Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? (11350 Views)

White Man Urinating In Public In Lagos (photos) / Lifeless Body Of An Elderly Man Along Airport Road Ikeja [photos] / Who Would You Stand For Among The Following People And Give Your Reasons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Afam4eva(m): 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
But there are few times that i i'm tired and feel like an elderly myself. Those times, i remain sitted facing the window. If i'm to estimate my age, it will be like 95. You'll know what i mean when you're hungry, fatigued and pressed at the same time.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Caracta(f): 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
You should know attention seekers when you see them.

You are right...but then, only a dolt would seek for such silly attention. It's pathetic!
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
Yes...... and for the disabled, children, etc.

It's required anyway tongue
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by greatgod2012(f): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
@op, that is the right thing to do, i do it always, not only in buses, i do it in banks also, there are some banks that you will have to que on sit and be shifting, but when the sits are full,others stand, until there is space on the chair, i dont feel comfortable seeing elders standing while im sitting, so, i ask them to sit while i stand. And i have also enjoyed it severally, youngies use to stand up for me to sit, maybe, im reaping what i've sown.....you know, karma never dies.

Also, not only in the area of standing for elders alone, i also help older people to carry part or even all, (if i can) of their luggage. It pays, im always happy when i make others happy, and i fill fulfilled when they start raining blessings on me.

Let us all cultivate the habit, it pays, and remember, you will also be of age......what you sow is what you are going to reap.
May God help us all.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Afam4eva(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Yes...... and for the disabled, children, etc.

It's required anyway tongue
Will you stand up for me?
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Yes I can do it
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by 360command: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
at this point, Nigeria or Lagos is so crowded that i cannot be in the mist of crowded guys. so when i see a space to sit, i go for it. when there is an elderly standing in the crowd , i say within myself 'enjoy the crowd while standing'.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Afam4eva(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
chidindufrank: Yes I can do it
I can fly too. I think the wuestion is "Do you do it" and not "can you do it?".
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by slimyem: 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
Plent Liars on this thread sha...
undecided
I don't stand up for nobody.... not because I don't think it courteous but after how long it must have taken me to stand waiting for a bus and how long it'll take me to get home in terrible traffic,I can't be that nice to stand thru it for anyone.
I simply glue my eyes to my phone or look away. cool
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Dgbem: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
"As I grow older,I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do" - Andrew Carnegie
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Beey(f): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
I used to do that when I was in Kenya but let's. be real, shouldn't the person see that the vehicle is packed before getting in??
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by ZN2: 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
Like really? Lots of good folks on here? I'm touched. undecided

Anyways, If I looked, then I would if I could, If I was in such a situation and the elderly person lady was standing close.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
slimyem: Plent Liars on this thread sha...
undecided
I don't stand up for nobody.... not because I don't think it courteous but after how long it must have taken me to stand waiting for a bus and how long it'll take me to get home in terrible traffic,I can't be that nice to stand thru it for anyone.
I simply glue my eyes to my phone or look away. cool

And you don't think she did that too?

You and her, who'll you think will give in to fatigue and muscle spasms first?
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Been very long since I used a public transport system but I didn't stand up for elder males. I only stood for elder females, the males are very arrogant, they feel like they're like Chidi Lloyd or something. grin
I'm joking
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
yes not always tho
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by ZN2: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
@J12 Lol. grin grin

Exactly the type of fellow that would speed past the male folk and stop abruptly to ask the female in, whichever direction she was headed (even backwards). grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by brownlord: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
wrong thread, this for those BRT and danfo passengers in that madt lagos, i always tell people, nobody is normal in lagos, wont be surprise if young ones refuse to stand up for old ones. anyway the thread no cousine me, so i comment my reserve

make una create thread for private jet owners make i for comment.

walk out majestically singing in Dbanj's voice "pere" sipping my alomo with my sliced agege bread making U turn with my private jet at the same time.

N.B I JUST GO JOIN OMBATESE RECENTLY, SO ANYONE WHEN TRY INSULT ME GO JUST DIE FOR NOTHING
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by yuzedo: 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALWAYS! cool

.. I mean, no, wait! I dont enter publick transpot. I have chaffuer driver wit rose roys plis! embarassed u treaked me!! cry angry

7 Likes

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Afam4eva(m): 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
yuzedo: ALWAYS! cool

.. I mean, no, wait! I dont enter publick transpot. I have chaffuer driver wit rose roys plis! embarassed u treaked me!! cry angry
Lol grin Don't you guyz have buses in bannana iceland? grin
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
dplomaticVal: There's nothing wrong wit it, infact I do oblige them whneva they crave my indulgence, bt whn im tired of standin I sit on their laps.
I pray d gods don't get angry wit u! grin
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by sureway1(m): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
Some elderly pple abuse that..l was on a que in a bank, a man came and walk strait to d front we(the student)yelld..and he claim he shud be given the respect the he is our lecturer..l told him "sir this is not lecture theater"
l stand4them anyway
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
uj_sizzle: I haven't but i would.

I wish men stood up for me sad tongue
in that case... u will wait till fowls start using toothbrushes.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Obi88(m): 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
i d mad to stand up? I always close my eyes when i see such person(s)
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
Of course! I did it this morning in the tramway and the lady gave me a smile and wished me to have a very nice afternoon when she left (although she didn't take my seat). Elderly people deserve this kind of attentions and they are always happy because it gives them the occasion to chit chat with someone :-)
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Pelummy(f): 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
its a normal thing to do. anyone can standup for your parents too.

i do it often, its no big deal
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Will you stand up for me?

Are your legs broken?

1 Like

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by ZN2: 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
^ Exactly the reply the 'elderly one' should expect.

Now we're seeing em' clear reactions.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
~ZN~:
^ Exactly the reply the 'elderly one' should expect.

Now we're seeing em' clear reactions.

Afam is my son, younger than me.

He should be standing for me and prostrating when I walk by
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by DollyParton1(f): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
Nah I don't do it always, depending on my mood tho. I just glue my eyes to whatever I'm holding or I turn and face the window.
Freaking racists! You stand up for them and they won't take the sit only to go take another sit that was later vacated by a white-ass. All cos am black innit.
So why bother myself.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
Nah I don't do it always, depending on my mood tho. I just glue my eyes to whatever I'm holding or I turn and face the window.
Freaking racists! You stand up for them and they won't take the sit only to go take another sit that was later vacated by a white-ass. All cos am black innit.
So why bother myself.

Where does this take place? What state?
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by paix(m): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
I do stand up for the elderly as a mark of respect and the pregnant women alike.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Aafulenu(f): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
From the few years ave spent on NL ave come to realize that all nairalanders are respectfully, they dont beat their wife, the females dont sleep around, they r in good terms wih their MILs , they dont fight nor cause comotion.

Sometimes i think, maybe the people i see around me everyday are from a different world from NLers.

Perfect people make una carry go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elon Musk's Organization To Role Out Robot Wife Late 2023 / 11 World's Most Corrupt Police Forces / Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.