Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time (1571 Views)

Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) / The Worst Super Eagle Player Of All Time! / Ex Super Eagle Player Uche Okafor Commits Suicide! Friends Say He Was Cheerful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by vislabraye(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2008
I'll take Finidi as my favourite. He was simply the best and most consistent player in the super Eagle in his prime. Both for his club and country , he was fantastic. Most goals Nigeria scored came from his assistance. He was very hardworking, passes when he needs to pass, and was equally a playmaker. He could attack as well as defend. he is the Best
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by superboi(m): 9:34pm On May 26, 2008
true word,a very graceful footballer
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by abdurrazaq(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2008
Without delay, I will pick Augustine 'Jay Jay' Okocha anyday. I am missing the entertainment the man dish out whenever Nigeria plays. His skills and tricks are enough for you to remember even if the Eagles lose a match.

THE EMPEROR of Nigerian football, JAY JAY Okocha, the best to ever to play the game (my opinion)
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by Tattooboy: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2008
King JAY JAY OKOCHA (Named twice)
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by vislabraye(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2008
As fantastic as Okocha is, he's still an under achiever. For some one with such great skills, he hasn't won any remarkable trophy apart from nation's cup and olympic goldmedal. He's best known for his dribbles rather than his effectiveness(he doesnt mark, and he lacks speed). He could have been as great as Zidane if only he had played in better clubs and he worked more on his overall team work,
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by jorge1980(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2008
Finidi
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by kingkams(m): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2008
I must say it has suprised me that no one has mentioned KANU (Papilo) uptill now. I believe he is the best player to have ever come out of this country.

Reasons:

1. He is no doubt one of the most skillful
2. Has played consistently at the highest level (Ajax, Inter,ARSENAL)
3. Has won more trophies and awards than any Nigerian Player
4. Has been almost the only player to come back from a major injury and still live up to his billing.

I rest my case.
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by abdurrazaq(m): 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2008
If OKocha has not achieved as much as most of his counterparts in the game that, does not take away the fact that he is a fantastic player. Talking about lack of speed, I think that is the most significant attribute of Kanu (Still a great player though)
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by gabelogan(m): 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2008
jay jay okocha.
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by akumbu: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2008
kANU nWANKWO OF COURSE BEFORE ANY OTHER.
Papilo my man.

http://arsenalfansinnigeria..com/
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by ALKHYDR: 10:43am On Jun 06, 2008
Over the years, there have been great player from 1990 to date great player wore the famous green jersey.

If i am to pick, it will be Finidi George.
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by marosky(m): 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2008
KANU.
I watch his old games on Youtube regularly.That guy is the best thing that has happened to Nigerian football.
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by kingkams(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2008
marosky:

KANU.
I watch his old games on Youtube regularly.That guy is the best thing that has happened to Nigerian football.

Word!
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by tosinadeda: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2008
in as much as i want to pick kanu, but jay jay is a wizrd cool
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by vislabraye(m): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2008
There are so many super eagle players i admire. If i have to rate them,it would be in this order

1) Finidi
2) Amokachi
3) Amunike
kanu is another player that should be argueably no. 3 with Amunike. These 3 players are fantastic, though only Amunike has won African Footballer of the year.
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by noetic(m): 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2008
Rashidi Yekini.

consistency is the key.
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by oyarose(f): 2:12pm On Jun 08, 2008
i choosed okocha,cos he s an icon to emulate,always ready 2 answer d national call.but however am a die hard fan of mikel obi,no matter what,i ll always luv my mikel. smiley :d
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by benedo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2008
Hmmmmmm,

Superb Drillbling Skills
Dazzling Speed on the ball
Great vision and aerial abillity
Daring Moves in spite of all Odds

I ll take Oluwasegun 'Mathematical' Odegbami.
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by dayokanu(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2008
kanu nwankwo anyday purposeful football unlike Okocha.

Maybe followed by Finidi and Oliseh Not forgetting Taribo
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 22, 2011
Jay Jay Okocha
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by bibelo: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2011
rashidi yekini anytym any day.okocha was so useless with corner kicks.as a kid in 94 i neva saw anybody write okocha at the back of dia shirt.few had amunike,amokachi and rufai
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by Brymo: 8:28am On Oct 23, 2011
jay jay of cos.
Re: Who Is Your Favourite Super Eagle Player Of All Time by Jarus(m): 3:39pm On Oct 24, 2011
Kanu, for his on- and off-field personality.

(1) (Reply)

It's The Playoffs Are You Ready To Make Your Predictions ? / Brazilian Kanu / Guinness To Bring Football Icons Roy Keane And Marcel Desailly To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.