Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! (2459 Views)

Beware Of Another Civil War, US Report Warns Nigeria / Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola / Lucky Boko Haram Survivor Warns Nigeria..(Photo & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by ayobase(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2013
Nigerians can't try it, forget all these scratchings from Boko Harams and the talks from those fools....nobody is ready to surface and lead, everybody is hiding and doing..NO EFFRONTERY...we can never survive another civil war in this Nation....with this, DIVISION is hard!

Its never gonna happen, so USA shouldn't even keep reminding us of a projected seeming temptation (fall) we can't think about.

I thought some experts were sent from USA some months back to curb Boko Haram
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Effwazobia: 8:42am On Jul 23, 2013
kettykin:
@ogbonnaikenna possibly your opinion of a divided Nigeria is premised on the wrong opinion that igbos are marginalized this opinion which has been bandied by some disgruntled politicians has refused to stand the test of time as statistics from university intake and admission into the elite unity school have shown. If Nigeria was to be compared to a football league with the different tribes as league players then igbos are on top of the league and in control of the game.
I kind of have sn opinion that need not abandon a game they are in control of provided that there is a level playing field. Today in Nigeria as it was in the 60s igbos now dominate the sports , movies, business, owners of the best newspaper thisday, the best banks zenith, produce best man power/ human capital , have control ling property sharein abuja and lagos. What igbos need to do is to consolidate their control of all sectors of the nigerian economy, divest investment to the east and Niger delta and keep watching the Nigeria melodrama from a safe distance as it unfolds.

My brother with all due respect accorded to you. Anybody, that suggests that Nigeria needs to be together is tremendouly benefiting from this union at the expense of the majority. We ain't running jack. To suggest that somehow we are in control of or dominate all the sectors in Nigeria is "pure illusion". You claim that we control banks and a vast array of sectors. You metioned Zenith. On what basis did you come to that conclusion? on the top management list, there is only one Igbo man (Amangbo). So how did you come to the conclusion that we run the best bank? Are you refering to the floor staffs (non decision makers)? If that is the case, then we are only running things on the surface. Based on that our control of the banking sector lacks dept. As far as I know, there are only two banks that we control (Diamond and Fidelity). The rest are controlled by Yorubas. We lost all our control after the war. So all these rhetorics about us in control is not backed up by the facts on ground. Then you assert, that we dominate businesses. Yes I agree, but small businesses. How on earth do we produce the best man power and human capital? Coporate Nigeria run by Yorubas hardly employ Igbos. The face of coporate Nigeria is Yoruba. If you doubt me, do a research on what tribe is in charge of banking, accounting, legal, insurance, manufacturing, consumer products, pharmaceaticals, oil and gas. I am reffering to the key decision makers. Not floor staff. Then on the government side (ie civil service), the Housas are in control, if you doubt that also go to Abuja and see who is running those secretariats. So what we really control is scrumbs. Now that is what I call marginalization. If you really care to know, here are some real hard coded facts.
Out of 6 zones only southeast has 5 states, others have 6 & 7

Out of 6 zones only southeast has 15 senators, others have upto 21

Out of 6 zones only southeast has 95 LGAs while others have upto 186

Out of 6 zones only southeast has 43 fed. Constituencies, others have upto 92

The worst of all, southeast recieves about N85 billion monthly as federal allocation when others recieve upto N285 Billion as at May, 2013

So to somehow suggest that we are not marginalized, that we are in control on all the sectors in Nigeria is ludicrous. Now these are the reason why I keep screeming that we need breakaway from the effed up entity called Nigeria, and Eze ndi Igbo on Nairaland is telling me one Nigeria. Mehn EffNigeria. I know if might seem like I am pandering to the Yorubas. I am only stating the facts on ground. We really need to break away, because even some of our elite educated folks don't even see how marginalized we are.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2013
ayobase: Nigerians can't try it, forget all these scratchings from Boko Harams and the talks from those fools....nobody is ready to surface and lead, everybody is hiding and doing..NO EFFRONTERY...we can never survive another civil war in this Nation....with this, DIVISION is hard!

Its never gonna happen, so USA shouldn't even keep reminding us of a projected seeming temptation (fall) we can't think about.

I thought some experts were sent from USA some months back to curb Boko Haram

Im pretty sure Liberians, Sierra Leoneans and Rwandans thought the same thing until they started hacking each other's limbs off and neighbors turned on neighbors and started offing each other in scenes that made Mafia wars look like fights between two pretty blond headed 5yr olds on a playground.
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2013
Effwazobia:

My brother with all due respect accorded to you. Anybody, that suggests that Nigeria needs to be together is tremendouly benefiting from this union at the expense of the majority. We ain't running jack. To suggest that somehow we are in control of or dominate all the sectors in Nigeria is "pure illusion". You claim that we control banks and a vast array of sectors. You metioned Zenith. On what basis did you come to that conclusion? on the top management list, there is only one Igbo man (Amangbo). So how did you come to the conclusion that we run the best bank? Are you refering to the floor staffs (non decision makers)? If that is the case, then we are only running things on the surface. Based on that our control of the banking sector lacks dept. As far as I know, there are only two banks that we control (Diamond and Fidelity). The rest are controlled by Yorubas. We lost all our control after the war. So all these rhetorics about us in control is not backed up by the facts on ground. Then you assert, that we dominate businesses. Yes I agree, but small businesses. How on earth do we produce the best man power and human capital? Coporate Nigeria run by Yorubas hardly employ Igbos. The face of coporate Nigeria is Yoruba. If you doubt me, do a research on what tribe is in charge of banking, accounting, legal, insurance, manufacturing, consumer products, pharmaceaticals, oil and gas. I am reffering to the key decision makers. Not floor staff. Then on the government side (ie civil service), the Housas are in control, if you doubt that also go to Abuja and see who is running those secretariats. So what we really control is scrumbs. Now that is what I call marginalization. If you really care to know, here are some real hard coded facts.
Out of 6 zones only southeast has 5 states, others have 6 & 7

Out of 6 zones only southeast has 15 senators, others have upto 21

Out of 6 zones only southeast has 95 LGAs while others have upto 186

Out of 6 zones only southeast has 43 fed. Constituencies, others have upto 92

The worst of all, southeast recieves about N85 billion monthly as federal allocation when others recieve upto N285 Billion as at May, 2013

So to somehow suggest that we are not marginalized, that we are in control on all the sectors in Nigeria is ludicrous. Now these are the reason why I keep screeming that we need breakaway from the effed up entity called Nigeria, and Eze ndi Igbo on Nairaland is telling me one Nigeria. Mehn EffNigeria. I know if might seem like I am pandering to the Yorubas. I am only stating the facts on ground. We really need to break away, because even some of our elite educated folks don't even see how marginalized we are.

And why should the South East--- as small as it is--- get equal states in relation to a zone as big in land mass as, say, the North?
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by Effwazobia: 9:11am On Jul 23, 2013
kingoflag:

And why should the South East--- as small as it is--- get equal states in relation to a zone as big in land mass as, say, the North?

Are you serious, or you just want to act a fool? You really believe that the South East is small or are you just bluffing?
Re: U.S Report Warns Nigeria To Be Beware Of Another Civil War ! by ayobase(m): 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
kingoflag:

Im pretty sure Liberians, Sierra Leoneans and Rwandans thought the same thing until they started hacking each other's limbs off and neighbors turned on neighbors and started offing each other in scenes that made Mafia wars look like fights between two pretty blond headed 5yr olds on a playground.

ask those Countries to think of another war again!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South West? / Video Of Buhari Speech Being Read Out By A Rep At AU Summit / Ebonyi Assembly Suspends The Minority Leader, Honourable Maria Ude Nwachi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.