Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

The Spirit Within Vs The Spirit Upon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spirit Within Vs The Spirit Upon (4037 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / The Movement Of The Spirit Within Into The Soul Then To The Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Spirit Within Vs The Spirit Upon by sidespin: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
THE SPIRIT WITHIN VS THE SPIRIT UPON

In a vision I had in 1959, Jesus said to me, "There is a difference between the Old Testament prophet and the New Testament prophet. That is where many folks miss it today. They try to give the New Testament prophet the same status as the Old Testament prophet, and he doesn't have the same status. "First of all," Jesus said, "the Old Testament prophet was the only ministry in operation from the standpoint of preaching or teaching the people by inspired utterance. That's not true under the New Testament. Under the New Covenant, I have set the fivefold ministry in the Church for the perfecting of the saints" (Eph. 4:11,12).

"Not only that, but under the New Covenant every believer is to follow the Holy Spirit for himself [Rom. 8:14]. Under the Old Covenant there was a sacrificial system for worship because God was dealing with spiritually dead people; they couldn't worship God in spirit and in truth. "But under the New Covenant, believers are not to set up some kind of a system for believers to worship God or to communicate with Him. Believers are to worship God in Spirit and in truth, and they are to be led by their spirit.

"Under the Old Testament," Jesus continued, "the only people who were specially anointed by God were the prophet, priest, and king. The king was anointed by the Holy Ghost to stand in that office, but he was not anointed to preach. The priest was anointed by the Holy Ghost to stand in that office, but he wasn't a preacher either. He taught the Law to the people so they would obey God's commandments and precepts. But he wasn't a preacher.

"Of course," Jesus continued, "the priests had a ministry under the Old Covenant. But it was not necessarily a ministry of preaching and teaching. They did exhort the people about the ways of the Lord and about carrying out the sacrificial system. But, actually, under the Old Covenant the prophets were the only preachers or ministers the people had. The prophet was the only one who could speak for God, as he was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

"You notice how the prophets kept preaching to Israel, trying to get the people to turn back to God. Even in the Old Testament, the prophet was a preacher, and he preached by inspired utterance." Jesus continued, "Under the Old Testament, what we call the laity or the laymen didn't have the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost came upon the prophet, priest, and king to anoint them to stand in those offices. But the layman didn't have the Holy Spirit upon him.

"Remember David was prophet, priest, and king [Acts 2:25,30; 2 Sam. 5:12; 24:25]. No one else but the prophet, priest, and king had the Holy Spirit in any measure upon them. The only exception to that was when God would sometimes call people to carry out special jobs or functions for Him. Then He would anoint them with the Holy Spirit just to perform that task."

Very seldom under the New Covenant does God ever lead anyone through the flesh. When He does, it is only when people are so spiritually insensitive and dull that they would not understand His leading any other way." Jesus said to me, "Under the Old Covenant, the prophet gave guidance to the people because they didn't have the Holy Ghost for themselves. So the people had to go to the prophet to inquire what 'Thus saith the Lord.'"

"But under the New Covenant,"
Jesus continued, "I didn't put the prophet in that office to lead or guide believers. Every believer has the Holy Spirit in him to lead and guide him; each believer can hear from God for himself. Therefore, under the New Covenant, it is unscriptural to seek guidance through a prophet." Jesus said, "Sometimes in His own divine sovereignty, God may speak a word to a person through a prophet to confirm something a believer already has in his own spirit. But the prophet is not to lead or guide people through that office; normally every believer will be led by the Holy Spirit through his own spirit.

"Sons of God can expect to be led by the Spirit of God [Rom. 8:14]. Therefore, the number ONE way the Holy Spirit leads all Christians, including prophets, is by the inward witness. "SECONDLY, the Holy Spirit leads believers by the still, small voice. And, THIRDLY, believers are led by the authoritative Voice of the Holy Ghost in their own spirit. "Then, FOURTHLY," Jesus said, "very rarely, but once in a while as He wills, the Holy Spirit may occasionally lead people by a vision or a revelation. Of course, that happens more frequently to those who are called to the office of the prophet."

Jesus said, "Of course, there is a similarity in the ministries of the Old and New Testament prophets. For example, one characteristic of the prophet under the Old Covenant is that they were called seers because they would see into the realm of the spirit and see and know things supernaturally. "That is also true of prophets under the New Covenant; they see and know things supernaturally. The revelation gifts such as the word of knowledge or the word of wisdom often operate with the gift of discerning of spirits."

Jesus explained, "Under the Old Testament, since the prophets were the only ministers the people had, it was scriptural to have schools where they could be trained. "But under the New Covenant," Jesus explained, "My plan for the New Testament Church in ministry is different than it was under the Old Covenant. That's why I set the fivefold ministry in the Church. You see, all the ministries need the same basic training."

Jesus said, "One reason it is unscriptural under the New Testament to have schools of prophets is that it leaves the impression that prophets are the only ministry gift there is under the New Covenant, or the most important one, and they aren't. "Under the New Testament, it is scriptural to have schools for ministers because all the ministry gifts need the same basic training. The prophet doesn't need different basic training from the other ministry gifts. Then once ministry gifts receive the same fundamental training, let Me separate each of them unto the ministry I have called them to" (see Acts 13:2).

Jesus continued, "There are some things the prophet needs to be taught, just as there are some things the apostle, evangelist, pastor, and teacher need to be taught. But, basically, the same principles, training, and qualifications that apply to the prophet, apply to all the ministry gifts. It is ministerial training." (Kenneth Hagin)
Re: The Spirit Within Vs The Spirit Upon by Anointing1(m): 7:34am On Jul 20, 2022
The Anointing within is stirred by the word of God.. But the anointing upon is stirred by Prayer..

The Anointing upon comes for people and operation, but the anointing within comes to sustain the Anointing upon.

https://spiritgatechannel.com/2022/07/19/the-anointing-upon-and-the-anointing-within-dual-workings-of-the-anointing/

(1) (Reply)

7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering / The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / Women And Trousers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.