Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? (24348 Views)

God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Local Church? / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Bolt2011(m): 12:29am On Jun 30, 2013
This is a question many brothers give unconvincing answers to. Many go with the saying "better the devil you know than the devil you don't ." This means they see the pious, dedicated and pretty sisters in their local assembly as hypocrites; wolves in sheep's clothings. They see them as people with "multiple" personalities; different persons on campus, at work, home, in company of friends and in the church. Some are of the opinion that these 'innocent' sisters must have expended their worldly lusts and passions before they turned into the church to catch naïve, unsuspecting brothers.
I worship in a local church with a robust population of single and charming ladies. For reasons I'm yet to decipher, I seem not attracted to any of them to the level of dating or proposing marriage. As much as I admire and love God-fearing ladies, I find it difficult to relate with them beyond a particular intimacy level.
You may have a contrary reason or opinion. Let's hear from you, why wouldn't you marry a sister from your local church?

3 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Bolt2011(m): 6:07am On Jun 30, 2013
I decided to post this topic on the General section cos I didn't know which section it should be.

Moderator, please feel free to move it to the appropriate section. Thanks

See me on front page again o, twice in 2 days
Thank you Lord, Jesus.
Special thanks to my friends,Viruxx, LarryKool, Lekky and to my sister-in-law, Lilytopsy for your encouragement.
Thanks moderator for making me smile again.
Thanks to all nairalanders for comments

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
good question
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Brb
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by ITbomb(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
Still on this matter
I rather marry a naturally good girl than any bible-clutching , my-pastor-said girl

17 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by nerodenero: 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Bolt2011: Many go with the saying that "the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know."
“Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t”;

9 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by pelhurmy(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
waiting 4 sum ppl 2 arrive....

for now,I just dey observe
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by YoshiMaster: 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Q: Why won't you marry a sister from your local church?

A: Nah by force?

7 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by DutchesSsS(f): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
I'm here....
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by IleIfe2(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Guilt and fear. "What if she says no and tell other church members and pastor i tried to woo her" Religious women and women in general are very complicated at times. Its a blured area i'm also trying to understand.

Imagine when you pray and worship God with someone and after the PM or service you call her to a side and tell her, i like you? i dreamt and saw us together? corny and creepy. grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Sicozone(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
WHY WONT I?

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by mysticgal(f): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
they are too holy for sinners like them shikena undecided
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by oriafoh(m): 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
I will think about it..
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by WisdomMe(m): 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
See one of de reasons why we men hardly maarry frm our local churches

https://www.nairaland.com/1488287/brothers-mariage-crashing-after-few
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
I asked my 'wife seeking' friend the same question and he kept giving me vague answers. embarassed
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by MrBravo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
Well, churches are the headquaters of the hypocrates
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Ezedon(m): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
thats is not a good idea for some churches that are looking for members

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
...its partly familiarity breeds contempt and partly awkwardness. Sometimes the opportunity is not there to chat with others after church. Everyone is trying to be aloof without being too cold. .

My brother is courting someone he used to work with. When they were working together for 4 years they didn't mix in the same company at work. They didn't start dating until they bumped into each other on the bus back from a singles meeting in church. If they were still working together they will not be courting now.

5 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by cold(m): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
I don't go to church but the answer isn't far fetched.Girls from the next church always look prettier and more saintly.In other words,the grass is always greener on the other side

11 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by YoshiMaster: 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mr Bravo: Well, churches are the headquaters of the hypocrates

Tell me about it!

I went there to buy some crates of hypo, but they were sold out.

40 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by skyscraperTM(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
Reason is we see church members as families. Same way you can't marry your sister.

I've even decided not to marry from my state cause almost everybody in my hometown is somehow related to me, i detest incest.

8 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by IleIfe2(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
SELFWORTH: ...its partly familiarity breeds contempt and partly awkwardness.

I think that's it. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hard question
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by weazley(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
i wont marry o, dats inbreeding grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by checkdate(m): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
bro

4 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Vicjay1(m): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
i can't. they are beyond what u see them as.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by MMJ(m): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
So, how did this made the front page?
Who among the mods did this??
Seun, call your boys to order. Kindly train them on value recognition
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
hmmmmmmm
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by swhiss: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
A lot of people marry outside their church and they fail to realise how wrong that is....The apostle paul admonishes christains to ''marry only in the Lord'' [1corinthians 7:39, 11:11]

so with the sound reasons he gave to support this, i dont think i am ready to do contrary.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
Because she is already a sister. undecided undecided
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Tell me about it!

I went there to buy some crates of hypo, but they were sold out.

There are hypocrites everywhere. Even on NL. Tell us something new.

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Meta4element(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lol op u really gat a piont here...seriousLy men dnt lyke d so called "wumen in christ" ladies...seriously u wun't blame i even know 1 gel 4rm awa side...shez fuckinq 37yr old buh lastweek she celebrated ha 28th birthday and dis pesin iz the type dat wil preach,qive u prayerz even 2 the extent of washinq d church...dats life shaaa buT all d same "SHINE UR EYES!!"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. / Father Solomon Ukeyima Builds A House For A Widow In Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.