Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage (916 Views)

8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night / 11Year Old Yemeni Girl Nada Al-Ahdal Flees Home To Avoid Forced Marriage (VIDEO) / An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by Purist(m): 3:53am On Jul 22, 2013
In the wake of the recent uproar against the grand idiocy of the Nigerian Senate, it is only fitting that an 11-year-old girl who is currently facing similar challenges in far away Yemen, has decided to speak up on behalf of all child brides the world over.

Her words:

"It's true that I ran away from my family. I can't live with them anymore. Enough. I want to go live with my uncle. What about the innocence of childhood? What have the children done wrong? Why do you marry them off like that?"

Watch the entire video below.

[flash=600,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7_TKgw1To[/flash]
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by seunlayi(m): 6:15am On Jul 22, 2013
good decision,, let say no to this practice

(1) (Reply)

Report:Osama Bin Laden Died Of Illness In 2001 And Not 2011 / Kenjo Goto Beheading Video By ISIS (exclusive Video) / Black Police Officer Saved KKK Member From Heat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.