Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,991 members, 7,952,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

How To Spend Your First Salary - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Spend Your First Salary (6795 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Must I Share My First Salary With My Family Members? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
how do you spend your first salary after school? what is/are the best thing to do with your money?. father says my first salary should be given to him nd my mum(parents) nd they will decide on what to return if any. is it true? or just an ancient way of doing things. How do you spend yours?
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by angelTI(f): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
Your first salary should be for God. Its not to be spent!
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
Don't let any one decieve you except he can provide evidence that he is from the tribe of Levi.
Even the Leviths have lost records of their heritage yet Nigerian Pastors continue to manipulate followers.
Your first salary is shared to those who supported you.
Your parents, sibblings, Aunts and Uncles who bought you small provisions, gave you 1k here 5000 there, send everyone something even if its a 400 or 200 naira recharge card.
Buy a small wrapper for your mom and put 2000 or more inside depending on your income, put 5000 or more in an envelop and present to your Dad.
May God open our eyes from the fraud people have turned religion into.

6 Likes

Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
debrief08: Don't let any one decieve you except he can provide evidence that he is from the tribe of Levi.
Even the Leviths have lost records of their heritage yet Nigerian Pastors continue to manipulate followers.
Your parents, sibblings, Aunts and Uncles who bought you small provisions, gave you 1k here 5000 there, send everyone something even if its a 400 or 200 naira recharge card.
Buy a small wrapper for your mom and put 2000 or more inside depending on your income, put 5000 or more in an envelop and present to your Dad.
Thank you debrief, I don't feel it is right to give your entire first salary to you parents, because you have bills to pay, transport. It is better to give them some than go back to borrow for your basic upkeep. The first salary is insignificant when compared to the amount of money and love our parents spend us. Constant giving back to your parents is the right thing.

1 Like

Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
First salary?.....give all to church ? Mbano..!.....simply pay yur tithe, dats only 10percent of what uv earned...then save the rest after buying a bottle of wine for dad or any male figure who supported your process in school, then a good wrapper for mum,...then the rest money must be in your account, for the raining days , like my dad will say... Always save for rainy days....it helps a lot..
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
angel TI: Your first salary should be for God. Its not to be spent!
nd hw do I present it to God... in wat sense
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
debrief08: Don't let any one decieve you except he can provide evidence that he is from the tribe of Levi.
tnks man.. u man's sense
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
steph7: Thank you debrief, I don't feel it is right to give your entire first salary to you parents, because you have bills to pay, transport. It is better to give them some than go back to borrow for your basic upkeep. The first salary is insignificant when compared to the amount of money and love our parents spend us. Constant giving back to your parents is the right thing.
Bt nt a must its d first sqlary. rite?
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
I am a woman
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2013
Amelian: First salary?.....give all to church ? Mbano..!.....simply pay yur tithe, dats only 10percent of what uv earned...then save the rest after buying a bottle of wine for dad or any male figure who supported your process in school, then a good wrapper for mum,...then the rest money must be in your account, for the raining days , like my dad will say... Always save for rainy days....it helps a lot..
is it a must is a wrapper for mum cos u re d second person giving this advice
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
debrief08: I am a woman
alright mam
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
Its not a must to give wrapper oh but its a good choice, you can never go wrong with it, even if she has a million she will tell people "this is the one my son/daughter bought for me with his/ her first salary"
In the North where I am from that's the classic gift, when you start work, when you want to inform your mother, sisters and Aunts of your marriage intentions, when you get a promotion, you buy a bunch of wrappers and share as gifts to the elder women in your family.
Maybe find out in your own culture if its different

Poster please write better clearer English
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
debrief08: Its not a must to give wrapper oh but its a good choice, you can never go wrong with it, even if she has a million she will tell people "this is the one my son/daughter bought for me with his/ her first salary"
In the North where I am from that's the classic gift, when you start work, when you want to inform your mother, sisters and Aunts of your marriage intentions, when you get a promotion, you buy a bunch of wrappers and share as gifts to the elder women in your family.
Maybe find out in your own culture if its different

Poster please write better clearer English
sorry for the errors in typing.. hope the second salary is not too late to cover up
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
The wrapper doesn't need to be too expensive, its the gesture that matters, highest 1400 is the cost of Nigerian wax or 1600 depending on where you are.
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
I know.. thanks very much
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by sholay2011(m): 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
debrief08: I am a woman
grin grin grin Madam abeg no vex...the person must be new to family section.

1 Like

Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
mrlaw93: is it a must is a wrapper for mum cos u re d second person giving this advice

It's not a must, but it will go along way, in the heart of a mother or aunt or sister...we all appreciate good valuable materials/ clothings/ wrapper materials..the sight of the material in the wardrobe create warm feeling in the heart, especially when it's her favorite color... My late mum loves wrappers with nice color combination , quality bag and yea, Perfumes.. Give these items to her , uv won her heart already smiley
Also make sure it's good quality Ankara of 2,500 upwards ...why? Cause the colors last longer and the material still shines after series of wear and wash.
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 8:47am On Jul 29, 2013
grin
sholay2011:
grin
sholay2011:
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 8:48am On Jul 29, 2013
mrlaw93: grin grin
grin[quote author=mrlaw93] grin grin
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by sholay2011(m): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2013
mrlaw93: grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Bootylicious(f): 4:57am On Aug 11, 2013
Your first Salary is your first fruit and shld go to d church
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Maipride(f): 8:27am On Aug 11, 2013
My 1st salary (fruit) ws my nysc alawee and ℓ̊ gave all to God gladly... My mum was so happy ℓ̊ did that.
My 2nd salary was shared among my luvd ones...bought my mum a lovly dress (dress took almost al d money sef grin) later bought recharge card and sent to almost every 1 ℓ̊ love... ℓ̊ ws fulfilled and tru out that year, ℓ̊ NEVER lacked...

2 Likes

Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by Kanwulia: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
My dad told me to give it to my grandma for 'blessings for prosperity'!
I refused! cool
I spent it SHOPPING!!!! cool
Gladly so!!!! kiss
Bullshyte tradition!!!! kiss
Re: How To Spend Your First Salary by mrlaw93(m): 10:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
Kanwulia: My dad told me to give it to my grandma for 'blessings for prosperity'!
I refused! cool
I spent it SHOPPING!!!! cool
Gladly so!!!! kiss
Bullshyte tradition!!!! kiss
datz called disobedient grin

(1) (Reply)

My Little Dilemma / My Wife Is Now Totally For Our Children, Gives Me Little Or No Attention / Cutest Baby Contest - VOTE NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.