Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? (11349 Views)

White Man Urinating In Public In Lagos (photos) / Lifeless Body Of An Elderly Man Along Airport Road Ikeja [photos] / Who Would You Stand For Among The Following People And Give Your Reasons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Wendyslim(f): 8:55am On Jul 23, 2013
B_B013: Did that once and regretted ever doing so..I vowed never to again even if he/she is dying I would ignore
. Why are u so harsh? Wat is our youths turning into. sMH
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by MacLovington(m): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2013
Egba girl: Most times I do but there are times when I'm lost in my own world that it doesn't really hit me that there's an elderly person standing and I should get up for them. But I def try to whenever I can.

Though not in NAIJA (I don't use public transport when visiting) I do for different people. The very young, very old, preggy, physically challenged etc.

Lots of the youth are a disgrace. They just sit there chatting and don't give a monkey's.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Orikinla(m): 9:25am On Jul 23, 2013
I always obliged to stand up for them when I was growing up in Lagos city.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by globalwaly(m): 9:26am On Jul 23, 2013
Let me think if i can remember the last time i did that.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by nestaAK(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2013
koredex4love: Not just for an elderly person but also to pregnant women and nursing women backing a baby.I do this regularly in brt no matter how Idressed.
that's
pretty much it
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by tomzman: 10:25am On Jul 23, 2013
drake2:

This ain't ur original idea, is it?
seems u watch alot of free chinese TV on Strong Decoder. That was where I saw ds stuff, but u posted it as if u originated d thought ; WHY?
I don't understand what you are talking about. I didn't need to watch any TV station to observe that. It happens everyday in Lagos and elsewhere. I just thought about the idea and decided to open a thread on it. Ok?
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by drake2(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2013
tomzman:
I don't understand what you are talking about. I didn't need to watch any TV station to observe that. It happens everyday in Lagos and elsewhere. I just thought about the idea and decided to open a thread on it. Ok?

Ok
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mapet: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2013
I've just done it this morning.

I stood up for an old woman on Bus 181 (Blue Line-Ikorodu Road - TBS route) this morning.

It's what we're taught in Moral Education in school days (our cultural values aside) cool
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by tohirah(f): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2013
Yes,I do. but when I'm tired; I dnt
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Godson201333(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2013
Caracta: I've done that several times. I feel uncomfortable when I see them standing up while I sit pretty. Gosh! I can't stand it.

And for little children, I just let them sit on my laps or I adjust my sitting position to accommodate them. It's a great feeling.

Oh wow thats good,I know that you are a lady with good heart grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by kolamilan(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2013
i only allow ladies to sit on my lap. wink
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by hardbody: 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
No I do not. I don't use public transports. However, if i did use, chances are i will stand up for an elderly man and a pregnant woman to seat. But if the elderly man claims it as of right or is cantankerous, i will retain my seat. On the other hand, no matter how terrible an attitude the pregnant woman has, i will still give her my seat. Her attitude could all be because ofthe child in her womb, who knows, she might be carrying Nigerian president yet to be.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by born9ice: 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
sorry, I WONT.cant they see that the bus is full and wait for the next bus.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by SaintChukz(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
I always do it and even feel good at it. Just recently i showed such a favour to an elderly woman and i even did one better by also paying her TF.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Deepfreezer(m): 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
Do unto others. As u would want men do to you. Yes I do. Cos some day I will grow old. Bless.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by richt75: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
It's a good thing but in China they will wait for few more minutes before sitting. Racial things and such burns my heart and most times I frown and never want to look to their direction .
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by drake2(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
richt75: It's a good thing but in China they will wait for few more minutes before sitting. Racial things and such burns my heart and most times I frown and never want to look to their direction .

Many thanks, I enjoyed d program on cctv? but d op posted it as if it was his original idea
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by swstest(f): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ofcus its usd 2me. Wen u respct elderly ones, u pass a msg dt u respct ur parnts too. Treat dem d way u wld wnt odas 2treat ur own parnts.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mikolo80: 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
Wendyslim: . Don't u have parents or elderly people in ur family? Attention seeker mtchewwwwww
now imagine your parents refused to send you to school and used you like a slave would you still treat them with reverence.same thing with our elders .they have laid their bed jet them sleep on it.forget sentiment
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mikolo80: 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
Don't u have parents or elderly people in ur family? Attention seeker mtchewwwwww[/quote]The elders in my family did what they were supposed to do for us younger ones hence respect for them as an sure your elders in your family,now imagine your parents refused to send you to school and treated you like a slave would you still treat them with reverence.same thing with our nigerian elders .they have laid their bed jet them sleep on it.forget sentiment and you're the one who first mentioned attention seeking
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mikolo80: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
Another yaba left patient
if i be yaba patient you no go get mind talk am for public cos he find you and i'd gut you like a fish.but seriouslY old ppl simplysfb what they've sown
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mikolo80: 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Caracta:

I read your comment and tears filled my eyes. I pray you live long. Funny enough, you posted this recently:

Nigerians need help.
cant you see the an6pique in both posts if the elders had based about their future they would not have raised the criminal leaders we have today and we would have a better transport system for them to enjoy.but steal money and see how many chieftancy titles you get
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mikolo80: 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
Caracta:

I read your comment and tears filled my eyes. I pray you live long. Funny enough, you posted this recently:

Nigerians need help.
cant you see the consistency in both posts, if the elders had cared about their future they would not have raised the criminal leaders we have today and we would have a better transport system for them to enjoy.but steal money and see how many chieftancy titles you get
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mikolo80: 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
Afam4eva:
You should know attention seekers when you see them.
he you didn't want attention you wouldn't post on a public forum
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Caracta(f): 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
mikolo80: cant you see the consistency in both posts, if the elders had cared about their future they would not have raised the criminal leaders we have today and we would have a better transport system for them to enjoy.but steal money and see how many chieftancy titles you get

So the cycle must go on? If a father was a thief, must the son follow suit? Common sense. Must you pass evil deeds to your children because your elders were evil? I just don't get it.

These leaders are not the ones in your public buses and taxis. You want to pay them back? Go to where you can find them.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mikolo80: 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
Caracta:

So the cycle must go on? If a father was a thief, must the son follow suit? Common sense. Must you pass evil deeds to your children because your elders were evil? I just don't get it.

These leaders are not the ones in your public buses and taxis. You want to pay them back? Go to where you can find them.
touche but i'm still not standing up cos it will make them think during elections before they vote cos they are the closest leaders that we can vent our frustrations
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Caracta(f): 8:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
mikolo80: touche but i'm still not
standing up cos it will make them think during elections before they vote cos they are the closest leaders that we can vent our frustrations

You sound like a teenager that doesn't know his left from right. You have the right to do whatever you want. Even Karma understands human right. How many of these elders vote these days? Do their votes count when teenagers like you have sold your votes for coins and half bag of rice? With little thousands, you would chant names of corrupt politicians.

Common sense is a great virtue indeed.

May you reap as you have sown.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by jaybee3(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
Yes and 'em pregnant women

2 Likes

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mikolo80: 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
Caracta:

You sound like a teenager that doesn't know his left from right. You have the right to do whatever you want. Even Karma understands human right. How many of these elders vote these days? Do their votes count when teenagers like you have sold your votes for coins and half bag of rice? With little thousands, you would chant names of corrupt politicians.

Common sense is a great virtue indeed.

May you reap as you have sown.
hahahahaha so because i dont do sentiment i'm now a teenager.me and you who sounds like a teenager.all you do is throw insults wet you think you sound mature or intelligent .the only thing we agree on is the prayer for you to reap what you sow the same way the "elders" are reaping their refusal to vote and cowardice to defend their votes.if they had worked hard to create a decent economy would their children be so hungry as to sell their votes for cup of rice. Think before you talk,so that your children will not sell their votes for cup of garri

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 World's Most Corrupt Police Forces / Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? / Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.