Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:01 AM

The Indecent Assault On Mrs Udoudo By Imo State Governor's Entourage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Indecent Assault On Mrs Udoudo By Imo State Governor's Entourage (1087 Views)

My Opinion On Mrs Diezani's Sickness And Her Prosecution / Buhari's US Visit: His Son, Yusuf, And 32 Others Make His Entourage - ThisDay / Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Indecent Assault On Mrs Udoudo By Imo State Governor's Entourage by coolier(f): 5:59pm On May 25, 2008
DON'T KNOW IF IT'S BEEN POSTED BEFORE, BUT THIS IS THE TREATMENT METTED OUT TO A LADY BY THE IMO STATE GOVERNOR'S ENTOURAGE. PLS READ ON:

SOURCE: http://www.ngex.com/news/public/article.php?ArticleID=604

The many lies of Imo State Governor's secretary

Author: Anonymous | May 21, 2008

Ordinarily, I would not reduce myself to joining issues with liars and people bereft of understanding but in the interest of the reading populace and indeed for the avoidance of any doubts whatsoever I have thought it fit to respond so as to present the story as it actually happened (and this can be corroborated by witnesses who are ready to speak) and to alert the entire populace of the reckless and animalistic behaviour of people who are supposed to be interested in the welfare of the people who put them in office.

The Governor of Imo State and his cronies led by Mr. Steve Osuji have spun webs of lies and even insulted my person and I feel very slighted.

On February 10, 2008 at about 9:30 a.m. around Alfred Rewane Road (just after Falomo Bridge) Ikoyi, Lagos, I was driving (with my two children aged 3 years and 5years old in the back seat of the car) towards the Third Mainland Bridge on my way to church in Gbagada.

I noticed a convoy of cars behind me, lights flashing and approaching at top speed. On noticing them I joined the other road users who had moved to the fast lane in order to let them through since they were already in the service lane behind me. The siren blaring convoy did not however pass by but I was being hounded by the convoy to either stop or get off the road as the other cars in the convoy had sandwiched my car to the median with the lead car occupying the centre of the road at a time when there was absolutely no traffic and no cars on that lane (Alfred Rewane Road on a Sunday morning is the exact opposite of what it is on week days).

The lead Black Toyota Prado Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) with registration number “Pilot 1″ braking sharply and repeatedly forced me to slow almost to a halt while one of the other cars rammed into my car from the rear passengers side. The impact of this badly damaged my rear fender and also the rear passenger door of my car. I eventually had to stop so as to avoid being run over by the car.

As I came out of the car to examine the damage done to my car and demand an explanation for all the harassment, some of the security men dressed in suits alighted from their cars, slapped me and repeatedly slammed the door of the car against my arm.

I was shocked and demanded an explanation for the attack. Instead of answering me, one of the security men, in full view of my two children then pointed his gun at me while two others began to vandalise the car by using the butts of the guns to break off the rear view mirrors and kick in the door (I have pictures of the vandalised cars).

My children were so panic-stricken that they opened the door and bolted across the road. I can only be thankful to God that an on-coming vehicle did not run them over. The younger kid later went into shock and did not speak to anyone until later that evening when his father came into town.

After vandalising my car, the convoy then sped off. The Executive Governor of Imo State was actually in the car. He rolled down the mirror, saw what happened and rolled back up as if nothing was happening. He obviously could not be bothered.

I have described Mr. Osuji as bereft of understanding not out of discourtesy but because of the senseless issues he has raised.

That I with my two young children in the car struggled for over one kilometre with the governor’s convoy.
That the governor and his entourage as sane, rational, family men and women assaulted and traumatised me and my children.

That with my two young kids in the car willfully smashed into the governor’s convoy.

This is completely absurd and laughable to say the very least and can only be believed by such “sane and rational men” like Mr. Osuji. This is nothing but a campaign of calumny calculated at saving the face of his boss (the governor), and sacrificing his conscience on the altar of sycophancy. I can only imagine what manner of man would support the harassment of a woman and little children.

Mr. Osuji alludes to a security breach. What security breach? That I moved to the extreme lane for them to pass is now a security breach? The road was totally free!!! Was I supposed to move to the middle of the road or carry my car off the road?

Or are we lesser mortals not fit to drive on the same road with these thin gods? It is this madness that we observe everyday on our roads by siren blaring monsters. If for nothing, the convoy of the Lagos State Governor has driven past me on countless occasions within the Ikoyi/Victoria Island area without blaring sirens neither was I harassed in any manner and yet he is still the Governor of Lagos State.

And assuming there was a security breach, is it that security breach that has led the “sane and rational” Mr. Osuji to write such a sorry letter in The Guardian newspaper of February 21, 2008?

For the avoidance of doubt I did not hire anybody to tell my story. I was under the wrong impression that these “sane, rational family men and women” would be reasonable enough if I just wrote a letter of complaint but unfolding events have proved me wrong.

It is sad and disheartening that at this stage of our nascent democracy when the emphasis is on respect for the rule of law, that such flagrant abuse of power is still prevalent in our nation albeit within our elected leaders. It shows a clear disrespect for the sanctity of life and the constitution which they are supposed to uphold.

Mrs. Udoudo lives in Lagos.
Re: The Indecent Assault On Mrs Udoudo By Imo State Governor's Entourage by blacksta(m): 10:11am On May 26, 2008
I don't how true this story is but if it is true then I am not suprised one of greatest flaws in africa is the fact that leaders believe it is their right to be in government and don't understand they are actually servants to people. On behalf of the nigeria government I apologise for inhumane treatment you received from these babric idiots who are mere thugs in government who have also gotten their self centric views embbeded in slotful souls
Re: The Indecent Assault On Mrs Udoudo By Imo State Governor's Entourage by onmyown(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2008
I am not too suprised it has to do with that particular Governor. He is simply a stark illterate person. Try listenng in to any of his interviews and you will be shocked. The pursuit of power in Nigeria, I beg to say, is not for the upliftment of the people. It is simply to line their pockets while the rest grove in the dark. How long should this go on? For as long as you and I simply post a reply on nairaland and do nothing else.
Re: The Indecent Assault On Mrs Udoudo By Imo State Governor's Entourage by coolier(f): 7:34pm On May 26, 2008
blacksta:

I don't how true this story is

SOURCE: http://www.ngex.com/news/public/article.php?ArticleID=604

blacksta:

On behalf of the nigeria government I apologise for inhumane treatment you received from these babric idiots who are mere thugs in government who have also gotten their self centric views embbeded in slotful souls

It's not me. It's Mrs Udoudo.
Re: The Indecent Assault On Mrs Udoudo By Imo State Governor's Entourage by dangermous: 7:40pm On May 26, 2008
God dey sha. This people go answer for all their inhumanity one day.

And the idiot was on TV the other day promoting Naija music awards.

I for like chop am to bits with my mousy teeth

(1) (Reply)

Remembering Our Own Soweto ( Await Every One Post) / NNPC To Be Scrapped Before Nov 1. / Nuhu Ribadu Is A Fraud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.