Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,778 members, 7,955,975 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course (800 Views)

Almuflihah & Habicab: Women’s Protection Law Is Un-isla.mic / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? / Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course by ayinba1(f): 8:03pm On May 24, 2008
Salam alaykum,

This thread is for mus lims only. Thank you for being respectful.

I know a woman, we attend the same mosque. Her husband had to return to Nigeria. Somehow he got trapped paperwise and so far has been gone for more than a year. I understand that he kept in touch with and took care of bills for her.

On my own side, I called her almost every weekend to check on her and the kids. I school out of town (about 2.5 hours away) so I visited her once or twice. Sometimes, I noticed that she did not return my salaam, replying in Yoruba. But I would call her regardless.

About 5 weeks ago, I was told that she had started to attend church. A delegation of members were sent to see her and it appeared that she was not coming back no matter what.

I was disappointed of course and the only thing I did so far was to call her, pray that God guide us to the right path, let her know I would like to talk to her., she could call me, and (no she did not pick my phone and is yet to return my call, probably never will),

I thought about visiting her but the delegates that went to see her included relatives of her husband so I am holding that thought for now.
Understanding that dawah is an act of worship and feeling that I have not done enough, ( I know there is no compulsion in Deen), kindly shed some light on what my responsibility would be in this scenario.

Ma salam
Re: A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course by 4Him1(m): 8:29pm On May 24, 2008
you really cant do much. The most important thing is to understand why she has taken the step she took and allow her freedom to do as she pleases. Afterall there is no compulsion in is'lam.
Re: A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course by ayinba1(f): 8:31pm On May 24, 2008
David, why now?
Hmnn?
Re: A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course by mukina2: 8:43pm On May 24, 2008
@ Ayinba

You cant do nothing, really. And stop blaming yourself, she chose her path. all you can do is to pray for her. and like 4him stated .try to know the reason behind her conversion
Re: A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course by 4Him1(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2008
What do you think you will achieve by sending delegations to her? She must have done a lot of soul searching to have arrived at that decision.
There are family members of mine who are mus'lims today and some who dont even practice anything, there is a limit to how much you can evangelise them.
Eventually you just have to admit that not everyone will see things your way and let them be.
Re: A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course by Uche2nna(m): 8:49pm On May 24, 2008
Last time I checked, there was still freedom of worship in Nigeria. It is her choice and U cant really do nothing about it. If she had told U earlier before she actually switched religion, maybe U would understand why she is doing that and then maybe U would have been of more influence. But since she did not involve U in her decision making, there is very little that U can do to reverse it.

Just like 4Him said, a lot of soul searching must have gone down.
Re: A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course by ayinba1(f): 8:55pm On May 24, 2008
@Uche2Nna and 4him,

Thank you

@Mukina

Thank you too
Re: A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course by olabowale(m): 9:20pm On May 24, 2008
@Ayiba1: May Alla.h make it easy for you. Amin. If anyone holds the salvation of another man, M.uha.mmad (as) would have been able to convert two people: both of them his Uncles.

Abu Jahal who died in the battle of Badr. The prophet prayed that an Umar (ibn Khattab or Abu Jahal) come to strengthen i.sl.am by his conversion. All.ah knows the hearts of mankind, so Ibn Khattab was the one that became mu.slim. And the importance of the second Kalifah was not be underscored by a single textbook of his life history. M.uh.ammad (as) was reported to have said that it there were to have been a prophet after him, it would have been Umar! Thats how important Umar was.

We knew the end of Abi Talib; he refused to accept Is.lam on his dying bed, because of the pride of his heritage! Such a warped thinking that heritage is even important after death! It was Abu jahal who walked in and acted as the shayatin against Abu Talib's single shahadah. Even if he had said simple; oh Mu.hamm.ad, my dear nephew, that statement of there is no god worthy of worship except All.ah, the Almighty, I will not say it. That would have been enough for Muha.mm.ad to seek intercession before the Most Merciful All.ah T aala, in the day of judgement.

One thing you must be hopeful for; God Almighty All.ah can turn her heart back to I.sl.am, again. There are evidence that a person can apostate I.sl.am and still come back to it. The sequences of apostasy is even more than one time. All we can do is to pray for her and if you have a chance to be around her is to be a good person. Show as much mercy as possible towards her.

A person who is destined for hellfire will get into it, even if paradise is just a distance of an arm length. So does a soul that is destined for paradise will change even if hellfire is just a distance of an arm length.

We ask God Almighty to alleviate her condition(s) and in the long run that she turns back to the path of success. Amin. And also help all of us with strong Iman to be able to withstand the difficulties that we may face. Amin.

We also pray from the nonmu.sli.ms who have good hearts to find success and be guided to the path of true Belief. Amin.
Re: A Sister Leaves Isla M; Advise On Best Course by ayinba1(f): 9:54pm On May 24, 2008
@Olabowale

Thank you very much. May Allah continue to strenghten you.

(1) (Reply)

Xtian Leaders As Role Models / Great Podcasts / Rhapsody Of Realities: 11th September 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.