Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38788 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by imsuboi(m): 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva: It beats me why humans just like causing confusion. We were created as tribes and as if that was not enough, people started creating religion. As if that was not enough, women started asserting themselves in the most stup1d ways. As if that's not enough, one day we'll have children fighting for their rights from their parents. Kai.

I hope the highlighted is in regards to this thread and not the fight for gender equality as a whole. For your own good, I really do hope.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Afam4eva(m): 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:
I hope the highlighted is in regards to this thread and not the fight for gender equality as a whole. For your own good, I really do hope.
There's already gender equality just that some people want to take up a role that's not naturally theirs.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by slap1(m): 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Feminism, I think, is like shooting at the clouds. There will be progress, surely, but certainly no satisfaction.

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva: It beats me why humans just like causing confusion. We were created as tribes and as if that was not enough, people started creating religion. As if that was not enough, women started asserting themselves in the most stup1d ways. As if that's not enough, one day we'll have children fighting for their rights from their parents. Kai.
na children you dey talk! Wait make chicken con tell u say him get right to life no matter the season
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
There's already gender equality just that some people want to take up a role that's not naturally theirs.
There's gender equality when 70% of working women are paid less than their male counterparts??
There's gender equality when Nigerians still see male children as better than female children??
There's gender equality and marital rape is legal in Nigeria and many other countries??
There's gender equality and gender roles still exist in homes??

Where do you live?? La-la land??

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by luvmijeje(f): 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
Kkk.... If that's their choice.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by bebechuks: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
grin ;Wow
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by salt1: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
There is rarely any African woman that is a feminist. The African woman,unlike her Western counterpart is a womanist: pro-male, pro-child and pro-marriage.
The womanist fights societal evils like
Child marriage, illiteracy of women, genital mutilation, obligatory motherhood, horrible widowhood practices etc.
Don't confuse these frivolous women with others

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by steveec122(m): 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

can they? you mean a feminist would buy herself a ring worth her 6 month salary?
Pls I want to know who originated the ring generally, Because I do not see any reason for any one to fix or hang a metal on the body for any purpose. I personally (not on ground of faith) detest rings. It weighs down my spirit as if a covenant was associated with its originators.

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by crackhaus: 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
These so-called feminists need to understand that The Battle of the Sexes has already been fought and won many years ago when they still ended up getting married. There's no such thing as feminism, it is an illusion suffered by miserable, self-loathing, proud and arrogant women who must have had daddy issues growing up, or got physically/sexually abused (sorry to say this) at a time in their lives and could not deal with it. Feminism isn't just the world order. It is a man's world and Beyonce or Oprah couldn't do anything about it

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by ladygogo: 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
I won't mind keeping my last name. coolHonestly, that ish is a big deal to me. A lot of men think its not because it's something they dont have to do.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by http(m): 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Let them continue their feminism, as we can all see that a lot of women are now raising the kids alone, enough evidence in the U.S and U.K, what is the outcome? bastard and inhuman behaviour all over the society...

You cannot enforce a change in nature and you wont get the serious feedback we are getting now.

There is something called Environmental Equilibrium where nature balance thing in its own way, any alter to this devine way, the consequence is alarming.

Feminism or feminist are confuse set of people who are just running in circle, i keep laughing as if am watching some comedy..

If them like, let them declare marriage as antifeminist, na dem sabi.

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:
There's gender equality when 70% of working women are paid less than their male counterparts??
There's gender equality when Nigerians still see male children as better than female children??
There's gender equality and marital rape is legal in Nigeria and many other countries??

there is something wrong with gender roles? Show me where rape is leagal in our laws. I understand you want to be every thing, but thats no reason to tell lies!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
Interesting... I like the part where they detest engagement rings.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by nijanigga: 6:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
why do Nigerians don't strive for perfections.We easily give in to "let's manage it".Unlike developed world like America and co.Am I the only one thinking like that?

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:

Are there no men that earn lower than women?

Nigerians don't see male children as been better. It's just that they always strive to get at least one male child to continue with the name of the family. A woman gets married off anyways.

Are men and women not r.aping themselves in marriage? Why's that of the man always highlighted and that of the woman seen as insignificant?

What's wrong with gender roles? Isn't it common sense that since men are stronger physically and women are more multi-tasking, that they will fit into roles that require these strengths?

What gave rise to these whole feminist BS is that women want to take up roles masculine roles instead of sticking with their roles as women. Very soon women will start saying it's gender inequality not to have d1cks like their husbands.

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
I am waiting for the gyal I will meet in the future to tell me all these o... grin

we go see who go convert later.

The last time I checked, Marriage is not a forceful union. Good luck to them as they look for men who would agree to their terms and conditions. No be only feminist na minifest. tongue

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
It's wrong to say feminists can't marry and that this is a contradiction. Check the definition of feminism.

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by tellmoon(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
End tyme tnz
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:

I see nothing wrong with the existence of gender roles... undecided I think this is just taking things a little extreme in my opinion. Would you want to elaborate on how gender roles make women unequal to men?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by sleekdot(m): 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:
[size=14pt]There's gender equality and gender roles still exist in homes??[/size]

Where do you live?? La-la land??[/font][/size]

What do you mean by the bold
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
souldust: there is something wrong with gender roles? Show me where rape is leagal in our laws. I understand you want to be every thing, but thats no reason to tell lies!
Let's assume you're ignorant, what baffles me is why you're not smart enough to confirm your information before accusing me of lying.

Showing countries where marital rape is illegal, and where marital rape is legal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_rape

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by dplomaticVal: 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
IF care isnt taken the so-called group wld also plan on whn to kil their husbnds to join widow's club. undecided
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by yiboboy: 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:

You have substantial evidence for this?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
carefreewannabe: It's wrong to say feminists can't marry and that this is a contradiction. Check the definition of feminism.
my dear, i support all the things good feminists agitate for but some people have given the movement a bad name. I think it is so so unfair to the genuine cause some of them are fighting.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Oildichotomy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
Feminism ?? Is that a new type of cult, movement or anti-christ ?cos i don't seem to understand their aims and objectives.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by orgasticdance: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:

But u wudnt have loved us if we sat at home complaining about unfairness or being on an uneven keel with larger primates; we went out to hunt big game while u took care of the kids naturally; and we won cheesy
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
souldust: my dear, i support all the things good feminists agitate for but some people have given the movement a bad name. I think it is so so unfair to the genuine cause some of them are fighting.

I am happy you have a balanced view. I agree, some women have given the movement a bad name and it's a pity indeed.
Our grandmothers and mothers have fought for their (grand-) daughters to have the right to vote, to be able to earn and have their own Money, to NOT be considered second class citizens and it wasn't easy, so it's a pity some women can't cope with the freedom their ancestors were not able to enjoy. However, there have always been 'good' and 'bad' women and I wish everyone had a balanced view like you do instead of being afraid of feminism like of the devil himself without even knowing what it basically is about.

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
This feminism is turning to something else.
but there is a difference btw the African feminist and that of the western world cuz the African culture and tradition is just different
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by gothrones(m): 7:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
Joavid: This feminism is turning to something else.
but there is a difference btw the African feminist and that of the western world cuz the African culture and tradition is just different

This is getting interesting. Please elaborate on the cultural differences and explain how western and African feminsim is different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

See Moment A Little Boy Kicked His Mom's Pot Of Stew While Dancing(See Reaction) / How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? / I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out