Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Advice Needed - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (6694 Views)

Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? / Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed by biolabee(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
@Uju are you saying since there was an agreement in place, that must be sacrosanct above all and people should not review based on changing life conditions

Also if i may ask aside, your acquaintance who is living in abj, i was curious about the 'hell on earth' description
is she different from those who live in lag who have hubbies in remote locations or is it about Abuja and the male attention there
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
Do you know that half of those who live in Abj don't actually live in abj? Most can only afford to pay rent on really remote areas very far away from town where they work.

Public transport is not as organized in abj as it is in lagos so going to and from work is not very easy for those without their own cars. Then try adding the cost and stress of child care.

One thing is sure, if I were in that position, I won't even bother. I'll jeje resign my job and go and stay with hubby. If na garri we see chop, good! cool cool
Re: Advice Needed by damiso(f): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ujujoan:

Did he say Nigeria was an option BEFORE they got married. This is a very serious lifestyle change . . . It's not changing houses, it's changing environment/lifestyle.

The man took a big risk without a back up plan, he should live with that.

Uju but people should learn to be a bit flexible naw.As I said am not too sure on why he was the one who relocated but at least he moved unlike your Abj friend.No one is saying anyone's life should end when they get married (and this goes for the guy in this case) but sometimes in a marriage you cant just be rigid and say its my way or no way.

My husband warned me over the weekend to watch myself grin.So if it escalates further It wont be Dami even said bla bla.He believes they both have to talk and sort it between themselves as it affects them both.
Re: Advice Needed by biolabee(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
Oh i get you now... its not easy
May God help us

Ujujoan: Do you know that half of those who live in Abj don't actually live in abj? Most can only afford to pay rent on really remote areas very far away from town where they work.

Public transport is not as organized in abj as it is in lagos so going to and from work is not very easy for those without their own cars. Then try adding the cost and stress of child care.

One thing is sure, if I were in that position, I won't even bother. I'll jeje resign my job and go and stay with hubby. If na garri we see chop, good! cool cool
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
damiso:

Uju but people should learn to be a bit flexible naw.As I said am not too sure on why he was the one who relocated but at least he moved unlike your Abj friend.No one is saying anyone's life should end when they get married (and this goes for the guy in this case) but sometimes in a marriage you cant just be rigid and say its my way or no way.

My husband warned me over the weekend to watch myself grin.So if it escalates further It wont be Dami even said bla bla.He believes they both have to talk and sort it between themselves as it affects them both.

I agree with you completely, people should be flexible.

But the husband is going about it the wrong way . . . he should have talked it over with her before going for the job interview. Whatever decision he makes will drastically change her life too, so going ahead with the interview without letting her know was very selfish and cowardly of him (my apologies).

Now she really has no choice but to let him take the job. Even Nlders who know nothing about them already think she's an evil wife. Her right to decide has been taken away from her. . . that's unfair!
Re: Advice Needed by biolabee(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
She may have known.. no be interview?

How many people don fail interview tire... so that was not the bridge

the bridge is now...

To take up the offer or NOT

Some coys are notorious for scheduling you for 4 interviews before they even call you for medical... sad
Re: Advice Needed by AjanleKoko: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
This thread just serves to highlight the growing importance of the female voice in marriages.
Both parties are kind of justified in their position really. They will need to work at it to find a middle ground, else they can agree to disagree, and split.

Even at the risk of the marriage ending, nobody should be forced to agree to anything.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 31, 2013
I read all the comments and many made valid points. Let me add a few line of mine from experience because, i have lived in Nigeria, Uk and US.

My advice is that, the wife should stay put in UK for the sake of the children's education and good health benefits to build a better future for them, while the man relocates back to Nigeria and be visiting. With the political unrest in Nigeria presently, nobody safety can be guaranteed. Security is still much better in these developed countries than Nigeria. In this way, they would have 2 homes, and can escape to any of them incase of any brouhaha.

Yes, infidelity should not be ruled out, since people can cheat regardless where they are, but with what i see in Nigeria,it would take a disciplined and God-fearing married man living alone not to fall into temptation! It's a cross the wife would have to carry on her shoulder,while on her knees praying that the daughters of Jezebel would not turn his eyes away from his family and responsibilities.

I wish your friend the best, in whatever decision she takes.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by biolabee(m): 5:55am On Jul 31, 2013
Nice one... but you funny die...daughters of jesebel lol...cheesy
Re: Advice Needed by bukatyne(f): 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ibhamen: I read all the comments and many made valid points. Let me add a few line of mine from experience because, i have lived in Nigeria, Uk and US.

My advice is that, the wife should stay put in UK for the sake of the children's education and good health benefits to build a better future for them, while the man relocates back to Nigeria and be visiting. With the political unrest in Nigeria presently, nobody safety can be guaranteed. Security is still much better in these developed countries than Nigeria. In this way, they would have 2 homes, and can escape to any of them incase of any brouhaha.

Yes, infidelity should not be ruled out, since people can cheat regardless where they are, but with what i see in Nigeria,it would take a disciplined and God-fearing married man living alone not to fall into temptation! It's a cross the wife would have to carry on her shoulder,while on her knees praying that the daughters of Jezebel would not turn his eyes away from his family and responsibilities.

I wish your friend the best, in whatever decision she takes.

Expect by Jazz, no daughter of Jezebel can turn a man's eyes away from his family and responsibilities.
Re: Advice Needed by biolabee(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
what if the man wanted tobe turned? grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by bukatyne(f): 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
biolabee: what if the man wanted tobe turned? grin

Then the 'innocent' daughters of Jezebel should not be blamed
Re: Advice Needed by biolabee(m): 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
bukatyne:

Then the 'innocent' daughters of Jezebel should not be blamed

They r never jesebel to me cheesy
Everything God created is gooooooood
Re: Advice Needed by obowunmi(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
biolabee:

They r never jesebel to me cheesy
Everything God created is gooooooood

A more appropriate reference is Stella Damascus.
Re: Advice Needed by biolabee(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
The crying babe
Re: Advice Needed by obowunmi(m): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
The husband snatcher.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Xmas Is My Worst Ever / How To Spend Your First Salary / I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.