Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club? (765 Views)

I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says / Which European Football Club Has The Highest Supporters In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club? by SuperSuave(m): 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
Some people became fans of certain clubs because of certain things.
I have a friend who became a Chelsea fan because a Chelsea fan was giving Chelsea fans chewing gum in their school cos Chelsea won a match.
Some people support certain clubs cos of certain players. For example, some people tend to like Madrid and thereby hate barça cos of C.Ronaldo. Even if a player is transferred from one team to another, some people will become fans of his new club and forget their former club. Like Fabregas,Henry,Song(Arsenal to Barca). C.Ronaldo(Man utd to Madrid).…
Why are you a fan of the team you support and when did you start?
#leggo
Re: Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club? by taiocol: 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
I support kano pillars bcause of money when i dey recieve nd bcause of gambo, while my mainteam na warri wolve. Me na confam delta.
Re: Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club? by SuperSuave(m): 7:14am On Jul 23, 2013
I became a Manchester united fan cos of a friend while I was in JSS-1. He has dstv then while I didn't, so he do tell me about united.
Re: Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club? by datChelseaBoy: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2013
Nice thread. I'm a Rangers, Enyimba, Heartland and Chelsea fan. I became a fan of the first three because they are Southeastern clubs and I live in the SE so they are the clubs nearest to me. I became a Chelsea fan in SS1 when my friends used to discuss football every monday and midweek after watching the EPL and Champions League. I used to be a Man Utd fan when I didn't know much about club football though I followed the countries well. I think my interest in football increased when I had my first PS2 and played PES 2006 with it. I immediately and "mumuishly" switched to Chelsea because most of my friends were Chelsea fans and they made a lot of noise and argued a lot. But I don't regret that decision cos Chelsea are the most charismatic club in England cheesy
I even created a blog dedicated to Chelsea FC... http://wearebluesforever..com
Re: Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club? by Evestar200(f): 10:10am On Jul 23, 2013
I Support WARRI WOLVES cuz is my city football club and their stadium is close to my home and i do go there to watch their game sometimes and i started supporting MAN UTD when i was in primary cuz they always win trophies,,and their fans are unique and decent
Re: Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club? by LoveFootball1: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2013
I started out has a Manchester United Fan... I really liked Eric Cantona, not necessarily because he was an amazing player but because of his charisma and style, them i fell in love with David Beckham (still am) and then we won the treble, Its was United Till i die. Then Cristiano Ronaldo joined United and my love for the club seemed like it would never end until Ronaldo was sold. This was where the spirit of cheating started to test me. i found my self watch more real Madrid games that Manchester unite and my excuse at the time was Real is My Spanish team and United are my Premier League Team. United is my first Wife and Real is my second wife.

This continued until two season ago when this cheating spirit led me to start enjoying Manchester city, i was sleeping with neighbor an abomination in all right. The flirtatious combination of Silver, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Tevez , Aguero and bad boy Baloooooteli wooed me. My red eye turned blue, my red hot Sun became a blue Moon and its was easy to keep this relationship because if i was asked which team i support i will say Manchester.

Not long into the 2011-2012 season i started to criticize my first wife and how unattractive her football is and how Sir Alex needs to retire, my friends and family wondered where this was coming from even though they found reason in some of the points i made but no one knew i was cheating with the neighbor.

On the final day of the season i found myself watching the city game rather than the United game and i confirmed this was just not lust it was love when Aguero scored the last minute goal to win the league. At that point i knew i had gone too far i had become blue.

Manchester united at the end of that summer was meant to sign Sneijder a player which i absolutely love... but instead opted for RVP... An Arsenal Player cry that just made me sick. I moved out and found myself in London loving a fragile team with Dimatteo's Charm and Champions league glory calling name. I fell for Chelsea (2012/2013) season. I fell for Mata's majic, Luiz's guile and I pitied Torres. Chelsea also sign Victor Moses, which gave me a national interest.

Two trophies after a the return of the Chosen 1, i find myself lost in london. I really want to go back home because i really like Moyes but with Rooney looking like he is on his way to London i really don't know where if Old Trafford is what it used to be.

Over the last month, i have taken time off to decide exactly which team i will follow next season but i have come to a conclusion that its the players i am a fan off an not the team. and i wondered if only i can have all my favorite players in one team who easy my life will be. that way i don,t feel like i am cheating on any team.

I did a bit of research and i learnt about Love Football Fantasy League.

Love Football is a Fantasy Football platform that allows you manage the team of your dreams based around the real life performances of your favorite players in a Fantasy League.

The Love Football Fantasy League Nigeria allows users to pick a team of 15 players primarily from Teams in English Premier League (and the Love Football FC). Your team will score points based on the individual performances of the players you have chosen for their respective real life teams.

The love football season will run concurrently with the European (or EPL) Season and at the end of the Season the Winners will share from the 2,500,000 cash Pot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhv0u7z-MqA

If you have the same dilemma as i do join me in playing love football on www.lovefootballfc.com

It is free as well.

1 Like

Re: Why And When Did You Become A Fan Of Your Football Club? by SuperSuave(m): 5:47am On Dec 13, 2013
Evestar200: I Support WARRI WOLVES cuz is my city football club and their stadium is close to my home and i do go there to watch their game sometimes and i started supporting MAN UTD when i was in primary cuz they always win trophies,,and their fans are unique and decent
yes oº°˚˚˚˚°ºo! UP MAN U̶̲̥̅̊!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

FC Copenhagen Striker Fanendo Adi Says He Is Only Thinking About Playing For 9ja / Mikel Obi,drogba,yaya Toure Makes The Final Shortlist For CAF Player Of The Year / Stephen Keshi Finally Explains Why He Dumped Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.