Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 (6139 Views)

Biafra Agitation: Arewa Youths Write ACF, NEF / Arewa Youths Back PDP Claim On Buhari’s Health- Leadership / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by marel1: 6:30am On Jul 20, 2013
A SERIOUS crack appeared in the North Friday, over the plans by the Arewa elders to produce a Northern Presidential candidate to challenge President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2015 presidential contest, as the Northern Youths Forum (NYF) said that its members will only support any candidate for the leadership of the nation on the basis of merit irrespective of ethnic or religious background.

Besides, the Arewa youths specifically criticized the recent joint statement by the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) and other elders groups which condemned President Jonathan over the crisis in Rivers state, other political upheavals and the sorry state of the economy, saying that the current negative situation in Nigeria was a result of the maladministration by some of the Northern leaders who are now criticising the government of the day.

They lampooned the Chairman of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Prof Ango Abdullahi and the ex-while Minister of Agriculture, Alhaji Sani Zango Daura and other groups of elders in the North for exhibiting hypocratical tendencies concerning the present state of the nation, “pretending to have forgotten that their acts of commission and omission while in government brought this nation and indeed the north to its present difficulties”.

In a statement signed by the Director, Media and Publicity of NYF, Mallam Bello Gambo Bichi, the Northern Youths said: “ it may not to long before Nigerians and particularly Northerners begin to question whether the present lawlessness is not a direct result of their poor leadership legacies”.

Abdullahi, last Tuesday, led a joint press conference of Arewa Elders to criticised Jonathan on his role in the crisis in Rivers state and also unveiled the readiness of the north to ensure that the Presidency comes back to the region in 2015.

However, the Youths Spokesman, Mallam Bichi remarked: “ the crisis in the Governors Forum or the crisis in the ruling party are all a case of their past misdeeds hunting the present generation. And sensing the consequences of their misadventure while in government, they are now quickly shying away from the truth and diverting public attention from a disease to the symptom of the disease”.

“They thought Nigerians and indeed Northerners might have forgotten the link between their past failures as leaders in contemporary Nigerian political history and the current lawlessness.

“They suddenly want to play the superman, who just came out of the blues to save Nigeria through Press Conference. In fact what they could not do to make Nigeria better when they served in various capacities as Presidential Advisers and Ministers, they are now doing so through Press Conferences”.

“The Zango Dauras and Angos of this world want to blindfold Nigerians and indeed Northerners to beleiving that a President they accuse of seeking self-perpectuation is wrecking havoc on his immediate constituency of Niger Delta, particularly Rivers state”.

“ How would anyone in his right senses beleive this? The crisis in Rivers State is a constitutional matter which the leaders of that state be allowed to resolve amicably; and not just someone from afar fueling the crisis in the name of imaginary ambition of some leaders”.

Bichi argued that “ we challenge the duo of Ango and Daura to tell Nigerians and the north what they did to add value to the lives of Nigerians. Professor was Presidential Adviser on food security, what did he do to impact positively on the lives of Nigerinas while in office? Alhaji Daura was Minister of Agriculture, he should tell Nigerians and indeed the North at he is pretending to be fighting for, what impact he made as Minister of Agriculture”.

The Arewa youths continued: “While we condemn in strong terms the negative utterances of the elders from any section of this country, we take exception to the press conferences designed to promote selfish interest at the expense of all Nigerians.

“And in terms of national leadership, we advocate for a good leader and not just a Northern leader. Nigeria would be greater without ethnic champions, who cry over spilt milk. The future of the north will not and cannot be compromised to serve individual interest”.

Meanwhile, the ACF National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Anthony Sani, who spoke with The Guardian on whether the North was disposed to producing Nigeria President in 2015, said: “But we understand that zoning has been killed and meritocracy has taken the center stage in producing the nation’s president in 2015.

“So, everybody is free to contest and the North is not an exemption. We shall contest base on merit...there is nothing stopping the Ibos from also contesting the election. The presidency should be opened to all sides of Nigeria,” he added.

www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/national-news/127606-arewa-youths-oppose-elders-over-2015

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Smartluv(m): 6:40am On Jul 20, 2013
thank God the youth are now realising that this elders are misleading us. We have to stand guide our future ourself

6 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Omexonomy: 7:10am On Jul 20, 2013
Truth is very bitter to swallow. The problen hunting nigeria started from the misdeeds of past leaders

5 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 20, 2013
Educated youths are talking

6 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by okosodo: 7:33am On Jul 20, 2013
This is why they are fighting to take education away from the youths

5 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 20, 2013
Ok
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by duality(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2013
I just an't believe this.
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by miiraaj: 9:19am On Jul 20, 2013
Few lazy Arewa youths working to get their own share of oil blocks!

Very funny!!

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by vizboy(m): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2013
hope they are coming to their senses
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Brimmie(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2013
A President Wt No Promise! sad

There Was A Country...
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by AkinDavid2: 10:18am On Jul 20, 2013
If i tell you this is a dream you wont believe but true it's a dream. Waiting for the left wing to disown this other faction.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 20, 2013
miiraaj: Few lazy Arewa youths working to get their own share of oil blocks!

Very funny!!
Pathetic goat. Who lets this dog out?

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by finsulyman: 10:19am On Jul 20, 2013
I hope it wouldn't denied later.just passing
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 20, 2013
God I thank You .............I made 1st page + Yoruba Igbo and other Youth in this country shld stand to there feet and let's join hand together to chase all this glutton elders out off power come 2015......we cann do it (don't just be an instrument of thuggrey in democracy)
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2013
I love this! Enough of this men trying to bend the youths to do their will. A good portion of those who are complaining now have been in power before and their gross misconduct has brought the north and the nation@large to the present condition.
Check out those that would be endorsed by the NEF and ACF are failures even in their careers, some have been public office holders and have done poorly. I think those endorsed bribe their way to get the endorsement. Enough of the tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by nig2change: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2013
Brilliant Nigerians. I beileve you have said the truth Nigerians wants to hear. Transformation on course. Sure and steady we will get there.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Elueme: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2013
If half of northern youths can reason like this, then Nigeria will soon be a country of everybody's dream where tribalism, Nepotism and regional mistrust will be over. But the unfortunate part is that a large proportion of the uneducated northern youth and some educated atalakawas are sentimentally disposed to these greedy elders' ideology.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Mohdadutse(m): 10:41am On Jul 20, 2013
What these youth are saying is the last truth but the problem topic like this suppost to be a national issue let it be by nigerians, all these divisions was part of the problem the country fall in, if we dont want a leader let it be because he cant make changes not because he is not from my region, religion of ethnicity.
Why arewa consultative forum?
Why arewa youth forum?
If nigerian youth will decide to say no to you is totally no because the youth believe in change and that is the type of change we need. I beleive everybody suffers setback from these type of understanding.
Let us speak for our dear nation 9ja formulated as one nation bound in freedom peace and unity. Let us think wisely.
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by airfinance(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2013
miiraaj: Few lazy Arewa youths working to get their own share of oil blocks!

Very funny!!
This is ridiculous to read, a statement coming from the anus of a confused and yaba laft bound soul,what do you really want in your pathetic life?should these educated youth support the misleading so-called elders,im very sure you would have lashed out on them bitterly that they are tribal bigots,now they are advocating for good leadership and creadible candidate without looking at your ethnic,religion affiliation,you are busy blindly and yaba boundly castigating their sincere statements and challenge.i think you are one of the confused sheeps if you knw what that means! Ode

5 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2013
Yes am happy, one Nigeria but not imparted in the sense of notherners but now their senses is going back to dat umbrella...yes even me an Igbo can contest,,,a housan will vote for me Nwajoshua
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by jaytee01(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2013
Sensible points from them but the fact remains that they are looking for their own share of the loot. Jst an unknown group looking for relevance.
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Lakayanah: 11:01am On Jul 20, 2013
I like this for this is the only way forward if we as a nation can grow be beyond religious and ethic barriers remove the scales the whiteman and the Arabs placed over our eyes tackle greed to the floor. Then we can all shout freedom at last.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Stylaay(m): 11:16am On Jul 20, 2013
If the youths of this country can start thinking in this manner them we would surely have the needed sweeping change/revolution we desire in this country. I keep saying the older generation failed this country and the youths are towing in line. part of what has kept up in bondage as a people unable to attain our greatness as a nation is religion and tribalism/ethnicity. Poverty and suffering as a result of bad governance does not ask of an individual or a peoples tribe or religion. Death and carnage on our roads arising from the poor state of the roads due to corruption does not ask of tribe or religion. Bombs and bullets the new phenomenon we are now contending with as a result of the gradual collapse of the nigerian society do not demand tribe or religion when they unleash mayhem. Its time for us to focus our minds on productive things like making our country as place we would be prove of.. For those that advocate a split we should look up to countries like united states as a case study of a multi ethnic nation with patriotic citizens and not rather liken the population of our various regions to countries like togo to justify splittin this country. I tell u a large population has alot of advantages compared to small numbers. He we split up we would have internal strife to deal with. Nigerian youths we are educated to an extent but have not allowed our education to fully take control of our reasoning faculties. Our country can work we just have to make it work by fostering our progressive ideas over the very few that have continued to suppress this great nation because of thier selfish interests. May our children not spite up the way we spite this shameless elders leading up today because we failed to do the right thing. Educate the uneducated around you its time to use the social media to effect changes and not to keep blabbin trash.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by skyluv2000(m): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2013
Bello Gambo, thanks for your civilized, matured and patriotic act, you have to work harder with the president of the northern youth forum to liberate and salvalge your posterities there in the north, from the hands of the so called nothern elders forum, that are only interested in the immediate need of themselves and their children. Go on in supporting the truth, for if it didnt pay you nw, it will pay you later, any time you vow for any position , in country people will usher you in. Ok. Cheers. The only non tribalistic northerner i had ever heard.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by bizgen: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2013
i have read other comments from this same Arewa youth forum and i can say most times they oppose thier elders hypocrisy.The fact is,the north and Nigeria at large is sufferring now because of the misrule of past northern elites.how do you relate your elite ruling a country for almost 40yrs and your region is the most backward in education,infrastructure,health care,agricuture,human capital,just name it.and they are clamouring for power,to do what?what the north needs is not power but to build the region through education,human capital.the South East have not ruled this country but are advanced in education,human capital and other areas.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by DrKlever(m): 11:44am On Jul 20, 2013
Tears dropped down my eyes as I read this article. Imagine hw Nigeria will b like if every youth in all d regions drop sentiment, bigotry, nepotism and vote for merit. Dayokano, Eko-ile, ile-ife and other Acn boothlickers dis is a lesson 4 u. Meanwhile, untill I see a better candidate 4 2015 4rm any regional if der will be, Gej remains d best.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Effwazobia: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2013
bizgen: i have read other comments from this same Arewa youth forum and i can say most times they oppose thier elders hypocrisy.The fact is,the north and Nigeria at large is sufferring now because of the misrule of past northern elites.how do you relate your elite ruling a country for almost 40yrs and your region is the most backward in education,infrastructure,health care,agricuture,human capital,just name it.and they are clamouring for power,to do what?[i][/i]what the north needs is not power but to build the region through education,human capital.the South East have not ruled this country but are advanced in education,human capital and other areas.

Amen to the bolded
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by cyril10(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
Arewa youths spot on, you've spoken the truth, i just hope your northern elders will not send you guys on exile for this truth.
Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by SensibleMusa: 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
This is exactly my stand and the stand of most enlightened Northern youth.
There are many people in the North who can lead this country better than whoever the elders decide to 'anoint'.

But how many southerners will not vote along ethnic and religious lines...just asking

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Budtang(m): 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
How did they imerge as northern youths and elders? Whose interest are they truely representing?

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 by Mohdadutse(m): 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
STAND UP AND SPEAK OUT
If you really like this as the only way forward, then we are to setup a groap to advocate for a nation that can grow beyond religious and ethic barriers remove the scales placed over our eyes and tackle these greedy to the floor. Then we can all shout a nation bound in freedom, peace and unity at last.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News..abuja High Court Removes Adamu Muazu As PDP National Chairman / Ekiti Now An Important Factor In Nigeria's Political Enterprise, Says Oyebanji / Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.