Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash (3020 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Mother's State Burial (Pictures) / Patience Jonathan's Mother's Funeral (Pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by airmark(m): 2:57am On Jul 23, 2013
There was anxiety in Port Harcourt on Monday as news of the death of Mrs. Iwari-Oba, the mother of the wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Patience, spread in the Rivers State capital.

The mother of Mrs. Jonathan was said to have been involved in a ghastly motor accident along Elele Road in Rivers State.

It was gathered that the woman, who is from Okrika Local Government Area, was on her way to Bayelsa State when the accident happened.

Unconfirmed report indicated that her corpse was taken to Kpaiyama Mortuary by a team of policemen and a member representing Ogu Bolo State Constituency, Mr. Evans Bipi, who is a relative to the deceased.

Though, the police and the Federal Road Safety Commission in the state could not confirm the incident, an aide to Bipi said the First Lady’s mother died in a road accident, which occurred at about 4pm.

Bipi’s aide, Mr. Fred Itobo, told The PUNCH that the President’s wife’s mother was involved in the accident while she was on her way to Bayelsa State.

“Yes! She was involved in an accident and she died. Her body has been taken to a mortuary. Bipi was among those who took her body to the mortuary,” Itobo said.

When contacted, the State Director of FRSC, Dr. Kayode Olagunju, declined comment on the matter, saying, “I cannot say anything on this matter now until I get full details.”

Though effort to get reactions from the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Angela Agabe, proved futile, she had already told a journalist on the telephone that she had not been briefed on such crash.

http://www.punchng.com/news/patience-jonathans-mother-dies-in-crash/
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by ogb5(m): 2:59am On Jul 23, 2013
Bad
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by PapaBrowne(m): 3:05am On Jul 23, 2013
Hmmm! This battle has gone into spiritualese. The Kongi might have questions to answer.
It is not funny oh. I hope its false as Saharareporters is very good at breaking false news.
If its true, May her soul rest in peace and may her family be given the fortitude to bear.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Pygru: 3:30am On Jul 23, 2013
Eeeeya...... Sad
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nomski0(f): 3:30am On Jul 23, 2013
May her soul rest in perfect peace. Take heart dame PEJ
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Sijo01(f): 6:01am On Jul 23, 2013
Seriously........will not believe till I hear it on the radio/watch it on the TV.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 23, 2013
This what some people dont understand, dont be too proud when you become rich or powerfull. im not mocking my dear first lady, but she should see this, that the world is no man's highland. it could have been her or her husband, and 'zaap' her power will disappear.
moral: dont step on toes cos u r rich becos dis world na nothing.

RIP 2 r dear mama and may her soul rest in peace(amen)

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by idupaul: 6:05am On Jul 23, 2013
Who Killed Mama PEJ ?

A. Overspeeding. Govt Landcruiser

B. Neglected Bad Roads

C. Poor Hospital Emergency Facilities

D. Kongi's Shrine tins

E. Ameachi Forces

F . Shit Happens

May God give the First Family the fortitude to bear the Loss .. RIP Ma

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by raytony: 6:06am On Jul 23, 2013
RIP Ma. Those of una wey dey find am hard to believe, shey rich people abi First Lady no dey die? Anyway, I just hope say dem no go mention Amaechi name for this because in Nigeria, anything can be politicized to score few political points.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by slap1(m): 6:11am On Jul 23, 2013
Wao! So sad!
RIP, FIRST MOTHER IN-LAW.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by henchamb(m): 6:13am On Jul 23, 2013
Every post on her death was closed as I have been searching since yesterday to see an open one. Now that o have seen, I have forgotten what I wanted to say. Well to mama retardeeness, all I can say is RIp. Y do good pple die and d bad stay alive even when Evans bipi was in the entourage. I can't even imagine how the face of her retardeeness will be by now. Madam bfor I forget abeg try dress well not wat u wore when his retardeen brother was buried that showed us ur nipple. To madam ngozi pls keep d state allocations because we will use it to do burial
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Linoversace: 6:14am On Jul 23, 2013
PapaBrowne: Hmmm! This battle has gone into spiritualese. The Kongi might have questions to answer.
It is not funny oh. I hope its false as Saharareporters is very good at breaking false news.
If its true, May her soul rest in peace and may her family be given the fortitude to bear.

The story and source clearly states THE PUNCH! Where did you see Sahara reporters?

May her soul R.I.P!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by alaoeri: 6:15am On Jul 23, 2013
Maybe this 'll stop PEJ & GEJ witch hunting Amaechi.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 23, 2013
henchamb: To madam ngozi pls keep d state allocations because we will use it to do burial

and we continue to use the funds for burial since it cant get to the masses.

did sumbody say A....?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 23, 2013
henchamb: To madam ngozi pls keep d state allocations because we will use it to do burial

and we will continue to use the funds for burials since its not meant for the masses.

did sumbody say A....?
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 23, 2013
PapaBrowne: Hmmm! This battle has gone into spiritualese. The Kongi might have questions to answer.

To bear what? Complete am now illiterate!

What battle has gone spiritual,huh, backwards, superstitious, ignorant Nigerian ? The same spirits that said they should siphon the money meant for good roads or the spirits that insisted that N4Billion should be spent on a farce of a building and N1.3Billion meals instead of funding an emergency response team for incidents such as the one that has now claimed her mothers life?

Sorry o, but if it is true, then the chickens have just come home to roost thats all. Im not gloating at her pain, but I do not feel sympathy for her at all. She should cry, suck it up, and complain to God like millions of Nigerians who find themselves in similar situations do annually because of greedy and inhumane acts being carried out by herself and her cohorts.

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Ganys: 6:25am On Jul 23, 2013
Hmmmm.....this will serve as a wake up call for Madam Shepopotamus in soyinka word to Call her Husband to Order. East west Road is the main Asarailu (Angel of Death) in south south. Yet, some people will tell me GEJ is working...
Make una continue to praise him until ur close relative fall victim too. Nonsense angry

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by stepone(m): 6:25am On Jul 23, 2013
Another way of diverting our attention. If true, may her soul RIP.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by 3ace(m): 6:25am On Jul 23, 2013
So sad, may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by KwoiZabo(m): 6:27am On Jul 23, 2013
This is not good at all
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by KwoiZabo(m): 6:29am On Jul 23, 2013
cryThis is not good at all
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by 3ace(m): 6:30am On Jul 23, 2013
Linoversace:

The story and source clearly states THE PUNCH! Where did you see Sahara reporters?

May her soul R.I.P!
Simple, he did not read the story.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by kliq(m): 6:30am On Jul 23, 2013
Hiya...accident myt have bin as a result of bad road...sad tho...God bless d dead sad
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Ajibel(m): 6:34am On Jul 23, 2013
PEJ should hold GEJ responsible tongue
RIP mama if story is true o

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 23, 2013
May her soul rest in peace. My condolences to the first lady and the president.
Nigerian's don't know when to cross the line in certain issues. Don't bring politics into this woman's death. Please

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by abu12: 6:35am On Jul 23, 2013
Another avenue to hold meeting with is disciples on earth against amaechi
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 23, 2013
Most ghastly and fatal vehicle accidents in nigeria take place in good roads. The FRSC has stated this.
We always blame the government for everything while we fail to take responsibility for our own misdemeanors.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Vansnickers: 6:42am On Jul 23, 2013

Please, can you do us all a favor and Shut up!

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by israel007: 6:47am On Jul 23, 2013
RIP

I'm sure the likes of Wole would be glad.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Brimmie(m): 6:51am On Jul 23, 2013
All i can do is to laugh.. grin and laugh grin grin and lauuughhhhhh grin grin grin grin
JONATHAN IS WORKING.. FRESH AIR EVERYWHERE

R. I. P MAMAPOTAMUS

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash by Freewilly(f): 6:55am On Jul 23, 2013
very sad indeed, but what is the mother in law of the President doing traveling by road. Se should be in a helicopter or private jet for crying out loud.

(1) (2) (3)

Dr. Isaac Ikere: The Bayelsan Boko Haram Medical Doctor / "Quote From Bishop Kukah / Hypocrites, Come in and Tell Us Where & Who Are The Dogs & The baboons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.