Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! (2438 Views)

First Lady: GMB’s Wife Deceiving Nigerian Women / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Freewilly(f): 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
This kind of barbaric act is not common in Eastern Nigeria so why should we be protesting. We have our own issues to worry about in the east.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Katsumoto: 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
Its a shame to be shared by all Nigerians, and not just women.

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by tellwisdom: 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
No mind them...na money and nkwobi dem sabi chop....shame on them my brother sad
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
Garri the 1st: Why are Nigerian women silent even as a few men scheme to ensure that the future of female children in the Northern part of the country is sacrificed on the altar of their barbaric lustful desires??

Why aren't they protesting and vehemently opposing such satanic development??

I say shame on ALL Nigerian women who have chosen to maintain a loud criminal silence even at this time!!!!

seconded bro !

Where are all the so called human right activist groups/ bodies

Giving female kids up @ their early ages for those un-circumcised he goats.

.....@times I'm left wondering why they've got a healthy quest for virgins, to the point they were promised of virgins in heaven.

.......One would have thought this promise would make them less concerned on earthly virgins, but NO , they want them all grin
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Katsumoto: 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
ndu_chucks: While I find pedophilia despicable, I am not so sure that the said constitutional amendment promotes pedophilia. It is still criminal to sexually abuse girls or boys for that matter, in Nigeria. The said provision as many of our constitutional provisions, is simply a carbon copy of what obtains in the USA i.e. Parental consent is required in order to marry a "under aged" lady.

Today, you can do that in Nigeria without the consent of anyone, because current laws do not require this consent. I submit to you that if passed into law, it will be a better law than what we currently have. You people are overreacting.

Girls under 18 have been given away in marriage in Nigeria for the past 100 years. So ogini ne big deal?

I believe that people are already working on a clause which defines a child as anyone below the teen age and which stipulates that children cannot be given away in marriage under any condition.

Your comments are quite disappointing. You don't always have to defend certain actions just because they are actions of your Northern brothers. Attempting to compare the law in the US with the law in Nigeria is naive at best and disingenuous at worst. First, laws are better enforced in the US. Second, poverty doesn't force parents to sell their children to paedophiles. Whilst many US states permit parents to give consent, it is usually for those over the age of 16 and with someone who is equally under the age of consent, otherwise, it may result in statutory rape. What is the age of consent in Nigeria and was Yerima, (apply to other Nigerian paedophiles) under that age of consent when he married his pre-teen wife?

16 - 18 year old girls may be physically ready to have children but are usually psychologically not ready for childbirth. Girls under 15 are unready both physically and psychologically for childbirth. That is why VVF is common in the Northern part of Nigeria. What kind of life is it for a gal to have had 2/3 children and divorced/separated before the age of 18?
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Freewilly: This kind of barbaric act is not common in Eastern Nigeria so why should we be protesting. We have our own issues to worry about in the east.

Are u high on pawpaw leafs
Which East are u talking of
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by bgirl: 2:34am On Jul 20, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Did you say a bigger shame to men??

You are a disgrace if you truly are a woman!

Shame on you!!

You are stupid! A shame to all Nigerians: Women and men alike! The child that will be given out to these pedophiles have both Mother and Father. We are all affected. Not just Women should fight. We should all come together to fight this. Stop dividing us. You are unbelievably ignorant. This is EVERYONES battle.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by bgirl: 2:39am On Jul 20, 2013
Freewilly: This kind of barbaric act is not common in Eastern Nigeria so why should we be protesting. We have our own issues to worry about in the east.

Please tell us what you have done. What have you done to stop this. Please think before you open your ignorant mouth. Have you started a foundation. Tried to organize a demonstration? Please tell me what you have done. This fight is for everyone. We like to divide each other, man versus women, muslim versus christian, north versus south. That is why we never make any progress. If you have nothing constructive to say or do, kindly shut up!
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by bgirl: 2:40am On Jul 20, 2013
Garri the 1st: Why are Nigerian women silent even as a few men scheme to ensure that the future of female children in the Northern part of the country is sacrificed on the altar of their barbaric lustful desires??

I say shame on ALL Nigerian women who have chosen to maintain a loud criminal silence even at this time!!!!

Please tell us what you have done. What have you done to stop this. Please think before you open your ignorant mouth. Have you started a foundation. Tried to organize a demonstration? Please tell me what you have done. This fight is for everyone. We like to divide each other, man versus women, muslim versus christian, north versus south. That is why we never make any progress. If you have nothing constructive to say or do, kindly shut up!
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by bgirl: 2:41am On Jul 20, 2013
bgirl:

Sorry, I responded to the wrong post.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by goldfish80(m): 3:59am On Jul 20, 2013
Johnathan should do the right thing for once, and refuse to sign this bill to law.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by dabrake(m): 4:09am On Jul 20, 2013
Acidosis:

Shut up Mr Garri...

What do you expect her to do??

Shame on ALL Nigerian MEN...
I say it loud and clear...and there is nothing you can do about it..

Shame on Edo MEN for voting in a pedophilia senator

SHAME on all the the senators who didnt show interest by voting against these animalistic goats in white agbada,,

SHAME on ALL Northern MEN...

SHAME on ALL Nigerian MEN
SHAME ON YOU ALL...

I SAY SHAME ON YOU OOOOOO, Mr GARRIII
I will have to disagree with you. This is a very dirty conclusion on all men. You forgot so soon that men also voted against this. Is it our fault that some iddiooots under the religion of the reetaarded were the majority during voting process?
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 4:19am On Jul 20, 2013
bgirl:

You are stupid! A shame to all Nigerians: Women and men alike! The child that will be given out to these pedophiles have both Mother and Father. We are all affected. Not just Women should fight. We should all come together to fight this. Stop dividing us. You are unbelievably ignorant. This is EVERYONES battle.

You are the reason why people say women have fish brain!!!!

Are you aware that men dominate the senate and they're the ones who voted for your daughters to be legally fvcked even when they're still kids??

And you sit your ass down waiting for those same men to take the lead in this fight....abi??
You're truly a dullard!!

While women alone cannot fight this battle, I still insist that they MUST be in the forefront!! Their voices must ring from the roof tops and their cries must be heard earth-wide.

When the life, future and happiness of her child is endangered no sensible mother sits and wait for the men to take the lead, her response is instinctive and decisive!!!

Now like I told the other fish-brained mgbeke, carefully step aside lest ur little brain gets pulverized!!!

cool
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by luvmijeje(f): 6:56am On Jul 20, 2013
Katsumoto:

Your comments are quite disappointing. You don't always have to defend certain actions just because they are actions of your Northern brothers. Attempting to compare the law in the US with the law in Nigeria is naive at best and disingenuous at worst. First, laws are better enforced in the US. Second, poverty doesn't force parents to sell their children to paedophiles. Whilst many US states permit parents to give consent, it is usually for those over the age of 16 and with someone who is equally under the age of consent, otherwise, it may result in statutory rape. What is the age of consent in Nigeria and was Yerima, (apply to other Nigerian paedophiles) under that age of consent when he married his pre-teen wife?

16 - 18 year old girls may be physically ready to have children but are usually psychologically not ready for childbirth. Girls under 15 are unready both physically and psychologically for childbirth. That is why VVF is common in the Northern part of Nigeria. What kind of life is it for a gal to have had 2/3 children and divorced/separated before the age of 18?

God bless you! We need more people that reason like this. The Nigerian girls need to be a girl and not forced into being a woman. They all need education, not footstool for paedophiles old fools. *still ignoring the fool*
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by bgirl: 7:44am On Jul 20, 2013
Garri the 1st:

You are the reason why people say women have fish brain!!!!

Are you aware that men dominate the senate and they're the ones who voted for your daughters to be legally fvcked even when they're still kids??

And you sit your ass down waiting for those same men to take the lead in this fight....abi??
You're truly a dullard!!

While women alone cannot fight this battle, I still insist that they MUST be in the forefront!! Their voices must ring from the roof tops and their cries must be heard earth-wide.

When the life, future and happiness of her child is endangered no sensible mother sits and wait for the men to take the lead, her response is instinctive and decisive!!!

Now like I told the other fish-brained mgbeke, carefully step aside lest ur little brain gets pulverized!!!

cool

You are a complete and total slowpoke. In every well balanced household, the father is protective of his daughters. I don't blame you for thinking this is a mother's battle, perhaps your father didn't love you. Perhaps you only knew your mother's love that is why you think only Mothers should be affected. Some of us grew up in a balanced home with affection from both parents. When the child suffers both parents suffer. This is a battle for both men and women. If this fight is for women, why are you carrying it on your head. Coming on nairaland to shout shame on Women meanwhile you haven't done a damn thing. So when they give your daughter to an old man to marry you will say it is because her mother didn't fight. Please seat your tired ass down somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by mcfynest(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Did you say a bigger shame to men??

You are a disgrace if you truly are a woman!

Shame on you!!

you chicks are slaying oneanother.....now note.....the question should be directed this way, why do nigerian ladies think they are SECOND BEST after a male? why? is it a must you look for a guy that has a car why cant you buy yours?

ooooo booy 9ja babes gas to wake up

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by bgirl: 8:05am On Jul 20, 2013
mcfynest:

you chicks are slaying oneanother.....now note.....the question should be directed this way, why do nigerian ladies think they are SECOND BEST after a male? why? is it a must you look for a guy that has a car why cant you buy yours?

ooooo booy 9ja babes gas to wake up

I have a degree own my own company and drive a 2012 Honda Civic. I am not second best to ANY man.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by adino(m): 8:55am On Jul 20, 2013
Acidosis:

Shut up Mr Garri...

What do you expect her to do??

I say it loud and clear...and there is nothing you can do about it..

Shame on Edo MEN for voting in a pedophilia senator

SHAME on all the the senators who didnt show interest by voting against these animalistic goats in white agbada,,

SHAME on ALL Northern MEN...

SHAME on ALL Nigerian MEN
SHAME ON YOU ALL...

I SAY SHAME ON YOU OOOOOO, Mr GARRIII

I swear that Edo man fall my hand completely. All those fools who did not vote remains the greatest culprits of all, they need to be identified and disgraced.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Goddex: 10:05am On Jul 20, 2013

@Garri the 1st
First time you post something reasonable on nairaland.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
bgirl:

You are a complete and total slowpoke. In every well balanced household, the father is protective of his daughters. I don't blame you for thinking this is a mother's battle, perhaps your father didn't love you. Perhaps you only knew your mother's love that is why you think only Mothers should be affected. Some of us grew up in a balanced home with affection from both parents. When the child suffers both parents suffer. This is a battle for both men and women. If this fight is for women, why are you carrying it on your head. Coming on nairaland to shout shame on Women meanwhile you haven't done a damn thing. So when they give your daughter to an old man to marry you will say it is because her mother didn't fight. Please seat your tired ass down somewhere.

Keep ranting, fish-brained Mgbeke!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You sit ur stretch-mark ridden A55 down and wait for the same men who voted for your daughters to be sold as 5EX-slaves to perverted old fools to come join you before you do something you hear.....OLODO!!!

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Garrithe1st: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
adino:

I swear that Edo man fall my hand completely. All those fools who did not vote remains the greatest culprits of all, they need to be identified and disgraced.

Those who voted for the passage of the barbaric laws are BA5TARDS!!!!

Those who sat on the fence are MEGA-BA5TARDS!!!

Shame on all of em'

cool

1 Like

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by mcfynest(m): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
bgirl:

I have a degree own my own company and drive a 2012 Honda Civic. I am not second best to ANY man.

thats you dear... but must ladies will alwas want to be second best.... i realy envy women like you. its your types that dont make most men confortable
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by mensdept: 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
The truth is that Muslim women in the North support it. Period. Another truth is Christian women in the Middle Belt, East and West also dont have that problem, and are not going to get involved in that when there are other things to worry about. GEJ has women in his cabinet, there are women senators and deputies all over the place, but as long as e no concern them or their daughter, then they will let the dead bury the dead. If anything, women should be lobbying for the separation from Islamic wanna bes who instead of developing like real muslims are doing in Dubai are doing what is even illegal in places like Egypt that's been practicing Islam before Dan Fodio's grandfather started to tie bedsheet on his head.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by amarilo: 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
I just dont know how to explain this to my Non-Nigerian friends. Even Burkina-Faso and Zimabawean ppl dey yab Nigeria and Nollywood the other day.

I can't defend the indefensible

I can't find anything good to say about Nigeria again.

Wait....we get fashion......thasall
Thank Adekunle for one Nigeria otherwise this law will be for Northern Nigeria or Arewa republic.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by nduchucks: 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
Katsumoto:

Your comments are quite disappointing. You don't always have to defend certain actions just because they are actions of your Northern brothers.

The conjecture above is a baseless falsity which you cannot prove. I wonder why you are now comfortable with allowing your prejudices to do you in.

Attempting to compare the law in the US with the law in Nigeria is naive at best and disingenuous at worst. First, laws are better enforced in the US. Second, poverty doesn't force parents to sell their children to paedophiles. Whilst many US states permit parents to give consent, it is usually for those over the age of 16 and with someone who is equally under the age of consent, otherwise, it may result in statutory rape. What is the age of consent in Nigeria and was Yerima, (apply to other Nigerian paedophiles) under that age of consent when he married his pre-teen wife?

Only a fool and a very irresponsible human being would support pedophilia. Again you have taken what I wrote and extended it into a ridiculous realm. Many of you people are quite ignorant about the laws of your land and do not even realize that it is impossible to obtain a marriage licence in Nigeria where the spouse is not of age. Similarly, you cannot obtain a marriage license for a second wife through any court in Nigeria.

Even if the provision you are concerned about is not included in the amended constitution, people can continue to marry multiple wives and underaged girls as long as the marriage is traditional. 99.9% of marriages to underaged children and multiple wives do not go through the court system, so why are you all outraged? Every single Oba in your region will continue to receive underaged children as wives, the Yerimas of the world will continue to marry underaged girls with or without the constitutional amendment.

You people are better off being clamoring for better education and poverty alleviation instead of protesting a toothless constitutional provision. You should be more outraged because of Girls trafficking in Edo, the Baby factories in Imo, the girls‘ hawking in Abia, prostitution by underaged girls in Abuja and elsewhere.

You are stating the obvious, no one is promoting the above.
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by ezeagu(m): 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2013

You're shameless. Instead of you to be talking about protecting YOUR future girl children, you instead laid the blame on disenfranchised women, when the blame is not on them but on the useless men who put this rubbish into law and the other millions of useless men who allowed this in a country that is overwhelmingly dominated by men and their desires. How many senators are women? Next time think before making stupid threads.

2 Likes

Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by bgirl: 12:51am On Jul 21, 2013
ezeagu:

You're shameless. Instead of you to be talking about protecting YOUR future girl children, you instead laid the blame on disenfranchised women, when the blame is not on them but on the useless men who put this rubbish into law and the other millions of useless men who allowed this in a country that is overwhelmingly dominated by men and their desires. How many senators are women? Next time think before making stupid threads.

Dont mind the ignorant slowpoke. Instead of us uniting in a fight to protect our children he is coming on nairaland to spew his rubbish. Today, men and women, muslim and christian, young and old came out to sign the petition, they are united in speaking out against this injustice and this fool is coming on nairaland to shout: "shame on women". Have a seat, fool!
Re: Shame On ALL Nigerian Women!!!! by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 21, 2013
luvmijeje: A bigger shame to all Nigerian men who are silently supporting this.
I never need will never support it. It's the Islamist that ae in support

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Jonathan Cuts National Cake In Israel! -Photos / Keke Napep Driver Fighting Nude With Vio (vehicle Inspection Officer) / Drama As Jonathan Obasanjo, Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.