Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Under 17 Players To Pay For Their Expenses In Calabar Camp As Well As For Mri - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Under 17 Players To Pay For Their Expenses In Calabar Camp As Well As For Mri (844 Views)

3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans / 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test / 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under 17 Players To Pay For Their Expenses In Calabar Camp As Well As For Mri by Ikenna94: 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
Manu Garba has selected 30 players from his two week long screening held in Abuja, and they are expected to travel to Calabar for the final leg of screening ahead of the Under 17 World Cup billed to be staged in the United Arab Emirates beginning from October.
However, the lucky players are expected to pay for their accomodation and feeding plus transportation while in Calabar
In addition, the selected players are also required to perform the MRI test from their pocket.
An agent whose player got selected toldallnig eriasoccer.com: ''I am not sure the coaches are serious. These areyoung schoolboys, most of them from poor background, how do u expect them to lodge, feed and transport themselves to training for one month in a strange land like Calabar.''
''This screening to me is an exercise in futility. I think the coaches already know what and who they want plus this their latest condition is more like a wayof dropping players in disguise and opening the door for the highest bidder.
''I tell you our football won't growlike this. Under age players being requested to camp, feed and transport themselves while with the national team that's nonsense.
''I am taking my boy back to his club, playing for the Nigeria Under17 team is not a do or die affair,'' he fumed. Www.allnigeriasoccer.com

1 Like

Re: Under 17 Players To Pay For Their Expenses In Calabar Camp As Well As For Mri by donem: 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
lol! thats ridiculous.
Re: Under 17 Players To Pay For Their Expenses In Calabar Camp As Well As For Mri by AbuMikey(m): 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Too Bad!
Re: Under 17 Players To Pay For Their Expenses In Calabar Camp As Well As For Mri by Chanchit: 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Nigeria is a disgrace to league of countries. Are this boys going to represent themselfs or a country. That is why I was very happy when we crashed out of d U-20, cos they always find a way of dropping the talented ones for d ones that are ready to pay their way in. Then we the gullible citizens would sit in front of d Tv, shouting our heads out, some even end up with heart attack, God forbid bad thing, I can't pity any Nigerian team again in my life. Greedy people.

1 Like

Re: Under 17 Players To Pay For Their Expenses In Calabar Camp As Well As For Mri by Ikenna94: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2013
hmm, i wonder why nigeria is so bad and corrupt
Re: Under 17 Players To Pay For Their Expenses In Calabar Camp As Well As For Mri by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
Please keep your boy in the camp. Try, if he doesn't get selected, you can take him back. I understand your pain. I wonder why Oliseh and Taribo are more interested in Keshi calling Osaze and Yobo when they can help fight the corruption in under age football in the country.

This is why Alaba of Bayern doesn't play for Nigeria but Austria. He was rejected at the U17 level.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Players To Grace The Under -17 World Cup / Great Players Who Never Won The Ballon D’or / Leo-messi-s-wonder-goal-against-getafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.