Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,803 members, 7,831,613 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) (32120 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Amaechi On Railway Inspection From Abuja To Kaduna (Photos) / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by sonymerlot: 3:49am On Jul 27, 2013
But seriously, if i am asked, Chibuike Amaeachi appears to be a man. He is a man that can be trusted to help improve the life of average Niger Deltan! he has a vision. He undertstands and he can perhaps see the positive future!
I am not from the region, but i see things from a very far region. I am a Yoruba man and i kind of see things differently simply because i once lived and worked in the region. He is a man that has tasted the raw liqiour! and he kind of understands whats going on in that part of the world!
In as much as i respect Jonathan, he is simply not the man that can stand his ground let alone argue his way out of common conversation!

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by sonymerlot: 4:19am On Jul 27, 2013
Just listening to Timaya now.............seem everybody in Nigeria is asleep now ehnm
Na wah o
How we go take solve our problems
Anyway, make i dey enjoy my Timaya (wey everybody dey aspire to be)!
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by thoniann(m): 5:00am On Jul 27, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Amaechi, you better go and reconcile with your master than to be running around, spending River State money for rubbish publicity. Why can't you be humble for a day. What impact has BBC interview you went for has for a common River State man? How many Rivers can afford watching BBC news in their home? Is the BBC publicity for who, for what?
Keep quiet if u nor get wetin to talk. Must u buy DSTV when startimes is cheap and affordable? Besides, BBC is too elitist to ask for, or air interviews that have been financially solicited. Abi u think say na AIT?
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by biafranqueen: 6:33am On Jul 27, 2013
sony.merlot:

At the bolded,
You can call these achievements little accomplishments........ You really need to have lived in PH back in 1998 thereabout! It was inhumane. Trust me. It was. I was there and i never liked myself nor the reason i was alive.
I just think this guy meant well. I stand to be corrected tho. Afterall, i was there again in 2012 and i see some form of promising future for the locals. These locals never believed life can be better for them if you ask me......but hey, sombody is there now and listening and seeing that things can be different! we need to applaud that at the very least. He 9Amaechi) may not have done done much.........but he is visionary. It takes a while before people start to appreciate positive vision! even in developed world.
I hear you my Dear I have heard from both sides and I must admit that I have not seen the changes in PH with my own eyes . So I will take your word for it. Others that live in the region have said they have seen changes but many projects such as the Monorails and other infrastructure programs are being neglected, because of these distractions. How can he donate $100,000. to one operation this is state money we are talking about.

His state has been grounded because he does have ambition for 2015 lets keep it real he needs to continue to focus on what he was doing when he first got into office. It is easy to use your mouth to build mansion, but when it is time to use your hand it takes focus, discipline and continuous right action.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by ssii: 8:45am On Jul 27, 2013
biafranqueen: I hear you my Dear I have heard from both sides and I must admit that I have not seen the changes in PH with my own eyes . So I will take your word for it. Others that live in the region have said they have seen changes but many projects such as the Monorails and other infrastructure programs are being neglected, because of these distractions. How can he donate $100,000. to one operation this is state money we are talking about.

Amaechi may have his faults but he has done well. He is indeed a visionary leader. People have complained about the monorail project, its rather a gigantic project which may not be worth the money spent on it but we need to wait till the end of the project to truly say its completely useless. However, generally he has done well. He has been distracted no doubts, but the state is not grounded. Construction works, other projects and processes are still going on.

discipline and continuous right action.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by vlove1: 9:01am On Jul 27, 2013
Amechi is a cultist, power drunk married to a greedy wife.
2015 is around the corner, God sparing our lives lets see what happens to Amechi.
Imagine his wife Judith gathers women every Wednesday afternoon together to pray calls the fellowship EL MA DON MEANING GOD OF jUSTICE.

TRULY LET GOD OF JUSTICE ARISE AND JUDGE U AMECHI FOR THE UNTOLD HARDSHIP YOUR USELESS MONORAIL PROJECT BROUGHT TO ALOT OF RIVERS INDIGENE whereas that money could have been used to relieve Olympia Hotel to create employment.

What meaningful thing did he proclaim in the interview if only 2% out of 100% canbe used for education in the north what a shame.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by TechyGuy: 9:22am On Jul 27, 2013
theoctopus:

Sometimes I don't understand some of you. If you believe in him so much, why not advise him to take the yoruba elder's advice and join APC. Then they can make him the presidential candidate and presto. Problem solved. Isn't that simple enough? Or are you people planning on voting pdp if they make Amachey the presidential candidate just because Amaechi is eloquent? You need a brain check.

You are so on point.

I posted this sometime back:

I would like to see when Amaechi reconciles with GEJ and PDP and starts campaigning with them for 2015, if Eko Ile, Dayokano, Gbawe, and the other CPC/ACN band-waggoners will still support Amaechi.
I would like to know if they will still call Amaechi a progressive.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by udoglory(m): 10:16am On Jul 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Incredible! Is this a joke or what? So those are your qualities of a good president? Even Adolf Hitler had most of those.

Anyway, I'm not surprised. Because of your hate for GEJ, some of you can support the devil.

I do not need an arrogant, power-drunk, despotic, immature, and thoughtless president. This is a governor whose action or inaction has virtually set his state on fire. As we speak, the function of the Rivers State House of Assembly has been taken over by the NASS. There are 36 state governors- 23 PDP governors and 13 of opposition parties. Why is Amaechi's state burning? I dont want a president that will set Nigeria on fire.

We'r talking of a state governor who embarked on a very important and EXPENSIVE project ( mono-rail) without properly thinking it through. For me, that is FOOLISHNESS. And other instances of such white elephant or thoughtless projects abound in the state.

I thought some of you are anti-corruption advocates? How has Amaechi fought corruption as governor?

GEJ may not be the most intelligent president in the world but he is focused, calm, cool-headed, consensus builder and most importantly, he has surrounded himself with the MOST INTELLIGENT Nigerians in the world: from the minister of Agriculture, finance minister, minister of communication technology, etc. Even one of his ministers was recently harvested by a multinational agency.
. And what has been the result of all those MOST INTELLIGENT Nigerians in his cabinate hw has their presence remedied d maladies befalling nigeria. All what they are good at is to remove fuel subsidy, increase electricity tariff and inflate d cost of commodities in the market by their so called policiesm
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2013
Ok we need to get out of the habit of elevating anybody who speaks english into being Presidential!!!!

That said I have always like Amaechi for one thing, he has always been a man of conviction. Regardless of what the world around him thinks and thats a good leadership quality.

I thank God the Governor of River State can loudly say what I always thought and have argued severally on this forum. The Amnesty programme was a very bone-headed decision and amounted to rewarding criminality. I grew in PH and like Amaechi we all know who these so called freedom fighters were.

But I take issue with Amaechi's argument that FG needs a special education programme for the North. There is no special education programme for the South and the fact that the South is largely more educated than the North is not down to some special government policy.

What we need is to make access to quality education available to all Nigerians no matter where they come from!
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by amibonaija: 10:56am On Jul 27, 2013
Pataki: Am actually quite impressed with the way Amaechi handled this HardTalk.

He is miles ahead of the drunkard we have as a President.
have little respect for your president

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by sovpounds(m): 1:42am On Jul 28, 2013
I wish either or both GEJ and Amaechi can prove beyond reasonable doubt that since they entered public office they have NEVER diverted public funds for private uses or into private bank accounts either directly or indirectly.

Whoever can prove that, he and he alone would have my sympathy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Calls Amaechi 'Son Of A Palm Wine Tapper' / Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, FCT – FG / Ize-Iyamu Bags Chieftaincy Title In Auchi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.