Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed (860 Views)

5 Men Of God Who Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves. / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. / Ashamed Of Your Traditional Name Based On Religious Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by plaetton: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
The travails of the black man! shocked.

Oh noo.
Jesus, the black man's sucour

Pls not Jesus again! pls.

After reading this article, I covered my head in shame.
It seems that the slave ship called the " Good Ship Jesus" is sailing again.

All aboard!!!!!

I think am gonna be sea sick.

http://news.yahoo.com/pastor-ken-hutcherson-speaks-fellow-african-americans-amid-120417593.html

Hutcherson continued:

I believe Dr. James Manning hit it on the head when he said that black people have a difficult time accepting truth simply because they are black. That's right, black people are involved and it is impossible for the average black person to believe the truth. They refuse to believe that a black boy could be in the wrong when it comes to a white Hispanic. Blackness is the apex of victimhood and our blackness is above truth, above our Christianity, above our God, above our Holy Spirit, so that means if our blackness is above the Holy Spirit, then it is above Truth. This is so important for everyone to know this so they can understand why this Trayvon and Zimmerman case is where it is today and why blacks refuse to believe what really happened.

The preacher, who also highlighted the actual events that he believes might have taken place between Zimmerman and Martin, went on to say that African Americans need to "put Jesus above our blackness" if they want to be the "great people" that they truly are. Hutcherson also implored African Americans to take action, to help promote change and to alter the conversation about racism in America.

Read the pastor's article here. In addition to Hutcherson and Manning, the Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson also recently took a similar view, making controversial comments during a heated exchange with CNN's Piers Morgan last week.
Re: Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by plaetton: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
When it comes to justice, the black people are implored to put Jesus above justice.
Put Jesus above your poverty, above your neglect.
PUTS Jesus above your fundamental human rights.

The whites never ever put Jesus above their greed, above their need to conquer and occupy.
They never put Jesus above their guns.
They never put Jesus above their need to enslave and commoditise black human beings.
Nooo.
Infact, Jesus was the vessel for such degradation of the black man's dignity.

And today, another apostle of Jesus, a black man, is asking fellow blacks to forget about justice and put Jesus first.
Yeah.
The good ship Jesus is always at bay to ferry blacks to the land of never never.

I Weep.
Re: Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by FearGodAndLive: 2:21am On Jul 23, 2013
You weep for lack of understanding. I'll continue to put Jesus above everything. He's all that matters. Nothing can separate us from the love of God.
Re: Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 23, 2013
Plaetton,

Thanks for killing my faith in humanity.

Blacks will start progress when they leave this white Jesus and Arab prophet for more current issues affecting them
Re: Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by vedaxcool(m): 6:01am On Jul 23, 2013
yes black people would grow when atheists abandon the religion section and to post in relevant section which addresses issues in Nigeria, as only black nl
atheist feel by posting in the religion section more pure water factories would evolve from nowhere rather post in the religious section, only they expect churches to generate electricity etc.
Re: Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by vedaxcool(m): 6:25am On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by plaetton: 7:07am On Jul 23, 2013
vedaxcool: https://www.nairaland.com/1365583/black-americas-real-problem-isnt

hmmmm

Issue on this thread is not about blacks and crime.
No its about blacks, Jesus and justice.
Why blacks are encouraged to embrace Jesus in lieu of justice fairness.
This has been a repeating mantra for many many generations.

Whites fight with all they have for justice, fairness and equality.

Just look at the gay rights movement.
Look at how they have tirelessly cowed the whole world to cede to their demands for equality, justice and the right to even redefine the definition of marriage.
No one asked them to put Jesus above their sexual identity.

Look at how the Jews fought and got their properties,reparations and justice from Germany for the atrocities of the Nazis.
No one told them to put Jesus above their Jewishness.

It is only blacks that are programmed to put Jesus before their self-identity, their dignity, their rights.
Who is fooling who?
When will this con game be over?

1 Like

Re: Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by vedaxcool(m): 8:24am On Jul 23, 2013
^
the con would be over when you r ashamed of the article mazaje posted, which blame blacks as a whole of tryvon tragedy . I believe you r simply being dishonest, which offcourse remains your inalienable right.

unfollow thread.
Re: Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by plaetton: 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
vedaxcool: ^
the con would be over when you r ashamed of the article mazaje posted, which blame blacks as a whole of tryvon tragedy . I believe you r simply being dishonest, which offcourse remains your inalienable right.

unfollow thread.

Dishonest in what way?
Re: Put Jesus Above Your Blackness-says Black Pastor. OMG. I'm So Ashamed by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Vedaxcool is not someone to take seriously

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Christs Look Alike (picture) / Pics: Little Boy Steals Show On Pope Francis Event / 10 Reasons Why We Must Love Unlovable Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.