Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night (31448 Views)

Child Bride In Yemen Dies Of Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night / 11Year Old Yemeni Girl Nada Al-Ahdal Flees Home To Avoid Forced Marriage (VIDEO) / An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by infonubia(m): 12:48am On Sep 09, 2013
Rawan, an 8-year-old child bride died of internal bleeding injuries on the night of an arranged marriage in the city of Hardh in Northwest Yemen after being given out in marriage to a man who is over 40!

She is believed to have suffered a tear to her genitals and severe bleeding.

Yemeni activists urged the local police to arrest the “beastly groom” and the girl’s family and transfer them to a court where justice would be served and the case would be used to help put an end to the practice of marrying very young girls in the impoverished country, the daily said.

In Kuwait, bloggers offered their prayers for the “bride”, but lashed out at the “groom”, saying that he was a beast who should be severely punished.

Angry Man, a blogger, posted that the man was “an animal who deserved to be punished severely for his crime.”

“All those who supported such a crime should also be punished,” he said.

Under the moniker “Sad”, another blogger said that everybody should have realized that Rawan was too young to get married.

“Her family and her groom could have waited for some time before having this marriage,” Sad said. “It was not fair at all and the marriage should not have happened even if some tribes believe that it is a good custom.”

Bu Omar said that he was disturbed by the death report.

“Rawan’s family members are not humans. They do not deserve to have children,” he said.
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/yemen/bride-8-dies-of-injuries-on-wedding-night-in-yemen-1.1228706

My Take

I get really upset when I hear stories of older men taking these children as brides. I mean, how low can you stoop? I cannot but think about the #ChildNotBride saga in Nigeria and how many young children have been given away under such circumstances and yet, we have some people in our society who are absolutely okay with such pediophilic practices?

Some might say 8 years is too young but 13 is okay. There are numerous stories of young girls (13 year-old included) that have suffered similar fate as Rawan. Unfortunately, for every story that is reported, there are several hundreds that are untold.

As a society we should frown against such practices and we should do all that we can to protect these young girls.

What's Your Take?

Let's hear your take on the story...Looking forward to it!

6 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by braine(m): 12:59am On Sep 09, 2013
Sad.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by mazizitonene(m): 1:09am On Sep 09, 2013
Make una telll yerima

16 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by infonubia(m): 1:18am On Sep 09, 2013
braine: Sad
Really sad. For me, the saddest part is knowing that more children are victims of these arranged marriages that we know about and some people are cool with it.

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by mysticgal(f): 1:50am On Sep 09, 2013
may God forgive them for they know not what they doundecided

4 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 09, 2013

10 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by infonubia(m): 2:53am On Sep 09, 2013
Nonso23: THIS ACT OF BRUTALITY IS KNOWN AS YERIMALIZATION SMH, LATER SOME FOOL WILL COME HERE RANTING ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF CHILD MARRIAGE... angry angry
They had better not!

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by iphie17: 4:43am On Sep 09, 2013
To me d pple dat indulge in such acts r mentally sick,no sane person wl do such.....#heartless idiots#

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by greatgod2012(f): 5:20am On Sep 09, 2013
Yes, the groom has his own fault, no doubt, he's a phidophile, but what about the parent who agreed to marry out their 8 years old girl, all in the name of money?
As far as im concerned, the parent of that girl and every other parents who usually support this type of animalistic behaviour are all big shame and faluire to parenthood.

I have said it before and i will say it again, NOT ALL PARENTS DESERVE TO BE PARENTS.

17 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by infonubia(m): 5:35am On Sep 09, 2013
greatgod2012: Yes, the groom has his own fault, no doubt, he's a phidophile, but what about the parent who agreed to marry out their 8 years old girl, all in the name of money?
As far as im concerned, the parent of that girl and every other parents who usually support this type of animalistic behaviour are all big shame and faluire to parenthood.

I have said it before and i will say it again, NOT ALL PARENTS DESERVE TO BE PARENTS.
Spot on!

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by taryour(f): 5:43am On Sep 09, 2013
The person with the greatest fault in the whole picture is the MOTHER of the late girl. What kind of mother will stay alive and watch her child/BABY (as far as am concerned an 8 year old is still a baby) go tru so much torture

Each time I read a story like this,I remember 9 months and the whole pain of delivery and I say prayers to God to give me the grace and strength to lead my children through the right part in his words.

The F-oolish father and groom ain't left out of the fault. The worst thing that can happen to a child in this life is to have a mother who is a big FAILURE.

8 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by infonubia(m): 6:18am On Sep 09, 2013
taryour: The person with the greatest fault in the whole picture is the MOTHER of the late girl. What kind of mother will stay alive and watch her child/BABY (as far as am concerned an 8 year old is still a baby) go tru so much torture

Each time I read a story like this,I remember 9 months and the whole pain of delivery and I say prayers to God to give me the grace and strength to lead my children through the right part in his words.

The F-oolish father and groom ain't left out of the fault. The worst thing that can happen to a child in this life is to have a mother who is a big FAILURE.
Such practices shouldn't have a place in our society.

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 09, 2013
taryour: The person with the greatest fault in the whole picture is the MOTHER of the late girl. What kind of mother will stay alive and watch her child/BABY (as far as am concerned an 8 year old is still a baby) go tru so much torture

some mothers dont actuay agree to the madness but after force,pressure,harrassments and threats from the 1d1otic father she has no choice than to give in moreover women dont really have a say on their childs life in some countries.anyway like one of them have righrly said how low can a man stoop.the parents and the animalistic groom need to be arrested.they are not better than rapists and murderers

7 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by taryour(f): 6:44am On Sep 09, 2013
kulyie: some mothers dont actuay agree to the madness but after force,pressure,harrassments and threats from the 1d1otic father she has no choice than to give in moreover women dont really have a say on their childs life in some countries.anyway like one of them have righrly said how low can a man stoop.the parents and the animalistic groom need to be arrested.they are not better than rapists and murderers

If that be the case my dear,then it will be OVER MY DEAD BODY, I am a mother and I know just how it feels alone to watch my son fall or just see him crying. I would rather run away with that child,live under the bridge and beg rather than give my baby out in marriage at such age to a monster in human skin.

5 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Dygeasy(m): 6:52am On Sep 09, 2013
Its Unimaginable Really...

Even 21-year Old Wey Person Wan Disvirgin Go Dey Scream Dey Call Heaven And Earth And The Names Of Her Ancestors Talk More Of An 8-year Old.

RIP To The Poor Girl!

6 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by ckkris: 6:53am On Sep 09, 2013
Senator Yerima, how many Hausa/fulani children have died like this, unreported?

4 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by SELENAqueensy(f): 7:10am On Sep 09, 2013
I really blame that gals parent.. If dey didn't permit dat monster(d groom) he wudn't hv d guts to rubbish nd send dat young girl to her early grave.
It wud hv been beta if she died on her way to school or even at school, nt on her wedding night.
When did marriage become a childs play?
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Rekiyyah(f): 7:15am On Sep 09, 2013
This is sad!. The groom and the parents shld b sentenced to life jail imprisonment.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by zeb04(f): 7:27am On Sep 09, 2013
Dis is realy terible hw do day feel havin sex wit a child wh is cryin nd fightin beneath them. Sm men r beast my frnd tld me a girl's cry durin sex is wat turns him on. Pple self smh

2 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by tellwisdom: 7:38am On Sep 09, 2013
Rip yemeni sad....who she be sef ??
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by demelza: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2013
I am happy she died.
Death for her and other girls in her condition is preferable than living under a religion that considers you worse than an animal. Hell their camels and cows are treated better.
I am happy she died.
If she had survived, she would have constantly faced this kind of trauma every single day until the ba$tard (Allah bless his soul) loses interest in her and gets another little girl to torture.
I am happy she died.
Under the "religion of peace" she never had much of a future anyway. A religion that doesnt recognize her worth or that she is capable of thinking or feeling.
Good for her that she escaped early.
I am happy she died.

39 Likes

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by xynerise: 7:51am On Sep 09, 2013
More children will die if they dont abolish that stu'pid law they implemented in Nigeria.
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 09, 2013
Animals

Animals everywhere!!!!

At least she's heaven bound
I can't say the same for the parents and groom
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 09, 2013
Forget the marriage label. That is something between a woman and a man.
They sold their 8 year old child as a sex slave to a mad old man...

She ain't even freaking 12 yet!

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Brimmie(m): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2013
OP, Am Sorry For Ur Loss!! sad

1 Like

Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by mysticgal(f): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2013
ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!!!!THIS INCIDENT HAPPENED IN YEMENIundecided NOT NIGERIA AS SOME HERE INSINUATE,THOUGH I DONT KNOW WHAT COUNTRY HAS THE CAPITAL YEMENI.undecided
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 09, 2013
taryour:

If that be the case my dear,then it will be OVER MY DEAD BODY, I am a mother and I know just how it feels alone to watch my son fall or just see him crying. I would rather run away with that child,live under the bridge and beg rather than give my baby out in marriage at such age to a monster in human skin.
you are right.i will do the same too but if i am pushed to the wall, ,ill go extreme.ill kill the man,kill the intending groom, before the wedding,kill my self.that way,its better all the parties and i die and let the child remain a child than for me to be alive and watch one beast marry a child
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by mysticgal(f): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2013
^^^^^^^^
if you kill the groom and yourself and forget to kill your husband and his cohorts,then you know your murder and sucide were in vain,cos your daughter will marry a man old enough to be her great grand fatherundecided
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2013
2buff: Forget the marriage label. That is something between a woman and a man.
They sold their 8 year old child as a sex slave to a mad old man...

She ain't even freaking 12 yet!
right thinking /normal parents of 0-20 year olds have no buisness with collecting bride price or talking to a child about marrying a sick old man.their buisness should be a childs mntal,physical and all round development,i.e western and religious education.it is only a depraved father or mother that will be convincing a child to marry an old man and with time the painful and traumatizing s3x will not pain her again.she should only endure
Re: 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2013
mysticgal: you are right.i will do the same too but if i am pushed to the wall, ,ill go extreme.ill kill the man,kill the intending groom, before the wedding,kill my self.that way,its better all the parties and i die and let the child remain a child than for me to be alive and watch one beast marry a child

if you kill the groom and yourself and forget to kill your husband and his relative,ah your death is in vain,because the girl would marry a man old enough to be her great grand fatherundecided
of course the husband too is going down with me,i will leave his family out of this since they are not involved in the buohaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Israeli Airstrikes Killed At Least 32 People And Injured Dozen (Photo) / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy / President Zuma Flees As Storm Wrecks Havoc On His Tent At An Event. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.