Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,992 members, 7,863,550 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:56 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (280964 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by cckris: 11:49am On Dec 30, 2015
jmaine:

If I may ask you. When did you start using a WP device ?
Sometimes it's not just how long, many factors contribute to individual proficiency.
If @kelechimarie is female as registered, and following this thread, she will likely enjoy Microsoft Windows more than men who're afraid of Maths and Technology.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by cckris: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2015
kelechiMarie:
Pls help I have been unable to open my store and I keep on getting the error code 805a8011. I can't download any games or apps, what can I do?
Secondly is it possible to download WhatsApp without using the store?
Kelly,
You can also go to settings - storage sense, and set apps to download to phone, instead of SD. Many generic Microsoft apps will not download into SD. Music and Pictures can remain in the SD.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2015
jmaine:

If I may ask you. When did you start using a WP device ?
guy have been using Windows since the windows mobile OS before Windows phone came withv7.0 then mango so am not a new comer on Windows..it takes patience to understand the beauty
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
kelechiMarie:
Pls help I have been unable to open my store and I keep on getting the error code 805a8011. I can't download any games or apps, what can I do?
Secondly is it possible to download WhatsApp without using the store?
check ur connection and also make sure the use cellular if WiFi is limited is on
And also u can download WhatsApp without the store..go t appx4fun.com and download then install thru store
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
check ur connection and also make sure the use cellular if WiFi is limited is on
And also u can download WhatsApp without the store..go t appx4fun.com and download then install thru store
same here too,I have not been able to reinstall u browser for almost a month now
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
onatisi:
same here too,I have not been able to reinstall u browser for almost a month now
which OS version are u,I need to know the particular GRd u are on
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
which OS version are u,I need to know the particular GRd u are on
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
onatisi:
are u on 3G,have u tried WiFi? Did u hard reset ur done after upgrading?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jmaine: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
cckris:

I started my own in October, about 11 weeks ago, but I've made much progress, because I'm willing to sacrifice time, and money buying data, and constantly following discussions on this thread, and interacting with Microsoft people. That's obviously how Microsoft wants people to master their system.

cckris:

Sometimes it's not just how long, many factors contribute to individual proficiency.
If @kelechimarie is female as registered, and following this thread, she will likely enjoy Microsoft Windows more than men who're afraid of Maths and Technology.

It's nice seeing a fellow WP enthusiast. Welcome to the great club.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jmaine: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
guy have been using Windows since the windows mobile OS before Windows phone came withv7.0 then mango so am not a new comer on Windows..it takes patience to understand the beauty

Am also an avid Windows mobile/phone user since windows mobile 6.5 all the way to Win 10, and I believe the OS though wonderful also has her fair share of challenges.

We don't need to make our love for windows blur the fact there are certain standards which are taken for granted elsewhere lacking in the OS. Though we are managing the situation doesn't mean we should shout down at those voicing similar complains.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kelechiMarie(f): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
cckris:

Kelly,
It helps to constantly check phone updates: setting-phone updates.
If there's a pending update, many things, especially Stores, won't work in Microsoft Windows, until that is activated.

They upgrade their system continuously, because over 300 million thieves, this time not blacks, spend days, months, and years, trying to steal billions and trillions of dollars, online.
thanks. I did get an update request for the store which I ignored. I'll check for updates now and try to activate it. I'm female anyway thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kelechiMarie(f): 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
done thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kelechiMarie(f): 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
cckris:

Kelly,
You can also go to settings - storage sense, and set apps to download to phone, instead of SD. Many generic Microsoft apps will not download into SD. Music and Pictures can remain in the SD.
oh I didn't know. Thanks a lot, sure hope that's the issue
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
jmaine:

Am also an avid Windows mobile/phone user since windows mobile 6.5 all the way to Win 10, and I believe the OS though wonderful also has her fair share of challenges.

We don't need to make our love for windows blur the fact there are certain standards which are taken for granted elsewhere lacking in the OS. Though we are managing the situation doesn't mean we should shout down at those voicing similar complains.
Na you are wrong,have used Android,Symbian,Ios,BlackBerry and I can tell you from my experience with WP beats them all....i still have the Iphone available cos I enjoy it for pictures and the battery life
Also I have an android tablet that I use for tweak /free browsing....the android is well equipped with games but lags alot compare to Ios and Wp...in Os compression IOS is the best but I want more than that boring background
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by cckris: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
jmaine:

When I wanted to buy Lumia 520 in 2012, I was discouraged by my youths, that it wasn't a good phone. I would have mastered Windows by now, if I didn't heed that wrong advice.
The point is that these youths are aping the spoilt youths in UK, who have everything so provided that there's not even any reason to go to school.
Now Trump threatens to switch off internet access to Africa if he's disrespected.
That's one reason we must explore every explorable. Under severe economic conditions they may begin to consider recolonising Africa. And there're many eager to help them, as in old times.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jmaine: 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
Na you are wrong,have used Android,Symbian,Ios,BlackBerry and I can tell you from my experience with WP beats them all....i still have the Iphone available cos I enjoy it for pictures and the battery life
Also I have an android tablet that I use for tweak /free browsing....the android is well equipped with games but lags alot compare to Ios and Wp...in Os compression IOS is the best but I want more than that boring background

We have gone pass the stage of fan boys argument when the likes of 4ller, texazz, et al., were all active on this section a few years ago. What you consider best might just be trash to another.

What is key is to use what suits ones best, irrespective of the inherent flaws in the OS.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jmaine: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
cckris:

When I wanted to buy Lumia 520 in 2012, I was discouraged by my youths, that it wasn't a good phone. I would have mastered Windows by now, if I didn't heed that wrong advice.
The point is that these youths are aping the spoilt youths in UK, who have everything so provided that there's not even any reason to go to school.
Now Trump threatens to switch off internet access to Africa if he's disrespected.
That's one reason we must explore every explorable. Under severe economic conditions they may begin to consider decolonising Africa. And there're many eager to help them, as in old times.

Windows phone OS architecture was built on simplicity and elegance. You only need a few instructions to get going. Concerning Trump, he is just being his usual silly and self centered self.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
are u on 3G,have u tried WiFi? Did u hard reset ur done after upgrading?
I am on 4g and I have upgraded and hard reset the handset. But I am using the internet explorer and maxthon browser and they seem quite good too
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
onatisi:
I am on 4g and I have upgraded and hard reset the handset. But I am using the internet explorer and maxthon browser and they seem quite good too
change ur location to Uk and also try to download update for ur store before downloading anything
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by chrsyoung(m): 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
jmaine:

Try a hard reset bruv. Am having no qualms with build10.586.36. I did like to ask if you are sure your WIFI network is good ?

Have done a hard reset a couple of times but still didn't help, and yeah my WiFi network is good.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 11:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
Pls anybody using Global Tv app on WP here? Mine on my L535 seems not to be opening/loading any of the channels. Must i have to wait till like forever before it load? Really missing out on some live NBA games.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 31, 2015
Larule007:
Pls anybody using Global Tv app on WP here? Mine on my L535 seems not to be opening/loading any of the channels. Must i have to wait till like forever before it load? Really missing out on some live NBA games.
some stations may act like that not al
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 3:13am On Dec 31, 2015
kallmemrB:
change ur location to Uk and also try to download update for ur store before downloading anything
how do I update the store?thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 31, 2015
onatisi:
how do I update the store?thanks
check for updates and update the store
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 8:16am On Dec 31, 2015
kallmemrB:
some stations may act like that not al

All the sport channels and other channels i've been trying to open ain't opening...that app must av some problems
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Lekmight1(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2015
Hey, am kinda new here, i have been using using android ever since i have started to use smart phone but i feel like i really have to change my os to ios or Windows mobile,from my research i think windows mobile suits my need most, Apple will rip me and restrict me,going through this thread i noticed you guys are talking about 3g lock, my question is
1)does the nokia lumia 925 has 3g lock features?

2)is there any negative effect window insider going to cause? if u probably update through it

3)which one is advisable to buy in lumia 925 or iphone 5s

4)lumia 925 is kinda old can u suggest any newer windows mobile within the range of 50k
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wmp now supports otg cable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
kallmemrB:
Why did you leave, then return when it was vastly better in 8.1?
Lol
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 3:05pm On Jan 01, 2016
kallmemrB:
You see!
Most people who always oppose any notion on flaws in WP always have back up devices available.
From Dan Rubino( this one will write article on WP and pick up his iPhone straight up after cheesy ) to Jason ward, KallmemrB, Satya Nadella etc. grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
Larule007:
Hi.
Have you been using GlobalTV for matches Before now?

I once tried it during the last world cup, but I don't know if it isn't working anymore because of my slow Glo..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
Lekmight1:
Hey, am kinda new here, i have been using using android ever since i have started to use smart phone but i feel like i really have to change my os to ios or Windows mobile,from my research i think windows mobile suits my need most, Apple will rip me and restrict me,going through this thread i noticed you guys are talking about 3g lock, my question is
1)does the nokia lumia 925 has 3g lock features?

2)is there any negative effect window insider going to cause? if u probably update through it

3)which one is advisable to buy in lumia 925 or iphone 5s

4)lumia 925 is kinda old can u suggest any newer windows mobile within the range of 50k
I doubt Lumia 925 has 3G lock.

Personally, I doubt I'd be happy with the iPhone 5s for a long period, since the restrictions are burdensome. (Jailbreak is an option, and I guess you know how that works)

The 925 is quite old indeed, but should still be quite capable!
I think they were both released in 2013 tho, so they can't be much more powerful than each other.

You can try buying the Lumia 640 XL, it's around 40k.
I'm not very sure it has that 3G feature too, you'd have to research yourself or maybe someone here will help you with info.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 01, 2016
Elxandre:

Why did you leave, then return when it was vastly better in 8.1?
Lol
oga am on window 10'mobile

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (158) (Reply)

Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3 / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.