Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Stage Fright..your Personal Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stage Fright..your Personal Experience (900 Views)

Stage Fright / What's Your 'personal' Definition Of Nairaland? / Stage Fright: How To Overcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stage Fright..your Personal Experience by mrlongtin31: 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
A lot of you must have pass thru this process, some may have not.yes I mean the feelings and jittery nature you get when you want to adress a crowd, it can be worst with shaky lips, feet, shortness of breath and lack of words..but the question I want to ask is what is the actual cause of it, and those of you who have pass thru this experience how were you able to overcome this monester feelings and is their any health issue related to this..I believe if we are all informed we have have a headway on this issue..tnx
Re: Stage Fright..your Personal Experience by dominique(f): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
Some people just don't find it easy to face a large crowd, nothing more to it. Constant practice of whatever you have to say can give you an advantage.
Re: Stage Fright..your Personal Experience by Emmyk(m): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
All is having stage fright.. Even if you're an orator...
But defo, the level differs.

As a mass communication student, I'll role in few tips to conquer limit your stage fright.

Take the audience as your friends. See them as your mates. Do not be pre-ocupied with the thought that they are your superior...even if they are!

Look at their head, not their eyes.

Better preparation prevents poor performance. Make such you do your research well! Practice infront of your mirror.

And know about rhethorics and diction, dont go their speaking big grammars,a good speaker speaks to express, not impress.

Get your facts and figures right!

Get to the ocassion early.

You dont need to be moving your eyes all around looking at everybody, if you dont have the balls to look at their heads, look for two or 3people in the crowd that you'll look at constantly, from different angles.

Move around the stage...if you stay on one spot, people will notice your vibration..lolcheesy

If your hands are shaking, raise 'em up and gesticulate. cheesy

Take a pause while you talk, letting your message to be digested.. Dont rush things up.

Take a very deep breath as you mount the podium.

That's all.

Lol. I remember our first presentation @100level. I was the first to be called out. Wahala!

I started well, buh at the middle. Fear catch me cheesy. I had the book in my hand to read out ooh. Buh I didnt even look at it again, my legs were so shaking. cheesycheesy. Yeeeeeeh. I ended the speech midway sha.

If the first tip I gave wont work, kuku see the crowd as inferior...and you are their superior. So why fear when talking to your servants
Re: Stage Fright..your Personal Experience by rash47(m): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2013
^^ great.

Atimes,I usually think the problem is biological.
Re: Stage Fright..your Personal Experience by UjSizzle(f): 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Shaky hands at first, but the longer i stood and talked, the more my confidence grew.
Re: Stage Fright..your Personal Experience by BYXplicit(m): 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
Menhhh mine was not easy..it was my first presentation, dat was in my 2nd year in d university..the worst is all the girls I have been toasting and yet to toast were all there...wen it came to my turn I stood up and began the presentation then GBAM I lost it..I became so nervous and could not talk could not even open the book I felt totally embarrassed....but I don't knw if its something that can be worked on by steady practice or its biological...

@op 9ice post.
Re: Stage Fright..your Personal Experience by Gboliwe: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
I used to be jittery and stammer incohently. That was then, today, I just paste my 'how are you' smile and I notice that majority of the audience try to smile back at me and that settles it for me. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Policeman Caught On Camera Demanding Bribe Dismissed / SHOCKER: Goat In Court To Face Man Who Had Sex With Her(look) / Why Have Snakes Not Gone On Extinction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.