Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa (3594 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by thameamead(f): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
u all should pls pray for me o, am going to travel to naija on my british passport without a visa nor nigerian passport. 've paid £70 to use virgin clubhse @ heathrow airport. i pray i bump into one of the politicans and tell them my plight. am sure they have the power to let immgratn let me go thr, if i don't bump in any1, i will bribe them £200. as soon as am allowed in, d first thing i 'll do i apply for a naija pali, wht do u guys think,
i was told told to hide d £200 in my passport and give to the immgration officer whn its my turn to go thr in order not to create a scence, i just don't believe they would deport me back to the uk, as long as ve got something for me, am yet to meet any1 dat was deported or allowed in, fingers crossed. what do u all think,
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by jaybee3(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
gbam
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
Some people don't listen!!

If you are able to leave Heathrow, it would be a miracle.

God help you if you finally get to Nigeria and meet a born again!! We can only imagine what would happen to you and your £200.

All the best!!
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by dinggle: 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2009
I think the poster is trying to advertise his british P and his journey back home with it, trying to make those who are yet to get a british visa feel silly about themselves!!! Common sense will tell anyone that the poster will not be bold enough to unleash 200pounds (N50,000 @ last count) if requested no matter how he got the money,
Whats all the hype about afterall u dont even need a passport to enter naija as long as u can be easily identified by language, tribal marks or facial resemblance. Everyday Nigerians are constantly deported world wide, many without passport or travel certificate!!! so why are u posing,

Nigerians holding American & Canadian passport dont make noise or pose like them in UK (England, scotland, Irish), they are so primitive that they want nairalanders to know they have landed. Your getting free from the shackles of Nigeria's passport is one thing, fighting bounderies to be successful in your choosen field in the country you live is yet another, ensuring that success continues and is transfer to your children and children's children is the ultimate!!!

wetin sef! all these omo uk una don come again abeg carrygo make better person post better thing.
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
arent you allowed like three months anyway if you're a European or US passport holder? They stamp your passport at the airport but if you feel like offering them money then go ahead.

Unless things have changed, but the UK used to do the same for west African/Nigerian travellers although that was a long time ago.
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by VOR(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
My friend you won't even be able to leave the UK.
No airline will carry you.
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 11, 2009
says who?
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 11, 2009
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by JJM(f): 7:31am On Sep 11, 2009
there you go poster, you've been told. Its amazing that some of us still exhibit this "bribery solves all" mentality. Lets stop it. Do things right and stop cutting corners. If we all did the right thing(we all know the rules both here(UK) and in Niger) our country will begin to change. Do not tolerate or encourage bribery I say, I know its easier said than done but we can start somewhere.
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by ikeyman00(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

u are a criminal!!! period
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by thameamead(f): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2009
hi! all

@ dingle am not tryin to prove a point that ve got a british passport, its a forum and people are allowed to seek advice, ve bn living in d uk for d past 9 yrs, i miss my family so so much, i went thr a lot 2 get my passport, i was duped by a nigerian girl friend few yrs ago, i really really liked her bit she was treating me like dirt because she thought i was after her passport, to prove to her that i was not after her papers, i paid her £3,000 fo the marriage but she disappered, was told by lots of our people that they would let me in nigeria, ve bn let down by to many people in life, where do i evn start,
anyway, ve decided to take a week of work next wk so as to go to the nigerian embassy, so case closed, thanks for all ur cooments,
wishing u all a nice wk, ese o,

by d way the airline do not check unless u 've got a foreign passport or u are going to yankee,
am not trying to make those they are trying to get their passport feel bad, i hope and pray u all get ur passorts b4 the tory are elected next yr, ese o
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by noblegas2(m): 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
please go to Lagos without a Visa and lets see how far ur 200 ll go, dont be suprised if dey re-confirm ur ticket back to d flight dat brought u, am sure d airline will not even pick u cuz it attracts a fine on dem
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2009
What prevents you from using the 200 pounds to obtain a Nigerian Visa at the Nigerian embassy. I doubt the visa fee will even be that high.
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by Oloks(m): 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2009
penny wise pound foolish,

no worries no airline will carry u, so u can still save your shitty £200,

Oh boy u no go school, or wetin u dey prove
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by thameamead(f): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2009
hi all,
i made it to nigeria without a visa on sunday. no one asked to look @ my visa @ heathrow airport, neither did anyone ask to look @ my visa when i checked in, when i arrived in naija, i was told i was going to be sent back on the next flight back to the uk, i did not fake my oyinbo accent, lol, i spoke to them in yoruba and cried for 3 minutes. i told them i was sorry and was going to apply for a nigeria passport asas. they let me in but i had to give a little something, i would not advise any1 to tarvel to nigeria without a visa unless they do not mind bribinh them, i was not d only1 without a visa, am loving it in nigeria, i do not have to worry about my bills until am back in london,
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by JJM(f): 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2009
well, so the speaking in Yoruba, crying for 3 mins and "giving them something" was in your opinion worth it then? At least you advised that it is not a good idea to travel without visa unless you are prepared to bribe. sad sad sad

Still sad that you had to resort to bribery to fill the pockets of greedy people, which btw you did not have to do and could have avoided totally. As for me I can imagine the embarrassment of crying and having to bribe for putting right something I had done wrong. I guess that is Naija for you.

Lets continue in this vicious circle and see how long it will take us to reach our destination( progress, respect of other nations, regular electricity and water, good education, good roads, affordable and safe health care, good judicial, government and police etcccccccc). Ghana, our neighbours have moved ten steps ahead of us in this regard and I wonder why we are behind ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by jaybee3(m): 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2009
Classic example of why corruption will continue to be d norm in naija.
As long as we are willing participant in corrupt practices then i'm afraid their is no end in sight.

u should be ashamed of yourself "thamesmead"
utter nonsense
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by bluespice(f): 9:26pm On Oct 15, 2009
whatever happened to self pride?
instead of you to simply get a visa u went headstrong n decided crying in public and begging and ultimately bribing the officials was better?
you sir have major issues upstairs
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by Busybody2(f): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2009
JJM:

. . . Lets continue in this vicious circle and see how long it will take us to reach our destination( progress, respect of other nations, regular electricity and water, good education, good roads, affordable and safe health care, good judicial, government and police etcccccccc). Ghana, our neighbours have moved ten steps ahead of us in this regard and I wonder why we are behind ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Heretical fallacy (sic) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by thameamead(f): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2009
i make no apologies for travelling without a visa, ve got my nigerian passport so no bribe in future, i was not crying in public, the whole thing lasted for less than half an hour, i had no time to apply for an emergency visa, my boss would not allow me to take a day offer to go to the embassy either, i would advise any1 to get a visa, CASE CLOSED,
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by joxiri: 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2009
@ thameamead
out of curiosity and future reference how much did you settle them, I was told it could be done in the region of 200k did you pay that much
besides nig should be a visa free country anyways
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by platinumnk(f): 6:13pm On Oct 20, 2009
yes nigerians abroad shouldnt have to pay to get a visa!

my dad had to drive to atlanta overnight *10hrs* to get a visa for me and my siblings when we traveled home

now i got a visa stamped for 3 years cheesy- but next time Im gonna get my 9ja green passport!
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by JJM(f): 7:51am On Oct 21, 2009
@ busy body

Could you clarify your comment please, I am afraid I am having a "blonde" moment. Apologies to any blondes in the house.
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by ikeyman00(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2009
@@@

grin
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by thameamead(f): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2009
@joxiri, d immigration were not fussy at all, i told them i could not give them much due to the reccession so i gave them £250 with two angel perfumes in my hand luggage and they were both like can we have £50 instead of the perfumes,

be nice to them and and pls do not blow any grammar, speak any nigerian language they understand and u will b fine, they advised me not to bother to apply 4 a nigerian passport (so i can continue to line their pockets anytime i fly to nigeria).
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by justwise(m): 11:30am On Oct 21, 2009
thameamead:

@joxiri, d immigration were not fussy at all, i told them i could not give them much due to the reccession so i gave them £250 with two angel perfumes in my hand luggage and they were both like can we have £50 instead of the perfumes,

be nice to them and and pls do not blow any grammar, speak any nigerian language they understand and u will b fine, they advised me not to bother to apply 4 a nigerian passport (so i can continue to line their pockets anytime i fly to nigeria).

That much? And u still haven't seen ur GP for mental check up?
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by netotse(m): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2009
@thamesmead
heaven knows there's nothing more appealing to me than cursing the living daylights out of you, needless to say that your stunt was the dumbest thing i've heard in ages. There's no viable excuse for what you did and you're now giving tips on top of the insult. . .i really wish i could slap you through the screen angry

justwise:

That much? And u still haven't seen your GP for mental check up?

this one has passed mental illness o, he needs to see an exorcist!
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by joxiri: 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2009
Why are you laying into thamemead
there re some exceptional circumstances in every situation, like the death of a relative do you know how long it takes to get a visa in the nigerian consulate if theres an emergency theres an emergency
I am not condoning what he did but, obviously i dont think he should do it again but if it had to be done it had to be done
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by JJM(f): 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2009
OPTION 1

£250 plus two angel perfumes(or £50 for each), delayed  and cried for 3 mins, spoke yoruba to a bunch of incompetent fools(some will say victims of the system)

OPTION 2

£99(plus PO commission) at Nigeria Embassy, pass through Immigration control like other people and avoid entertaining greedy fools

OPTION 3

£150 approximately for passport in UK or one done fast track in Naija. Which by the way is valid for 5 years.

Ummmmm, let me toss a coin and see what option I would go for Please help me my nairalanders ,

@ joxiri, thamemead had planned it all along , there was no family emergency about this. From personal experience, inasmuch as Nigeria embassy can be crazy, my visa is always ready to pick up 48 hours after submission. dont know if they have gone crazier since 2007.
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by thameamead(f): 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2009
@JJM, am guilty as charged, £50 for both perfumes not £50 for each.

@joxiri, a big kiss from me for speaking up for me smiley smiley smiley,

@netotse & justwise, CASE CLOSED, COURRT!!!!!!!!!LOL
Re: Decided To Travel To Naija Without A Visa by bluespice(f): 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2009
thameamead:

i make no apologies for travelling without a visa, ve got my nigerian passport so no bribe in future, i was not crying in public, the whole thing lasted for less than half an hour, i had no time to apply for an emergency visa, my boss would not allow me to take a day offer to go to the embassy either, i would advise any1 to get a visa, CASE CLOSED,
back this bus the mess up
u had/ve a nigerian passport an you're chatting shit about wanting a visa?
i think i'm about to pass out from stupid overdose in my face
pls tell me i've got it wrong will ya

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Studying and Living in Kazakhstan. / Nigerian Immigration Officers At MMA Lagos,angels Or Demons / How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.