Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

H - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / H (3589 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

H by poppincash: 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
H
Re: H by Bigboytinz: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
mayb u shud sue the airline
Re: H by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
I had a worse dan worst , my was @ frankfurt (germany) @d point were everyone need 2 b checked if u possess illegal stuff, d foolish German guy who was doing d stuff didn't touch me, n I asked him why? he said he feels I'm ok.
I just concluded he didn't becos I'm black.

2 Likes

Re: H by Godson201333(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
That is crazy,Damn it! Juts like someone said,You need to sue the airline..So are you still in Ataturk?
Re: H by Anazp: 7:48am On Jul 23, 2013
never knew istanbul was like that.
Re: H by justwise(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2013
poppincash: Has anyone here experienced this before? Yesterday on transit to London through Ataturk airport on Turkish airlines, the guy at the boarding gate refused boarding. He said he couldn't confirm my visas. I asked him if it was his job to do so. This was issued by British high commission here in nigeria. I asked him how he knew and that he contact the high comm himself he declined saying he had scanned the visas and he did not think they were genuine. I feel sad about this. Has anyone experienced this type of experience at istanbul? Thanks

How did you resolve the prob? Were you finally allowed to board?

1 Like

Re: H by poppincash: 10:36am On Jul 23, 2013
justwise:

How did you resolve the prob? Were you finally allowed to board?
not at all. these guys are simply heartless.
Re: H by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
poppincash: not at all. these guys are simply heartless.

Did you apply for the visa yourself or somebody did the processing on your behalf?
Re: H by africanchilds: 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
justwise:

Did you apply for the visa yourself or somebody did the processing on your behalf?

Either way, UK visa is drop box and you need thumbprint

If you become Soft, they would ride you.Get up from your seat and try to see his
Supervisor and Buddy i hope you are very clean
Re: H by wip7: 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
poppincash: not at all. these guys are simply heartless.

As Justwise asked, did you apply for the visa yourself?

Let me state how it goes here...I travel around alot and i must pass tru Turkey in almost all my trips and anytime i am heading to UK and US, the immigration/or the guys at the exit will have to collect my passport for verification of the passport and Visa. Its normal routine. They have system to check and sometimes they make calls for further verification, they do pay penalties in case anything goes wrong. Not only UK but also I have experienced this checking most times i am heading to the US also.

All my visas are issued In Turkey so if they check issued place and see TURKEY then is easy for them to verify eventhough my UK visas are issued in ROME they still check and let go cos is close place. If your visa is genuine, surely they will let you fly unless something is wrong.

The following things can bring about this terrible check:

1. Your nationality or nature of passport you are holding

2. Travelling history

3. Visa issued place.

Are you still in Istanbul, if yes which part of Ataturk are you, i will be passing early tmr and i maybe of help with Nigerian embassy to intervene BUT pls pls your visa most be genuine and applied by yourself. if you want, email me your mobile in Istanbul and passport number, full name. Skull4una@gmail.com
Re: H by 25omega(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
africanchilds:

If you become Soft, they would ride you.Get up from your seat and try to see his
Don't dismiss the question justwise asked because it is important if someone as the last poster would like to help.

Most international airport have a scanner or some type of light that if they put your passport or visa under it will show security water marks or hologram images. If they did that with the posters visa and it did n't show anything, then he will sit down until they can contact the embassy to verify the visa number and name of who it was issued to. Dismissing a valid question to scream discrimination without proof is irresponsible. I can certainly understand the embarrassment and shame to be pulled to the side when you are about to board but, if you have legit docs you just sit and be calm. Get all the names so you can file a complaint when you get home.

1 Like

Re: H by justwise(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
africanchilds:

How do you know if the op did all that?
Re: H by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
25omega: Don't dismiss the question justwise asked because it is important if someone as the last poster would like to help.

Most international airport have a scanner or some type of light that if they put your passport or visa under it will show security water marks or hologram images. If they did that with the posters visa and it did n't show anything, then he will sit down until they can contact the embassy to verify the visa number and name of who it was issued to. Dismissing a valid question to scream discrimination without proof is irresponsible. I can certainly understand the embarrassment and shame to be pulled to the side when you are about to board but, if you have legit docs you just sit and be calm. Get all the names so you can file a complaint when you get home.

Exactly!!
Re: H by poppincash: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
justwise:

yes i applied myself.
Re: H by poppincash: 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
wip7:

As Justwise asked, did you apply for the visa yourself?

Let me state how it goes here...I travel around alot and i must pass tru Turkey in almost all my trips and anytime i am heading to UK and US, the immigration/or the guys at the exit will have to collect my passport for verification of the passport and Visa. Its normal routine. They have system to check and sometimes they make calls for further verification, they do pay penalties in case anything goes wrong. Not only UK but also I have experienced this checking most times i am heading to the US also.

All my visas are issued In Turkey so if they check issued place and see TURKEY then is easy for them to verify eventhough my UK visas are issued in ROME they still check and let go cos is close place. If your visa is genuine, surely they will let you fly unless something is wrong.

The following things can bring about this terrible check:

1. Your nationality or nature of passport you are holding

2. Travelling history

3. Visa issued place.

Are you still in Istanbul, if yes which part of Ataturk are you, i will be passing early tmr and i maybe of help with Nigerian embassy to intervene BUT pls pls your visa most be genuine and applied by yourself. if you want, email me your mobile in Istanbul and passport number, full name. Skull4una@gmail.com
this was not at immigration i was in transit. it was at the boarding gate. thanx for ur concern. i applied myself
Re: H by 25omega(m): 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
poppincash: this was not at immigration i was in transit. it was at the boarding gate. thanx for ur concern. i applied myself
well..... what happened? are you still there at the airport? did you get to your destination? are you in Nigeria

men! i don't like vague answers and comments grin grin grin
Re: H by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
poppincash: yes i applied myself.

What is the situation now? Are you back in Nigeria? Contacted British embassy?

1 Like

Re: H by poppincash: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
justwise:

What is the situation now? Are you back in Nigeria? Contacted British embassy?
still at the airport. have tried to reach them but no response. thanx for d concern. these guys are terrible
Re: H by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
poppincash: still at the airport. have tried to reach them but no response. thanx for d concern. these guys are terrible

Ok, don't leave there until they call the British embassy to verify your visa, this is an insult, since you are 100% that the visa is genuine then fight to clear your name, they will not kill you,
Re: H by Naijalastborn(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
well... problem solved... our Oga at the top don solve for u....
Re: H by africanchilds: 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
poppincash: yes i applied myself.
Kobatan.it's pure harassment.
All airport/boarder have scanners that would tell genuine visa.
Even with USA green card,I was still harassed at USA boarder.
Let's know how it goes
Re: H by Naijalastborn(m): 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
its all over the place, a white friend of mine told me something similar to this, she was in train sitting next to some Black Nigerians holding Nigeria Passport, when they started checking row by row till they got to this two Nigerians, she said their passport was checked and checked but she was surprised when its her turn and didnt even check her passport she hold
Re: H by Godson201333(m): 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
Do not worry,everything is gonna be alright but really i cant believe you have been spending some days in Turkish airport
Re: H by justwise(m): 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
@poppincash

What happened at the end? Gone through?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Travel To U.s.a Free Of Charge: Its Real And Legal, / I Want To Travel To Bolivia Does Anyone Have Knowledge About The Country? / Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.