Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Tecno And Gsmarena - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno And Gsmarena (10890 Views)

How To Watch Live Matches, TV Programs And Movies On Tecno And Other Androids / How To Use Your MTN Blackberry Subscription On TECNO And Then On PC / Have U Come Accross Tecno T731, Is It Origin Tecno And Andriod Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno And Gsmarena by mjay(m): 7:02am On Jul 20, 2013
Gsmarena is a very popular website that lists nearly all brands of gsm and their specifications, including their users review. However I am still at a loss as to why gsmarena has never listed TECNO products in its list of phones, more surprising is the fact that there are phones in the list that I have never heard exists, e,g xolo,spice,micromax etc. What does it take for a phone to get noticed and listed, with all the inroad exploits that tecno is making in Africa why has gsmarena not list it? Is there something am missing?
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Youngpo413: 7:18am On Jul 20, 2013
Not only tecno,have you seen Gionee,cherrymobile,jiayu,be phone,thl,plum,spice mobile,jolla,cat mobile,koko mobile,fei yin,infact the list is endless on gsmarena?,everything na turn by turn,make TECNO time reach and it will surely appear on gsmarena,do you feel me?lol.
Nowadays,there are so many mobile phone manufacturers and some no even get name sef.
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by mjay(m): 7:27am On Jul 20, 2013
Young po413: Not only tecno,have you seen Gionee,cherrymobile,jiayu,be phone,thl,plum,spice mobile,jolla,cat mobile,koko mobile,fei yin,infact the list is endless on gsmarena?,everything na turn by turn,make TECNO time reach and it will surely appear on gsmarena,do you feel me?lol.
Nowadays,there are so many mobile phone manufacturers and some no even get name sef.

Agree, but Tecno is gradually creating a niche for itself in africa, of all the fones you mention, none is as popular and with many variants as Tecno (I may be wrong). The fact that some very unknown names appear on gsmarena is what baffles me. I believe that when a fone is on gsmarena, user review is always abundant, and this can also enhance user's experience. Am just wondering what it takes for phones to be listed in such sites. Thanks though.
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Borwe: 7:40am On Jul 20, 2013
Gsm arena only has popular phones used in the US. Thats why something like Micromax and xolo are listed
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by bigt2(m): 7:42am On Jul 20, 2013
They are still shocked, so they don't kow which one to write about cos they are now many (tecno phones). cool #Dazzol!
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by mrdrizzy(m): 7:45am On Jul 20, 2013
Tecno is nt even qualified to even be sef,u havnt talked of dem thl that is internationally known,atleast 60% of zte brand(including nubia and nubia mini) are there!..come to think of it if tecno was even there sef,den all phones from china must be there also,thereby flooding d site
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by OCTAVO: 10:34am On Jul 20, 2013
Tecno product Specs was once on gsm arena about 2years ago even before the emergence of Tecno Android phones.
However, Tecno products was removed from their data base because of inconsistent specs.

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by NEROSKY(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2013
Any product that's trending in Uk & US is deemed as international product.. Remember tecno major focus is on Africans & some major part of Asia country, so am not expecting them to review tecno products anytime soon..
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by francis247(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
I guess it's cos they don't do Chinese
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
OCTAVO: Tecno product Specs was once on gsm arena about 2years ago even before the emergence of Tecno Android phones.
However, Tecno products was removed from their data base because of inconsistent specs.
GBOSA IDD I DON DIE! Which of them That china oriented fone?? Tecno operamini abi which one? Guy ive been on gsmarena 4 over 3 yrs notin lyk tec talkless of tecno there!

@op one word! One answer! SUB-STANDARD!

am very sure they hav heard and seen tecno buh the fone is not worthy. Gsmarena is not even the problem im telling u that andriod official websites gan gan Tecno is not listed! Its because of the same Reason!

Those fones u said uve not heard of probably did not sell there fones in nigeria or africa as a whole so its not by magic dat u here of them! As popular as tecno is here if u also go to UK or US, they also have not heard of it! Dats just the way it is!
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
francis247: I guess it's cos they don't do Chinese
huawei
zte
lenovo
and orthers re all there!
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by OCTAVO: 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
@ runzlord, the first place I came across the specs of Tecno T9 back in 2010 was on gsmarena.
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 21, 2013
gsmarena is like goib far, even fonearena which is second after gsmarena dem no dey...

gionee and jiayu are now on fonearena, soon moving to gsmareana....

make tecno still dey africa, dey decieve africans....

why their name go dey their before ....

no be only tecno...
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by seunlayi(m): 11:13am On Jul 21, 2013
OCTAVO: @ runzlord, the first place I came across the specs of Tecno T9 back in 2010 was on gsmarena.
yea, u are right
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by StNonsky(m): 11:56am On Jul 21, 2013
Pls help me. My tecno f7 can no longer boot. It gets stuck on the booting screen. I recently rooted it and installed one application like dat and dat was when the problem startd. I ve tried fac reset and data wipe all to no avail. Pls what shd I do?
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by OCTAVO: 11:59am On Jul 21, 2013
seunlayi: yea, u are right
Wow!!!
Bros, e go better for you o!
You can't know how happy I am!
This guys don't know nada about gsmarena!
In fact, not only Tecno T9 specs was there then.
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Randerl: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
Welcome To Da Bricked Family.

St.Nonsky:
Pls help me. My tecno f7 can no longer boot. It gets stuck on the booting screen. I recently rooted it and installed one application like dat and dat was when the problem startd. I ve tried fac reset and data wipe all to no avail. Pls what shd I do?
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by rabzy01: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
Your phone isnt briked. Just hold the power and vol down keys at once for some seconds until you feel the phone vibrate. It will restart and take you a screen with Chinese. Just click on the options with Eng letters. Wait for it to reboot. Try and let me know.

St.Nonsky:
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by 4peace(m): 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
OCTAVO: @ runzlord, the first place I came across the specs of Tecno T9 back in 2010 was on gsmarena.
very wrong bro
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by OCTAVO: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
4peace:
very wrong bro
Nawa o. I can't argue abeg.
Did you search for Tecno phone on gsmarena at the said year?
Me searched for it then and I'm 1000% sure that it was there Bro. cheesy It was after people started complaining about Tecno's inconsistent specs that they removed Tecno from their list o.
Do your research abeg.
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by 4peace(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
OCTAVO:
Nawa o. I can't argue abeg.
Did you search for Tecno phone on gsmarena at the said year?
Me searched for it then and I'm 1000% sure that it was there Bro. cheesy It was after people started complaining about Tecno's inconsistent specs that they removed Tecno from their list o.
Do your research abeg.

any link to verify that or any cached link.
i did searched im 1000% was not there,when i first heard about the T9 that was first place i went to but i got nothing.
i dont argue with you,i just need proof i might be wrong which im willing to accept.
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by mjay(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
Am learning.. Am listening. I love gadgets and ave used the best of them Ipad, galaxy note, etc. But right now am playing with Phantom tab and I am not disappointed as I was when I bought nexus 7 3g. Tecno is fast becoming a brand that cannot be ignored. 'Arena take note'
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by OCTAVO: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
4peace:

any link to verify that or any cached link.
i did searched im 1000% was not there, when i first heard about the T9 that was first place i went to but i got nothing.
i dont argue with you,i just need proof i might be wrong which im willing to accept.
Well, probably you checked late. Most guys commenting on Tecno phones through their feedbacks then were majorly complaining about specs. That was why their admin erased the record of Tecno on their database. As for link, everything was wiped off. I was surprised myself then when I checked back their site in the space of one month and found nothing.
They absolutely cleared everything.
I'm very sure some people will know about this fact but will only decide to keep quiet just because of their hatred for Tecno.
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
mjay: Am learning.. Am listening. I love gadgets and ave used the best of them Ipad, galaxy note, etc. But right now am playing with Phantom tab and I am not disappointed as I was when I bought nexus 7 3g. Tecno is fast becoming a brand that cannot be ignored. 'Arena take note'
for naija alone oo.. and som place in ghana and kenya..

note.. i asked som freinds in china if tecno phones where sold there.. they didnt even knw wat tecno was...

tecno is not even recognized in its hometown...
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by mjay(m): 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2013
deejay_harry1: note.. i asked som freinds in china if tecno phones where sold there.. they didnt even knw wat tecno was...

tecno is not even recognized in its hometown...

Really? Though Tecno is from Hong Kong.. I hope am right.
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 22, 2013
mjay:

Really? Though Tecno is from Hong Kong.. I hope am right.
dummy hong kong is in china!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Emisco1(m): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
U GUYZ RE VRY STUPID. Guest u guyz re ANTI-TECNO.gsmarena got tecno product jst xay u avent check. Da got d latest tecno L3.DO UR RSEARCH B4 TALKIN TRASH

Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by warrenweste(m): 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
Emisco1: U GUYZ RE VRY STUPID. Guest u guyz re ANTI-TECNO.gsmarena got tecno product jst xay u avent check. Da got d latest tecno L3.DO UR RSEARCH B4 TALKIN TRASH

am using tecno l3 can u send me the link to check it on gsm arena
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by physise(m): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Emisco1: U GUYZ RE VRY STUPID. Guest u guyz re ANTI-TECNO.gsmarena got tecno product jst xay u avent check. Da got d latest tecno L3.DO UR RSEARCH B4 TALKIN TRASH
na lie e nor dey
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by mjay(m): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
runzlord:
dummy hong kong is in china!!!!

You are a typical slowpoke. You are supposed to be locked up in a zoo or at best a sanatorium, you are too unrefined for a public forum cos you will disgrace wherever you are from. Who is a dummy? is that the way you address them in your hood? Go back home and learn manners. Shioor Because you know that Hong Kong is in china you now become a village square champion?

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
mjay:

You are a typical slowpoke. You are supposed to be locked up in a zoo or at best a sanatorium, you are too unrefined for a public forum cos you will disgrace wherever you are from. Who is a dummy? is that the way you address them in your hood? Go back home and learn manners. Shioor Because you know that Hong Kong is in china you now become a village square champion?
d nigga just corrected you.. why u dey rant like tecno phone loud ringintone.. na d guy fault say u no sabi hong kong befor typin
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by LordReed(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2013
Gsmarena can not have Tecno until Tecno gives Gsmarena their phones for review. Gsmarena doesn't go to buy phone to do review. So it doesn't matter where the phone manufacturer is from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download File Manager For Your Infinix Hot2 Here / Which Android Phone Camera Can Be Compared To Iphone Camera / Are The Mid-range Smartphones Getting Closer To Flagships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.