Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! (2457 Views)

Beware Of Another Civil War, US Report Warns Nigeria / Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola / Lucky Boko Haram Survivor Warns Nigeria..(Photo & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rhino5dm: 10:33am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

The Biafrans you know today is really not the same as those of 1967.
Omo na my rottweiler go collect ya nyash if you near my VGC property. cool
If you somehow survive that, you meet my carbine. cool
Somehow I don't think it would ever get to that though.

Yes I believe Nigeria will weather any storm. It is viable. cool

Ha ha ha ha ha. . .I no fit shout! - I have 2 German Shepards oooo. Walahi, they can devour a mid size goat within seconds.

But on a serious note - I think splitting Nigeria is the best thing to do. Whichever way, violently or peaceful, though am more inclined towards the peaceful dissolution. Nigerian project won't work. Talking from experience, not from a motel somewhere is Texas serving cappuccino and flipping burgers like you shocked grin cool
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by abu12: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

Why una dey fear Jona so much sef? heh?
The man na good man. cool

I love naija sha, but I will take Biafra too. Happily. cool

No normal human being will see a mad man or slowpoke and stay with him under same roof like Jonathan
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2013
Effwazobia:

Nwanne, I really hope that it doesn't weather the storm. It's about that time we fracture this entity. It ain't working. Marginalization plenty

Nwanne I understand everything you said, honestly. It just that I know that Nigeria can be a world power if calm heads rule. Nigeria has made HUGE progress since 1999, and it has been because Nigeria's presidency has stayed in the hands of southerners. My greatest fear in Nigeria is STAGNATION that comes with each Northern rule. Under Northern rule Nigeria has never moved an inch forward.
Just see the number of roads and other infrastructure springing up all over the south in Nigeria, while northern governors are busy marrying 13 year old girls and scheming to get power back in 2015.
My honest belief is that what will disintegrate Nigeria is stagnation and retrogression caused by Northern rule.
Nothing else will.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rooneyboy(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

You advise me to make up my mind while you are confused about your own leader? lmao.
At least my choice is better than yours: I get to choose between a potentially viable country (Nigeria) and an quintessential successful country (Biafra); while you choose between the devil and satan. LMAO. haha.

grin grin grin grin grin

Sitting on the fence , watching as things unfold.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Philipsdael(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2013
SS, SW, SE can coexist cos they share some common phenomenoms like the lifestyle and respect for human-life,,,,,, also majority practise christianity and the few from S.west that may be muslims are not fanatics infact sources reveals that intermarriages are most common at the southern regions of Nigeria than the cows that isolate their self at the north....
(my Dad originated from Osun and my Mom is from Imo-state) i've lived in both states and experienced good level of coexistance.
cows can blast me if they like i've only said ma mind

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2013
Me i go like am oo, becos abandoned properties go boku well well!!!
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rooneyboy(m): 10:44am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Ha ha ha ha ha. . .I no fit shout! - I have 2 German Shepards oooo. Walahi, they can devour a mid size goat within seconds.

But on a serious note - I think splitting Nigeria is the best thing to do. Whichever way, violently or peaceful, though am more inclined towards the peaceful dissolution. Nigerian project won't work. Talking from experience, not from a motel somewhere is Texas serving cappuccino and flipping burgers like you shocked grin cool

I'm with u on the bolded
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by solomon111(m): 10:44am On Jul 21, 2013
Everybody from the back-water regions of the SW will start claiming lagos.
Lol.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 10:47am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

grin
The truth is that Nigeria is the greatest country on the African continent. Really she is!
I can see Nigeria doing great things for Africans and Africa. Without Nigeria, Africa is lost.
Our problem as Africans is HUGE and need a BIG African country to solve.

As for your last sentence, have you EVER seen a burger flipper with my class and choice of written English? cool

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by abu12: 10:48am On Jul 21, 2013
Maidoki14: Some of my igbo frnds will prefer to be hausa is dis divisive tin happpen.men igbo boys go change nationality i swear.

Walahi most ibo people will denied their people, they will prefer to be slave in the north and south west, many won't go back. They are a*sslicka many will betrayed -nsincere9geria
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2013
abu12:

Walahi most ibo people will denied their people, they will prefer to be slave in the north and south west, many won't go back. They are a*sslicka many will betrayed -nsincere9geria

You people keep forgetting that Igbo remains the ONLY major nation in Nigeria that fought a civil war to leave.
That urge has not died at all.
GEJ is helping to keep Igbo hearts in Nigeria. FACT.

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Effwazobia: 10:54am On Jul 21, 2013
abu12:

Trust me ain't no Igbo man denying thier people. We are proud people and very proud of where we come from. You can tell how proud we are from even reading this tread. Beat it bruh, don't be mad that you can't be like us

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rhino5dm: 10:58am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

grin
The truth is that Nigeria is the greatest country on the African continent. Really she is!
I can see Nigeria doing great things for Africans and Africa. Without Nigeria, Africa is lost.
Our problem as Africans is HUGE and need a BIG African country to solve.

As for your last sentence, have you EVER seen a burger flipper with my class and choice of written English? cool

Well, I wish Nigeria could actually work or something. But we are just too lazy and backward, consoling each other with crab mentality. Look at the stupíd senator marrying a toddler in the name of religion in 2013.

@Bold:
. . .But you should know say na play I dey play now. How can Eze Ndigbo, Igwe Gborugboru 1 of Nairaland flip burger? Arlu!!!
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 11:12am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Well, I wish Nigeria could actually work or something. But we are just too lazy and backward, consoling each other with crab mentality. Look at the stupíd senator marrying a toddler in the name of religion in 2013.

@Bold:
. . .But you should know say na play I dey play now. How can Eze Ndigbo, Igwe Gborugboru 1 of Nairaland flip burger? Arlu!!!

hehe @bolded. grin
Look, I believe that PATIENCE is the key in Nigeria. I honestly don't care where the next president comes from, but he/she MUST NOT keep us standing still. He must move us forward, else trouble dey.
Whether you accept it or not, we are actually moving forward in Nigeria. FACT.
Jona is not without faults, but at least he allows us to practice democracy and stay out of state elections making it possible for opposition to win some states, thereby allowing competition in development. To me that is an achievement.
Even baba Iyabo moved Nigeria forward by prioritizing expenditure like paying off our debts, instead of sponsoring some state sponsored pilgrimage and other jamboree.
So, to me we are moving forward slowly.
What I would hate is someone coming to drag us back again. Thats all.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by abu12: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

You people keep forgetting that Igbo remains the ONLY major nation in Nigeria that fought a civil war to leave.
That urge has not died at all.
GEJ is helping to keep Igbo hearts in Nigeria. FACT.

Yea @bold that is more reason we want to kick the clueless one out and let see if biafra will be actualised, we pray you guys use this opportunity now if You don't want to repeat 1967.

But truth be told NEPOTISM, TRIBALISM has eaten deep in our bold even down to our communities.
This can only be minimised by disintegration of nija, if not everybody would want to be on a revenge mission I mean MARGINAlISATION
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2013
abu12:

What exactly are u saying
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2013
abu12:

Yea @bold that is more reason we want to kick the clueless one out and let see if biafra will be actualised, we pray you guys use this opportunity now if You don't want to repeat 1967.

But truth be told NEPOTISM, TRIBALISM has eaten deep in our bold even down to our communities.
This can only be minimised by disintegration of nija, if not everybody would want to be on a revenge mission I mean MARGINAlISATION

Me sef dey eye INTEGRATION of West Africa into one nation. cool
Nigerian states should be disintegrated, and LGAs should become the next level of government, while Nigeria should because a West African state; i.e a state inside the West African Federation. cool
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Rhino5dm: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

hehe @bolded. grin
Look, I believe that PATIENCE is the key in Nigeria. I honestly don't care where the next president comes from, but he/she MUST NOT keep us standing still. He must move us forward, else trouble dey.
Whether you accept it or not, we are actually moving forward in Nigeria. FACT.
Jona is not without faults, but at least he allows us to practice democracy and stay out of state elections making it possible for opposition to win some states, thereby allowing competition in development. To me that is an achievement.
Even baba Iyabo moved Nigeria forward by prioritizing expenditure like paying off our debts, instead of sponsoring some state sponsored pilgrimage and other jamboree.
So, to me we are moving forward slowly.
What I would hate is someone coming to drag us back again. Thats all.

cool cool cool cool
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Willy4Willy: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

But on a serious note - I think splitting Nigeria is the best thing to do. Whichever way, violently or peaceful, though am more inclined towards the peaceful dissolution. Nigerian project won't work.
Nice, this is the best comment you have ever made, Nigeria is almost finished we should work more harder to finish her off.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Effwazobia: 11:40am On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nwanne I understand everything you said, honestly. It just that I know that Nigeria can be a world power if calm heads rule. Nigeria has made HUGE progress since 1999, and it has been because Nigeria's presidency has stayed in the hands of southerners. My greatest fear in Nigeria is STAGNATION that comes with each Northern rule. Under Northern rule Nigeria has never moved an inch forward.
Just see the number of roads and other infrastructure springing up all over the south in Nigeria, while northern governors are busy marrying 13 year old girls and scheming to get power back in 2015.
My honest belief is that what will disintegrate Nigeria is stagnation and retrogression caused by Northern rule.
Nothing else will.

I totally agree with you that we have made huge progress since 99. I also agree that Nigeria can be a world power if calm heads can rule. The fact of the matter is that we are too different from the Northerners. Here is my concern though, when power gets back to the north (it will, its only a matter of when), it will never leave the north. Not even a Yoruba man will rule us again. Remember that the Northerners detest OBJ with a passion. They feel betrayed by him because they believe he orchestrated the whole Jonathan deal. I can assure you that when the power gets up north, it ain't never coming down. I can't believe that you are talking one Nigeria with all the marginalizations we've got going. Marginalizations such as only 5 states (meaning improper representation in the house of reps and senate), no international airport (despite us being the most travelled), no second niger bridge despite the current stress level and wear and tear on the present niger bridge. I agree that Jonathan is trying, but when he leaves and power goes back North, then what happens to us. My brother, if you don't know it, make you know am now, our people go suffer for fully supporting Jonathan during the last election. You are going to see marginalization like never before if that man leaves while the entity called Nigeria is still existing.

Besides all that, our idiologies are different. Look how they voted on the child marriage motion. Only 2 southern senators voted yes out of the 35 senators. The remaining 33 senators that that voted yay were northern senators. We are just too different. Although, I will love Biafra to be an independent nation, but at the very least we can fracture this entity to the level of Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria. I trully believe southerners can coexist (although it is not going to be a perfect coexistence). At least I have not lost any of my relatives to westerners, however, in the last 20 years, I have lost 3 relatives along with tons of their investments to the North. So be careful on what you wish. It is in the interest of the Igbo man for Jonathen to break or trigger the breakaway from the North. I appreciate your response by the way
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Gbawe1: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2013
What is written below is certainly true and even Nairaland characteristically bear testimony to it. I just simply think people should be careful what they wish for. They should go and dispassionately observe the innate nature and character of those who have developed functionally great nations and do a very honest comparison of themselves to those people. It is not about being emotionally childish and irresponsible in asking for a situation you are not at all prepared for when your real and on-the-ground disposition show you may not at all be suited to making the best of such.

The report, whose foreword was written by the Director, Strategic Studies, Institute and U.S. Army War College
Press, Professor Douglas Lovelace, observed that divisive forces were becoming more stronger than uniting forces in Nigeria, warning that unless this was reversed, Nigeria`s existence could be jeopardised.

I personally believe in the unity of Nigeria because, juxtaposed with the reality of the world today and what serious nations concern themselves with currently and strategize for, it obvious we only need sincere leaders who will be 'enablers' supervising the provision of a just and true federalism that will ensure every state/region can thrive and implement developmental ideas unimpeded by a gradualist, conservative or detrimentally self-serving and deceptive divide-an-conquer centre.

That said, I ultimately harbour no fear whatsoever for the Yorubas if Nigeria breaks up. It will be obvious to those who are erudite, dedicated scholars, truthfully detribalized and into honest self-assessment and self-development that the Yorubas have everything needed to thrive as a nation.

Whether it is the ability to coexist peacefully, be socially tolerant and inclusive or host a rich/strong culture its own people find fulfilling to geographical considerations/advantages, the concept of brokering peace/societal harmony through diplomacy and tolerance, natural endowment and human development index, I think Yorubas will be more than OK.

Others who do not have a capacity to introspect honestly, to the extent of noting innate challenges, current limitations and real social/societal/existential proclivities of their own people can continue to be loudest at welcoming the break-up of Nigeria which may bring fractious chaos most will simply be overwhelmed by and unable to deal with even as they hankered for it the most.

We should all be thinking of coming together to force leaders to deliver a peaceful solution that will enable all of us to thrive while we remain cordial, accommodating and neighbourly.

We can ignore the looting of leaders from all ethnic groups, the real cause of our woes, and fail to grow wise enough to counter the patronising divide-and-conquer antics they initiate to cover such looting that we all react to daily on this forum and on the ground.

Ignoring such to then continue insisting on making ordinary Nigerians from other ethnic groups our enemy to the extent of simplistically continuing to infer we will become fine overnight once separated from them, leaves my own personal message to be that everyone of us should begin rising above childishness and sentiment to look honestly and realistically at our own strengths, limitations and weaknesses.

This is so that we will remember, once the worst has happened and we are struggling to coalesce into an effective and functional nation, the issues we individually and collectively ignored while beating the drums of "separation" loudest.

1 Like

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by AbuMikey(m): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Tolexander: na only boko boys?

It refers to the religion fanatics that feel their religion is better that others now trying to demonstrate their stupidies.
I read this Piece of trash 5-times and still could not comprehend what you trying to spew out.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by OlumegbonMutair: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
I am a practising Muslim and a typical Yoruba but 100% Nigerian.In as much as i acknowledge individual`s feelings,i never wish Nigeria`s dis-intergration.Come to think of it,do you people think South-South will go with Biafra incase the country dis integrate?
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Effwazobia: 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
OlumegbonMutair: I am a practising Muslim and a typical Yoruba but 100% Nigerian.In as much as i acknowledge individual`s feelings,i never wish Nigeria`s dis-intergration.Come to think of it,do you people think South-South will go with Biafra incase the country dis integrate?

May be, or may be not. I don't see the reasons why they wouldn't want to come along. After all we have waaay too many Igbos that are also South southerners. They are all over Delta, Akwaibom, Rivers state. In addition, we haven't done them wrong in anyform. Regardless if they come along with us or not, this much I know, at the very least we need to cut off the north. I personally do not have a problem with westerners or south southerners. The problem wey I get na Northerners.

But I can assure you that the average s. southerners no like northerners. I know this because Akwa Ibom state na my maternal home. Hence I've got too many cousin and relatives in that state that complain about how the north don steal all their resources with nothing to show. Even oil wells wey dey there in Akwa Ibom belongs to Northernes. So the Igbos are not the enemies to the SS. They know who the real enemy is
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Tolexander: 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
Abu Mikey: I read this Piece of trash 5-times and still could not comprehend what you trying to spew out.
that means your brain is a lilliputian compared to a an housefly's brain for reading and trying to comprehend a nonsense posted even up to the 5th time.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by ChimaAdeoye: 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
While i must thank America for its concern,there is really no need to waste American resources or time trying to keep the unworkable, fundamentally irreconcilable peoples together in one hellish country.

Even if America elects to play the role the British played almost 50 years ago to help preserve Nigeria's unity,the urge to cheat and have an unbalanced federation will make whoever are the victors to carry on as if they could suppress freedom of others forever.Consequently,like the British,they will realize they have made fundamental error of judgement after the coming civil war. In other words,Nigeria is eternally condemned to disintegrate at some point in history, because its leaders and politicians would rather divide its peoples than find a way to key all equal under the same flag.

Nigeria therefore must be allowed to its destiny to die a natural death from injustice and hate.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Ogbonaikenna(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth, i've lost the respect i used to have for you due to your rubbish one nigeria stand. I think you are another zik in our mist and needs to be caged. You are a disgrace to the eze ndigbo seat.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by kettykin: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Onlytruth, i've lost the respect i used to have for you due to your rubbish one nigeria stand. I think you are another zik in our mist and needs to be caged. You are a disgrace to the eze ndigbo seat.
@ogbonnaikenna possibly your opinion of a divided Nigeria is premised on the wrong opinion that igbos are marginalized this opinion which has been bandied by some disgruntled politicians has refused to stand the test of time as statistics from university intake and admission into the elite unity school have shown. If Nigeria was to be compared to a football league with the different tribes as league players then igbos are on top of the league and in control of the game.
I kind of have sn opinion that need not abandon a game they are in control of provided that there is a level playing field. Today in Nigeria as it was in the 60s igbos now dominate the sports , movies, business, owners of the best newspaper thisday, the best banks zenith, produce best man power/ human capital , have control ling property sharein abuja and lagos. What igbos need to do is to consolidate their control of all sectors of the nigerian economy, divest investment to the east and Niger delta and keep watching the Nigeria melodrama from a safe distance as it unfolds.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Ogbonaikenna(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
kettykin:
@ogbonnaikenna possibly your opinion of a divided Nigeria is premised on the wrong opinion that igbos are marginalized this opinion which has been bandied by some disgruntled politicians has refused to stand the test of time as statistics from university intake and admission into the elite unity school have shown. If Nigeria was to be compared to a football league with the different tribes as league players then igbos are on top of the league and in control of the game.
I kind of have sn opinion that need not abandon a game they are in control of provided that there is a level playing field. Today in Nigeria as it was in the 60s igbos now dominate the sports , movies, business, owners of the best newspaper thisday, the best banks zenith, produce best man power/ human capital , have control ling property sharein abuja and lagos. What igbos need to do is to consolidate their control of all sectors of the nigerian economy, divest investment to the east and Niger delta and keep watching the Nigeria melodrama from a safe distance as it unfolds.
when we Biafrans are suppose to be on the same par with the america and europe? Why concentrate our time and effort in playing hausa and yoruba politics when we have better things to think about? I just don't understand. Whenever i watch CNN and see the level of development in america, i blame lord lugard for mixing us with retrogressive minds from the north and SW.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by ballabriggs: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
They want to fight another war. MUHEHEHEHEHE cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

People wey never know wia dem dey.

As my people talk, "Nwa mkpi n'agba ahuonu, onyeweya n'agakwa ahuonu". "Esi ahia, anyi ga ma onye ga pun ibeya aga ahia".

MUHEHEHEHE When the war come una eye go clear. ANIMALS!!!!
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Onlytruth(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Onlytruth, i've lost the respect i used to have for you due to your rubbish one nigeria stand. I think you are another zik in our mist and needs to be caged. You are a disgrace to the eze ndigbo seat.

Nwanne ihe nwata huru wee n'eti mkpu, okenye huru ihe ahu ma suo ude gba nkiti.
Some of our people have not really sat down to look at CURRENT Nigeria and where things stand today.
Our brother kettykin captured it well.
The whole truth is that Nigeria derailed after 1966. Nigeria pre-Jan 1966 was great and growing to greatness.
I believe that we are back to that era again.

The great Shaka Zulu said that "if the leopard is offered wings, he would be a fool to reject them".
Umu Igbo are the leopards of Africa, and Nigeria is our wings. cool
It is well my brother. cool
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
Onlytruth:

I took a break from oafs and louts like you. Nairaland was beginning to degrade my IQ, so I left.
I can still leave again tomorrow.
I really hope you would preach to yourself and your brothers who are teaching Nigerians a new paradigm of hate because of GEJ. I pity the poor dude.
yes, Christian Amanpour and that Ghanaian Professor also "hate" GEJ becus they are Yoruba and APC members.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015: Operation Deny GEJ 25% Northern Votes / Jonathan Failed Igbos! / Buhari’s Certificate: Attacks Backfire On Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.