Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38825 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

why won't you? it's all written on your forehead that mission on this planet is to devalue the institution of marriage....

lol. I have several reasons why I support it, but that is not what this thread is about
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
There's no need for feminists to be so miserable all the time and to feel such hatred towards men, all they need is a clean shave and a good fûcking and they'll be happy as Larry.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by slimyem: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
How far are feminists really going to go to prove their points?
How long is it going to take them to realize they can't win this feminism war?
Don't y'all get tired of trying to define and defend feminism? Till tomorrow comes, what feminists seek to establish can never be fully realized in Nigeria, Africa and the world over. The place of a woman will always be different somehow. Sad reality!!
I am female but in my next life, I'm coming back with a d1ck!! -a big fat one too. cool

5 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

you might want to check again....

So you think I am a dude lol
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
More power to their elbows. These women anger the men, especially Nigerian men, which is fine by me. I love it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
hornipipe: The ''marriage'' being discussed on this thread as far as I'm concerned is that which is an agreement between just two people, male and female that is.

I grew up knowing marriage to be a life long union between two different sexes, its my opinion...
Your attempt to redefine what marriage is only denies the fact of what marriage really is, if you want to discuss gay marriage you should create another thread and invite me over.

Yepaaaa!!! I'm not redefining marriage. Marriage comes with societal benefits.....that's why our homosexual brothers are fighting for recognition in the societal level.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

why won't you? it's all written on your forehead that mission on this planet is to devalue the institution of marriage....

you might want to check again....

And this is their express mission

sleekdot:

Even the Feminist idol Beyonce got married and she is dropping her name and adopting MRS CARTER The symbol of male dominance
She rose to stardom on the adoration of vibrant young men n women
Feminists pure ones anyway will have been envious

These ones talking here are truly mgbeke feminists. ? How can one be 50 percent feminist?

Where are kulyie n 99cent

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

hermaph!!!

I will take that as a compliment, so thanks lol
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
slimyem: How far are feminists really going to go to prove their points?
How long is it going to take them to realize they can't win this feminism war?
Don't y'all get tired of trying to define and defend feminism? Till tomorrow comes, what feminists seek to establish can never be fully realized in Nigeria, Africa and the world over. The place of a woman will always be different somehow. Sad reality!!
I am female and in my next life, I'm coming back with a d1ck!! -a big fat one too. cool

Honesty is a virtue n until these ones realise it, all na ofo
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
Feminists: Independent, Strong, and Intelligent!
Until something goes a little bit wrong.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Feminism is not communism. Communism is based on the principle that everyone is equal. Feminism is based on the conviction that every woman is different. Consequently, some women are more family - oriented whereas others are more career - oriented, yet others want to have it all, career and family life. It's all about the FREEDOM to choose. Let women who want to be stay-in-home mums, be, and let women who are not meant to raise 5 children and do housework all day Long, do something else. Everyone should have the freedom to choose according to his interest and abilities.

Really? I had thought it to be the opposite... Most of the articles I have come across about this hot topic are made as if they speak for all women. It is made to seem like women who would prefer traditional roles over having to work or provide for their families are dafts or people who belong to the 1800s.

A lot of feminists claim to approve individualism but are quick to conclude about how "backwards thinking" a man (an individual) who prefers to stick to his traditional roles is- a reason why I tend to get defensive.

I have never for once thought of a woman who has agreed to marry me as a gift, or traditions like dowry payment,engagement rings, the use of veils, the use of a man's family surname or whatever as the purchase of a property (OP's points). shocked It is such a terrible opinion to have about an institution as noble as marriage.

Excluding some of the generalizations below, I think this bro raised some fine points.

The African woman is a womanist: pro-male, pro-child and pro-marriage.
The womanist fights societal evils like
Child marriage, illiteracy of women, Core mutilation, obligatory motherhood, horrible widowhood practices etc.

I completely agree with the ideas behind liberal Feminism. The idea that "...it is possible for change to happen without altering the structure of society." - Wikipedia

When feminists make their points I think they should make their stance a little clearer to avoid confusions on what feminist ideologies they promote. I always cringe when people support very radical ideologies especially about social reforms... you raised some very fine points though... smiley

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Yepaaaa!!! I'm not redefining marriage. Marriage comes with societal benefits.....that's why our homosexual brothers are fighting for recognition in the societal level.
Supporting gay marriage simply means you're trying to redefine what marriage really is.

P.S... I don't hate gays, I actually have friends who are gay.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
On a scale of Feminist to Housewife, How good is your cooking?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
A feminist recently told me that men only use
women for sex.
Not if she's rich.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ugly? Old? Balding? Lost your appeal?
Try Feminism.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Decryptor(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
I read this book, written by a feminist, describing how women should have equal rights, equal pay and how they are just as good as men in all aspects of life. I absolutely loved it.
I'm a big fan of fiction.

5 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
Classic... @decryptor

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
What do you call a feminist who isn't fat or a
lesbian?
Not a feminist.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:
I will take that as a compliment, so thanks lol

just kidding.....you can't take that serious....
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
I went to an interview and ended up being
interviewed by a radical feminist.
"Hello Madam, it's a pleasure to be here." I began.
"Please don't call me Madam, women are just as powerful as men in the working world, address me as so." She retorted. "I apologise. Hello Sir, it's a pleasure to be here

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Sweetlemon(f): 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Guys I beg don't mind those so-called feminists.

I dare any lady here who says she wants to keep her maiden name after marriage to marry Bill Gates son and still keep her daddy's name. And as for those who claim that it's because of Islam, I dare them to marry Dangote and still keep their maiden name! Are Turai Maryam Abacha Fati Abubarkar and those others married to powerful men not muslims?

Abegi! All na wash jare. They just like their own surnames name because of the weight it carries. Nothing else!

Like someone said, most of them are just hiding behind the facade to hide troubled pasts.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Afam4eva(m): 9:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
collynzo2: I went to an interview and ended up being
interviewed by a radical feminist.
"Hello Madam, it's a pleasure to be here." I began.
"Please don't call me Madam, women are just as powerful as men in the working world, address me as so." She retorted. "I apologise. Hello Sir, it's a pleasure to be here
Lol grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 9:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

just kidding.....you can't take that serious....

of course not
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by luvmijeje(f): 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
I'm proud to be a feminist. Anyone who doesn't like it should please hug a live transformer. I can feel jitter, fear and anxiety in their words. What are they afraid of?

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
Feminists always say that they want all the
oppurtunities that men have.
Including getting to have sex with women.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
collynzo2: What do you call a feminist who isn't fat or a
lesbian?
Not a feminist.
;-/
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Owobobrown(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
too much American movie
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Decryptor(m): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm proud to be a feminist. Anyone who doesn't like it should please hug a live transformer. I can feel jitter, fear and anxiety in their words. What are they afraid of?
Who cares? U are just among the insignificant "forever-single" men-haters! Thank God all women ain't like that. Cheers to all non-feminist women all over the world. Mwahhhh!

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
What is the opposite of feminism?
Realism.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
I once got up on a crowded bus and offered the woman who was stood near me my seat, she said was a feminist, didn't want my seat and just wanted to be treated equally with men...
...so I headbutted the bîtch for farting in my face earlier!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Son Celebrates His Mother's Birthday. Shares Boyfriend-Girlfriend Kind Of Photos / So This Is Marriage? / My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.