Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! (2432 Views)

First Lady: GMB’s Wife Deceiving Nigerian Women / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
Why are Nigerian women silent even as a few men scheme to ensure that the future of female children in the Northern part of the country is sacrificed on the altar of their barbaric lustful desires??

Why aren't they protesting and vehemently opposing such satanic development??

I say shame on ALL Nigerian women who have chosen to maintain a loud criminal silence even at this time!!!!

18 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Omen100(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
Its just so painful.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by luvmijeje(f): 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
A bigger shame to all Nigerian men who are silently supporting this.

6 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Onyegecha(f): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
I agree with you. Nigerian women need to wake up but in this circumstance, we cannot cry more than the bereaved. The northern women must lead the war before others join them. If they are enjoying their religious bondage, we cannot do anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by adino(m): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
It is a shame, a big shame to Nigerian women
Where are the female right groups, useless activists, mouth running soyinka, loud mouted falana, hypocritical ode odumakin and other ghana must go and black market activists. This is their battle and not P.E.J, the female folks are waiting for men to fight their battle and this is not the first time they are silent on pressing issues.

Note: Never knew garri can ever make a non- hating post, though he remains a hypocrite, LOL.

5 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
I just dont know how to explain this to my Non-Nigerian friends. Even Burkina-Faso and Zimabawean ppl dey yab Nigeria and Nollywood the other day.

I can't defend the indefensible

I can't find anything good to say about Nigeria again.

Wait....we get fashion......thasall
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by DerideGull(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
Most of our mothers were married at tender ages but were not put to bed. I guess this will force the local feminist champions to hurriedly look for husband. I know Nigeria has no plan-B.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by luvmijeje(f): 7:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Onyegecha: I agree with you. Nigerian women need to wake up but in this circumstance, we cannot cry more than the bereaved. The northern women must lead the war before others join them. If they are enjoying their religious bondage, we cannot do anything about it.
This is a constitutional change that is going to affect every Nigerian girl not just the nothern girls. So we can't afford to keep quiet.

6 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
luvmijeje: A bigger shame to all Nigerian men who are silently supporting this.

Did you say a bigger shame to men??

You are a disgrace if you truly are a woman!

Shame on you!!

9 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by nduchucks: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
While I find pedophilia despicable, I am not so sure that the said constitutional amendment promotes pedophilia. It is still criminal to sexually abuse girls or boys for that matter, in Nigeria. The said provision as many of our constitutional provisions, is simply a carbon copy of what obtains in the USA i.e. Parental consent is required in order to marry a "under aged" lady.

Today, you can do that in Nigeria without the consent of anyone, because current laws do not require this consent. I submit to you that if passed into law, it will be a better law than what we currently have. You people are overreacting.

Girls under 18 have been given away in marriage in Nigeria for the past 100 years. So ogini ne big deal?

I believe that people are already working on a clause which defines a child as anyone below the teen age and which stipulates that children cannot be given away in marriage under any condition.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by adino(m): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
luvmijeje: A bigger shame to all Nigerian men who are silently supporting this.

The lives of your daughters is at stake you are here shifting blame, shame on you I pity you

6 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
Exactly.the northern women seem to be enjoying their servitude,slavish life style,ignorance,illiteracy,poverty etc.no one can help a person that is not ready to help herself first
Onyegecha: I agree with you. Nigerian women need to wake up but in this circumstance, we cannot cry more than the bereaved. The northern women must lead the war before others join them. If they are enjoying their religious bondage, we cannot do anything about it.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
ndu_chucks: While I find pedophilia despicable, I am not so sure that the said constitutional amendment promotes pedophilia. It is still criminal to sexually abuse girls or boys for that matter, in Nigeria. The said provision as many of our constitutional provisions, is simply a carbon copy of what obtains in the USA i.e. Parental consent is required in order to marry a "under aged" lady.

Today, you can do that in Nigeria without the consent of anyone, because current laws do not require this consent. I submit to you that if passed into law, it will be a better law than what we currently have. You people are overreacting.

Girls under 18 have been given away in marriage in Nigeria for the past 100 years. So ogini ne big deal?

I believe that people are already working on a clause which defines a child as anyone below the teen age and which stipulates that children cannot be given away in marriage under any condition.

The bolded shows you're a backward fellow who'll rather remain in a messy spot while others make progress towards civilization.

I pity you.

cool

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by greatgod2012(f): 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Dont we have women among the senators, why didnt they protest against it there and then Shame to them all for keeping quiet on this type of very sensitive issue.

I agree that im a woman, and im even ashamed to introduce myself as a Nigeria mother because of this issue, but im i not handicapped What can i do alone, but i believe that some activists are still going to protest against it and i will gladly support or join any group that will protest against this gross madness/wickedness/evil.
May God help me.

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by nduchucks: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

The bolded shows you're a backward fellow who'll rather remain in a messy spot while others make progress towards civilization.

I pity you.

cool

You are being unnecessarily emotional while ignoring what I wrote. Stop being lazy!!

As someone stated earlier, most of our mothers were married at tender ages but were not put to bed. I'll add that parental consent was not legally required when they got married. The new constitutional provision is actually an improvement on what obtains today.

What you should be more concerned about are Pedophilia, child sex slavery, and other horrendous crimes which still go unpunished, for the most part, in Nigeria.

It is quite interesting that a fellow whose handle is "Garri the 1st" has the gumption to refer to anyone as backward. Your name calling does not make your position more reasonable. P.S. If you are impolite to me again, I will curse you out in at least 2 languages.

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by luvmijeje(f): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
*Ignores the fool* The point I'm trying to make is that this struggle is not for the women alone. We also need good men which I know most Nigeria men are, to join us in this fight.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Acidosis(m): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Did you say a bigger shame to men??

You are a disgrace if you truly are a woman!

Shame on you!!

Shut up Mr Garri...

What do you expect her to do??

Shame on ALL Nigerian MEN...
I say it loud and clear...and there is nothing you can do about it..

Shame on Edo MEN for voting in a pedophilia senator

SHAME on all the the senators who didnt show interest by voting against these animalistic goats in white agbada,,

SHAME on ALL Northern MEN...

SHAME on ALL Nigerian MEN
SHAME ON YOU ALL...

I SAY SHAME ON YOU OOOOOO, Mr GARRIII

5 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by donlawrenzo(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
Later they will say they want gender equality. If it is to open you big mouths to shout at your husbands you will do it with all your muscles. Abegi make I follow talk shame jare... Shameeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by donlawrenzo(m): 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
Later they will say they want gender equality. If it is to open your big mouths to shout at your husbands you will do it with all your muscles. Abegi make I follow talk shame jare... Shameeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Acidosis:

Shut up Mr Garri...

What do you expect her to do??

I say it loud and clear...and there is nothing you can do about it..

Shame on Edo MEN for voting in a pedophilia senator

SHAME on all the the senators who didnt show interest by voting against these animalistic goats in white agbada,,

SHAME on ALL Northern MEN...

SHAME on ALL Nigerian MEN
SHAME ON YOU ALL...

I SAY SHAME ON YOU OOOOOO, Mr GARRIII

A bigger fool appears on the scene.

cheesy cheesy

Did you see where I called all those who voted foor this law Ba5tards which of course they really are??

Quit being a dunce!!!

The men who populate the senate have failed woefully by passing a bill that will adversely affect the womenfolk. They're expected to rise up against such.

I remember how on different occasions they bared their flaccid b00b5 over less sensitive issues. I expect a far stronger reaction from the womenfolk than I'm seeing.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
donlawrenzo: Later they will say they want gender equality. If it is to open your big mouths to shout at your husbands you will do it with all your muscles. Abegi make I follow talk shame jare... Shameeeeeeeee

I agree with the bolded!! I expect Nigerian women not to sit back and wait for male folks to act. They should take the lead as far as this fight is concerned!! If women can't understand the trauma their daughters will be put through I wonder who will...

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
Women can protest and bare their b00bs over issues that relate to politics yet they'll remain silent and wait for men to fight for them when a law that seeks to enslave their daughters is passed.

I say shame to all such women!!!!!

cool

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
Women activists are not just sitting but in a situation where the groups of people you want to deliver from the madness say that is their culture and way of life,what can activists do or in a situation where the paedophile splashes millions of naira to the poor girls parent who are obviously poor,they will tell the activists to mind their buisness,no be we get our pikin.wetin concern you for the matter.forget anything.many nigerians will rather priotize money than go for the ideal,so its a really complex matter to handle and of course the paedophiles will back their animalistic behaviour with sharia law which gives them more institutional backing to marry underaged girls besides this child marriage has been going on underneath for a long time,it has just not been pronounced at it is now,it is even creeping gradually in lagos.all those abokis that are rug/carpet sellers will marry under aged girls and restrict them to stay at home because if they allow them to go out people will talk and all.however when they live in sabo,they allow them to go out because they are all birds of the same feather.you will see 12 year olds or 13 who is supposed to be in school hawking donkwa,kunu etc with a baby strapped to her back.so don't think women groups are quiet about it
greatgod2012: Dont we have women among the senators, why didnt they protest against it there and then Shame to them all for keeping quiet on this type of very sensitive issue.

I agree that im a woman, and im even ashamed to introduce myself as a Nigeria mother because of this issue, but im i not handicapped What can i do alone, but i believe that some activists are still going to protest against it and i will gladly support or join any group that will protest against this gross madness/wickedness/evil.
May God help me.

Moreover yorubas say the chicken sweats too but the feathers will not make people notice its sweating
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
Women are not waiting for men to fight for them but this thing caught everyone unawares.but in a situation where a father and mother willingly sell their underaged daughters for money,what will women activists do.they will say it is their daughter and we are not complaining to you
Garri the 1st: Women can protest and bare their b00bs over issues that relate to politics yet they'll remain silent and wait for men to fight for them when a law that seeks to enslave their daughters is passed.

I say shame to all such women!!!!!

cool
so slow down on the judging
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
kulyie: Women are not waiting for men to fight for them but this thing caught everyone unawares.but in a situation where a father and mother willingly sell their underaged daughters for money,what will women activists do.they will say it is their daughter and we are not complaining to you so slow down on the judging

The bolded should be illegal and any who contravene should be severely punished.

2 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Still wondering what would happen the day men folks decides to go all naked during a protest. Joysticks dangling and flapping up and down. At topic, I really don't like what our senators did.

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Horus(m): 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
MORE THAN 60 PER CENT OF WOMEN WERE MARRIED BEFORE THEY REACHED THE AGE OF 18 IN FIVE COUNTRIES OF SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA AND IN BANGLADESH

Percentage of women aged 20–24 who were married or in union before age 18 (1987–2006)

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
Under the guise of marriage
Garri the 1st:

The bolded should be illegal and any who contravene should be severely punished.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
Too many things are wrong with nigeria that its not only gender equality that can solve it.all this with money allk things are possible attitudes as opposed to merit,ethics and ideals is what we should adress first then all this barbaric and abnormal behaviours and laws will reduce.it starts from me,it starts from you.just take a look at how nairalanders treat and talk to victims of rapequote author=donlawrenzo]Later they will say they want gender equality. If it is to open your big mouths to shout at your husbands you will do it with all your muscles. Abegi make I follow talk shame jare... Shameeeeeeeee[/quote]

Such a big shame to us all
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Pataki: 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
The current Nigeria we have is a lawless nation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Opportunity Cost Of Tompolo's Private Jet / Anambra Guber Polls: Who Shall We Send? Who Shall Go For Us? / Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.