because of rampant cases of raping among pastors.i think polygamy system of marriage wil help to minimize this ugly act among pastors if it is considered by Christians
May God bless u this is a good thread in fact it will not only help the pastors it will help the whole world. The surplous women, your sisters and cousins will all get legitmate husbands than bed mates

1 Like

Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Arosa(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2013
F00028:

who wants to live to be 90 anyway?

I do.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Kingharzyz(m): 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2013

smiley
the op request for a biblical proof someone should give one
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
King harzyz: the op request for a biblical proof someone should give one

Disclaimer : I am a one MAN one WOMAN believer.

Why would a MAN want more than one wife ?
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Kingharzyz(m): 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
frosbel:

Disclaimer : I am a one MAN one WOMAN believer.

Why would a MAN want more than one wife ?

proof from bible please....
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
King harzyz: proof from bible please....

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?" - Matthew 19:4-5
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Emusan(m): 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
King harzyz: proof from bible please....

Titus 1:6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. KJV
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by timothycel(m): 12:01am On Jul 21, 2013
Jesus talks about divorce. That under the law of Moses (The Old Covenant) man was allowed to divorce his wife due to the hardness of mens hearts. This was not Gods initial intention though it was permissible under the law of Moses but then Jesus abolished Divorce because it was unjust.

It is also Gods intention that man should be with 1 wife as per Matt 19 just as it was in the beginning.

Jesus being the sacrifice for the New Covenant was given power to; and has set certain terms and abolished certain things which were permissible under the Old Covenant.

There is a list of things that has been abolished from the Old to New Covenant.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Brimmie(m): 1:37am On Jul 21, 2013
So Jesus Wasn't Opportuned To Taste A Well Shaved Fish!!? Too Bad!! sad
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by fabulous01(m): 3:19pm On May 02, 2017
hi
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by delishpot: 3:27pm On May 02, 2017
World dey find how to progress Nigerisn youths dey find how to marry more wives and have more sex.

Well, it goes to prove what some people belive is the black mans passion

Sex
Dance
Sports
Music.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by walemetro: 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
timilehin007:
Tank God I came first..I dedicate dz to my lovely babe. Funmilola....lol

four as one.

the one man he created did not only have eve ooooooooo
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by timilehin007(m): 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2017
walemetro:

the one man he created did not only have eve ooooooooo

Ehnnnnnn please tell me what I don't know
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by Maymac(m): 10:22am On Nov 28, 2017
Deuteronomy 17:17
And he shall not acquire many wives for himself, lest his heart turn away, nor shall he acquire for himself excessive silver and gold.

1 Timothy 3:2 ESV
Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

1 Corinthians 7:2 ESV
But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Exodus 21:10 ESV
If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights.

1 Kings 11:3 ESV
He had 700 wives, princesses, and 300 concubines. And his wives turned away his heart.

Luke 16:18 ESV
“Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

Deuteronomy 21:15-17 ESV
“If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him children, and if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved, then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the firstborn in preference to the son of the unloved, who is the firstborn, but he shall acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the firstfruits of his strength. The right of the firstborn is his.

1 Timothy 3:12 ESV
Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well.

Matthew 5:32 ESV
But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by analize701: 1:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
kasheemawo:
apart from Jesus;who among the prophets that married one wife? Eg Abraham,Jacob,Solomon etc married more than one wife. do u now mean they were all wrong before God?
Abraham married one wife, Sarah. When she died, he remarried a woman called Keturah and had 4 children with her.

Abraham never married 2 wives at a time.

And, Abraham never married Hagar. She was only used as a Surrogate. Sarah presented her to her husband to carry her husbands seed. She had no right where to the child or the man who got her pregnant.

Abraham never desired and went for her.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by analize701: 1:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
kasheemawo:
If you were sincere, you'd tell the truth as to why Jacob ended with 2 Sisters.
Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by analize701: 1:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
kasheemawo:
Wait, these people you mentioned, non of them was a prophet.

Pls tell us how many wife Isaiah, Jeremiah, Amos, Daniel, Ezekiel, Zachariah, Obadiah, Zephaniah and Malachi married then we can talk.

1 Like

Re: Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? by analize701: 1:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
timilehin007:

Ehnnnnnn please tell me what I don't know
You just want to justify your prophets perversion. But you are not like him, Dude was possessed with sex demons.

(1) (Reply)

Janet Olukoya Is Dead! Daniel Olukoya's Mother Dies / We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It / Who Told You That You Were Naked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.