Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War (18509 Views)

Igbos, Most Brilliant Black Africa Race –us report / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / South Africa Cautions Nigeria - Stop The Insults (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Tobetoe(m): 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
adeaugustus: Lord, let the civil war start pls.... Atleast we would be able to apply for refugee (aduro).
haha,u funny o,UN go pack all refugee to Somalia, .abi u like there..u beta apply 4 GUN SHOOTERS

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by tuoyoojo(m): 2:37pm On Jul 21, 2013
I can't but marvel at what people ask for.everyone seems to be calling for breakup.someone even put up a map of the various segments that wud result from the breakup.all I can do is laugh.if this country shud break up.its going to be into many fragments.the south south has more than 20 tribes each of those tribes wud ask for their own country.the "calabar man" wud not go with d south east.shud I talk abt the other minor ethnic groups in the north and west.if this country should breakup its still the same corrupt leaders that wud be at the helm of affairs.those corrupt leaders and politicians who have enriched them selves wud be the 1st flight out of the country wen poo hits the fan and they would leave u behind to clean the mess.corruption is going to bloom more during that time.shud I talk abt the impact of war..the sickness,death of loved ones,growth of hiv scourage,famine and what not.r we so quick to forget the last civil war.are we so quick to forget.nigeria can succeed if we would put religious and culture sentimemts aside and seek for justice and economic growth.if nigeria breaks up, we wud be worse for it.then I wud be too late to go back....be careful what u wish for cuz u jus might get it all"

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Buc(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Go to bed. Judging by the way you side with the US so as to bring down the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I believe the US is your own god and slave master and not mine. Moreover, if ever they succeed(i pray they don't), the different fragments of the original Nigeria shall be ruled and dictated by the US because they helped in splitting it. First off, gay rights shall be passed into law. Afterward, you all will live to serve them and do their biddings. Do you want that? As a new Sovereign State?
Also, it will take decades to rebuild and reform the fragments of the already damned Nigeria. It will be a lot better if we come together and stop the fire in Nigeria. Let us not separate!
Shebi na d same corrupt leaders that will lead if ever your so called Biafra becomes independent? All Nigerians are corrupt!
Let us wipe corruption away from nigeria and be stronger. It will be easier and better to do that than to separate and start from Genesis.
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by favinvest: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
Wat i think may likly is a military coup. But who will head it is wat i dont knw.

If GEJ lost d worst that may likely happen is onshore oil distruption

If GEJ wins either a core northern military led coup may occur that may lead to hostilities or APC will repeat wat CPC did; then go to sleep.

Cos the people shouting for war war re either the internet noise makers or the cabals.
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Buc(m): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Go to bed. Judging by the way you side with the US so as to bring down the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I believe the US is your own god and slave master and not mine. Moreover, if ever they succeed(i pray they don't), the different fragments of the original Nigeria shall be ruled and dictated by the US because they helped in splitting it. First off, gay rights shall be passed into law. Afterward, you all will live to serve them and do their biddings. Do you want that? As a new Sovereign State?
Also, it will take decades to rebuild and reform the fragments of the already damned Nigeria. It will be a lot better if we come together and stop the fire in Nigeria. Let us not separate!
Shebi na d same corrupt leaders that will lead if ever your so called Biafra becomes independent? All Nigerians are corrupt!
Let us wipe corruption away from nigeria and be stronger. It will be easier and better to do that than to separate and start from Genesis.
you sound so stupid. Why blame the U.S for Nigeria's problem. You think they prepared the report because they don't have any other thing to do? Your govt have being going to seek investment from their citizens and a sensible govt that knows its citizens may end up losing their investments or call on the U.S govt for protection when trouble arises have investigated and produced a report to advise its citizens contemplating to invest in Nigeria to undertand conditions so they don't invest heavily or at all.
The Korea they helped divide are free people.
If we separate in peace, there would not be much to rebuild. As a nation much ve not really been built anyway.
If they make you pass gay rights, it doesn't mean if you don't like to phork your fellow man that the law would force you to. It simply means gays are humans and should be seen as such.
In the area of corruption, I'm sure the yoruba race will never allow their fellow yoruba cheat them if they ve their oduduwa nation. But, because others are thiefing, they don't want to miss out. In Iboland thieves still dance naked around the village. An Hausa/fulani led police protects thieves in Nigeria. Thats why Ibo politicians can shamelessly join other thieves.
I strongly believe that the disintegration of Nigeria is inevitable than I believe that Muhammed was ever a prophet of God or that Jesus is coming again.
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by hunkydory(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
alons: We rather choose breakup than civil war
The only way for peace to reign is for Nigeria to be peacefully divided territorially so that the two nations that were forced together in 1914 can go their separate ways.Northern nigeria is an islamic nation while southern nigeria is a christian nation. The two can never be one because they are divided on religious grounds.It is like joining Israel and saudi arabia to become one country.

We dont need a civil war.What we need is a peaceful break-up of nigeria.Let the north go their separate way and go and manage the resources in their land and let the south also go their separate way and go and manage the resources in their land.When this is done,northerners will always be president of northern nigeria forever and southerners will always be president of southern nigeria forever.

America(world power) and britain(nigeria's former colonial master)should help nigeria to achieve this peaceful separation without bloodshed.

3 Likes

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Ayatullah(m): 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
Before commenting on this post, I want to digress a little and observe the existence for years the WAR COLLEGE(s) in the USA. Unfortunately, former President Olusegun Obasanjo out of his determination to castrate the Nigerian Armed Forces changed the name of the one we have in Nigeria, I look forward to that day when another leader will revert the name.

Concerning the message of the post itself, we should thank the USA for reminding us the state of affairs in our country which indeed may lead us to an unfavourable catastrophic situation if we do not caution ourselves.

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by VoteOutPDPJona: 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
youngestfool: if that will solve the problem of 9ja its better.
I dey prepare oooo
juju for sale contact me at [size=20pt]fool@fool.com[/size] grin

grin grin To solve the problem, say NO to Religious fanatics desperate to rule this country, and above all say NO to the P.D.P led federal government who have done little to unite Nigerians.
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by babslamin: 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
drauj: It is said not all that glitters is gold. Anyone doubting the ability of the US in determining the future of Nigeria is not realistic. Jonathan went into fragile ties with China and gullible Nigerians were jubilating. US is a country that holds its survival above everything in the strict sense. I have a soft spot for GEJ but I know he has made a wrong move here. OBJ is already meeting with very very strong politicians in the North. I just hope Jonathan is really a patriot who knows his limits. This post is for people with eyes to see not those blinded by ethno-religious sentiments.
Don't worry GEJ has yerima's backing and wif almighty yerima all senators wil back retard GEJ
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Buc(m): 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
locdog: why igbos re so dumb
they use to be smart, but, their interaction with you turned them dumb. Idiot.
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Chregor(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
My only piece of advice to my fellows in the country is :
1: don't get obsessed with any candidates of any party.
2: don't conclude dat he's the way, the life to ur existence.
3: And stop being used as an evil agent by politicians to frustrate others. And last but not the least;
4: votes base on one's good precedents as well as ur conscience and, not the money they dole out during campaigns.
One person, one vote and transparency holds a strong bond to this country's continued existence.
One more thing: i don't give a damn about the news dat filtered through the war college, all we need is more electoral reforms to allow the people to detect who goes into office and also impeach the erring ones.

2 Likes

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by khattab02: 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Instead of them to help even in a little way, to dissolve whatever problems there are in Nigeria, they are busy anticipating, prophesying and telling the entire world and Nigerians about an eventual break up of Nigeria, keeping our memories, minds, and focus on what shouldn't be.
No hurt feelings, USA keep dreaming, predicting about Nigeria's bleak future? Don't tackle the security challenges in your own country. China is even emerging as the new most powerful country. Keep sleeping and dreaming about Naija. Bunch of dreamers. Keep on spreading rumours and false alarms!
Nigerians, please let us unite, fight corruption and become a stronger country the world and Africans indeed, will be jealous of!
U have almost said it all.just like I always say America has more internal problems than we see.U can see youths shooting in colleges,where do they get weapons from.what about their surplus women,according to Jimmy swaggart, they have 55million drunkard,he also said inbreeding has reached an epidemic proportion.do you know than morethan 1900 rape cases takes place in america?that for reported cases.how have they solved all these problems? With all the UN and others,how have they solved the war bt Isreal and Pakistan? According to Robert Pearce an American who is an Expert in Terrorism wrote in his book that before the Americans came to Iraq there was no suicide bombing,it was when came that suicide bombing started.

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by pitypec(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
godwinony: they are the ones stoking the political fire from the outside..you'll be shocked to discover they might be the ones selling weapons to our politicians..
the us really wants nigeria to break up that country is a stupod country who knows they might be the one sponsoring bokoharam juust to cause internal strife that country called us is a bad coutry no offence to the gud pple there but the country is a greedy one.
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by lurvy: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
fallingsky:

Monkey

You are the real monkey, little wonder you look odd on your picture below...

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Horus(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
surveycash: Somewhere in the US.
Teacher: Take down this assignment. "In 750 words, write an article on the Nigeria's political situation." Submission deadline- 24hrs.

After 24hrs....

Student:- Here is the assignment sir?

Teacher:- Oh! This is good. Oya, go post am for Nairaland make dem read am.

You are very clever!, you know perfectly the intention behind the article.
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by nikky5(m): 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
Some of us saw this few years ago.We prayed and are trusting God that our country will not breakup.The Americans wants to sell their weapons to shed innocent blood.Nigerians should continue to pray and believe in God for our corporate existence.God is in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by thaoriginator: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
If e happen na we go still win.
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by VoteOutPDPJona: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
Akpan107: He just said the truth. Nigeria may END by 2015 if GEJ is not the president!! If time is not taken, [size=14pt]we[/size] would END (or put an hold to) the supply of CRUDE OIL to some parts of the Country by 2014 as a WARNING to what will happen by 2015!!!

[size=14pt]We[/size] would stop buying meat, beans, onions, tomatoes and ETC from some part of the country, [size=14pt]we[/size] would start importing them from Niger, Cameruon and if possible Somalia can even supply us, too.

Am coming back!

WHO ARE YOU OR RATHER WHO IS 'WE'?

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by MASTERM(m): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
hunkydory:
The only way for peace to reign is for Nigeria to be peacefully divided territorially so that the two nations that were forced together in 1914 can go their separate ways.Northern nigeria is an islamic nation while southern nigeria is a christian nation. The two can never be one because they are divided on religious grounds.It is like joining Israel and saudi arabia to become one country.

We dont need a civil war.What we need is a peaceful break-up of nigeria.Let the north go their separate way and go and manage the resources in their land and let the south also go their separate way and go and manage the resources in their land.When this is done,northerners will always be president of northern nigeria forever and southerners will always be president of southern nigeria forever.

America(world power) and britain(nigeria's former colonial master)should help nigeria to achieve this peaceful separation without bloodshed.
The best way to Gooooooo

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Buc(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
When I want to relax I take palmwine. But, Yerima sucks small children's chest. We are too different to be countrymen.
Pls, lets all support disintegration.

3 Likes

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by swedbase(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
I have always wanted a divided Nigeria anyway. We are obviously too diffrent to be one nation period.
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by mastersr95(m): 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2013
Do people still believe anything good can come out of this so called NIGERIA? its so obvious Nigeria is a failed state. Things are getting worse everyday.

When i was young there use to be people that would come and relay streets in your area every month, this doesnt happen anymore. There use to be a free running water, this also dont happen anymore. The only thing the people of Nigeria needs right now is a NEW START and that can never happen unless we break up. Let every region go and start afresh and learn from the mistakes Nigeria made.

Whoever says Nigeria should not break up is either that person is saying it coz of their selfish interest and they dont know what they are talking about. There's Tribalism everywhere, Lots of threat about the coming election... its so obvious nothing good can ever come out of this country again.

The same way you put CAT and DOG in the same cage; They just wont get along.

2 Likes

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sharing the same National passport with people like Yerima saddens me. I would not want my children to do so either, i want a better life for my generation, from all indications Nigeria is not the place they can get such. Please a referendum should be organised, let Nigerians decide if they want to stay together or not. Every politician who is a true democrat should support it. What are they afraid of?. Closing my eyes and sleeping, knowing that people like Yerima are not my countrymen will be reassuring.

2 Likes

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by basilo101: 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
ilugunboy:

Thrash...absolute bunkum ....this deserve no response.
hw is it thrash? He made sence abeg. We had north, east and west as at independence. North still parade as öne entity upon all d difrnt tribes so wat stops d eastern region frm doing same?

2 Likes

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by moskke(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
abu12:

Nobody is saying south-south/biafra should not rule this country, but not this daft you present as president
.dnt abuse ur leader,its wrong

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nigeria is also beset by chronic in- ternal strife and unstable governments, corruption, poor human development and human rights records, and is a hub for international crime. - culled from the article

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by danaz(m): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
We dont need a high profile intellectual analysis to knw Nigeria will split smday,possibly along religious lines.All the required 'ingredient' stare us daily in the face.we only pray for it to be peaceful,whc is unlikely..

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
Should Nigeria’s leaders mismanage the political economy and reinforce centrifugal forces in Nigeria, the breaks to create autonomous regions or independent countries would likely occur along its previously identified fault lines - culled from article
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by babaowo: 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Instead of them to help even in a little way, to dissolve whatever problems there are in Nigeria, they are busy anticipating, prophesying and telling the entire world and Nigerians about an eventual break up of Nigeria, keeping our memories, minds, and focus on what shouldn't be.
No hurt feelings, USA keep dreaming, predicting about Nigeria's bleak future? Don't tackle the security challenges in your own country. China is even emerging as the new most powerful country. Keep sleeping and dreaming about Naija. Bunch of dreamers. Keep on spreading rumours and false alarms!
Nigerians, please let us unite, fight corruption and become a stronger country the world and Africans indeed, will be jealous of!
..... hmmmmm
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
I dont need US to tell me this before I have the knowledge that the country is going nowhere.

Before this time, I have personally disown nigeria as my national origin

1 Like

Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by bebechuks: 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
lurvy: [size=18pt] Hmmmm..... Is this me?
So finally I am Number 1 in this big Nigerian community, not just that but on the front page!
Wow.... it feels so good to be above everyone! What a relieve!
For those who have been yearning for this spot, please dont relent... You will get here if you keep on working hard!
Hard work really pays, isnt it? At number 1. Hmmm u get work,@ us no be new story now.

But wait oh, Why should the USA be acting like the world Police?
Let them leave Nigeria alone, abeg!

[/size]
Re: US Report Cautions Nigeria Of Civil War by whitecat007: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
Word!

Really about time this country divides into 5 so we can all make our new countries the way we want.
ilugunboy:

Thrash and balderdash ....how can the West stop the East if they want to go? In actual fact....most S/Westerners will view it as good riddance...

In fact this is the most auspicious time to go by the Igbos.....the political configuration favors you if you truly want to go. You may not have this opportunity again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP / Ben Murray-Bruce At Abia 25th Anniversary Celebration / Seized Pump Action Rifles: Senate Orders Immediate Destruction, Increase Fines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.