Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (279895 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
Larule007:

I'm not on 8.1, i'm even on the latest 10.0.14393.448. And there's no network+ in settings again.

I think the latest now is .576
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 9:36am On Dec 18, 2016
Hi, does anyone know the code to identify an original lumia product ? After pressing, it shows details about the phone etc. Pls help out. Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
DJEhimond:
Thanks man. I finally updated but the charging issues still persist so I'll have to change the port.
Just factory reset the phone it wil start charging. Happened on my lumia 925.i thought it was charging port. But I flashed back to 8.1 and it was charging so I knew it was errorerror. Hold the power button and down volume untill u see exclamation mark. Then press volume up and down. I think
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
CHESTER48:
Just factory reset the phone it wil start charging. Happened on my lumia 925.i thought it was charging port. But I flashed back to 8.1 and it was charging so I knew it was errorerror. Hold the power button and down volume untill u see exclamation mark. Then press volume up and down. I think
Oh thanks for this ... I was thinking of doing exactly that. I tried several chargers on it and one finally showed it was charging. I left if for about three hours and I was surprised to see just 12% on the battery level. I should try this out.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
DJEhimond:

Oh thanks for this ... I was thinking of doing exactly that. I tried several chargers on it and one finally showed it was charging. I left if for about three hours and I was surprised to see just 12% on the battery level. I should try this out.
lemme know if it worked
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 5:25am On Dec 19, 2016
Am currently running it. Pls check ur outlook mail app n tel me d version number. Thanks
Vorpal:

I think the latest now is .576
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by fayne(m): 6:53am On Dec 19, 2016
Hi guys. I have lumia 540, and was using blackberry playboy original charger for it, but it got spoilt, so i decided to just boast the fone with this market chargers. After 15minutes of chrge, it stopped, and all efforts to charge it again with an original charger or any other charger failed. I was den told here in Jos that it is the charging I.C dt is spoilt and it cant be fixed. Please i need your response if any one has ever encountered such issues with his lumia phone, and if it can be fixed or not. Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 19, 2016
Mfunkynation:
Am currently running it. Pls check ur outlook mail app n tel me d version number. Thanks

How is it? any noticeable improvements? Especially concerning edge?

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 7:32am On Dec 19, 2016
Moments on my twitter app has stopped working for a while now, anybody also experiencing it?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
Have nt notice any... Except d outlook mail app doesnt play sound again,missed calls n sms notification on lock screen is nt showing afta update. Is there way i can go back to .448?
Vorpal:

How is it? any noticeable improvements? Especially concerning edge?

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mfunkynation:
Have nt notice any... Except d outlook mail app doesnt play sound again,missed calls n sms notification on lock screen is nt showing afta update. Is there way i can go back to .448?

I dont think so. You may try soft reset or hard reset to see if things change.
As per the outlook mail,i think the update for that comes from the app store.

Do you happen to stay logged in on nairaland using edge?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by diamond02: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by toluwanimi07(m): 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
Where can person get correct lumia like lumia 1020
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2016
toluwanimi07:
one of th best lumias ever built, that phone is scarce my brother except you want to shop online maybe ebay. Tried getting my hands on one recently too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomonsojay(m): 10:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
bobo65:

I feel sad for u bro
E go tell for ur body wen u wan download and uc browser will tell u That u have to have the application open or else ur download will get paused

Also we u are On bbm and playing music and all of a sudden the music gets stuck on a particular track and ur bbm all over a sudden shuts down

Also wen u need super apps to take control over ur phone and u need a good change in rom and looks of ur device but cant root ur windows phone

Some other painful things like phone restarting, cool fonts, apps boredom and slowness, difficulty to locate files, some types of videos not playing (imagine a Windows phone playing a 4k video biko)

Lemme rest my pen here

Rmb to quote me wen tears are in ur eyes and u wanna say "had I known"

i believe u really dont know up to half of what u thing u know?
1. have u seen any windows phone slowing even that with 512mb ram??

2. which videos have u played on windows and its doesnt play? ( abi u talking about wp7?)
3.finding files is more easy on W10 mobile using the latest file explorer or files app on wp8.

4. the mention of rooting shows that you lack the
the capacity to judge windows mobile since u lack real knowledge about the OS.
PS: u can "developers unlock" a windows mobile which is almost same as rooting. u can get developer custom made apps to change fonts n do alot of things "childish stuffs".

5. u can also badass game like dongeon hunters, asphalt 8&9. six gun, order & chaos, down of steal, GTA3-5, zonbie anachy, football manager, latest fifa, modern combat5, mk n loads of others. even d almighty universal emulator to emulate 1000s of grea games like mk,mario yoshi, mario sunshine, donkey kong country, starfox others.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomonsojay(m): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
NOW TELL ME HOW U THINK WINDOWS MOBILE IS BORING? ...OR ITS JUST TOO MUCH FOR EVERY DICK & HARRY TO UNDERSTAND, LIKE ANDROID IS.
I AM A BADASS GAMER SINCE 1994 AND WINDOWS10 MOBILE CAN ALWAYS MEET MY NEEDS.

Come test me...cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by toluwanimi07(m): 11:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
talktimi:
one of th best lumias ever built, that phone is scarce my brother except you want to shop online maybe ebay. Tried getting my hands on one recently too
Honestly bro I love that phone lyk madt
Its a beast... I saw it on konga

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 4:57am On Dec 20, 2016
Pls how do i developers unlock?
solomonsojay:

i believe u really dont know up to half of what u thing u know?
1. have u seen any windows phone slowing even that with 512mb ram??

2. which videos have u played on windows and its doesnt play? ( abi u talking about wp7?)
3.finding files is more easy on W10 mobile using the latest file explorer or files app on wp8.

4. the mention of rooting shows that you lack the
the capacity to judge windows mobile since u lack real knowledge about the OS.
PS: u can "developers unlock" a windows mobile which is almost same as rooting. u can get developer custom made apps to change fonts n do alot of things "childish stuffs".

5. u can also badass game like dongeon hunters, asphalt 8&9. six gun, order & chaos, down of steal, GTA3-5, zonbie anachy, football manager, latest fifa, modern combat5, mk n loads of others. even d almighty universal emulator to emulate 1000s of grea games like mk,mario yoshi, mario sunshine, donkey kong country, starfox others.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 5:00am On Dec 20, 2016
Pls how do i do soft reset n hard reset? Sori, i dnt browse using edge. Always use opera
Vorpal:

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 20, 2016
Mfunkynation:
Pls how do i do soft reset n hard reset? Sori, i dnt browse using edge. Always use opera

Soft rest, hold the down volume key and power button for like ten seconds wait till it vibrates and reboots.

Hard reset, go to settings>system>about, scroll down to the end and press rest phone.
However, hard reset is like factory reset it will wipe your phone clean of any personal files and return it to out othe box state.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 10:03am On Dec 20, 2016
Mfunkynation:

Didn't work. I only noticed it charges a little well with one blue light New Age charger.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomonsojay(m): 10:18am On Dec 20, 2016
Mfunkynation:
Pls how do i developers unlock?
is easy on windows10 mobile...go to updates & security > for developers and choose developers mode. if u want to install android app with u can do so but not all android apps can work...only the verified ones with authentc security.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 11:21am On Dec 20, 2016
khattab008:
Moments on my twitter app has stopped working for a while now, anybody also experiencing it?
same here. Might be server side on twitter
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 11:22am On Dec 20, 2016
Vorpal:

nairaland.com/? Try this. It keeps me logged in
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 11:29am On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks. Have done that. Pls how wil i be able to instal android apps? Where can i c d app?
solomonsojay:

is easy on windows10 mobile...go to updates & security > for developers and choose developers mode. if u want to install android app with u can do so but not all android apps can work...only the verified ones with authentc security.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by nani667: 11:37am On Dec 20, 2016
I have a Microsoft Lumia 430 Dual SIM available for Sale in case anyone is interested...

Call or WhatsApp me on 08021135343 ✔

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
charlesm91:
nairaland.com/? Try this. It keeps me logged in
Did not work.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
Vorpal:

Did not work.
its working for me... I only just discovered it a few days back. What os version of windows are you running? Mine's Redstone 2 (slow ring) preview for developers.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
charlesm91:
its working for me... I only just discovered it a few days back. What os version of windows are you running? Mine's Redstone 2 (slow ring) preview for developers.

Oh i guess thats why.

Mine is .448 production ring, i believe that is Redstone 2?

Am hoping they separate edge from the OS just like outlook mail do it gets faster updates and patches.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2016
toluwanimi07:
Doesn't support W10.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
charlesm91:
same here. Might be server side on twitter

Hopefully they fix the soon, kinda miss the feature.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2016
Vorpal:
Windows 10 is quite an all rounder.
The calculator is dope,the interface,the groove music player,the mobility of office,the edge browser is what i like most. Its so fluent, sadly nairaland doesnt stay logged in on it.
I thought I was the only one experiencing that.

HanXolo:
Has any lumia 930 user experienced over heating and battery drain when doing basic stuffs like texting or using whatsapp Is there a fix for this
The only time my 930 has heating issues is if the OS is not ok which also causes battery drain or when there is a phone update (that is how I know there is an update).

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.