Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi (2028 Views)

Christianity Has Become A Crime In Kaduna As El-rufai Wages New War On Churches / Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA / Christianity has Contributed much positively To Mankind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by xtremely9ja: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2013
The Kaduna State chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria on Tuesday urged the Federal Government to caution an Islamic Cleric, Sheikh Muhammadu Gumi, who they claimed was inciting Muslims against Christians in his Ramadan preachings.

Addressing a press conference in Kaduna on Tuesday, CAN’ s Secretatry in the state, Rev. Sunday Ibrahim, also advised the state government against allowing its radio and television stations to be used in attacking Christians.

Ibrahim warned that if Gumi’s inciting messages were left unchecked, they could lead to a major religious crisis in the state.

Warning that no religion had the monopoly of violence, he said Christians in the state would resist any attempt to attack them.

He said, “It has come to our notice that a Ramadan message titled ‘Christianity has loss its focus’ by a self-acclaimed Islamic scholar, Muhammed Gumi, was televised by [I]Capital Television [/I]and aired by a radio station owned by the state government on July 17, 2013.

“Gumi went further to say that the more Archbishops, Bishops,Pastors and General Overseers, the more the iniquities we have in the society. He also made some negative comments on the personality of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Ibrahim noted that Christians in the state were not unaware about the Islamic cleric’s provocative preachings.

He added, “Many innocent Christians had been killed and maimed in the past due to instigating messages of people like Muhammed Gumi.

“We want to make it point blank that we will continue to resist as we have done in the past, despite all the injustice against Christians.

“Enough is enough. Muhammed Gumi and others like him should know that civility is not a sign of weakness, as nobody has the monopoly of violence.

“We therefore call on the Federal and Kaduna State governments to take drastic action against people like Gumi.

“We are also appealing to the Kaduna State Government not to allow its media houses to be used as tools of disunity among the people of the state and the nation at large.”

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/christianity-has-lost-its-focus-sheikh-gumi

Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
See as his bear bear be like heavy mane wey dey dey for Ram neck. He has a 5year old wife at home as u dey see am so. Prophet muhammed Bleep and molest girls of 4years during his time dats why yerima and this beast dey strongly folo his steps.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by HezronLorraine(m): 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
Can't Us just mistakenly press the button and nuke the North,if only it will selectivelly destroy some of this evil propagandanist.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by tomakint: 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
Just look at what religion has turned this Funky Mallam into undecided the Mallam looks like a Ram to me! Perhaps in his mind he thought Islam is a religion of Peace, what else could be more deluding for an Islamic scholar like Gumi during RAMadan!
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
Suppose a pastor was the one who made such utterances by now the north would have been on fire. Islam is among the problems plaguing my generation. Am sad

1 Like

Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Lordlexy: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
Christians in kd had proven over the years that they are not a push over in reprisal attack and counter attack. All this ranting is meaningless. An eye for an eye, blood for blood, still remain a norm among kd Christians. Like someone rightly said, civility is not timidity. If he thinks he can use inflammatory and deregotory remarks to incite his zombie followers against Christians, he should remember that Christians in Kd have never been caught unaware, and as history has proven, time shall tell who eventualy bears the brunt. A word is enough for the beared cleric.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Danhumprey: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
If Christianity has lost focus,how about Islam?

1 Like

Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by DerideGull(m): 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
Most Christians are imbecilic noise makers. Christians in Kaduna State should have unleashed measured attacks on Muslims if the idiotic Sheikh Muhammadu Gumi has, in fact, negative comments on the personality of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
Has anyone heard that Ramadan message in question?
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by kkkp: 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
DerideGull: Most Christians are imbecilic noise makers. Christians in Kaduna State should have unleashed measured attacks on Muslims if the idiotic Sheikh Muhammadu Gumi has, In fact, negative comments on the personality of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by kkkp: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
U must be high on burukutu
Lordlexy: Christians in kd had proven over the years that they are not a push over in reprisal attack and counter attack. All this ranting is meaningless. An eye for an eye, blood for blood, still remain a norm among kd Christians. Like someone rightly said, civility is not timidity. If he thinks he can use inflammatory and deregotory remarks to incite his zombie followers against Christians, he should remember that Christians in Kd have never been caught unaware, and as history has proven, time shall tell who eventualy bears the brunt. A word is enough for the beared cleric.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Maxymilliano(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sheik Gunmi has been circumspect in most of his utterances lately, I wanna believe he was quoted out of context ...
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Tittos: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
At least he agrees christianity had focus..unlike a religion I know that never even had focus..from the prophet to the sheiks

1 Like

Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by MiloRambaldi(m): 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
DerideGull: Most Christians are imbecilic noise makers. Christians in Kaduna State should have unleashed measured attacks on Muslims if the idiotic Sheikh Muhammadu Gumi has, in fact, negative comments on the personality of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Why attack Muslims because some people chose to insult Jesus Christ or even God? It's not the Christian way - real Christians attack no one for insulting Jesus Christ or even God. God can and will sort things out himself.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Built2last: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
The solution to Gummi is to find the person that supplies him cracks..and nail him. he has a loose tongue
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
This loosed cannon ought to be in cage,locked up for ever.
One thing i like about kaduna christians is that they are always equal to the task,always ready for his likes and their cohort of FOOLLowers..This rascal want to murder sleep. Operation-yaki,Oya over to you.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
I am busy searching for a 4 year old wife.I will comment later.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Austeenxx: 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
See the guy face like the goat wey dey bleat for my backyard.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by DerideGull(m): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Why attack Muslims because some people chose to insult Jesus Christ or even God? It's not the Christian way - real Christians attack no one for insulting Jesus Christ or even God. God can and will sort things out himself.

I guess we are saying the same thing in defferent formats. The so-called real Christians are bloody losers.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by alex101(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
DerideGull:

I guess we are saying the same thing in defferent formats. The so-called real Christians are bloody losers.
Bros, I couldn't agree with you more.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by gedtalks(m): 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
You guys should not blame him hes only fighting for Seven Virgins in paradise
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Badassniggga(m): 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
gedtalks: You guys should not blame him hes only fighting for Seven Virgins in paradise
^^kid!
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by samuelkaykay(m): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
So that man is alive,civilian JTF should do something.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
DerideGull: Most Christians are imbecilic noise makers. Christians in Kaduna State should have unleashed measured attacks on Muslims if the idiotic Sheikh Muhammadu Gumi has, in fact, negative comments on the personality of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You just like commenting even on issues you have no slightest idea about...

Why not go and show solidarity with the Kaduna CAN by leading a protest?
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2013
Of course, muslims are the epitome of chastity and purity. If not for them Nigeria would be another Sodom and Gomorah. Meanwhile, elsewhere, Sheikh Yerima gets a Primary 2 pupil as wife. Kudos to islam.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by DerideGull(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
ilugunboy:

You just like commenting even on issues you have no slightest idea about...

Why not go and show solidarity with the Kaduna CAN by leading a protest?

If you are an expert on any religion, I had distanced myself from such faith because virtue must surely give way to stupidity.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by xtremely9ja: 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
God help us if this news is true in its entirety and goverment is doing nothing to curb this guys excesses, because no one will stand aside when his or her family is been slaughter all in the name of whatever....The end result can only be blood and more blood of innocent people from all side.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by igbeke: 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2013

He also made some negative comments on the personality of our Lord Jesus Christ
What negative comment will an idol worshipper make about Our Lord Jesus that will be rellevant?
One thing I hav come to understand is that muslims tend to place Islam on the ladder of Christianity in order to attain rellevance.
Come to think of it, most things they do are copied from Christian, yet a socalled scholar wil open his mouth and say negative tins abt the Prophet they claim their quran respects.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by xtremely9ja: 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
Christian knows you don't defend a living God. He is alive and all weapon on earth can't compare with His wrath when He needs to fight His enemies and who can deliver from His vengiance once His indignation is aroused. I think Gumi should just be adviced to choose his enemy wisely. And please let our responces reflect Christ. Thanks
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by Dereformer(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2013
xtremely9ja: The Kaduna State chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria on Tuesday urged the Federal Government to caution an Islamic Cleric, Sheikh Muhammadu Gumi, who they claimed was inciting Muslims against Christians in his Ramadan preachings.

Addressing a press conference in Kaduna on Tuesday, CAN’ s Secretatry in the state, Rev. Sunday Ibrahim, also advised the state government against allowing its radio and television stations to be used in attacking Christians.

Ibrahim warned that if Gumi’s inciting messages were left unchecked, they could lead to a major religious crisis in the state.

Warning that no religion had the monopoly of violence, he said Christians in the state would resist any attempt to attack them.

He said, “It has come to our notice that a Ramadan message titled ‘Christianity has loss its focus’ by a self-acclaimed Islamic scholar, Muhammed Gumi, was televised by [I]Capital Television [/I]and aired by a radio station owned by the state government on July 17, 2013.

“Gumi went further to say that the more Archbishops, Bishops,Pastors and General Overseers, the more the iniquities we have in the society. He also made some negative comments on the personality of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Ibrahim noted that Christians in the state were not unaware about the Islamic cleric’s provocative preachings.

He added, “Many innocent Christians had been killed and maimed in the past due to instigating messages of people like Muhammed Gumi.

“We want to make it point blank that we will continue to resist as we have done in the past, despite all the injustice against Christians.

“Enough is enough. Muhammed Gumi and others like him should know that civility is not a sign of weakness, as nobody has the monopoly of violence.

“We therefore call on the Federal and Kaduna State governments to take drastic action against people like Gumi.

“We are also appealing to the Kaduna State Government not to allow its media houses to be used as tools of disunity among the people of the state and the nation at large.”

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/christianity-has-lost-its-focus-sheikh-gumi

Are moslems programmed for self-destruct by always looking for trouble.

Why not concentrate on Islam that has retained its focus.

If Islam is a seat, i can never get a million miles near it.
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
Both the Islamic cleric and the christian body are silly....Has there been any violence between Sango worshippers and Ogun worshippers in this country? Why are this foreign slaves in the york called religion this stupid? This stupidity doesn't know age while seem that those defending and fighting for religion are psychopath.

Also this christians are lying hypocrites. I wonder why they neglect their lord teaching for theirs. This is jesus speaking here;

"I say to you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. As for my enemies who do not want me to reign over them, bring them here and kill them in my presence" Luke 19:26-27

"Do not think that I have come to send peace on Earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" Matthew 10:34-35

Let what the foreign religion has planted on African I mean violence and self hatred kick off...........
Re: Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi by mahdino: 7:03am On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=xtremely9ja]The Kaduna State chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria on Tuesday urged the Federal Government to caution an Islamic Cleric, Sheikh Muhammadu Gumi, who they claimed was inciting Muslims against Christians in his Ramadan preachings.

What do u call a man that goes out of his way to serve a servant instead of his master?
Jesus is the master and what did he say? He said u shuold keep the laws and commandments in matt: 5:17 but u don't follow Jesus u follow Paul

U have really lost focus.
We believe in Jesus so Gummi will not say anything abusive to Jesus. Do u know that anytime a muslim calls the name of Jesus its is compoulsory for us to seek God's mercy just by calling the name Isa (as)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD / Is Smoking Cigarettes A Sin? / Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.