Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) (32119 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Amaechi On Railway Inspection From Abuja To Kaduna (Photos) / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by betre7363: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by fr3do(m): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2013
My people,is it eloquent and poetic leaders we need or spontaneous,steadfast,good and corrupt-free leaders?

Wait o
we can still have the two!
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by KwoiZabo(m): 8:00am On Jul 26, 2013
Just watched it. Amaechi is no threat to the president only that he has been too bossy in Rivers politics so he is being fought. He was nailed on the fact that he has shown no courtesy to his party or the president. Meanwhile since he has chosen to run his mouth up and down lets see where it will land him and with the way he prides himself around, those who hitherto have been sympathetic to his plight will begin to feel irritated by his actions. Anyway let the show continue.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by alphaconde(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2013
All nigerian political office holders are corrupt #fact
It will be senseless to think that a messaiah can come out of them.
Ameachi
Sanusi
Tambuwal
Fashola
Aregbesula
Oshomole
Abati
Jega
Fayemi
Mimiko
Obi
Rochas et all

All these guys though smart and young are another set of nigerian problem. They just have a new style and that's what confuses us. They are all rougues

Alpha conde

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by otokx(m): 8:03am On Jul 26, 2013
alpha conde: All nigerian political office holders are corrupt #fact
It will be senseless to think that a messaiah can come out of them.
Ameachi
Sanusi
Tambuwal
Fashola
Aregbesula
Oshomole
Abati
Jega
Fayemi
Mimiko

All these guys though smary and young are another set of nigerian problem. They just have a new style and that's what confuses us. They are all rougues

Alpha conde

spot on
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by mexiae(m): 8:12am On Jul 26, 2013
i don hear.........
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by TechyGuy: 8:13am On Jul 26, 2013
How much did Amaechi pay to be on Hard Talk and whose fund it is?

3 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Criticalobs: 8:13am On Jul 26, 2013
Unfortunately eloquences or wordiness does not translate to governance, this guy is a damn obstinate and arrogant and does not qualify to be a local government council. Leaders listen and execute people's programme and must always heed the demand of the people not a fighter like Amaechi. He is a disappointment.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by phillycute(f): 8:14am On Jul 26, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Amaechi, you better go and reconcile with your master than to be running around, spending River State money for rubbish publicity. Why can't you be humble for a day. What impact has BBC interview you went for has for a common River State man? How many Rivers can afford watching BBC news in their home? Is the BBC publicity for who, for what?
seventy five percent of rivers pple don't watch Nigeria TV , if u don't no' I guess u no now" and must you criticize gov' ameachi even if you don't have any reasonable things to say?
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by PStacks(m): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2013
I'm a die-hard Pro-Amechi..

I'm not saying Amechi is a Saint but in a Kingdom of Blind Politicians a one Eyed Amechi should be King...

Go Amechi! Go!!!

Amechi Do your thing. We gat ur back man!

No electricity to watch BBC nao.. Someone pls transcribe whatever he says here on nairaland so we can read even if we can't watch and hear..

Amechi.. U shall over come..

It might be an uphill task but u shall over-come..

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2013
TechyGuy: How much did Amaechi pay to be on Hard Talk and whose fund it is?

The producer of this particular edition of hardtalk is Sola Tayo, a Nigerian. From the above, you should be able to draw your conclusion
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by drnoel: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2013
sincerenigerian: The Amaechi guy is eloquent, charismatic and presidential. He looks calm, in-charge, and knowledgeable. He has his facts to issues being discussed.

Amaechi will make a good Nigerian President.
sorry but i dont agree. he obviously was well prepared for this and he seem to have a good understanding with the interviewer. all in all, this interview alone does not mean shit, its not enough to show how he would act in front of fire like if he was interviewed by madam amampour
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by coruso(m): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2013
Tokunboh
U are right on point
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by sylvok: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Amaechi, you better go and reconcile with your master than to be running around, spending River State money for rubbish publicity. Why can't you be humble for a day. What impact has BBC interview you went for has for a common River State man? How many Rivers can afford watching BBC news in their home? Is the BBC publicity for who, for what?
U are talking rubbish. GEJ is not his oga, the people that elected him are his oga.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 26, 2013
tokunboh:

May you remain blessed, chief. You are one of the few people that have been objective on this thread. This interview brought Amaechi's ignorance to the fore.
I don't know what people take eloquence to be - Eloquence is simply fluent, strong and persuasive speaking.
Was Rotimi Amaechi eloquent? No, he might have spoken english fluently but his delivery was poor, weak and not persuasive.
He gave a lot of vague responses and usual rhetoric to questions asked.

3.15 - On how to address insecurity through education - The solution he absolutely agreed with is the northern governors setting aside 2percent of their resources for education (spending 2percent out of 100percent on education is what Gov Amaechi thinks is best for northern states education - That's his ignorance on display again.

4.15 - On how to address unemployment: ..... one of the ways of addressing it is Agriculture.. Rivers State Government is looking at Agriculture, Agriculture will then address the uneducated class...wtf!!! Does that make any sense at all? !!!

7.15 - On the reasons why the Petroleum Industry Bill(PIB) has not been passed: .... He commended the present national assembly for being patriotic (They have not been able to pass PIB into law during the 2 legislative years that they have been at the national assembly, yet he called them patriotic ffs.) The only example Ameachi could cite as one of the reasons for the delay in passing the PIB is the power PIB would give to the minister of petroleum.

12.35 - When asked on his opposition to amnesty granted to Niger Delta militants and if he has any alternative to amnesty: He could not offer any alternative . He then proceeded to equate amnesty granted to Niger Delta militants to amnesty request for Boko haram - How shallow? (The anchor now went ahead to lecture him on how amnesty has reduced violence and restored peace in Rivers State - That is so disappointing.

For the remainder of the interview, Ameachi just dwelt on technicalities rather than solid facts.
With the above amongst other numerous missteps that portrayed him as being shallow, how can you tell me he did well on this interview. We should learn how to analyze things based on substance and content.

Spot on.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Okeikpu(m): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2013
dinachi: This man certainly looks and acts more presidential than Jonathan. I will choose him over Jonathan any day! No wonder Jonathan is afraid of him!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by betrani(m): 8:25am On Jul 26, 2013
don Mecuzy: Amaechi Is d Man Jare, I love his Brilliancy smiley

15th
Question is; Can he translate this to work in sight? Or work on ground? I can blab better than that!
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Blackteeth(m): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2013
The only thing Nigerians use for rating people is the ability to speak flawless english. Anybody who speaks flawless english with an American accent is automatically qualified to be president.

8 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Chukwutobi: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2013
double08: I must admit his answers to the questions were all spot on, Nice one Ameachi. unlike GEJ and obj I can recall a BBC Radio programme ''focus on Africa'' when the then Nigerian president OBJ was been interviewed someone for Togo called in and asked if Nigeria was an English speaking country because of the English OBJ was speaking grin,for once am proud
se u no know say Togo is a french speaking country so d person dat askd d question was suprised 2 c obj speak in English cos he was probably thinking Nigerians speak french too
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by 1shortblackboy: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2013
so wetin the bald headed man talk ? undecided
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by destino24(m): 8:30am On Jul 26, 2013
no data to watch the yt video....NCC abeg na....data cost is to high
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by dnative(m): 8:31am On Jul 26, 2013
Jonathan should go on BBCHardtalk where there are no prepared speeches and no holds barred. Let's see how he fares - #disasterlooming

6 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by betrani(m): 8:31am On Jul 26, 2013
Blackteeth: The only thing Nigerians use for rating people is the ability to speal flawless english. Anybody who speaks flawless english with an American accent is automatically qualified to be president.
Ur on point! The other day I heard patrick who uses self-coined words to speak deceiving people an illiterate guy was just cheering! Na wao!
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 26, 2013
This is intresting,I can't watch all now am little bit busy.

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Jerrygotswagg(m): 8:32am On Jul 26, 2013
Pls mod help me to tell seun dat I want to change my username on naira land to suzzyboyz and kindly help me delete the pic I posted on my bday ...pls do dis in d next 13 hrs ; I do have my reasons ......thanks

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Okeikpu(m): 8:33am On Jul 26, 2013
SHARAP!!
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by TechyGuy: 8:34am On Jul 26, 2013
tokunboh:

The producer of this particular edition of hardtalk is Sola Tayo, a Nigerian. From the above, you should be able to draw your conclusion

DO you mean it's an ACN/Tinubu arrangement?
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by chaloner(m): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2013
He said we shall never sleep or use garium sulphate in dis country again
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Jerrygotswagg(m): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2013
Pls mod help me to tell seun dat I want to change my username on naira land to suzzyboyz and kindly help me delete the pic I posted on my bday ...pls do dis in d next 13 hrs ; I do have my reasons ......thanks
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by theripper3: 8:39am On Jul 26, 2013
Since wen did vague analysis equate competence? Well, I wouldn't be surprised if those applauding Amaechi are just APC hirelings. You know what they say about " the enemy of your enemy".
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Emperor007: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2013
tokunboh:

May you remain blessed, chief. You are one of the few people that have been objective on this thread. This interview brought Amaechi's ignorance to the fore.
I don't know what people take eloquence to be - Eloquence is simply fluent, strong and persuasive speaking.
Was Rotimi Amaechi eloquent? No, he might have spoken english fluently but his delivery was poor, weak and not persuasive.
He gave a lot of vague responses and usual rhetoric to questions asked.

3.15 - On how to address insecurity through education - The solution he absolutely agreed with is the northern governors setting aside 2percent of their resources for education (spending 2percent out of 100percent on education is what Gov Amaechi thinks is best for northern states education - That's his ignorance on display again.

4.15 - On how to address unemployment: ..... one of the ways of addressing it is Agriculture.. Rivers State Government is looking at Agriculture, Agriculture will then address the uneducated class...wtf!!! Does that make any sense at all? !!!

7.15 - On the reasons why the Petroleum Industry Bill(PIB) has not been passed: .... He commended the present national assembly for being patriotic (They have not been able to pass PIB into law during the 2 legislative years that they have been at the national assembly, yet he called them patriotic ffs.) The only example Ameachi could cite as one of the reasons for the delay in passing the PIB is the power PIB would give to the minister of petroleum.

12.35 - When asked on his opposition to amnesty granted to Niger Delta militants and if he has any alternative to amnesty: He could not offer any alternative . He then proceeded to equate amnesty granted to Niger Delta militants to amnesty request for Boko haram - How shallow? (The anchor now went ahead to lecture him on how amnesty has reduced violence and restored peace in Rivers State - That is so disappointing.

For the remainder of the interview, Ameachi just dwelt on technicalities rather than solid facts.
With the above amongst other numerous missteps that portrayed him as being shallow, how can you tell me he did well on this interview. We should learn how to analyze things based on substance and content.

^^^

Thread CLOSED.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Storm 2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp In Ovia North-East Edo / Buhari: "Most Northern Youths Are Uneducated Or School Dropouts" / Why I Believe Buhari Plotted And Executed The Bomb Attack On His Own Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.