Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! (2458 Views)

Beware Of Another Civil War, US Report Warns Nigeria / Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola / Lucky Boko Haram Survivor Warns Nigeria..(Photo & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rooneyboy(m): 9:01am On Jul 21, 2013
[b] U.S report warns Nigeria to beware of another civil
war!!!

Written by Olawale Rasheed - Abuja

A new report entitled ``Nigeria's Unity in the Balance”
authored for the United States Army War College has,
again, warned Nigerian leaders to beware of another
civil war or an outright break-up following what it called
ongoing divisive trends in the country.
The report released by the Strategic Studies Institute of
War College was written by two former American
servicemen, Gerald McLaughlin and Clarence J.
Bouchat. McLaughlin is a graduate of the U.S. Army
War College while Bouchat is also an adjunct professor
at the U.S. Army War College (USAWC)
The report, whose foreword was written by the Director,
Strategic Studies, Institute and U.S. Army War College
Press, Professor Douglas Lovelace, observed that
divisive forces were becoming more stronger than
uniting forces in Nigeria, warning that unless this was
reversed, Nigeria`s existence could be jeopardised.
According to the report, “Parochial interests created by
religious, cultural, ethnic, economic, regional, and
political secessionist tendencies are endemic in
Nigeria. Under such stresses, Nigerian unity may fail.
“Should Nigeria’s leaders mismanage the political
economy and reinforce centrifugal forces in Nigeria, the
breaks to create autonomous regions or independent
countries would likely occur along its previously
identified fault lines,” the report warned.
“Having already experienced one brutal civil war,
Nigeria is at risk for a recurrence of conflict or
dissolution, especially since some of the underpinning
motivations of the war remain unresolved,`` the report
observed, detailing many fault lines speeding up
disintegrative tendencies in the country.

“Indeed, East Timor, Eritrea, Croatia, and Somaliland
indicate that the weakest point of failing states is along
colonial borders. Of more interest for Nigerian unity is
that this may also occur between regions separately
administered by a common colonial power, as occurred
between Malaysia and Singapore, and North and South
Sudan, where differences proved irreconcilable after
the departure of British administration. At least, some
of the resulting regions and states of a possible
Nigerian devolution may divide along such internal
lines”, the report projected.

While conceding that Nigeria’s fate is primarily in the
hands of Nigerians, the report noted that such could be
positively affected by actions of the US, adding that
“Nigeria’s future is in balance and the United States
should help tip the scales.”

The report particularly warned that religious
differences were taking the centre-stage in the
emerging conflict situation in the country, disputing
repeated reports that economic reasons were to blame
for the insurgency and other conflicts in the country.

The Strategic Studies Institute (SSI) is part of the U.S.
Army War College and is the strategic-level study
agent for issues related to national security and
military strategy with emphasis on geostrategic
analysis.
[/b]
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by homerac7: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2013
this is very serious!

but wait o, am I the only one seeing the quote below?

While conceding that Nigeria’s fate is primarily in the
hands of Nigerians, the report noted that such could be
positively affected by actions of the US, adding that
Nigeria’s future is in balance and [size=32pt]the United States
should help tip the scales[/size]
.”
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by AbuMikey(m): 9:19am On Jul 21, 2013
The report particularly warned that religious
differences were taking the centre-stage in
the
emerging conflict situation in the country,
disputing
repeated reports that economic reasons were
to blame
for the insurgency and other conflicts in the
country.
Boko Boys Mata!
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rhino5dm: 9:22am On Jul 21, 2013
Very lovely! Can't wait to fence south west away from predators and parasites. cool

2 Likes

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by geeez: 9:25am On Jul 21, 2013
I choose not to comment on this
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Tolexander: 9:30am On Jul 21, 2013
Abu Mikey: Boko Boys Mata!
na only boko boys?

It refers to the religion fanatics that feel their religion is better that others now trying to demonstrate their stupidies.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by playmode(m): 9:35am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Very lovely! Can't wait to fence south west away from predators and parasites. cool

I am with you on that. wink
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Willy4Willy: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
How pleasant it will be to wake up and see no Yoruba around, i will be the happiest man on Earth. Thank you God for this day.

4 Likes

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by na2day(m): 9:37am On Jul 21, 2013
As if we don't know!

Ogun asotele ki npa aro,
Any wise person, should be making long term plans for the future,
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2013
homerac7: this is very serious!
That's it: GEJ Is done. The U.S will look the other way were the Military to carry out a successful coup in a "responsible manner" i.e kick out this thieving mor.on and installing an officer from his Region (Minority, South-South, Niger-Delta, Christian--- or any combination of those enumerations) which will satisfy the polity and dead any arguments of "Marginalization". P.S: to those supporting every evil GeJ commits because of their desire for vendetta based on the stories and/or lies that their parents have fed them; when the sun sets, we'll see who'll wake up in the morning.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rhino5dm: 9:41am On Jul 21, 2013
playmode:

I am with you on that. wink

I tell you . . .Imagine a world without pest, parasites and predators? cool #Nomoreloss

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by na2day(m): 9:41am On Jul 21, 2013
Willy4Willy:
How pleasant it will be to wake up and see no Yoruba around, i will be the happiest man on Earth. Thank you God for this day.

Are you sure you mean what you wrote above? shocked
Be careful what you wish for!

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 9:46am On Jul 21, 2013
I'm laughing at thieves waiting for abandoned property.
Let everyone pray that Nigeria weathers this storm. Infact I'm almost certain that Nigeria will.
JONA till 2019! cool
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by kkkp: 9:46am On Jul 21, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rhino5dm: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth: I'm laughing at thieves waiting for abandoned property.
Let everyone pray that Nigeria weathers this storm. Infact I'm almost certain that Nigeria will.
JONA till 2019! cool

Shut up!! Jona till 2019 as president of biafra. Anoufia,

na2day!:
As if we don't know!

Ogun asotele ki npa aro,
Any wise person, should be making long term plans for the future,

Bros, I sold everything I owned in other regions to the final pin and I think every descendant of Oduduwa still putting money elsewhere in Nigeria should have his DNA redrawn. Time to have a progressive country devoid of pest and parasites.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Shut up!! Jona till 2019 as president of biafra. Anoufia,

Bros, I sold everything I owned in other regions to the final pin and I think every descendant of Oduduwa still putting money elsewhere in Nigeria should have his DNA redrawn. Time to have a progressive country devoid of pest and parasites.

I love Nigeria, though I love Biafra too. cool So I won't mind Jona being our first presido. cool
So, Tinubu go be ya first presido? lmao.

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rhino5dm: 10:04am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

I love Nigeria, though I love Biafra too. cool So I won't mind Jona being our first presido. cool
So, Tinubu go be ya first presido? lmao.

Are you suffering from personality disorder? You can't have it both ways brother.

Tinubu is a great leader with brilliant leadership qualities, even though, he's a crook but who cares? Am fine with any necessary evil. I'd choose Tinubu over Jonathan anytime, a choice to make between the devil and the deep blue sea. cool
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by abu12: 10:05am On Jul 21, 2013
JONA till 2019! cool

Abandoned properties grin grin the ones ijaw people in portharcourt refused to hand over to biafra people after the war abi. You can aswell vote for jona till 2029 under SE-SS region, Not nigeria SS-SE can go with there retardeeen.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Are you suffering from personality disorder? You can't have it both ways brother.

Tinubu is a great leader with brilliant leadership qualities, even though, he's a crook but who cares? Am fine with any necessary evil. I'd choose Tinubu over Jonathan anytime, a choice to make between the devil and the deep blue sea.

You advise me to make up my mind while you are confused about your own leader? lmao.
At least my choice is better than yours: I get to choose between a potentially viable country (Nigeria) and an quintessential successful country (Biafra); while you choose between the devil and satan. LMAO. haha.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 21, 2013
None of that is new. All Nigerians are aware of everything written above.. angry angry
So what's their point
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 10:10am On Jul 21, 2013
abu12:

Abandoned properties grin grin the ones ijaw people in portharcourt refused to hand over to biafra people after the war abi. You can aswell vote for jona till 2029 under SE-SS region, Not nigeria SS-SE can go with there retardeeen.

Why una dey fear Jona so much sef? heh?
The man na good man. cool

I love naija sha, but I will take Biafra too. Happily. cool
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by kstyle2(m): 10:12am On Jul 21, 2013
*in 2baba's voice*....i hope i live 2 see my pple livin in harmony....lord na ur hand we dey,no let dis nation fall into well.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Willy4Willy: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2013
na2day!:

Are you sure you mean what you wrote above?
Be careful what you wish for!
Yes na2day i mean what i said,
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rhino5dm: 10:17am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

You advise me to make up my mind while you are confused about your own leader? lmao.
At least my choice is better than yours: I get to choose between a potentially viable country (Nigeria) and an quintessential successful country (Biafra); while you choose between the devil and satan. LMAO. haha.

Hapu 'nmaka! So the shithole called Nigeria is now a viable country? What are you smoking this morning?

Won't say anything about biafra yet, until after a decade of her existence. I shall be in my newly acquired VGC mansion left by the fleeing biafrans watching the Kalus and the Ubas fighting like sixers in terra nouva. LWKMD!!

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 10:23am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Hapu 'nmaka! So the shithole called Nigeria is now a viable country? What are you smoking this morning?

Won't say anything about biafra yet, until after a decade of her existence. I shall be in my newly acquired VGC mansion left by the fleeing biafrans watching the Kalus and the Ubas fighting like sixers in terra nouva. LWKMD!!

The Biafrans you know today is really not the same as those of 1967.
Omo na my rottweiler go collect ya nyash if you near my VGC property. cool
If you somehow survive that, you meet my carbine. cool
Somehow I don't think it would ever get to that though.

Yes I believe Nigeria will weather any storm. It is viable. cool

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 21, 2013
JONA till 2019! cool
Ah, oga onlylies the deposed eze of NL u still dey alive? U never die yet? I thought by now ur hate would've sent u to the hereafter. How come u been missing in action? We're u in exile? Cabbie biz no pay enough for Internet bills? Anyhow sha, welcome back u unbridled hate and ignorance has been sorely missed.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 21, 2013
The report particularly warned that
religious
differences were taking the centre-stage in
the
emerging conflict situation in the country,
disputing
repeated reports that economic reasons
were
to blame
for the insurgency and other conflicts in
the
country.

Very true...

Even intra religious discrimination constitute a factor; The other day, I read about how a church leader warned his church members not to marry from another denomination outside theirs...

In islam, Once upon a time, two groups of muslims were throwing stones at each other fiercely, simply because they disagreed on time of prayers.

TRIBALISM:

So ubiquitous, in ministries and parastatals, law makers chambers, compounds, on the buses, in the hospitals. All nooks and crannies.

Until we get rid of religious sentiment and tribalism, civil war is imminent.

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Maidoki14(m): 10:29am On Jul 21, 2013
Some of my igbo frnds will prefer to be hausa is dis divisive tin happpen.men igbo boys go change nationality i swear.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Effwazobia: 10:29am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

My man, no disrespect to you, but be rest assured that the southwest, particularly Lagos will not be what it is now once Nigeria ceases to be. Better checkup the fact on who makes Lagos boom. I am with you thou on wishing that Nigeria will disintegrate, I can't wait for Nigeria to breakup, although I've got concerns about all the investments my people don make for una land. By the way, it is "Hapu m aka", and not "Hapu 'nmaka".

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rooneyboy(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2013
Willy4Willy:

U no well ooo !

I guess u are hausa

Do u think u guys can survive without the south

#AN INNOCENT QUESTION #
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2013
kingoflag: Ah, oga onlylies the deposed eze of NL u still dey alive? U never die yet? I thought by now ur hate would've sent u to the hereafter. How come u been missing in action? We're u in exile? Cabbie biz no pay enough for Internet bills? Anyhow sha, welcome back u unbridled hate and ignorance has been sorely missed.

I took a break from oafs and louts like you. Nairaland was beginning to degrade my IQ, so I left.
I can still leave again tomorrow.
I really hope you would preach to yourself and your brothers who are teaching Nigerians a new paradigm of hate because of GEJ. I pity the poor dude.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Effwazobia: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

The Biafrans you know today is really not the same as those of 1967.
Omo na my rottweiler go collect ya nyash if you near my VGC property. cool
If you somehow survive that, you meet my carbine. cool
Somehow I don't think it would ever get to that though.

Yes I believe Nigeria will weather any storm. It is viable. cool

Nwanne, I really hope that it doesn't weather the storm. It's about that time we fracture this entity. It ain't working. Marginalization plenty

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Major Nigerian News Media And Their Political Affiliations / Jonathan Failed Igbos! / 2015: Apc Should Field A Christian Presidential Cadidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.