Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) (12487 Views)

Thompson Oliha Is Dead (Ex-Super Eagles Midfielder) / Jossy Lad, Is Dead (Ex-super Falcons Coach) / The Worst Super Eagle Player Of All Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Rockers4l: 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
Another former Super Eagles’ player, Pius Oleh has been confirmed dead in the United States of America. Daily Sunsports have reliably gathered. Former Junior International, Paul Okoku who confirmed Oleh’s death to Daily Sunsports hinted that the ex-football star was found dead in his garage and the unconfirmed cause of the death was linked to carbon monoxide.

Okoku said: “Totty called me several times in the last three days to ascertain whether it was true or rumour about an ex-international death in Michigan. “I extended a call to my former Flying Eagles and St Finbarr’s College team mate, Alphonsus Akhahon, who resides in Michigan and a one-time close friend of the deceased.

“Finally, Alphonsus confirmed to me that Pius Oleh was found dead in his garage and the unconfirmed cause of death was linked to carbon monoxide.

Pius Oleh was one-time a Super Eagles’ player, a graduate of Alabama A&M University, held IT position with the US Ford Motor company in Detroit, Michigan until his death.

During his lifetime, Oleh tried to bring soccer back to the Cotton Bowl, USA.

At this time last year, the AmeriSoccer President, Pius Oleh was in the process of staging the Obama Challenge. Unfortunately, Oleh could not close the deal as it caused a major scandal between four federations, with the Nigerian Football Federation inclusive in the fiasco as the Super Eagles were stranded in Dallas.

Meanwhie, the Association of Nigerian Ex-Internationals in the Diaspora, (ANED) commiserates with the Oleh’s family over the loss of their beloved son, saying Oleh was a comrade and a fraternity colleague.

Oleh’s demise came as the second former Nigerian international that was found dead after the shocking death of USA ’94 World Cup star, Uche Okafor.

Daily Sunsports
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Emmyk(m): 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
RIP.

People die everywhere and everyday tho, Super Eagles, normal eagles or hybrid eagles.

1 Like

Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Okijajuju1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
Chai!!

Small thing, I would have been first to say 'RIP'

Anyways!! R.I.P Mr. Pius..
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by kholis(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
God brought and has taken away. RIP
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
Rockers4l: Another former Super Eagles’ player, Pius Oleh has been confirmed dead in the United States of America. Daily Sunsports have reliably gathered. Former Junior International, Paul Okoku who confirmed Oleh’s death to Daily Sunsports hinted that the ex-football star was found dead in his garage and the unconfirmed cause of the death was linked to carbon monoxide.

Okoku said: “Totty called me several times in the last three days to ascertain whether it was true or rumour about an ex-international death in Michigan. “I extended a call to my former Flying Eagles and St Finbarr’s College team mate, Alphonsus Akhahon, who resides in Michigan and a one-time close friend of the deceased.

“Finally, Alphonsus confirmed to me that Pius Oleh was found dead in his garage and the unconfirmed cause of death was linked to carbon monoxide.

Pius Oleh was one-time a Super Eagles’ player, a graduate of Alabama A&M University, held IT position with the US Ford Motor company in Detroit, Michigan until his death.

During his lifetime, Oleh tried to bring soccer back to the Cotton Bowl, USA.

At this time last year, the AmeriSoccer President, Pius Oleh was in the process of staging the Obama Challenge. Unfortunately, Oleh could not close the deal as it caused a major scandal between four federations, with the Nigerian Football Federation inclusive in the fiasco as the Super Eagles were stranded in Dallas.

Meanwhie, the Association of Nigerian Ex-Internationals in the Diaspora, (ANED) commiserates with the Oleh’s family over the loss of their beloved son, saying Oleh was a comrade and a fraternity colleague.

Oleh’s demise came as the second former Nigerian international that was found dead after the shocking death of USA ’94 World Cup star, Uche Okafor.

Daily Sunsports

I hope it is not suicide oh . . . Yes, Detroit is in trouble but not worth dying for, so i hope it is not suicide.
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Iaz93: 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
RIP! He was gifted.
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by zuma4k(m): 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
RIP
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
rest in peace bro. one day i know i will make myself proud on nairaland
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Fazhy: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
R.I.P.

Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Decapo: 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
RIP to the dead
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by bunmioguns(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
Though I don't know him but all the same I will say. . . RIPP cry cry cry cry
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Burger01(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
sad
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by AbuMikey(m): 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
Bye-Bye!
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by owie05(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
r.i.p Pius Oleh.4th 2 comment,gradually i wil cm 1st.
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by supaeagles(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
RIP.... cry
Carbon monoxide poisoning .... could have bee accidental or ... sad, sad
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Donkarizma: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
RIP.
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by DeGrace01(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Too many death this time, nawaooo
RIP Oleh!!
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Kennito90(m): 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ubok Abasi.
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Cabon Monoxide ke? Was he smoking or does he make use of a Generator set?
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by IZOSKY: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
RIP
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by VPG: 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
Oh my GOD!!! No way!!! This guy was one of the nice naijas in Detroit. I can never forget my first day at Ford Motor Company he was one of the old Ford naijas that took me out to lunch. But the main thing he was known for was that he always brings in the ex-super eagles players to play in the Nigeria soccer tournament every year. Because of this guy a lot of young soccer guys like us get to play against the likes of ben iroha, Samson siasia, Monday agboentan etc and they always call themselves the (Team Michigan 1). Also He was one of the naijas that first approached Bill Ford back in the day that Ford Motor Company should try and enter naija market but Bill Ford declined.

He is surely going to be missed by the Detroit soccer boys and igbo community.

RIP (Ford Man)

3 Likes

Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Jarus(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
When did he play for Super Eagles?
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
Rip pius
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by VPG: 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
He played under Westerhoff. the 92,93, 94 era i guess.
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by myjobsfinder(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
RIP check out picks and how it happened here http:///Dzl2q8
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by lordbenson(m): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
RIP uncle.....I cannt miss 2c U last on ur coups....its quit unfourtunate u left so early......d last time I saw U, u gav me sm words of advice.now u re gone.....we miss U, Orlu miss U, imo state miss U, and Nigerians miss U a lot ......RIP oleh
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by Nomski0(f): 5:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Rest in peace Sir.
Re: Pius Oleh Is Dead - (Ex-Super Eagle's Player) by B2mario(m): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
RIP oga puis oleh, we know you as a brother though you were from obibi ochasi, orlu. But we always consider you as a seniour brother in Enyimba city. Chai, born and bred in aba. We hail you as you depart, RIP bro!..... But your mother is patiently waiting for your return not knowing that you are late.

(1) (Reply)

Roger Federer Wins 100th ATP Tour Singles Title (Photos) / Portugal Without Key Defenders For WC Play-off / Jossy Lad, Is Dead (Ex-super Falcons Coach)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.