Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) (80255 Views)

Caption These Air Conditioned Houses. Pictures. / FG’s Mortgage Scheme Kicked Off With First Set Of 10,000 Houses / Lands, Houses, And Filling Stations For Sale At Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 99cent: 3:14am On Jul 26, 2013
jakaiso:

My point basically is that the credit system allows the vast majority of the population of any country to live well above poverty and acquire what those in teh 3rd world consider luxuries. Having a car, having a good home in a well developed neighbourhood are not luxuries in the developed world.
The sub prime disaster started after the dot com crash when the feds lowered interest rates-the banks got easy money and started lending anybody-job or no job, good or bad credit credit-that was 1999/2000- 8 years later it al collapsed. But before 1999 and now after the recession that has started easing off-people are still getting credit to buy houses and cars-the key is to do it within your means.
If you $30,000 a year ( and your wife $24,000 to $30,000 or more) and have been able to save $10,000 there is nothing wrong in placing that $10,000 as down payment for house that you buy for $130,000-with your income -you can pay that off in 5 to 10 years -although the banks will offer you 30 years!

ok. point taken.
i thought u were saying that the houses were too expensive compared to US (without considering the location ie lagos island vs rural village in nigeria).
so what u mean is that even though they are expensive, poor people should be able to buy them with credit and pay over their lifetime. lol u might have a point.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 26, 2013
(60)Nine%:

You're welcome. Let them keep hating and claiming.
It's Yoruba land, why are they surprised that most of the properties belong to Yorubas? grin
They are surprised because the only way they've being taught to make money is by carrying drugs. So it amazes them because they don't know what it means to be hard working.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by hablus019(m): 5:50am On Jul 26, 2013
Lagos to minland

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 26, 2013
I loves this castle, by his Grace I own something much more superb.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by jakaiso(m): 6:04am On Jul 26, 2013
99cent:

ok. point taken.
i thought u were saying that the houses were too expensive compared to US (without considering the location ie lagos island vs rural village in nigeria).
so what u mean is that even though they are expensive, poor people should be able to buy them with credit and pay over their lifetime. lol u might have a point.

I understand you Bros -but not poor people. Poor people in America live in projects and trail parks or Section 8 housing.I dont expect poor people to live in such house or condos. But it should not be a big deal for someone in the middle class.The middle class is the strenght of any country that wants to develop economically. When all you all have is the poor, very poor, rich and very rich-that country is heading towards disaster.
The credit system allows the poor to graduate to get to the middle class and acts as a safety net for the rich who make lossess in business.
No one needs to pay back credit over their lifetime (though many do) thats slavery.

You can pay a car loan back in 3 years -a mortagage in 5 to 15 years. The key is financial wisdom and planning.

In my country Nigeria-unless you fall into either of these catagories: you steal, are born into wealth-or you are the type that can really husssle, take risks, generate ideas that are turned into money-most Nigerians dont build their own houses until their late 40s and 50s or buy a car until their 30s. It took one of my Uncles who was the GM of an Insurance company in the 90s 20 years ( when he was almost 60) to complete a house in Lanbe area after Sabo/Ojodu- omo onile had taken his first 2 plots of land and even now-his house is actully what he planned to be the BQ-there is still a vast plot of land left which he doesnt have the resources to complete. Another Uncle who is a Prof at LASU completed his house 2 years ago at the age of almost 65.
Whereas another Uncle ( i have 11 Uncles and Aunts on my mums side!) who was a hustler and risk taker had built his house before he was 40 in 1980 in Kaduna! Of course for my Uncle who remained in the village -having a house was no big deal.
If these Uncles (and Aunts) had had access to the credit system -they could have bought houses way back in the late 70s ( they all graduated from Universities in the 70s.)
In the USA- a 25 year old with or without a degree can buy a house-if hes 'ordinary' the house can be paid off by the time hes 55, if hes fast-he can have it paid off by the time hes 30 to 35.
And most cars are paid off in 2 to 5 years.

The credit system helps the middle class who in turn develop the economy of a country!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 26, 2013
playmode: I love the way LAGOS has developed but to be honest ,the development is mostly eye candy.These buildings remind me of the term,look but don't touch. Now before you jump on me hear me out.

What is the point of having these lovely buildings when the average Nigerian can not afford to live in them?

Some of these building are rented out at the rate of $20,000 per annum and the ones that are for sale go for over N100,000,000

What saddens me is that in foreign countries buildings that look like these ones are easily affordable by the average joe,why is that not so in Nigeria?

In Texas there are acres of land being sold for as little as $300

In Florida you can get premium waterfront plot for as little as $9000

In Michigan you can buy a 4 bedroom house with swimming pool for as little as $35000

Why do we enjoy making ourselves miserable in Nigeria?

Why do we always overprice everything in Nigeria ,are we that greedy and selfish?

Why do we always want to please expats instead of our people?

We can't we have a change of heart and start to care more about our people than showing off to expats.

Many of these eye candy ultra expensive estate are sitting empty because most people can't afford them.

Out average citizens should be able afford to rent of buy these building.

I appreciate these buildings for their visual quality but I can not appreciate their value as the average man can not even afford to rent them.

I hope in future that Nigerians will have a change of heart and lower prices of this building so that the average dude can get a chance to inhabit and experience them.

By the way I am Yoruba just in case you are wondering.

Dem go feel am? Damburuba!

It's like i will come over to texas and engage in farming if they got cheap land....

Seriously how can i fancy what 99% of Nigerians cannot afford. I do ask myself, how does it benefit me ?
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 6:44am On Jul 26, 2013
jakaiso:

I understand you Bros -but not poor people. Poor people in America live in projects and trail parks or Section 8 housing.I dont expect poor people to live in such house or condos. But it should not be a big deal for someone in the middle class.The middle class is the strenght of any country that wants to develop economically. When all you all have is the poor, very poor, rich and very rich-that country is heading towards disaster.
The credit system allows the poor to graduate to get to the middle class and acts as a safety net for the rich who make lossess in business.
No one needs to pay back credit over their lifetime (though many do) thats slavery.

You can pay a car loan back in 3 years -a mortagage in 5 to 15 years. The key is financial wisdom and planning.

In my country Nigeria-unless you fall into either of these catagories: you steal, are born into wealth-or you are the type that can really husssle, take risks, generate ideas that are turned into money-most Nigerians dont build their own houses until their late 40s and 50s or buy a car until their 30s. It took one of my Uncles who was the GM of an Insurance company in the 90s 20 years ( when he was almost 60) to complete a house in Lanbe area after Sabo/Ojodu- omo onile had taken his first 2 plots of land and even now-his house is actully what he planned to be the BQ-there is still a vast plot of land left which he doesnt have the resources to complete. Another Uncle who is a Prof at LASU completed his house 2 years ago at the age of almost 65.
Whereas another Uncle ( i have 11 Uncles and Aunts on my mums side!) who was a hustler and risk taker had built his house before he was 40 in 1980 in Kaduna! Of course for my Uncle who remained in the village -having a house was no big deal.
If these Uncles (and Aunts) had had access to the credit system -they could have bought houses way back in the late 70s ( they all graduated from Universities in the 70s.)
In the USA- a 25 year old with or without a degree can buy a house-if hes 'ordinary' the house can be paid off by the time hes 55, if hes fast-he can have it paid off by the time hes 30 to 35.

The credit system helps the middle class who in turn develop the economy of a country!

That system exists in Lagos State annd it's mainly for the poor and middle class who buy houses and flats in government estates and pay of the mortgage over a 20-25 year period. It was for this reason that the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC) was established and the present administration has set up the Lagos Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (HOMS).

The military governments that destroyed Lagos did not give citizens the opportunity to benefit from these schemes, but the civilian governments (Jakande and Fashola) have ensured that citizens have this opportunity.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 26, 2013
jakaiso:

I am a Nigerian and have lived in Nigeria. I have also lived in the USA (visting many parts), Ghana and the UK -plus have visited many EU and West African countries. Much of what the foriegn media reports about Nigeria is either outrightly false or half truths.

I was once watching a documentary on BBC about an issue that happened in Lagos, Nigeria. It centered around a meeting that held at the Sheraton Hotel in Ikeja. Just before they showed Sheraton-the camera seemed to show the drive-up to the hotel. Anyone who had never been to Lagos-would think that Sheraton was an island of opulence in the midst of unimagineable squalor. They showed the filth that is found around the water houses in Bariga I think (which I often saw while driving on the 3rd mainland bridge).Im not sure if those water houses are still there-but they are almost an hour from Maryland where Sheraton Hotel is.
Yet if you were watching that documentary, you would think that all the buildings around the hotel were filty ghetto squalors.
On Mobolaji Bank Anthony way which passes from Ikeja general hospital /ikeja plaza area to the Maryland junction and goes in front of Sheraton Hotel-there are $1 million dollars home especially at the Estate near Ikorodu road (i think its called Onigbongbo estate or something) and this estate is not or at least was not in the top 30 prime areas in Lagos ( I briefly practiced real estate after graduating from University with a degree in Estate Management). And there are of course also low middle class houses around that area.
And not to forget Sheraton Hotel is barely 2 miles from Opebi/Allen Avenue and GRA, Ikeja.
There is not one ghetto or shanty town in that area. But the average foreigner watching that BBC deocumentary would think that Nigerians generally live in squalor and filth while the hotels are reserved for foreigners!

And just to tell you-please dont think that people who live in ghettos or the popular face me I face you buildings are like the poor black people who live in government projects and poor white people who live in trail parks (white trash) in the USA-no way! Many of them have N100,000 stacked under their matteresses or with the thrift collector-and while a salary of N100,000 is just $700- in Nigeria it will give you the life of someone who earns $3000 in the USA.

Many of these people are molue drivers /okada riders, petty traders who earn up to N1000 to N5000 per day.N1000 is barely $7-but N1000 will get you what $100 gets you in the USA. I have lived and live in both countries and know!
They just cant afford the expensive rents in Lagos payable in many cases 2 to 3 years in advance and they cant or wont go back to the village-because Lagos is "where the life is" and the stepping stone to Yankee or Jand!

Intelligent comparism.!.

At least, you are not among those claiming, it is our land..

You just said the truth about foreign media' misrepresentation of nigeria. In as much as many Nigerians are suffering harsh economic situation, we still have many middle class nigerians who have one or two things economically going for them.

The main problem of this country is youth unemployment. Not a case of poverty per say. These youths still have parents or relatives they fall back on, but it holds grave consequencies for the future.

I challange the policy makers of this country, the minister of finance, trade and investment to stipulate policies and work in tandem with our senate to make laws to protect the country's economy.

Nigeria is the biggest consumer of imported goods in africa. Companies like TECNO, NOKIA, TOYOTA and BLACKBERRY have made so much money from nigerians. Such companies should be made to build production factories in nigeria or risk losing market share completely. Jobs should be created for nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:18am On Jul 26, 2013
naptu2: Now I'm going to give you links, stories, pictures, etc (if the anti-spam bot doesn't ban me), but before that I'm going to give you some background.

I believe that Fashola came to complete what Jakande started. Many of Fashola's policies are not really new, but he is returning Lagos to what it was in the 1950s and also completing or improving what Jakande started in the 1980s (I also have to admit that some of the projects were started during Tinubu's administration). (I'm smiling right now because I remember that my family were staunchly opposed to Jakande's education policies).

Lagos HOMS: Jakande (well, Lagos State Development and Property Corporation [LSDPC) built the famous Jakande low cost houses and offered them for sale to Lagosians. The key to the success of this scheme was mortgages. You pay a small initial deposit and pay the rest over the next twenty or thirty years. This made it affordable to the average Lagosian. However, there was a flaw in that model and Fashola has thought of a way to address that flaw. Multi-millionaires bought a lot of the flats/houses and resold them at higher rates. I know one such man who still has several flats in several low cost estates in Lagos.

With Lagos HOMS you must swear an affidavit that you do not own any other house in Lagos and you are not allowed to let out the flat/house (that is, you must be the one occupying the flat) for the 20 or so years it will take you to pay off the mortgage.

There are also several other programmes and policies that I will post here tonight (if sleep doesn't take me away), including the skills acquisition centres, the Lagos Micro-Finance Institution, Kaiyero and other markets, Isale-Gangan urban renewal (I'll even show you pics of Isale-Gangan in the 1950s and 90s), the Destitute's Home, etc.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:19am On Jul 26, 2013
naptu2: [size=14pt]Lagos Home Ownership Scheme (Lagos H.O.M. S)[/size]

THE LAGOS HOMS

It has been identified that the greatest obstacle to achieving the goal of housing for all is the absence of enduring mortgage system.

Provision of Accommodation is by nature capital intensive and affordability implies that for low and medium income earners to be able to buy houses, there must be in place a mortgage finance system and one of the major challenges that impedes home ownership in Nigeria is the inadequacy of the mortgage sector.

Faced with the ever increasing need to provide adequate accommodation for the citizenry, the State Government reaches the need to assist the citizenry in meeting their shelter aspiration as well as facilitate the creation of long term and sustainable wealth.

Lagos HOMS, a home ownership scheme that affords first time home buyers who are resident in Lagos State the opportunity to own their homes.

FEATURES OF THE SCHEME

·        Tenor minimum of 10 years and maximum of 20 years.

·        Facility Amount. This will be subject to the 70% balance of the cost of the type of Houses purchased.

·        Equity Contribution: Applicant would be required to make a minimum equity contribution of 30% value of the property he/she intends to buy.

·        Pricing

-Interest rate 6%

-Fee N10,000 (Civil Servant)

-Admin. Charges N25,000 (Others)

-No other charge

·        Repayment

-Equal periodic principal repayment. Interest to be paid on reducing balance or

-Equal monthly installment of both principal and interest.

·        Security

Deed of  Mortgage over the property to be acquired.

MODE OF OPERATION FOR THE SCHEME

·        Interested Applicants must obtain a form from Ministry of Housing or download form from the Lagos State Government website (www.lagosstate.gov.ng).

·        Applicants should fill the form and submit to Ministry of Housing accompanied with payment of N1,000 for the Application Form.

·        Applicants who have submitted his/her application forms will be directed to any of the three receiving banks for pre-qualification.

·        All Applicants pre-qualified and recommended by any of the receiving Banks will be issued with Letter of Offer.

·        Applicants are expected to pay the 30% equity contribution to any of the three collaborating banks.

·        Applicants to submit proof of payment and an acceptance Letter to Ministry of Housing.

·        Ministry of Housing refers documents to Ministry of Justice to prepare and execute Contract of Sales and Deed of Mortgage Agreements.

·        Housing releases Letter of Confirmation of Allocation and keys to successful Applicants.

CONDITIONS/ELIGIBILITY FOR QUALIFYING FOR THE MORTGAGE SCHEME

-          Applicant must reside in Lagos

-          Applicant must be under 60 years of age.

-          Applicant must have a verifiable means of income.

-          Applicants should be credit worthy.

-          Successful Applicants are expected to pay 30% of the value of the house they intend to purchase.

-          Houses purchased under the scheme must be occupied by the beneficiary and cannot be transferred or rented out until all obligations has been fulfilled

-          Beneficiaries are to pay 6% interest rate on the mortgage loan.

-          Applicants must have been working for his/her current employer for at least six months (and must be so confirmed by employer).

-          Applicants must be first time Home Buyers.                               

FINDING

The Lagos HOMS is a mortgage scheme that is completely funded by the Lagos State Government.  Apart from providing the pool of Houses, Government also provide the funds for the mortgage facility being granted.

GLOBAL TERM SHEET FOR LAGOS HOME OWNERSHIP AND MORTGAGE SCHEME

Background:- This term sheet tends to provide a standardization for administering the Lagos State Home Ownership and Mortgage Scheme to all residents of Lagos State. Though priority will be given to Civil Servants in Lagos State Ministries and Parastatals, the target market is all residents of the state (irrespective of tribe), that is Lagosians. The purpose of the scheme is to encourage first time home buyers with verifiable source of income to own their own houses.  To administer this scheme for LASG, three banks have been nominated; FBN Mortgages, Skye Mortgages and Zenith Bank Plc.

Definition of Risk Acceptance Criteria: For the purpose of this term sheet, the table below spells out the risk acceptance criteria for effective administration of the scheme which will be adopted by the participating banks involved.

Risk Acceptance Criteria

Pre – Qualification /Screening Process:

1.     Lagos State Government will first pre-qualify the intending beneficiary who must a first time home owner in Lagos State and  the claim of first time home ownership must be administered under an Oath.

2.     The pre-qualified individual must open an individual current account with Bank. The account will serve for both the purpose of paying 30% equity contribution and also for monthly repayment.

3.     The beneficiary will submit hisher allocation paper from LASG to the bank along with request letter and apply for a mortgage scheme under Lagos State Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme.

4.     Upon meeting the Risk Acceptance Criteria tabulated above, approval will be conveyed via an offer letter and monthly repayment schedule communicated to the beneficiary.

5.     For proof of affordability, salary earners are to submit pay slips for the past 6 months and salary account statement for the past one year while self employed would submit company profile, three years audited account statement and businesspersonal account statement for the past 12 months.

6.     Monthly repayment as stated in the repayment schedule commences as soon as offer is accepted and condition precedent to commencement of monthly repayment is met.

7.      Bank will communicate acceptance and approval to LASG for release of Keys to the beneficiary to take possession.

8.     Update on monthly repayment will be given to LASG on monthly basis.

9.     A dedicated account will be opened which will warehouse all monthly payment from the buyers which would have joint signatories from the Ministry of Housing $ Ministry of Finance.

Event of Default

This occurs:

1.      If the beneficiary fails to make repayments for three consecutive times.

2.      If repayment has not been regular and there been defaults at three different times which in the opinion of the banker has raised doubt on the ability of the beneficiary to continue with the repayment, such issues will be reported to LASG who will take steps towards foreclosure.

Foreclosure of Security:

The interest on the properties resides with Lagos State Government, hence the right to foreclose lies with them.

MonitoringTracking of Repayment:

This shall be the joint responsibilities of LASG and Bank. Bank on a monthly basis will be updating LASG on the repayment update that shall aggressively follow up with any loan defaulters for regularization.

Accelerated Repayment:

This shall be allowed so far 90 days notice is given which shall also be communicated to LASG.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagemenus.php?p=106&k=29

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:20am On Jul 26, 2013
[size=14pt]Lagos HOMS: 2,624 Houses Ready For Allocation[/size] by melojames: 1:04pm On Apr 17

melojames: The Lagos State Government will soon allocate 2,624 housing units to beneficiaries under its Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme.

Many of the houses have been completed and inaugurated by Governor Babatunde Fashola, while others are at different stages of completion, according to the Commissioner for Housing, Mr. Bosun Jeje.

Jeje, who disclosed this at the Housing ministry’s yearly ministerial press briefing in Ikeja on Friday, said the implementing agencies were his ministry, the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation, New Town Development Authority and Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development.

According to the commissioner, there are 264 flats in 22 blocks at the Igbogbo 2B scheme built by the Housing ministry; 144 units at Shogunro 1 and 96 units at Shogunro 2, as well as 36 units at Shitta, all developed by LSDPC.

He said NTDA delivered 492 units in Igando; 844 units in Omole 2; 48 units in Magodo 2; 96 units in Lekki 1; and 84 units in Lekki 2.

Others by NTDA are 540 special units in Sangotedo; 120 units in Ilupeju and 60 units in Mushin; while the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development delivered 560 units in Odo-Onasa, Agbowa.

Jeje said the delay in allocating the houses to interested members of the public was to ensure that the government made available more units, adding that it would be wise to have a sufficient number on ground before the scheme would fully take off.

According to him, government wants to avoid a situation where demand will be greater than supply and mess up the scheme.

“But government is not unmindful of the desire by our people to benefit from the scheme. Any moment from now, we will let the public know the procedure that they will take,” he said.

The commissioner also called on owners of properties demolished in Ijora Badia who were in possession of legitimate documents to come forward for possible discussion on compensation.

Responding to the allegation of “selective settlement” of affected land owners in Ijora, Jeje said so far, only the Ojora family had been able to produce the title document to the land and urged those in possession of the required documents to forward them to the ministry for discussion, instead of blackmailing the government.

“I am saying it here categorically that so far, only the Ojora family has been able to produce any document. So, I am appealing to those who are in possession of land documents to come forward for discussion,” he said.

He also reiterated the government’s decision to give owners of illegal structures demolished in the state the offer of first refusal on its housing schemes in their areas in their areas whenever such were completed.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/business/homes-property/lagos-homs-2624-houses-ready-for-allocation/

https://www.nairaland.com/1260588/lagos-homs-2624-houses-ready
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:28am On Jul 26, 2013
And of course there are the urban renewal schemes, one of which will be the Makoko urban renewal scheme. Makoko is the shanty that you were referring to (on the water beside the Third Mainland Bridge).

Below is an example (the Isale-Gangan urban renewal scheme).

I actually didn't plan to start here, but . . . .

naptu2: Isale-Gangan (1950s)

naptu2: Isale-Gangan (2009)

[size=14pt]Fashola inspects Isale-Gangan Urban Renewal Project.[/size]

watchinglagos: As we inch pile after pile, beam of steel after beam of steel, you can be sure we will deliver the project, he says.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Sunday inspected the on-going urban regeneration residential development in Isale Gangan, Central Lagos assuring that although there would be challenges ahead, his administration was not looking back in its drive to deliver the project.

The Isale Gangan Residential Development is an 11-storey, 54-flat housing project being developed by the Lagos State Urban Renewal Agency in the historic Isale Gangan area in Central Lagos. The 11-Floor development being done with the agreement of all the families who owned the small pieces of land used for it would comprise of two floors for parking, two and three bedroom flats, two lifts, staircases and escape staircases among other features.

Fielding questions from newsmen after the inspection, Governor Fashola said although there are challenges on the way to the completion , the important thing was that the project has moved from a dream to a plan and from a plan to reality adding that the structure was being built to ensure that it would stand the test of time.

“There are challenges ahead before the project is completed, no doubt, but the important thing is that it has moved from a dream to a plan and from a plan to reality. The race to the finish line is quite challenging but we are not looking back. And as we work pile after pile, track after track, beam of steel after beam of steel, you can be sure we will deliver the project”, the Governor assured.

Giving background information about the project, Governor Fashola, who said the area suffered collapse of buildings several years back, pointed out that the unfortunate incident created an opportunity for his administration to decide to renew the area and put some solid residential structures in place.

“Some of the developments here were done during the “developers’’ era” when foundations came up in the night and five years later the building collapsed”, the Governor said adding that the space for the project was created from small pieces of land whose owners merged together for the housing development which, when completed, will revert to the land owners.

“We encouraged the families who own small pieces of land in this place to merge together in one piece and we helped them form an agreement so we can create space and build this place for them with all the amenities which will enable them live the kind of life they have been used to, have parties and so on, drive in and park their cars in their homes”, the Governor further explained.

According to the Governor, “this place will be a residential home for all of the families who own small pieces of land here. Each of them now has an apartment here instead of the small piece which cannot contain a house. We have helped them merge into this very big space so their lands are now in the vertical space. We have relocated them to Ipaja so that after the completion of this project those who want to return here can do so but those who do not want to return can let theirs out. But each family that owns land here has already been resettled”.

“These are some of the resettlement schemes that we do that we do not make too much noise about; but the beneficiaries know it and they understand it”, Governor Fashola said.
Assuring that the project would be structurally stable, the Governor declared, “The more difficult work is already almost completed, piling to secure the structural stability of the house. You can see the type of construction, the type of piling, over 200 piles already here and more to come. There are piles that have gone as deep as 27 metres here and you can see the width and diameter, so you can see this is a building that cannot collapse”.

The 11-floor residential building, being constructed by Anatolia International Limited, consists of nine residential floors with a total of 54 flats made up of 36 2-bedroom flats and 18 3-bedroom flats. Each floor contains six flats made up of four 2-bedroom flats and two 3-bedroom flats while the ground and first floors are for parking lots.

Governor Fashola, who was conducted round the project by the Managing Director of the construction company, Mr. Chahid Raffoul, was accompanied on the tour by the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr. Olufemi Hamzat among other top government officials as well as community leaders and residents who turned out to welcome the Governor.

http://www.watchinglagos.com/2013/02/fashola-inspects-11-floor-54-flat-isale.html

https://www.nairaland.com/1187548/fashola-inspects-isale-gangan-urban

naptu2: [img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/978310_285376_529637573724180_2116359675_n_jpg3adadfef1734f572b61da504d45cd8b2[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/978311_798399_529637417057529_1851089642_o_jpg64de0c10595b2a5a33b76655fc7290c9[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/978312_843938_529637953724142_1784176355_o_jpg6775e6e6c94ad5f8ef60f54bb7c04ca1[/img]
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by obas01(m): 7:30am On Jul 26, 2013
okpara ugo:

Intelligent comparism.!.

At least, you are not among those claiming, it is our land..

You just said the truth about foreign media' misrepresentation of nigeria. In as much as many Nigerians are suffering harsh economic situation, we still have many middle class nigerians who have one or two things economically going for them.

The main problem of this country is youth unemployment. Not a case of poverty per say. These youths still have parents or relatives they fall back on, but it holds grave consequencies for the future.

I challange the policy makers of this country, the minister of finance, trade and investment to stipulate policies and work in tandem with our senate to make laws to protect the country's economy.

Nigeria is the biggest consumer of imported goods in africa. Companies like TECNO, NOKIA, TOYOTA and BLACKBERRY have made so much money from nigerians. Such companies should be made to build production factories in nigeria or risk losing market share completely. Jobs should be created for nigerians.

Unbelievable , good point man , u realy hit the economy point , I don't no wat our f**lish politician and leaders think and debate on evry week,.. God bless u.. Nigeria is d biggest market in Africa,and not even a single company dat manufacture fone Charger .. pity for my country,..
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:32am On Jul 26, 2013
I don't want to derail the thread (I've got much more to post) so you can read more here https://www.nairaland.com/1280369/why-eko-atlantic-legal-makoko

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Qc1(m): 7:52am On Jul 26, 2013
All those houses are very beautiful, no doubt however, it won't compete to what Eko Atlantic city will look like!

Eko ni ba je ooo!
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2013
God help me to resist the temptation to post more, so that I won't be accused of derailing the thread.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by eio2013: 8:14am On Jul 26, 2013
Olodo! Is it built by you or your fathers? Do you have the means to build a room & parlour.
You should thank Lord Lugard for making Lagos Nigeria Capital & Gowon 4 using all our resources to develop Lagos attracting investment and people. Lagos is developed on Federal govt platform. Development in Lagos is mainly done by non yorubas and foreigners for your information.
Lagos would have been among the poorest state in Nigeria if not for the fact that it was the Nation's capital for more than 50yrs. See what is happening to ABJ.
It's a lovely structures anyways.
se.xkilza.phull:
This is why the whole part of a country wants to kill itself over our lands! Yes, we worked hard, we evolved a sophisticated culture for over 10,000 years! Our fathers, our leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo bequeathed more than education to us, something some people cannot "get" even if they spend all their lives in class!
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2013
Some of the flats and houses that are available under the Lagos HOMS.

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2013
komek:
Can u snap the pixs of those 2 mansions? Pls

I'll try and take a picture of Odoggwu's house for you, but I can't promise you a picture of Adebowale's house.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Godogwu: 8:54am On Jul 26, 2013
jakaiso:

This is true, the credit system actually helps alot of folks in the more developed countries nonetheless there are always two sides to a story. frankly I don't believe you own any house, car, furniture etc the credit system helped you get till you're done paying for it. Funny enough thats why theres a greater hype when someone buys a 2013 Honda accord in Nigeria than in any country that has this system in place. This is because Nigerians pay hard cash for whatever they own with very few exceptions. I won't say thats the best way to go but its certainly working for us. I can't imagine paying for a house I claim to own for 15years or paying for a car for 36 months.

Finally, most Nigerians in that 25-35 don't necessarily want a house of theres, they'd rather live in a very exclusive apartment. Most of them look towards building houses when they start considering marriage or after marriage and expecting children. Theres a whole lot to discuss on this as there are so many factors that come into play but I'm sure you probably got my point. Then again I totally agree with you that the credit system helps but there are just two sides to it; its not all that perfect.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 1121: 9:05am On Jul 26, 2013
amacastel: Hahhahahahahahahahahaha very beautiful pictures dis 1 we dey call am riping were u did not sow those building u see are posting here either the house is own by south south,south east,northerners like dangote or by cooperates body which comprises of different groups of people how many yourba man will leave owambe and marrying every woman he see yearly to make such investment abt 20% of them u talk abt people migrating 2 lag have ever take time to get them statical num of yourbas in streets of london wallowing while few rich of them buy houses their run to forbes to claim how rich they are my dear lagos develop wen is the federal capital u guys didn't do much pls stp making noise
Learn how to write simple comprehensive sentence. U want to criticize, yet writing simple statement becomes soo difficult 4 u. I would advice u to take time to develop urself, instead of intruding in matters u know nothing abt
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by oluamid(m): 9:45am On Jul 26, 2013
Decryptor: I doubt any yoruba man can build mansions as beautiful as those in Lagos. They don't have such taste. The properties definitly belong to South Easterners and South-Southerners! I know what i am saying cos i have visited most of the main yoruba states such as Osun, Oyo and Ekiti...their towns are so impoverished and they live in mediocre and squalor. Infact, an LGA in the SE is far better than a SW state capital put together.

Lol! What have you been smoking? That thing is not good for you son.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by oluamid(m): 9:58am On Jul 26, 2013
(60)Nine%:
Did anyone go to the ibo village thread to spit insult at them?

shocked

Jealousy tongue

More pixs jare

Truth. I remember being on that thread to appreciate the pictures of those great houses. I don't remember seeing any hate posts. No, not one.
But why is it the other way round here? Hmmmm. Definitely something I've to dig into.

Ethnocentrism? Inferiority complex? Maybe.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by londoner: 10:23am On Jul 26, 2013
oluamid:

Truth. I remember being on that thread to appreciate the pictures of those great houses. I don't remember seeing any hate posts. No, not one.
But why is it the other way round here? Hmmmm. Definitely something I've to dig into.

Ethnocentrism? Inferiority complex? Maybe.

Check again....there were one or two people trying to champion red mud huts to satisfy tgheir view of Igbo villages. I was on that thread too......lol
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Policewoman(f): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
This is why the whole part of a country wants to kill itself over our lands! Yes, we worked hard, we evolved a sophisticated culture for over 10,000 years! Our fathers, our leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo bequeathed more than education to us, something some people cannot "get" even if they spend all their lives in class!
Shut up!!!!! After developing Lagos with federal funds you come here dey open your dirty mouth dey talk rubbish.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Yusmash00: 11:38am On Jul 26, 2013
adaobi123: Jesus. What a house !! cool

US White House in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by esoorita: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
[quote author=oluamid]

Ethnocentrism? Inferiority complex? Maybe.[/quote
I'm forever amazed about how some people have nothing in their mind but chronic tribalism. I observed that almost on every thread on Nairaland, topics however informative and educative is turned into tribal brickbats and insult in no time. If my memory serves me right I think the Nigerian civil war ended in 1970 so why are some people still dwelling on the past and see fellow Nigerians as pariahs and sworn enemies? Is this the result of lack of education and common sense?
Why would somebody be claiming superiority over a person you have never met in your life? If this forum is for kindergartens I won't have batted en eyelid but then I believe everyone on this forum are adults. Please you should all grow up.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Epiphany(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
Beautiful pictures. . . Lagos, Nigeria, no be poor country o!
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
FRDChickenisha:

Where do they get uninterrupted electricity in Nigeria?

I'm currently in Enugu and 4hrs per day electricity na miracle.

Tell me o, na there I go carry my ghana must go.
Where i stay, we get 22hours electricity everyday on the average.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Egbin a place in lagos as an estate which 24hrs in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by nazzyon(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
The sad story about most those structures is that the apartments becomes so expensive that majority will not be unable to buy but might not afford the rents.

The story of Nigeria is no diffe4rent when it comes to Housing.

I was in Niger State 2 months back, I was not surprised to see that most of the so called low-cost housing estates were still vacant.

Where is the money to buy or pay the rent?

In my current location, there are structures that will make you have a rethink if you're in heaven but even rents are back breaking.

Our Government need to think and work for the poor or else all the beautiful homes we see here will not be different from the Former Secretariat in a dilapidated state enroute to Obalende in Lagos in the next 20 yrs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

World's Most Expensive House 'The One' In Bel Air, Los Angeles (Pictures) / Professional Painting Contractor / (PICS) Budget P.O.P Ceiling, Interior Decoration, Plasterboard And Many More...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.