Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Tecno And Gsmarena - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno And Gsmarena (10891 Views)

How To Watch Live Matches, TV Programs And Movies On Tecno And Other Androids / How To Use Your MTN Blackberry Subscription On TECNO And Then On PC / Have U Come Accross Tecno T731, Is It Origin Tecno And Andriod Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by fiscalcliff: 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Borwe: Gsm arena only has popular phones used in the US. Thats why something like Micromax and xolo are listed
So Indian made Micromax and xolo are now marketed in the States? shocked
What an Einstein undecided

@ thread, I still don't get the obsession of some NLer's and by extension Nigerians with TECNO been a top end device to rub shoulders with the likes of Jiayu,iOcean, Micromax, Oppo talk less of LG , HTC or their favorite benchmarking against Samsung
Face it, a phone not talked about on xDA is a non starter IMHO cool
Tecno is even a non starter in China (their supposed home base)
I used the tecno T8 but have since moved on to greater and better things

Yet not once have I ever thought of comparing Jiayu's Mediatek quad core 68** Andriod 4.2 offerings to top Qualcomm/Tegra/Exynos SOC based handsets let alone a Tecno Driod to them even though I'm looking toward the Jiayu S1 due to launch soon
Guaranteed the HTC's and Samsung's flagships are priced higher than they should IMHO but African sales are crumbs to them seeing North America,Europe,the Gulf states and some parts of Asia are their main catchment market
If what you can afford at this point in time is a Tecno,fine, buy it
After all its your money
But if you want to buy a better made made product when your cash flow can afford it,all well and good
But to now compare a Tecno and Sammy and say the Tecno wins because of your financial insecurity is been outright fraudulent cool

2 Likes

Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
Tecno are not the main name given to this phone from Factory, Tecno just branded the phone as Techno.... Proof =the day I tried accessing one of my D5 through snapea, what I saw in the Phone hardware identify was not Tecno D5, What I saw was Dorado D5. So check it out!
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Adeshinaibukun(m): 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hmmm.
Tecno dey take ova the african smart phone market orna dey here dey talk orna own
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adeshina ibukun: Hmmm.
Tecno dey take ova the african smart phone market orna dey here dey talk orna own
for d poor aficans like u alone..

for me, they are better droid devices taking over my market...

just as one user pointed out.. tecno even dey confused of their own name....

DORADO, TECNO, PHANTOM, CHINKO..,.. u go fear na..
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Youngpo413: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
E no good e no good,but e dey help,all fingers are not equal.
Fyi,im not using tecno o!
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by mrdrizzy(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
fiscalcliff:

@ thread, I still don't get the obsession of some NLer's and by extension Nigerians with TECNO been a top end device to rub shoulders with the likes of Jiayu,iOcean, Micromax, Oppo talk less of LG , HTC or their favorite benchmarking against Samsung

Yet not once have I ever thought of comparing Jiayu's Mediatek quad core 68** Andriod 4.2 offerings to top Qualcomm/Tegra/Exynos SOC based handsets let alone a Tecno Driod to them even though I'm looking toward the Jiayu S1 due to launch soon
Guaranteed the HTC's and Samsung's flagships are priced higher than they should IMHO but African sales are crumbs to them seeing North America,Europe,the Gulf states and some parts of Asia are their main catchment market
After all its your money
But if you want to buy a better made made product when your cash flow can afford it,all well and good
But to now compare a Tecno and Sammy and say the Tecno wins because of your financial insecurity is been outright fraudulent cool
i still dnt get the over flooding of messages,jst hit d bull by the head(focus on the topic and be straight) rather dan going for things thats against d topic overall,uve made ur point,why lengthing it??,the fact is tecno cnt be be in gsmarena nt even xda,roadtonexus or even gizchina(china main tech news site).becos they havnt gotten to that level yet! Finish!
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by OCTAVO: 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
I just dey laugh at the ignorance of you people. cheesy
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by modnd3(m): 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
Let Me Now Come in.

As some one who runs websites, I regularly check the functionality of my sites,
by using different means like Laptops, Tablets and Phones.

I've used different browsers too, just to see how my sites appear on different
Devices and Platforms.

I can boldly tell you that the TECNO Mobile you used to know, is different
and Way Better than the TECNO of Today.

The 'TECNO Phantom A Plus' (Mobile Phone) and the 'TECNO Phantom Pad' (Tablet PC),
are not only beautiful devices or gadgets, but working better than Phones and
Tablets on the high end level of most brands you know.

These TECNO guys are doing a great job, and do not really need a memo or endorsement
to carry out their vision and mission.

Maybe, some people don't know exactly where the mobile market is going, so they just
talk because others are talking, or maybe because talk is cheap.

It will surprise you, as it surprised me, to see how people (including Pros)
are really Switching to TECNO Devices.

It is true that GSMArena does not have TECNO on their website for now, but that those
not stop them (TECNO) from being one of the most sought after Android Phones in
the African and Some Good Asian Market.

My Point is, while people are still closing their eyes and looking at big names, the
emerging market (brands) is taking the bulk amount of sales, with brilliant technology.

P.S. I'm not a staff of TECNO,I only Love to get better results in a fast and reliable way.

P.S.S. If I have my way, I will start promoting TECNO on my website.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by mjay(m): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
Food for thought
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by tirtimy: 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
Please do not worry about that. The new kid on the block http://www.aboutdevice.com
will make you proud. Please stay tune and it will be just a matter of time. Thanks
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by aeu1: 2:25am On Jul 10, 2014
What many dont know is how contract manufacturing and the likes work. Tecno is not a phone manufacturer at all but I prefer to tagg them phone merchants. If you buy from factory like those alibaba factories at a certain minimum quantity, you can request for your band to be stamped on the product, that is why Tecnophones only has cosmetic difference with other chinese phones. Those factories are the ones that are even involved in research if they are big enough. All of us can replicate what Tecno is doing, no big deal. The only issue is the capital. Samsung, Nokia, etc develops their products and give out for mass production, that is why they hold patents on certain inventions. Why Tecno and the likes are popular is their cheap prices. Note that these products are also there in western countries in different names. In US, one of the importer there brands it BLU - there is no difference whatsoever with Tecno, Gionee, etc, save the label and shape. Hope you guys get the pucture now. However, I think the major thing is for a serious minded company is to register their model with relevant authorities and set up quality control and research/development department to ensure a full fledged structure as a distinct manufacturer, not just buying from same source from any alibaba factory in large scale and make adverts and sell
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by jayauthentic(m): 6:15am On Jul 10, 2014
mjay: Gsmarena is a very popular website that lists nearly all brands of gsm and their specifications, including their users review. However I am still at a loss as to why gsmarena has never listed TECNO products in its list of phones, more surprising is the fact that there are phones in the list that I have never heard exists, e,g xolo,spice,micromax etc. What does it take for a phone to get noticed and listed, with all the inroad exploits that tecno is making in Africa why has gsmarena not list it? Is there something am missing?
. [/color] There are actually a few GIONEE phone reviews @ GSM ARENA. Eg Gionee, M2, Elife... Etc
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Perve: 6:23am On Oct 31, 2014
fiscalcliff:

After all its your money

It's amusing how how sterotypes like these argue. I have used a Sammy before using a tecno... Given.. Samsungs are slightly more superior... Take note.. I said slightly... Let me explain further.. Tecno does eighty percent of what samsungs do(the remaining 20% includes things that make Samsung a Samsung.. I got news for u... A tecno is not a Samsung... Samsungs with all their beautiful specs on paper have issues.. Mostly hanging or lagging when compared to tecno. Samsung note one couldn't handle games as good as my former tecno m7(it's slower on the note).. My neighbour eventually sold it and bought an s3.. The phone at times hangs a whole lot more.... Another friend of mine has an s4 and it hangs like a murtherfucker... Restored the phone back to factory reset a couple of times before I told him not to download irrelevant apps... Phones seems to be ok(no launcher even) until his 32gb sd card corrupted.... I went on the Internet and discovered that s4 is notorious for corrupting sd cards(Google it if u doubt me)... I recently upgraded to tecno h7 and my Inlaw bought an s5... Gave me a rare privillege of comparing the two... Design wise... H7 is better... And I discovered that specs on paper ain't the same most times with real life usage... S5 having more ppi to my h7 miserly 220 ppi but u have to look hard to notice the difference... Both are the same body size but the s5 screen is slightly bigger... To be frank... I was sending 70 musical videos through xender to the s5(which I did the other day without issues) but he mistakenly deleted them... I had to resend them again the next day and the unbelievable happened... The s5 hanged... There are other cool future the s5 came with that makes it a more superior phone than mine... Admitted.. But those things are just austhetics u can do without... Like the air gesture on s4 which tecno phantom z does... And when it comes to tweaking... Mtk is simply the best.. I remember when critics say tecno is inferior because it doesn't come with OTA.... Phantom z and my h7 comes with it... My phone, the h7 being the first tecno to have OTG... Being able to read flash drives plugged directly to the phone or card readers.. Note 2 also has issues with hanging... If u haven't used a high end tecno before... Shut the Bleep up about ur criticsm and commend the company for trying... IPhone 6 bends when inserted in pockets of tight jeans.... I wonder what critics would have said if it were a tecno!!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Thayay(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2014
deejayharry1:
d nigga just corrected you.. why u dey rant like tecno phone loud ringintone.. na d guy fault say u no sabi hong kong befor typin
na u sef come dull pass...hong kong is a territory within china just like lesotho and south africa,but with different system(currency,administration,constitution).chinese requires permission(visa) before entering hong kong,and vice versa.china have embassy office in hong kong,and vice versa..do u know official language of china is mandarin,while that of hong kong is cantonese and english?
Sir,with d points i made,i hereby recommend u to make research before disgracing urself on a public forum viewed by millions of people
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Panshow(m): 10:16am On Oct 31, 2014
jayauthentic:
. [/color] There are actually a few GIONEE phone reviews @ GSM ARENA. Eg Gionee, M2, Elife... Etc
GIONEE has always been on GSM arena.
Check
http://www.gsmarena.com/gionee-phones-92.php
All gionee phones are there.
Re: Tecno And Gsmarena by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 31, 2014
Tecno can never be featured on GSMArena, You want the phone to get to the US so when people start complaining of cracked screens and other stupid issues with tecno phones, They'll blame GSMArena Right? tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Root All Infinix Phones ( NOTE 3 And NOTE 3 Pro) / Download File Manager For Your Infinix Hot2 Here / Are The Mid-range Smartphones Getting Closer To Flagships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.