Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278852 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jorges1(m): 7:03am On Oct 17, 2014
Feraz:
Are you on Windows 8.1? If no, you should update. It's gonna stop the whole heating ish. . .
I'm on windows 8.1 I tot it will stop d whole heating thing Bt it didn't.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 9:15am On Oct 17, 2014
well for me,i love Windows Phone and yes it's got its limitations but its something i can live with esp. app gap but things are getting better and majority of the app's i use are on the platform though app quality is what Windows Phone suffers but like i said its getting better. For those who complain of resuming screen, if u using a 512mb ram Phone then you bound to get that. i rarely do see resuming screen on my HTC 8x. for those still having resuming problems, try setting up and activating kids corner and later u can deactivate it. i read somewhere it works. Windows Phone 8.1 brings much needed updates to bring close to par with IOS and android and Microsoft still are gonna make it unified os with Windows 10 next year. All Windows faithfuls should exercise patience with the platform. remember android wasn't like what it is years back.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2014
talktimi:
ADVICE to anyone getting a Lumia phone, never touch anything with less than one gig ram even with a looooong pole abeg except you just want to use it as your tashere phone. The magnificent raw power of a high end Lumia is beyond awesome + add the great apps that comes with it grin
i second that and not just a Lumia but of you wanna try Windows Phone platform, then a Phone with a gig of ram is the way to go.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2014
charlesm91:
well for me,i love Windows Phone and yes it's got its limitations but its something i can live with esp. app gap but things are getting better and majority of the app's i use are on the platform though app quality is what Windows Phone suffers but like i said its getting better. For those who complain of resuming screen, if u using a 512mb ram Phone then you bound to get that. i rarely do see resuming screen on my HTC 8x. for those still having resuming problems, try setting up and activating kids corner and later u can deactivate it. i read somewhere it works. Windows Phone 8.1 brings much needed updates to bring close to par with IOS and android and Microsoft still are gonna make it unified os with Windows 10 next year. All Windows faithfuls should exercise patience with the platform. remember android wasn't like what it is years back.
Your HTC 8X runs on Windows 8.1?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
My BBM doesn't load again...it jst shows reply any 1 hvin a similar issue? P.s I use a Lumia 630
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
khattab008:

yes, WP 8.1 using the developer preview program.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
charlesm91:
yes, WP 8.1 using the developer preview program.
Ok, Thanks
Bought it in Nigeria?
I hope am not asking too much questions
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by OlamideGirl(f): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
liveLongNprospa:
My BBM doesn't load again...it jst shows reply any 1 hvin a similar issue? P.s I use a Lumia 630
same hia o
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
khattab008:

Ok, Thanks
Bought it in Nigeria?
I hope am not asking too much questions
no..if u got questions, shoot...yea i bought it in nigeria and its served me well although if u wanna switch to wp8, lumia would be the best buy cos of value add-ons that come with it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
khattab008:

its upgradable using developer preview
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
charlesm91:
no..if u got questions, shoot...yea i bought it in nigeria and its served me well although if u wanna switch to wp8, lumia would be the best buy cos of value add-ons that come with it.
Ok thanks
Up there you talked about Windows phones with 512RAM, are the that bad?
Specifically, what's your opinion on Lumia 630/635(both run on 512RAM).

trishguy:
its upgradable using developer preview
Ok Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gboyeboy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
OlamideGirl:
same hia o
Same thing too
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
B4 venturing into an OS, users should try do some research and understand how each OS works cos most times, ignorance gets the better of us. With wp, its less tinkering with ur phone n its clearly designed to operate smooth even on low hardware. P.S. Smooth don't necessarily mean fast cos there're android phones out there with super fast speed but consistence is what they lack in the long run esp.after installing large volume of apps, not general tho; like I pointed out, humans make mistakes due to ignorance on how well to take care of a phone. IOS and WP are kinda similar with little difference with app gap being the glaring deficit for WP while IOS is still low on customisability options. With WP, to enjoy the full benefits, you'll be needing a phone with at least 1gb of ram esp. If u a game addict, some apps require a gig of ram too. Overtime, the apps are optimized to work with 512mb ram but that entirely is up to developers to iron it out. Microsoft latest update,wp8.1, smoothens a lot of things and so u less see the resuming screen that bugs us. So I advice users to go for more recent wp8 phones in the Lumia range like the Lumia 630.
Lumia 630 has 512mb ram but due to newer hardware architecture, its more better than the Lumia 620 or 520 with old hardware running on same ram. P.S. This's for those who aren't power users I.e. No game freak.
The recently released Lumia 730, 735, 830 are the goto for me when it reaches Nigeria. All have the same specs ram and processor wise so you should have no problem using the phone.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
charlesm91:
B4 venturing into an OS, users should try do some research and understand how each OS works cos most times, ignorance gets the better of us. With wp, its less tinkering with ur phone n its clearly designed to operate smooth even on low hardware. P.S. Smooth don't necessarily mean fast cos there're android phones out there with super fast speed but consistence is what they lack in the long run esp.after installing large volume of apps, not general tho; like I pointed out, humans make mistakes due to ignorance on how well to take care of a phone. IOS and WP are kinda similar with little difference with app gap being the glaring deficit for WP while IOS is still low on customisability options. With WP, to enjoy the full benefits, you'll be needing a phone with at least 1gb of ram esp. If u a game addict, some apps require a gig of ram too. Overtime, the apps are optimized to work with 512mb ram but that entirely is up to developers to iron it out. Microsoft latest update,wp8.1, smoothens a lot of things and so u less see the resuming screen that bugs us. So I advice users to go for more recent wp8 phones in the Lumia range like the Lumia 630.
Lumia 630 has 512mb ram but due to newer hardware architecture, its more better than the Lumia 620 or 520 with old hardware running on same ram. P.S. This's for those who aren't power users I.e. No game freak.
The recently released Lumia 730, 735, 830 are the goto for me when it reaches Nigeria. All have the same specs ram and processor wise so you should have no problem using the phone.
thank you. I,m patiently waiting for lumia 730

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 11:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
Kinesis, can you unlock a Lumia phone?

Who here can unlock a Lumia phone?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2014
Does anyone know when lumia 730 will arrive in Nigeria?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Nokialumia720:
soon
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
Feraz:

Developer unlock?
That's not difficult, just google it.
Take note that some methods allow you to install 2,5 to 10 cracked apps with the maximum being ten apps.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by xenation(f): 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
helo pls can bbm work on lumia 520 if yes kindly
tel me aw to go bout it
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
xenation:
helo pls can bbm work on lumia 520 if yes kindly
tel me aw to go bout it

Yes!!!!! Go to store, search for bbm and download. Then create your bbm account from the app. if you already have login and start flexing
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
its already in nigeria. check slot
Nokialumia720:
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
what network is it locked to?
Feraz:

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by sharperino(m): 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Looking for a good and clean nokia lumia 620 to buy. Does Anyone have it for sale?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
kinesis:
what network is it locked to?
Either AT and T, Verizon or T-mobile. I haven't gotten it though. . .just wanna know before getting it. . .but it's likely to be Verizon since I am eyeing a Lumia 928

Elxandre:

Developer unlock?
That's not difficult, just google it.
Take note that some methods allow you to install 2,5 to 10 cracked apps with the maximum being ten apps.
Ok. . .thanks!

Who knows where fairly used lumia phones are sold?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by xenation(f): 11:53am On Oct 20, 2014
Unseen:

Yes!!!!! Go to store, search for bbm and download. Then create your bbm account from the app. if you already have login and start flexing
tanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by okorobianaira: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
Please I want to download apps on my phone but its writing error 80090010... Please what dose it mean. Anybody help....
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by okorobianaira: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
Please I want to download apps on my phone but its writing error 80090010... Please what dose it mean. Anybody help....am using Lumia 822
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by xenation(f): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
Unseen:

jes dd buh i cant create my acct its not working
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by xenation(f): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
@unseen tanks it jes worked ¤winks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by MrKodak(m): 8:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
okorobianaira:
Please I want to download apps on my phone but its writing error 80090010... Please what dose it mean. Anybody help....am using Lumia 822
Back up ur files, go to settings & reset the phone. Everything will work after then.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
xenation:
@unseen tanks it jes worked ¤winks

You welcome. note that BBM on Windows phone is not stable yet so expect few hitches.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
Feraz:
Either AT and T, Verizon or T-mobile. I haven't gotten it though. . .just wanna know before getting it. . .but it's likely to be Verizon since I am eyeing a Lumia 928

Ok. . .thanks!

Who knows where fairly used lumia phones are sold?
if it is verizon it wont work with nigerian network carriers since its a cdma phone and we use gsm in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.