Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,341 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City (21877 Views)

SEE What IPOB Did In Vatican City Today In Front Of The Pope (video) / Why I Dethroned Pope Benedict In Vatican City 2012/2013 / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by xtrafly(m): 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
Pope Benedict just left vatican city for Castel Gandolfo (a summer house). The pope stood for a few minutes on his way out the door to acknowledge cheers from onlookers while each of the cardinals took turns to kneel in front of him in reverence, after which he was ushered into one of cars in a waiting convoy and joined by one of the cardinals. The convoy drove straight to a helipad where a helicopter was waiting to transport the pope to his summer residence at Castel Gandolfo. He will henceforth be refered to as pope emeritus.

[img]http://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBiQAWh0dHA6Ly9yYWNrLjIubXNoY2RuLmNvbS9tZWRpYS9aZ2t5TURFekx6QXlMekkzTHpreUwxQnZjR1ZPYjNkVWFHbHpMakZqWTJaaExtcHdad3B3Q1hSb2RXMWlDVFUyTUhnM05UQUtaUWxxY0djLzhjNTMxZjZlL2ZiMC9Qb3BlLU5vd1RoaXNOZXdzLmpwZxQCFgASAA&s=jyw-EENlIHYw8L-q5vldfgbP9PDgsTqXOUfZxItKr1U[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by sheedy407(m): 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ok,I wan turn Pope,watin I go do and how I go upgrade my cv?

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by xtrafly(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
sheedy407: Ok,I wan turn Pope,watin I go do and how I go upgrade my cv?
Lmaooo... U don't need to upgrade ur CV, just forward it as it is to pope@vatican.com and pray for goodluck

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by tpia5: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
I looked up pictures of castel gandolfo, it looks nice, very stately, but seems quite smaller than the vatican.
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by xtrafly(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
tpia@:
I looked up pictures of castel gandolfo, it looks nice, very stately, but seems quite smaller than the vatican.
Its a summer house... It definitely cannot be compared to the vatican, a very cool place by any standard though

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by tpia5: 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
Omg, is the next pope going to be asian?
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by Cuddlemii: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
tpia@:
Omg, is the next pope going to be asian?

grin grin grin
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by naijathings(m): 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
[size=18pt]Now Let the politics begin[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by Yasmeena(f): 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
Peeps, how true is d news going around some social medias dat d pope has accepted d oneness of Allah at a press confeence?

6 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
So who's gon be occupying dat seat temporarily before another pope is elected??
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
Cardinal Arinze you are next!! I prophecy in the name of Jesus, Son of our most gracious Holy Mary.
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by free2ryhme: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
there is vacancy in the vatican pls send cv to vatican@rome.it
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by Lakayana: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Looking at these pictures brings back memories of when I went to the Vatican and actually met with the pope in person.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by abifoluwa: 6:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
Lakayana: Looking at these pictures brings back memories of when I went to the Vatican and actually met with the pope in person.
or u were waving while the pope was passing by? grin

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by abifoluwa: 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yasmeena: Peeps, how true is d news going around some social medias dat d pope has accepted d oneness of Allah at a press confeence?
some medias? Or blogs?
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by naijathings(m): 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ijogz K: Cardinal Arinze you are next!! I prophecy in the name of Jesus, Son of our most gracious Holy Mary.
scratching my head.. WTF.
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by abifoluwa: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ijogz K: Cardinal Arinze you are next!! I prophecy in the name of Jesus, Son of our most gracious Holy Mary.
na wa o. Must he be a pope? Mtchew
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by julioralph(m): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Ibos should start fasting and praying for Arinze!
cardinal Arinze is ineligible cause he's above the maximum age.
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by mascot87(m): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
Let Christ will b done bro
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by Lakayana: 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Ibos should start fasting and praying for Arinze!
Igbo? When he becomes pope I can bet 100% that even you will have that bragging right that your fellow country man is now the pope. We would start hearing from every other tribe how their great grandparents nephew's brother is related to the pope.
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
are Nigerians dis foolish? To be making joke out of dis topic

5 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by onyengbu: 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2013
[quote author=frosbel]
Q
While you continue to post such pictures and slander the body of Christ, the catholic church keeps growing by day....

Growing speedily to a quarter of the world population cannot be the work of the devil, it is only the Holy Spirit that can do that.... and gates of hell (which might include you) cannot stop it!

30 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by cuteprincess1(f): 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2013
I wish 4 an african pope next
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by SamMilla1(m): 6:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
goodbye Pope. I like Germans, very honest people. Who is next? Oyedepo or Adeboye since they are variantly richer than all the Cardinals in Rome
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by naijathings(m): 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
i hope the next pope come from china.
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by tony1980: 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
Pope is a good example.
Re: Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City by elampiro(m): 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
onye_ngbu*:

Ode listen, he is no longer qualified ok,.... He is now 80+....

I thought they said he only cannot vote, but he can be voted for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paul Olawoore, Catholic Bishop Of Ilorin Is Dead / What Happened After My Mum's Death / Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.