Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Atheist And Insecurities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist And Insecurities (2302 Views)

Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist / The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now / How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2013

Are atheists insecure?

I mean, they claim that overall, they believe religion and God, etc, etc are rubbish, but yet, they spend all their time on religious forums trying to convince everyone about their "religion" or lack of thereof.

It's like every atheist in this place could probably list more than a million reasons why the idea of a deity is bullshit. Why spend so much time on religion if you believed it is bunch of BS anyway?

I think this is serious insecurities coming
through. I mean, if you are so sure that no God or any of the sort exists, why make such a big deal about it?

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by frank317: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2013
i think your thinking is very incomplete if you think they spend their time here because of insecurity. it makes me wonder what stuff your brain is made up of? sponge?

some times religion makes people silly and they just tend to talk any how. how did you come to conclusion that atheists spend their time here because they feel insecured? are you ok?

couldnt they be having fun?
or couldnt it be that they are frustrated by the way religious people think and talk?
they could be worried by the gullibility of religious people.
are you not seeing the problems caused by religion around u? dont you think atheists think religion is a curse?

from where did the idea od insecurity come into head.

pls think before you talk...

4 Likes

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 26, 2013
Just so you know, I didn't click your link. What's there is nothing I haven't heard before. Simply explain the reason why atheist obsessed about religion that they supposedly don't care about.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 26, 2013
frank3.16:
i think your thinking is very incomplete if you think they spend their time here because of insecurity. it makes me wonder what stuff your brain is made up of? sponge?

some times religion makes people silly and they just tend to talk any how. how did you come to conclusion that atheists spend their time here because they feel insecured? are you ok?

couldnt they be having fun?
or couldnt it be that they are frustrated by the way religious people think and talk?
they could be worried by the gullibility of religious people.
are you not seeing the problems caused by religion around u? dont you think atheists think religion is a curse?

from where did the idea od insecurity come into head.

pls think before you talk...

Classic! A typical atheist response to criticism. "Insult and ridicule"
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by frank317: 10:26am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn: Just so you know, I didn't click your link. What's there is nothing I haven't heard before. Simply explain the reason why atheist obsessed about religion that they supposedly don't care about.

because it is natural to rebel against something u feel is causing so much harm to ur environment

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2013
frank3.16:

because it is natural to rebel against something u feel is causing so much harm to ur environment

So you consider yourselves rebels, heh? Rebelling against the truth, so that you can hide in the shroud of your own ignorance. Interesting
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by yorubaamerican(m): 10:50am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Are atheists insecure?

I mean, they claim that overall, they believe religion and God, etc, etc are rubbish, but yet, they spend all their time on religious forums trying to convince everyone about their "religion" or lack of thereof.

It's like every atheist in this place could probably list more than a million reasons why the idea of a deity is bullshit. Why spend so much time on religion if you believed it is bunch of BS anyway?

I think this is serious insecurities coming
through. I mean, if you are so sure that no God or any of the sort exists, why make such a big deal about it?

I think you have a good point here... maybe you should look up the term "apatheism". Still, I must say, most atheist actually don't care. What's pushing them to talk about their lack of belief are comments from believers who tell them they're going to hell,lost,stupid, or need Jesus. I mean, everyone wants to justify their position. In other words, the God-Debate is pretty fun.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by frank317: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

So you consider yourselves rebels, heh? Rebelling against the truth, so that you can hide in the shroud of your own ignorance. Interesting

dont over react to the word rebel... its just a simple word that mean going against something you think is bad. it could be in a form of a simple arguement.

truth? what is the truth? your islamic believes of the christian believe or the hindu or jewish? what is exactly the truth?

it is statement like this that make atheists always comment on Nairaland, yet ur mind chose to call it insecurity.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2013
Logicboy03: Trololo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM
Craze man, where u dey find these videos? LMao.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Areaboy2(m): 11:08am On Jul 26, 2013
musKeeto:
Craze man, where u dey find these videos? LMao.
I almost shat myself just now laughing. Played it for my colleagues and the office went mental grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 26, 2013
frank3.16:

dont over react to the word rebel... its just a simple word that mean going against something you think is bad. it could be in a form of a simple arguement.

truth? what is the truth? your islamic believes of the christian believe or the hindu or jewish? what is exactly the truth?

it is statement like this that make atheists always comment on Nairaland, yet ur mind chose to call it insecurity.

Atheist see religion as nothing but mere figment of imagination and sentiments. According to them, life has no purpose. Truth doesn't exist, in fact everything is black and white, plain and simple.

What they fail to grasp is that there are grey areas in every thing. There are many instances where some people die for few minutes and see themselves floating around, before rejoining their physical form. It's what is known as Out-Of-Body experience and a sound proof that the world is any thing but black and white and simple like the atheist will make anyone believe.

Religion surely doesn't deserved to be relegated to the point of insignificance, where atheist commonly refers to it as a state of mental slavery.

Rid your mind of all your prejudice and maybe you will see that you are the ones in the state of mental slavery, not believers.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 26, 2013
yorubaamerican:

I think you have a good point here... maybe you should look up the term "apatheism". Still, I must say, most atheist actually don't care. What's pushing them to talk about their lack of belief are comments from believers who tell them they're going to hell,lost,stupid, or need Jesus. I mean, everyone wants to justify their position. In other words, the God-Debate is pretty fun.

"God-Debate", like you put it shouldn't be fun. I don't see anything fun about poking fun at your maker, unless it was simply to mask your own form of mental inadequacies.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by ooman(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Atheist see religion as nothing but mere figment of imagination and sentiments. According to them, life has no purpose. Truth doesn't exist, in fact everything is black and white, plain and simple.

What they fail to grasp is that there are grey areas in every thing. There are many instances where some people die for few minutes and see themselves floating around, before rejoining their physical form. It's what is known as Out-Of-Body experience and a sound proof that the world is any thing but black and white and simple like the atheist will make anyone believe.

Religion surely doesn't deserved to be relegated to the point of insignificance, where atheist commonly refers to it as a state of mental slavery.

Rid your mind of all your prejudice and maybe you will see that you are the ones in the state of mental slavery, not believers.

mumu...
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by ooman(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

"God-Debate", like you put it shouldn't be fun. I don't see anything fun about poking fun at your maker, unless it was simply to mask your own form of mental inadequacies.

who exactly is this maker? Zeus, Flying Pig, Yahweh or Krishna
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2013
why dignify this post with a reasonable answer? because if left unhindered, false ideologies (one that claims what it is not) is as much as deadly as a destructive ideologies. who better to stem the tide than atheists
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

mumu...

Is that all you got??

C'mon, you can do better than that.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Areaboy2(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: why dignify this post with a reasonable answer? because if left unhindered, false ideologies (one that claims what it is not) is as much as deadly as a destructive ideologies. who better to stem the tide than atheists

exactly why i think that video was the perfect response grin grin grin grin grin.. I'm still laughing.... grin grin grin

oh and this too

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by ooman(m): 11:27am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Is that all you got??

C'mon, you can do better than that.

do you not see that everyone here is laughing at how dumb you have become.....
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 26, 2013
Firstly,I don't intend to involve in any form of arguement,so don't be disappointed if I don't reply,that's the last thing I'll do.but you see,I'm writing this with the aim of getting the message across to my CHRISTain bretherens.Ephesians 4:14.don't allow yourself to be tossed around by every wind of doctrine,yeah.there are a lot scholars out there claiming to have mental independence(false mental independence) thereby presenting themselves as undulating winds to blow CHRISTains off the path of righteousness,beware,never back off.read the WORD voraciously,have faith in the WORD and let IT live in you.the WORD is great,with the WORD,the world was created,John 1:1-5.with the WORD;light was seperated from darkness,Genesis 1:4.through the WORD we have life.John 11:25.the WORD is POWERFUL.GOD said he exalt his WORD above HIS NAME.Jesus went further to affirm the need for us to establish the faith in us by using the parable of the builders(mathew 7:24-27).Read the Bible and you shall prosper in Faith,wisdom,confidence.all these false teachings won't have their way in you.....we thank GOD.I'm still very much around as GOD wills.first time though.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

who exactly is this maker? Zeus, Flying Pig, Yahweh or Krishna

I believe that every religion, at least most of them worship one God under different institutions. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Even Hindu.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

Sure, y'all are laughing at your own ignorance and foolish arrogance.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by yorubaamerican(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Sorry if the word "fun" made you think I was referring to poking fun at god(s), but the fact still remains, many do see DEBATING (not poking fun) about religion and all the deities under the sun as a way to have fun online. Especially when people take it so seriously.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2013
Firstly,I don't intend to involve in any form of arguement,so don't be disappointed if I don't reply,that's the last thing I'll do.but you see,I'm writing this with the aim of getting the message across to my CHRISTain bretherens.Ephesians 4:14.don't allow yourself to be tossed around by every wind of doctrine,yeah.there are a lot scholars out there claiming to have mental independence(false mental independence) thereby presenting themselves as undulating winds to blow CHRISTains off the path of righteousness,beware,never back off.read the WORD voraciously,have faith in the WORD and let IT live in you.the WORD is great,with the WORD,the world was created,John 1:1-5.with the WORD;light was seperated from darkness,Genesis 1:4.through the WORD we have life.John 11:25,IJohn 5:11,Romans 6:23.the WORD is POWERFUL.GOD said he exalt his WORD above HIS NAME.Jesus went further to affirm the need for us to establish the faith in us by using the parable of the builders(mathew 7:24-27).Read the Bible and you shall prosper in Faith,wisdom,confidence.all these false teachings won't have their way in you.....we thank GOD.I'm still very much around as GOD wills.first time though.PEACE.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by ooman(m): 11:42am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

I believe that every religion, at least most of them worship one God under different institutions. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Even Hindu.

seriously? so satanists worship yahweh now?
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2013
yorubaamerican:

Sorry if the word "fun" made you think I was referring to poking fun at god(s), but the fact still remains, many do see DEBATING (not poking fun) about religion and all the deities under the sun as a way to have fun online. Especially when people take it so seriously.

Okay, now I get your point. But still, it still doesn't address the weird obsession with religion. In religion section, there are far more threads attacking Christianity, than Christianity attacking atheism. Which begs the question, which one is more tolerant?

Christians doesn't seem to mind the atheist and post topics on discussions that further enrich their knowledge, while the atheist post topics attacking Christians or any other form of religion.

You call it debate, I call it poking fun, which can be compared with bullying which in turn can be compared with insecurities. You can't make fun of or obsessed about someone, unless you are swimming in the pool of insecurities, period.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

seriously? so satanists worship yahweh now?

Hindus worship many gods, but they recognise one supreme being and they call him Vishnu/Krishna.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by ooman(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Hindus worship many gods, but they recognise one supreme being and they call him Vishnu/Krishna.

how does this answer my question?
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by yorubaamerican(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Okay, now I get your point. But still, it still doesn't address the weird obsession with religion. In religion section, there are far more threads attacking Christianity, than Christianity attacking atheism. Which begs the question, which one is more tolerant?

Christians doesn't seem to mind the atheist and post topics on discussions that further enrich their knowledge, while the atheist post topics attacking Christians or any other form of religion.

You call it debate, I call it poking fun, which can be compared with bullying which in turn can be compared with insecurities. You can't make fun of or obsessed about someone, unless you are swimming in the pool of insecurities, period.

You're taking this way too far. Yes, insecurities may be responsible for much of the puerile logic and behavior we see on NL and other online forums, but that's not the case with all atheists. And we've all read and witnessed many not-so-nice comments from intolerable Christians, let's be honest.

I've seen this flawed-argument about atheist having an obsession with region many times. Could it be that the atheist is interested in the evolution of religion, and is also curious about how, within the last few centuries, we've become so Christianized, while leaving behind and dismissing all the other gods found in other civilizations? This may not be the case for all atheist, but it does describe many atheist I know.

I think the Nigerian-Atheist (there's a moniker!) is more complex because the society is extremely (by extremely, I mean deadly) religious and he (or she, sorry ladies) feels the need to protect what is his right not to believe. Problems arise, as I wrote above, when the believer tells the atheist that he or she is wrong, going to hell, stupid, ignorant, or needs Jesus, among other things.

There is meaningful debate and discourse on this topic -- I've experience much of it from both sides. I just don't think that's available on NL. That may be where your problem lies.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

not really. they are merely "laughing" to cover the deep-seated insecurities. the OP makes an excellent point that is, as usual, masked over by false "laughing", mockery... atheists apparently do not have the capacity to rationally address a point.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist And Insecurities by frank317: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

its not fun when u see him as your maker... its fun when others dont see him as their maker.

just as muslims criticise christians and christians critisice muslims.
Re: Atheist And Insecurities by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
frank3.16:

its not fun when u see him as your maker... its fun when others dont see him as their maker.

just as muslims criticise christians and christians critisice muslims.

the comparison falls flat. You dont see muslims camped on christian sections ad nauseum and vice versa. Atheists on the other hand, seem to have absolutely nothing else to do besides attacking the christian POV (never the muslims of course out of cowardice). What is most disturbing is the level of hate, virulent, irrational, frightening... for people who just claim to be "having fun".

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Catholic Church Evil? / 42 Prayer Points To Tackle This Year 2015 By Dr D.k Olukoya / Medical Findings On Speaking In Tongues-Dr. Carl Peterson, M.D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.