Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Ibori’s Wife Still In London Prison - : For Inability To Meet Bail Conditions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori’s Wife Still In London Prison - : For Inability To Meet Bail Conditions (3810 Views)

What Bail Conditions Really Mean / Web Designers Protesting At CBN For Inability To Do Business With Current Policy / Breaking: Former Delta Governor Ibori Secretely Released From London Prison? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori’s Wife Still In London Prison - : For Inability To Meet Bail Conditions by denuda: 4:02pm On May 24, 2008
Embattled Theresa Nkoyo Ibori, wife of the former Governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori, will be spending her fourth day in prison today following the failure of her lawyers to secure a surety to fulfill one of the conditions for her bail.

Mrs. Ibori was arraigned on Monday in a Westminster magistrate court, London, on a four-count charge of money laundering under the British Acts and was granted bail on Tuesday by the same court, but under what was termed stringent condition by her husband.

According to an agency report monitored on Friday, Mrs. Ibori remained in prison at the all-female Holloway Prison in the Borough of Islington as she waited to fulfill the conditions specified in her bail.

An online news agency, Saharareporters, reported yesterday that the former governor’s friends in London were scared that the Metropolitan Police might investigate their finances should they step forward to bail his embattled wife out of prison.

“A source with the Crown Prosecution Service told Saharareporters that Mrs. Ibori’s stiff bail conditions owed to her status as a “flight risk” as well as her prior conviction in 1992 by a UK magistrate court for stealing and dishonesty,” it reported.

A Westminster Magistrate court judge had on Tuesday, granted Mrs. Ibori bail at 250,000 pounds. Her Nigerian Passport was also to be deposited with the court. These conditions were yet to be met by 3 pm on Friday.

Although, she was yet to satisfy the bail condition as at press time yesterday, this will make her to be spending the fourth night inside prison while her lawyers search for a surety for her.

A statement released last Tuesday by Mr. Tony Eluemunor, Chief James Ibori’s Media aide, not only confirmed the efforts to satisfy the bail conditions, but protested the stiff conditions attached to it.

It gave an indication that Ibori might appeal against the decision of the court to seize Nkoyo’s Nigerian passport.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: Ibori’s Wife Still In London Prison - : For Inability To Meet Bail Conditions by Spermdrops(m): 11:37pm On May 25, 2008
So sad. Let us boycott Britian for maltreatment please. embarassed
Re: Ibori’s Wife Still In London Prison - : For Inability To Meet Bail Conditions by blacksta(m): 7:53am On May 26, 2008
The husband should wire me 300k and I will arrange her bail please be advised I charge 50k for my services which I believe is penny compared wht u have looted
Re: Ibori’s Wife Still In London Prison - : For Inability To Meet Bail Conditions by redsun(m): 9:40am On May 26, 2008
They are paying for their evil deeds,ibori and co.I wish people can literarily see the atrocities of the vampire politicians in africa and their cohorts.

It is just the beginning,a time will come when they will run to the sea,and the sea will be boiling,the ice will be melting,the earth will be burning,no where to hide,the wicked melt like wax before the fire,it's for real.

(1) (Reply)

Boko-haram Gives Reasons For Killing Christians / State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. / Nigeria Came Into Being On Oct 1,1960, Not 1914, Don’t Distort History — Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.